PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

What does license type do exactly? Is it possible to fully edit licensed teams like unlicensed ones? That would be great, too.
Because now I use Fan Editor, load OF2 and overwrite a licensed team with an unlicensed one, to be able to edit the kit of what is a licensed team in the original game. But it has a limit, when I want to give this team another logo I have to do it in Fan Editor because the option to change a logo is disabled in the game editor for these teams, and it is sad we can only add 60 logos in the editor in pes 2008

yes just exactly what you need, if you set the value to unlicensed it will enable the use of edit mode kits

Even I've not bought them in the shop ?

Oh ok yes I see what you mean now. If you buy them during a ML I don't think they appear afterwards. But I could be wrong.

Sorry as I know that my answer does not answer your question at all. If I am honest, I never buy those players so I have not thought too much about it. All I know is that you get random young players turn up. For example, in my recent one, a young Van Dyke appeared. So now I have two in my ML game which is a bit annoying.

Indeed a young Ettori has appeared even if I have Ettori from ML default in my team.

I'm pretty sure that if I buy a classic player or team during my ML, they'd appear in the next season.

I'll try this scenario later.

Does anyone have this version of WE2008? I tried to download it from the blog "museu dos patches" but the link is broken.

1681053676411.png

Hi @geeeeee ,

I've noticed that if you start a ML on PES 2008 PSP, then the setting to turn the classic players off is well retained.

What I'd like to try when I'll get my PS2 with me is to transfer a ML created on PSP to PS2 as probably the setting will be kept on PS2 too. It'd then be a way to have a ML without classic players on PES 2008 PS2 !

Too bad there is no emulation of the PS2-PSP link and that everything needs to be done on real hardware.

Also, I'm amazed on how nice the midfield battles are in PES 2008 compared to PES 6. <3

Last edited:
yes just exactly what you need, if you set the value to unlicensed it will enable the use of edit mode kits

Thanks for the latest update with kits! P.S. This error appears on some teams:

Attachments

• 1681283601845.png
    1681283601845.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi @geeeeee ,

I've noticed that if you start a ML on PES 2008 PSP, then the setting to turn the classic players off is well retained.

What I'd like to try when I'll get my PS2 with me is to transfer a ML created on PSP to PS2 as probably the setting will be kept on PS2 too. It'd then be a way to have a ML without classic players on PES 2008 PS2 !

Too bad there is no emulation of the PS2-PSP link and that everything needs to be done on real hardware.

Also, I'm amazed on how nice the midfield battles are in PES 2008 compared to PES 6. <3

Hopefully that will solve it…but…KONAMI! Why make things so difficult for us fans? :D

Yes the midfield battles are great. I have never really like PES6 if I am honest.

Anyway to fix 5000 point players in ML. I gave the players special abilities and some still are 5000.

Я расширил диапазон со 150 до 256 (0-255) в поле со списком моделей, не уверен, сколько моделей есть в pes 2008, но кажется, что больше 150, хотя я не уверен, какое значение будет максимально допустимым, оставьте что в виду

скачать: https://pes5indie.com/tools/OF_Team_Editor/pes2008ps2/
Thank you :APPLAUD:

you mean the kit model right?

i made a tool for editing option file of pes2008 ps2, the same as i did for pes5 with swap teams
here you can download it
https://pes5indie.com/tools/OF_Team_Editor/pes2008ps2/

in this version i added the option to change the kit model, not sure which kit model it is on pes2008 but you can try

View attachment 210423

you can also remove the license from a team ()

I checked and found Classic NT had kit model 14 while all others had model 0.
So I tried to apply model 14 to the 1980s NT I made (I overwrote club teams and the whole OF only has National Teams)
Unfortunately, it did not work, no short shorts at all and the collars are all messed up now. So I changed it back to model 0 for now.
There are 256 models available in total so I don't want to try all of them one by one and check in game how they look.
Is there any list available of how those different models look? Anything that helps to identify the needed kit model would be great. Otherwise I will keep the kits as they are, although it would be a nice addition of course to have classic 1980s kit style

So I tried to apply model 14 to the 1980s NT I made (I overwrote club teams and the whole OF only has National Teams)
Unfortunately, it did not work, no short shorts at all and the collars are all messed up now. So I changed it back to model 0 for now.
There are 256 models available in total so I don't want to try all of them one by one and check in game how they look.
Is there any list available of how those different models look? Anything that helps to identify the needed kit model would be great. Otherwise I will keep the kits as they are, although it would be a nice addition of course to have classic 1980s kit style
Try model nr.11, it has retro style shorts. Model number 14 has regular length shorts

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 14.png
    14.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 17

I was never sure if the change of model applies to unlicensed teams if im honest, i think that unlicensed use by default 0 but make some test.
Unfortunately the only way is that... Or maybe using some tricks with cheat engine changing the number in memory testing and viewing the model in edit mode
If someone is interested into that i can try to explain it

First of all huge thanks for this thread :APPLAUD: I totally missed 2008 because of the negativity around the NG versions, I knew the PS2 versions remained similar having tried 2009&14 but they felt different to the classic Pes4 through to Pes6 all which have their merits and minuses Pes 2008 however feels like a great balance of all these games with the game being harder and slower than pes6, refs not as fussy as pes5 with great defending and the shooting is way better and all with more recent rosters (late 07- early 10 best EPL era for me).

I made a few tweaks with an editor to improve keeper stats, teamwork for all players and lower pace/accel and shooting power. It feels perfect now.

Thanks again this is now my go to game. 👍

First of all huge thanks for this thread :APPLAUD: I totally missed 2008 because of the negativity around the NG versions, I knew the PS2 versions remained similar having tried 2009&14 but they felt different to the classic Pes4 through to Pes6 all which have their merits and minuses Pes 2008 however feels like a great balance of all these games with the game being harder and slower than pes6, refs not as fussy as pes5 with great defending and the shooting is way better and all with more recent rosters (late 07- early 10 best EPL era for me).

I made a few tweaks with an editor to improve keeper stats, teamwork for all players and lower pace/accel and shooting power. It feels perfect now.

Thanks again this is now my go to game. 👍

I am pleased you like it, it really is a lost gem :)

I know that it is not the era you prefer (07-10) but feel free to try out my option file / ISO file in my signature. It is for this season and it has similar tweaks to what you mentioned to make the game play better. :)

5 is still superior in terms of ball physics and also having the Bundesliga players even if the teams are not licenced.

I've made available an OF for the original season. Just check my signature. Later I'll add Bundesliga too.

@geeeeee , I saw that you once posted a list with the link between player id and their reputation tank.

If I carefully edit the other teams C players so that I use the rank A for the best ones, ... would it mitigate the 5000 points salary issues ?

I tried with kit model 11 and it has worked perfectly fine as you can see on the attached screens.
Editing work takes much time and is slow because I try to do all very detailed and there are many teams and players to edit.
1982 World Cup has 13 of 24 teams for now ready with kits and player appearances edited, all done with the in game editor

Attachments

• PCSX2 Screenshot  Belgium 1982.png
    PCSX2 Screenshot Belgium 1982.png
    1 MB · Views: 33
  • PCSX2 Screenshot Algeria 1982.png
    PCSX2 Screenshot Algeria 1982.png
    1 MB · Views: 33
  • PCSX2 Screenshot Italy 1982.png
    PCSX2 Screenshot Italy 1982.png
    1 MB · Views: 34
Has anybody else noticed the players glitching like in the vid below (#13 Arg closest at the corner) while using pcsx2(nightlies) this happens on quite a few pes games and it's regardless of renderer, region or 50&60hz modes

Has anybody else noticed the players glitching like in the vid below (#13 Arg closest at the corner) while using pcsx2(nightlies) this happens on quite a few pes games and it's regardless of renderer, region or 50&60hz modes

Yep, noticed it a few months back. Happens a lot with the GK’s as well. I reported it as a bug on the PCSX2 GitHub page but doubt it will be fixed anytime soon sadly.

5 is still superior in terms of ball physics and also having the Bundesliga players even if the teams are not licenced.

I've made available an OF for the original season. Just check my signature. Later I'll add Bundesliga too.

@geeeeee , I saw that you once posted a list with the link between player id and their reputation tank.

If I carefully edit the other teams C players so that I use the rank A for the best ones, ... would it mitigate the 5000 points salary issues ?

Added version 1.5 to the first post.
Will now work on v2 (create the players) but before that, I need to know something.

@geeeeee , I've found the pdf you shared about the ranking of the players (for each player ID). If I edit carefully each player (ex : use the high ranked players only for good players), will I get rid of the salary issues ? See my query here.

Apologies as I forgot about your post over the weekend.

Are you referring to these teams?

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 21.47.09.png

If so, I would suggest that you do a copy of your option file and edit one of the teams and test it in a ML.

Sorry I can't answer you any better but I don't use them because of price issues that I was finding. In fact it was soo long ago when I first started editing that I can't remember the actual problem that it was causing but it must have caused some problem because otherwise I would use them. :)

Back
Top Bottom