PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

So I've finally tried this with the impressive Gee's 2022/23 OF. Still to get more playing time, but already have to say it plays interestingly. I'd have a couple of questions, due to my very little experience with emulators:

• How to set a proper aspect ratio? On 4:3 screen it looks as it should, but on widescreen I get a distorted picture.
  • Probably a distant shot, but is there a way to zoom-out camera slightly?
To set the game to 16:9 you need the widescreen hacks availabe and the original Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Europe) (En,Es) SLES_549.13. Then first you load the original game. Wait till the message [2 widescreen hacks] appears. Then close the window of the game and load Gee's iso. It will run in 16:9 format. Hope it helps.

And here's a third J League team done : Kyoto Sanga F.C.
Now the 3 J1 League teams I wanted to add have been created (the ones promoted in J1 league after the 2007 season).
Next step : create the 15 J2 League.

Again, here're some screenshots and my OF (only French/German unlocked version, will do an English/Spanish one once it'll be completed).

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230503154830.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230503154843.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230503154911.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230503154959.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230503155017.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230503155124.png

Download link --> here

Attachments

• BESLES-55021P2K8OPT.zip
    643.8 KB · Views: 9
Now that the 3 J1 League teams are done, time to start with the core of my project, the J2 League teams.
Here's the first one done : Vegalta Sendai.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230506125835.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230506125845.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230506125906.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230506125938.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230506125958.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008_SLES-55021_20230506130011.png

And the OF is attached for those who want to try it out (for now, only for French/German version, once finished, I'll convert it to the English/Spanish release). --> download link

Attachments

• BESLES-55021P2K8OPT.zip
    646.6 KB · Views: 4
If somebody wants to give it a try, here is a first version of my PES 2008 option file with classic national teams.
For now I have finished all 24 teams of World Cup 1982. All teams have their flags, kits and player appearances edited one by one. I used stats formula by Geeeee (reduced speed stats) for this one:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/grs3...3_PES2008_OPTION_FILE_%28123DDAA4%29.psu/file

All the other teams still need a lot of editing (most kits and faces/hairstyles) but they already have their stats and tactics edited. The final version will include every World Cup and Euro between 1982 and 2000 and a couple of bonus national teams.

If somebody wants to give it a try, here is a first version of my PES 2008 option file with classic national teams.
For now I have finished all 24 teams of World Cup 1982. All teams have their flags, kits and player appearances edited one by one. I used stats formula by Geeeee (reduced speed stats) for this one:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/grs36uu4wvq8w5j/SLES-54913_PES2008_OPTION_FILE_%28123DDAA4%29.psu/file

All the other teams still need a lot of editing (most kits and faces/hairstyles) but they already have their stats and tactics edited. The final version will include every World Cup and Euro between 1982 and 2000 and a couple of bonus national teams.

This is great well done!

Unfortunately I will be away for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to give it a go until I get back. But I look forward to it.

Thanks. :)

Firstly, thanks to everyone for their reccomendations & option files. This forum rocks.

I just wanted to add another tip that some players may not have tried yet..
If you go to controller settings there is an option for long pass method. Type 2 makes your long passes manual & gives you way more freedom.
The switching of play I was talking about earlier is much better, especially with R2+long pass. It makes the pass higher, so it isn't easily intercepted.
It's also great for a cheeky little dink over the opposition frontline if you are getting pressed & can't find your midfielders.

Anyway hope it might help someone, Joga Bonito!

probably you already know the thread, but you should totally check or recheck the @Chenghis.Khan thread https://evoweb.uk/threads/team-tactics-for-we9-le.73798/ it has too many good info regarding formations and strategies you can give it a try to some on your team and see how it works

Thanks for the reminder @marqisspes6 you may be interested to know that one of my threads may have inspired @Chenghis.Khan to make that thread.

See here:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/what-stat...o-improve-ai-in-pes5-we9le.73718/post-2953129

:D

You've got me thinking now, maybe i should start a new one again on max and just persevere. The joy of scoring and winning on max is more fulfilling than on the lower levels.
Anything below regular is a joke, but even regular I find a good challenge in these games. (it could be that I'm just not that good also...lol) I do think playing on the vertical long camera angle hinders how effective I can be, because I can't see as much of the field at once and have to use the radar a lot more. I also think so many years of playing hockey and soccer games going up and down broke my brain and I can't play going side to side anymore....just doesn't feel right. Maybe I just need to stick with it though.

I do remember people saying the highest was actually easier because they attack harder, this leaving themselfs more open and venerable to counter attacks...idk. :))

Max difficulty for ML difficulty and normal transfert rate (I always used this setting even before I knew max would lead to 5000 players).

Note that even on normal transfert frequency, if you use a created from Other League C, it may also have 5000 players. This does not change.

I have been a bit busy the last few weeks so I have only just got to finish my first season since starting another ML on ‘normal transfer” frequency.

Unfortunately I still got a 5000 player appear in my second season and there are 1 salary players too.

What is worse is that I am not getting any offers now because it is on ‘normal’

So I have decided to start a new one on ‘high frequency’ transfers and I will just turn a blind eye to the ‘5000’ players :D

I have been a bit busy the last few weeks so I have only just got to finish my first season since starting another ML on ‘normal transfer” frequency.

Unfortunately I still got a 5000 player appear in my second season and there are 1 salary players too.

What is worse is that I am not getting any offers now because it is on ‘normal’

So I have decided to start a new one on ‘high frequency’ transfers and I will just turn a blind eye to the ‘5000’ players :D

On normal, I also never receive any offer.

I thought that the setting which impact this was Master League difficulty (not match difficulty).

When I'll complete all J. League teams, I might start a new ML save and try high frequency setting.

On normal, I also never receive any offer.

I thought that the setting which impact this was Master League difficulty (not match difficulty).

When I'll complete all J. League teams, I might start a new ML save and try high frequency setting.
Sorry, I am confused (does not take much to confuse me) what are you saying that you thought ML difficulty impacted?

Sorry, I am confused (does not take much to confuse me) what are you saying that you thought ML difficulty impacted?

When you start a ML, there's 2 difficulty settings :
1) Match difficulty
2) ML difficulty

The ML difficulty has an impact on how tough the COM is with regards to negociations. I thought it was due to this that I never received an offer for my ML defaults.

In PES 6, with frequency= normal and ML difficulty= highest, I received offers though.

When you start a ML, there's 2 difficulty settings :
1) Match difficulty
2) ML difficulty

The ML difficulty has an impact on how tough the COM is with regards to negociations. I thought it was due to this that I never received an offer for my ML defaults.

In PES 6, with frequency= normal and ML difficulty= highest, I received offers though.

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying it.

In my experience I have found that I receive more offers once the frequency is high regardless of the ML difficulty level...but now you have me thinking :LOL:

I really wish Konami were more clear on some of the options because I find myself playing one season to test the ML condition and then I have to start again when it is not to my liking. What makes it worse is that I write down the match results and goal scorers. :D

Back
Top Bottom