PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

Also I don´t really think FIFA 08 plays as real football. Same goals, same teams, a lot of stupid dribbles, wich you only use playing football in the street. Annoying camera angles, annoying :r2: runs (why they don´t let you choose :r1: to sprint with the player?)

It´s all about PES here to me. FIFA improved a lot, but stills a robotic game.

Really, you haven't played Fifa 08. And if you have, I doubt you have understood how it works. No offense, simply my thoughts. And I don't understand what do you mean by "same teams", really, it sound a little ridiculous how can you state "same teams" as a bad thing for Fifa.

Another thing I can't understand is why sprinting with R2 has to be worse than R1. Once you're used to it there's no problem. Besides, sprinting in this game is not the key, the key is knowing when not to sprint.

My advise is you let Fifa some more rounds against a friend (against cpu it can be fustrating at times at the beggining). I really was annoyed with the awful pes 2008. It's years pes was going the wrong direction for me, last one to blow me away was pes 3. So, I'm really glad Fifa has turned so so good. And it was just at the right time for me, because pes 2008 is simply unplayable from a simulation point of view. Tactically is the worst mess I've seen in a football game, simply horrible.

That's not even close to being true, the goals I score in Fifa are as varied as the goals you see in a weekend's Premier League or any other league, I score long range goals, headers from crosses, tap ins from crosses, volleys, tap ins from deflected shots, tap in s from GK saves, deflections from long range shots etc. etc. etc. I don't use tricks at all either, just dribble using direction movements :)

Totally agree mate !
In FIFA, also the actions and plays are soooo varied !!
I don't know all the skills yet but I've learnt some of them that are very realistic. I use them once or twice per game with some good skilled players (J.Cole, Nasri, Camoranesi....) .
And about saying that we can't comeback to PES because of the new gameplay of FIFA....emmanuel you're wrong or you're a child.
Football fans are looking for a Football simulation game and if PES2009 is better than FIFA09 then PES will be my choice.
But sincerly, FIFA has taken a good way this year and PES a Virtua Striker Boosted on STeroids way....I hope Seabass will move his ass and change his ideas.

PES you score samey goals (has anyone noticed how most shots are low driven shots now and that the Goalies have tonnes of problems trying to save them!!?? fookin retards!) FIFA does indeed have very different goals. The trouble is at times on FIFA I go "Meh that felt as if the CPU wanted me to score that" and other times im like "What the fuck? how did that miss from 12 yards out!!??"

Both in MY opinion are as shit as the other. This is the first version of PES that i have not invested in and as for FIFA i have played it frequently and still never EVER have the urge to invest in it. Perhaps Next gen has destroyed both series

Fifa has inherent problems with player physics and ball movement...this hasnt changed since fifa 98...its like a rail system of players unnaturally moving there isnt any weight...and before anyone whines Ive played fifa08 on teh 360 still crap...

Fifa has inherent problems with player physics and ball movement...this hasnt changed since fifa 98...its like a rail system of players unnaturally moving there isnt any weight...and before anyone whines Ive played fifa08 on teh 360 still crap...

Nonsense. Your just a bitter PES fanboy. I'm sorry to say but PES as we know it, is dead! The formula is tired. Seabass needs to perform a total revamp ala FIFA. But the question is, do Konami have the resources and ability to do it? I'm not convinced.

the problem is... learning how to play a new game (FIFA 08) is not that good. I bet that all those new fifa players (whose were pes fanboys) will hate PES 2009 aswell because you are now used to a new gameplay (fifa 08). I prefer to play PES 2008 and wait for a better pes 2009.

Also I don´t really think FIFA 08 plays as real football. Same goals, same teams, a lot of stupid dribbles, wich you only use playing football in the street. Annoying camera angles, annoying :r2: runs (why they don´t let you choose :r1: to sprint with the player?)

It´s all about PES here to me. FIFA improved a lot, but stills a robotic game.

fifa is the closest you get to real football to date, there are so many different things you can do

record a match in high quality, and then watch it back, it looks and plays like real football

Nonsense. Your just a bitter PES fanboy. I'm sorry to say but PES as we know it, is dead! The formula is tired. Seabass needs to perform a total revamp ala FIFA. But the question is, do Konami have the resources and ability to do it? I'm not convinced.

currently pes is playing as a oldgen series, as you have said a total revamp is needed. Personally they will have to get the graphics up to scratch, but then this may not give them enough time to produce a new game engine to match

pes could be dead as we know it, for me anyway

Last edited:
:nono: If you took off your PES tinted glasses, you would see how good FIFA08 actually is.

It's shit because EA made it, if it were the exact same game and it said "Konami" on the box they'd all be creaming themselves about what a fantastic simulation of football it was ;)

It's shit because EA made it, if it were the exact same game and it said "Konami" on the box they'd all be creaming themselves about what a fantastic simulation of football it was ;)

So I should like it just because players position themselves and theer is a imaginative "build up" in the middle line? What about the tennis like ball trajectories? Same as FIFA2000? What about the unnatural player wight and poses? What about the general rail guided/by/hand system?
Do you know why PES veterans dont like PES2008 whats their problem? They say it plays too much like...FIFA!!! So crap=FIFA so if PES2008 is similar to FIFA it stinks...
Lots of people tell me that KONAMI copied all the crap from FIFA (like the players running animation)...

So I should like it just because players position themselves and theer is a imaginative "build up" in the middle line? What about the tennis like ball trajectories? Same as FIFA2000? What about the unnatural player wight and poses? What about the general rail guided/by/hand system?
Do you know why PES veterans dont like PES2008 whats their problem? They say it plays too much like...FIFA!!! So crap=FIFA so if PES2008 is similar to FIFA it stinks...
Lots of people tell me that KONAMI copied all the crap from FIFA (like the players running animation)...

play the game without your pes glasses ffs

will take you some time to actually adapt to playing proper football, pes feels so 1 dimensional once you go back after playing fifa 08

some people just like to be able to run, quick pass and score goals, well i am sure pes will cater that for you

if you want a proper football game, that you can play build up play, add some special touches to create space or beat a man and finish off with a stylish goal then keep playing fifa 08

you will learn to accept it and enjoy it

if not, then don't even bother trying to justify it to other people who can actually see past there nut hugging and can appreciate the game for what it really is..

good night

play the game without your pes glasses ffs

will take you some time to actually adapt to playing proper football, pes feels so 1 dimensional once you go back after playing fifa 08

some people just like to be able to run, quick pass and score goals, well i am sure pes will cater that for you

if you want a proper football game, that you can play build up play, add some special touches to create space or beat a man and finish off with a stylish goal then keep playing fifa 08

you will learn to accept it and enjoy it

if not, then don't even bother trying to justify it to other people who can actually see past there nut hugging and can appreciate the game for what it really is..

good night

I dont give a shit what other people think or if they breathe or not they could die and still wouldnt give a shit...I only care about my relatives-friends....
As for the glasses I would suggest you follow your own advice for once it wont harm you...

I dont give a shit what other people think or if they breathe or not they could die and still wouldnt give a shit...I only care about my relatives-friends....
As for the glasses I would suggest you follow your own advice for once it wont harm you...

WTF. Tough words, tough guy. :lmao::lmao::lmao::applause::applause::applause:

:lol: Getting rather defensive there mate, almost like you are trying to deflect the issues ;)

Its funny how most of the mods on this site have actually seen how good FIFA is and switched over to it, while the die hard pes fanboys won't even open their eyes! :lol:

his post is so ironic

this is the first year i have played fifa since fifa 97

i used to be a pes player.. hahaha

sod you and konami

Oh dear it seems you are indeed a cock and balls merchant.

Looks like we have upset"the family" watch it Tim you may wake up with HDD without the 360 in your bed..(i don't care if you breathe)Rodney plonker springs to mind.I have now done a Trigger and christened this guy Dave!:D:roll:

:lol: Getting rather defensive there mate, almost like you are trying to deflect the issues ;)

Its funny how most of the mods on this site have actually seen how good FIFA is and switched over to it, while the die hard pes fanboys won't even open their eyes! :lol:

So just because some people find FIFA better this automatically means that all of us should do the same?
I dont care if FIFA is slightly or hugely "better" it still makes me vomit the whole ball trajecory/player pose animations/and general playstyle is faaar behind PES....KONAMI has a long way down to meet FIFA...
Lastly I play WE9LE on PC and there I am...try to convince me that FIFA is better than that...

Fifa next gen > PES "next gen", end of.

next gen is a marketing slogan made for 10 year olds (actually and mentally) with IQ 20...same as "HD" (which we had on PC for decades..)...
Its so funny seeing how most of "next-gen" crap cannot even slightly compare to games made 5-10 years ago...

next gen is a marketing slogan made for 10 year olds (actually and mentally) with IQ 20...same as "HD" (which we had on PC for decades..)...
Its so funny seeing how most of "next-gen" crap cannot even slightly compare to games made 5-10 years ago...

You really are a pathetically argumentative little twat aren't you?

Ok then deary, Fifa08 on 360/PS3 > PES2008 on PS3/360, happy now? Tool.

So just because some people find FIFA better this automatically means that all of us should do the same?
I dont care if FIFA is slightly or hugely "better" it still makes me vomit the whole ball trajecory/player pose animations/and general playstyle is faaar behind PES....KONAMI has a long way down to meet FIFA...
Lastly I play WE9LE on PC and there I am...try to convince me that FIFA is better than that...
FIFA08 is a more realistic simulation of football, and PES is still very arcadey and fast paced with lots of action. So if you prefer the arcadey PES, that's fine, I don't have a problem with that, each to his own. But if you are trying to say that PES is a more realistic simulation of football, then you are talking out of your arse :)

You really are a pathetically argumentative little twat aren't you?

Ok then deary, Fifa08 on 360/PS3 > PES2008 on PS3/360, happy now? Tool.

Oh so funny seeing an angry dork!!! :lol::lol:
Let me clear this up to you:
PES2008 is crap ok? Happy? Nice
Now FIFA 08 is crap too...so if either are shit does it make any sense compare two piles?

Hellenes,why don't you grow up? This little fifa is crap thing is just boring,you are boring.You are playing WE9LE because you have not invested in a PS3/360,WE10 is better than WE9LE.This can go on and on,but we are bored of your shite so be a good lad and santa will bring you up to speed next chrismas. or don't you care if that lives or dies?:roll:

Back
Top Bottom