PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

Ref is much more lenient to the human player so less AI bias, AI is less deadly with freekicks (in the 6-8 matches I've played I haven't conceded one freekick goal).......

After playing both FIFA 08 and PES 2008 a lot on the Xbox 360, FIFA 08 comes away the better game by a mile to me. I can't beleive some of the crap that the infamous Evo-Web contacts came out with in the locked next-gen WE/PES Discussions thread! The lack of features in PES is just astonishing. Cartoon graphics which look more suited to the Original Xbox, not the 360.

FIFA is the new king! :)

I told him it would be cool to create a proper FIFA site when he was... hmmm... fired, I don't think he ever said something back. :cry:

Id like to be one major contributors :) if JB is alright with that?

Sorry mate but there is no way you could run a gaming blog because you have a love/hate thing going for every game. A forum would be ok for you though but i can see you losing interest

Thats why JB left if im not mistaken not love/hate but because he couldn't express the bad side of things

if your sponsored by the game they wont let you talk it down no matter how bad it is

FIFA 08 is better than PES 2008 on 360 and PS3, and now it's official...

www.gamerankings.com

FIFA 08 - 82.5%
PES 2008 - 77.8%

PS3
FIFA 08 - 82.9%
PES 2008 - 72.0%

This is the first time EVER that PES has scored lower than a FIFA game.

The overall rankings on www.gamerankings.com are a result of review scores from every big games magazine and website from Europe and USA.

Last edited:
If it wasnt for them shit reviews at first Fifa would be higher than that

But its good to see that the reviewers aint standing for the crock of shit Konami have just bought out

Sorry mate but there is no way you could run a gaming blog because you have a love/hate thing going for every game. A forum would be ok for you though but i can see you losing interest

Thats why JB left if im not mistaken not love/hate but because he couldn't express the bad side of things

if your sponsored by the game they wont let you talk it down no matter how bad it is
Wouldnt run a blog mate, id run a site/forum a bit like this one ;)

That's not the reason Jack left, he didn't leave from his own choosing, the guys who run the PES blog got rid of him because he upset the PC mag who made those PES edit mode kits, apparently keeping them happy was more important than keeping their integrity.

Yes.

When it happened Jack asked me not to say anything but I think everyone deserves to know how shoddily he was treated, the decline of the Fifa blog since his departure says it all really (no offense intended to JayD).

I don't really want to talk about it because the guy who runs FIFA Soccer Blog is a great guy. I'd hate to stand in the way of any of his future ventures because he really is a nice bloke, and an intelligent bloke, who will go far.

But it was something I said on this forum about the crappiness of PES2008 (and the way that some sites were trying to gloss over this crappiness) that got me chucked out in the end. My own stupid fault but, honestly, I said from the start that I was only interested in joining if I could say whatever I wanted to say. I was told I could, only to find out that I couldn't talk about an unrelated game on an unrelated website - so I'm glad it happened sooner rather than later.

JayD is doing a lot behind the scenes with the blog and he's still in touch with the EA SPORTS guys, so I wish him the best of luck with it. There's nobody on this forum who could do the job better than him.

JayD is doing a lot behind the scenes with the blog and he's still in touch with the EA SPORTS guys, so I wish him the best of luck with it. There's nobody on this forum who could do the job better than him.

I'll believe it when I see a post containing the update log from EA so we can finally confirm what was or wasn't fixed/tweaked in the recent update.

Until then the blog is little more than an EA Fifa Street advert as far as I'm concerned :)

By the way the WENB blog changed attitude completely, what happened??? Someone got fired there too??? Now it is pragmatic and critical after months on nonsensical ravings.

Back
Top Bottom