PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

Madmac79

Champions League
11 September 2006
I have never played or even heard of it. Is it on PS2 or only PC? Please tell me more.

I'm sure there is a Winning Eleven 2008 pc version too, but unfortunately it's based on the nefarious pc counterpart so it's no use. The version I'm talking about is Ps2 only, I've played it on Pcsx2 indeed. There are included more or less the whole european leagues/teams of Pes 2008, but it is mainly based on the J-League so it has the first and second japanese division and something ridiculous like a total of 60 stadiums (usual ones + Japan I guess). Unfortunately there aren't national teams (unless they are buried somewhere I couldn't find).

Seems practically like the japanese version of Pes 2008 to me, except that as I told you above their top level doesn't seem on par with the european one. I see (at least from the bunch of games I did) weaker goalkeepers and defenses, even if the cpu attack is still formidable. Hopefully the other level would put all things right :) ?

I would be really interested in exploring it more, but all the menus in japanese (even the players name!) are quite a barrier :( .

elaf

League 2
1 May 2011
Uruguay
Ajax
I'm still trying to find which file contains the 10, and 11th freekick animations , and the celebration animations (for example bebeto's baby) and replace in the pes6 or pes5, and test if works fine

Heisenberg

Non-League
18 November 2012
Madrid, Spain
Real Madrid
Remember that I have advanced the next Classic Laziale 2.0, with many improvements over the previous version. I'll post it when it's done.
Talking about the stats of the classic laziale, something that has been discussed here, most are taken from pesmitidelcalcio.com,
most are taken from, it´s true that many are very high, specially the 40´s, 50´s, 60´s players, they have a disproportionate level of speed,
otherwise they have to be high since they are supposed to be legends stats at their best level.

the_dude

Non-League
24 March 2020
does anyone have the Ps2 version of the game (on Pc)? i cannot find it anywhere. i have the pcsx2 emulator but i cannot download option files with that.

geeeeee

International
2 May 2010
London
Tottenham
does anyone have the Ps2 version of the game (on Pc)? i cannot find it anywhere. i have the pcsx2 emulator but i cannot download option files with that.
I am not sure if i’m honest but i think @mattmid may know :)

PES 2008 on PS2 is the best PES game for PS2! It's improves the version of PES6.

I love reading posts like this. I think that makes about 5 of us that like the game :LOL:

the_dude

Non-League
24 March 2020
thank you. i used mymc to open the PCSX2 memcard then imported an option files in MAX format from gamefaqs. the file seems ok.

does anyone have an option file from the 2007 season after the fall transfer window with the bundesliga?

༺Ƥeຮ༻

League 2
13 July 2020
I've never played PES 2008 or other PES games from that era (I hadn't made the conversion yet as I was playing FIFA lol), but I'll probably start with this one if I can find it! Cheers! :TU:
Let's be clean ! PES 2008 on PC/Xbox 360/PS3 is one of the worst PES game ever! We talk about PES 2008 on PS2 ;) They are different games.

geeeeee

International
2 May 2010
London
Tottenham
Let's be clean ! PES 2008 on PC/Xbox 360/PS3 is one of the worst PES game ever! We talk about PES 2008 on PS2 ;) They are different games.
That's right. It's a such a shame that those versions have really stopped people giving the PS2 version a try. PES 5 and 6 are ok but PES2008 PS2 is far better in my opinion. It's just because of all the patches etc...that are available for those games which makes them more appealing.

I really wish there was a way to patch PES2008 in the same way.

I actually gave PES2014 PS2 a go today. Although it played ok, I just find it more arcadey compared to 2008. I was checking out the edit mode and it was really good to see 6 shades of skin colour rather than the usual 4. And seeing licensed faces for Bale etc... I wish I could use those faces in 2008 :(

༺Ƥeຮ༻

League 2
13 July 2020
That's right. It's a such a shame that those versions have really stopped people giving the PS2 version a try. PES 5 and 6 are ok but PES2008 PS2 is far better in my opinion. It's just because of all the patches etc...that are available for those games which makes them more appealing.

I really wish there was a way to patch PES2008 in the same way.

I actually gave PES2014 PS2 a go today. Although it played ok, I just find it more arcadey compared to 2008. I was checking out the edit mode and it was really good to see 6 shades of skin colour rather than the usual 4. And seeing licensed faces for Bale etc... I wish I could use those faces in 2008 :(
Yes , i have complete Disk Copy of PES 2014 for PS2 (PES 2008 too), the game is... really bad... like you say arcade fest. The running and dribbling animations are awful, the control and tricks mechanic is complete different, more like PES on Wii i think.
If there is any value, it will be a pure collector's game, since it is the last release game for PS2, ever !

Link Update

Last edited:
Top Bottom