PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

I think that fifa 08 the more you play it the better it gets.The tackles can be improved,but the injuries,slight knocks that stuff is good.I recall in fifa 06 they had the Madden thing that when a player went down injured in did that x-ray and showed the injury,then they took it out..just like the weather cons,be truthful it would be great to play on a ground in eastern europe with snow and mud on the ground,these little things could make it perfect..also you can't really challenge the keepers..WE/PES well they took alot out,one year it's good,then it's great,then it's piss poor.We really don't know what's up with konami,but my world is a better place with both these games,through them i have patched some epics and i have come into good contact with alot of imo good people on this forum and playing live.:thumbup:

I've played all FIFA's since FIFA 96, with FIFA 08 on the PC, PS3, PSP and Wii (which I sold as it was poor!), and the key for me is realism. FIFA 08 is by far the best for this off-the-shelf, the management mode makes the FIFA games for me, along with online of course.

Whilst 08 is the best FIFA so far it still has the one thing that's always bugged me about all FIFA games ...it just feels like its on rails. The passing, turning, control of the players, whilst improved again, still feels sightly robotic and limited as opposed to the PES engine, which makes for a much more fluid and realistic game of football, giving you the feeling that you have total control of your team.

The only drawback with PES is the realism: plastic faces, generic strips and dodgy commentary have always stopped me from purchasing the console version, I'm just not interested...but a modded PC version just rips FIFA apart every time, and PES2008 is no exception. People sl*gged off PES6 as well only 12 months ago...now its excellent, what's the bet in another 12 months (or longer it may seem) that the next NG PES will get a poor reception with PES08 being the favourite.

It's swings and roundabouts...that's all, play the one you prefer - then mod it!

:lol:

hmmm...i havnt played Fifa 08 on the PS3/360 but can seriously say Pes2008 isnt up to scratch, the fact you can run the whole pitch with one player makes it a arcade, the fact that every player can do it makes it worse but the like of Ronaldo, Messi etc are godlike makes it boring also , i initially remember getting pro evo in the first place cause fifa scored the same goals over and over again, in pes2008 you score the same goal everytime , a shot the keeper will parry and you will tap it in 90% of the time, its a very arcadey game no matter how many people say its more this an that, im after the simulation and ive heard no matter how people have seen fifa 08 they all say it is a simulation which makes it the better game this year, but PES09 could be something special you never now with Konami :)

There is no comparison for me. Next-Gen FIFA 08 is a superb football experience. Next-Gen PES 2008 is a shambles of a game; full of bugs, too fast, slow-down, awful music, cartoon graphics, lack of teams, lack of stadia, same old Master League structure - I could go on forever. FIFA has come on in leaps and bounds and EA deserve some credit at last.

what is to compare ? pes 2008 is shite anyways, i wouldn't call it a competiton , more like being emberassed as a we/pro-evo fan to even enter any competition with this crap!

why make a thread of this? pes loses hands down. fifa simply blows away pes and thats comming from a pes fanboy. well not a fanboy anymore

I've played all FIFA's since FIFA 96, with FIFA 08 on the PC, PS3, PSP and Wii (which I sold as it was poor!), and the key for me is realism. FIFA 08 is by far the best for this off-the-shelf, the management mode makes the FIFA games for me, along with online of course.

Whilst 08 is the best FIFA so far it still has the one thing that's always bugged me about all FIFA games ...it just feels like its on rails. The passing, turning, control of the players, whilst improved again, still feels sightly robotic and limited as opposed to the PES engine, which makes for a much more fluid and realistic game of football, giving you the feeling that you have total control of your team.

The only drawback with PES is the realism: plastic faces, generic strips and dodgy commentary have always stopped me from purchasing the console version, I'm just not interested...but a modded PC version just rips FIFA apart every time, and PES2008 is no exception. People sl*gged off PES6 as well only 12 months ago...now its excellent, what's the bet in another 12 months (or longer it may seem) that the next NG PES will get a poor reception with PES08 being the favourite.

It's swings and roundabouts...that's all, play the one you prefer - then mod it!

:lol:

even a modded pes 08 is fooking awful. untill they come with a mod that alllows us to play online with no lag, yes NO lag the fuck konami.

What did happen to Junka and co anyway? They went on about "wait for the finished version" so we did and it's crap.

I love how they now say that the game is only crap if you play at low settings becuase they say the AI/physics/gameplay is affected by GRAPHIC settings... and of course the game is the best football game ever if you play high settings, no bugs, I promise and the gameplay is realistic!

Any excuse to protect a game they love.... no bad word can be said about PES which I think is ridiculous! The amount of times we all said "its same shit different year" to them and we got told "fuck off fifaggots!"

They should all be banned :)

Mate seriously dont play it :) its fookin awful no matter what Platform you play it on! Full on Arcade fest, with the usual CPU Bullshit still present in the form of TeamVision....

Hmmm Fifa is the better game this year but its the only Fifa that has been better than Pro, like PES4,5 where miles better than the Fifa versions of the time, but as i said THIS year Fifa is better Pro could be back next who knows or EA may fuck there game up

I like the way Placebo is thinking...
I was a serious PES fanboy and I became one since I first played ISS on Super NES...I was playing FIFA because they had their own styles.
In 1998, PES made a big step in term of simulation, I didn't buy any FIFA since FIFA WC 98 but always tried the demos !!
8 years later (and 12 FIFA later), it becomes a reflex : "FIFA is sooooo far now, and PES still the best..." but 2007 comes and THIS year EA undersood something...you can make a big step with the new consoles !!
Yesterday I saw my friend playing PES2008 online and I told him : "Why do you play an arcadish game with all this lag?"
he answered (and finally admitted) : "I prefer PES because it's faster than FIFA and more fun because it's an arcade game"
Then I told him : "I understand because you're not a real football fan, but why Jose (another friend who is a real football fan) is still playing this crap game"
He answered : "Because he's strong in PES and doesn't want to learn playing a new game"

Now I know what fanboy means...I thought I was one but the first month when I've learnt playing FIFA08, then when PES2008 came out I didn't buy it...but my friends did.

I hope Seabass will give us a real fight next year because I'm waiting for the year when I'll buy both games and enjoy them like 10 years ago !!

Mate I am a ISS/PES veteran... you dont need to tell me that!

Thats good to see :) my point is i can see this Fifa is better but then i dont know wether you might have prefered older Fifa's than Pro aswell which for me is totally wrong so i wanted to see if you look for the same thing in a footie game as i do

the problem is... learning how to play a new game (FIFA 08) is not that good. I bet that all those new fifa players (whose were pes fanboys) will hate PES 2009 aswell because you are now used to a new gameplay (fifa 08). I prefer to play PES 2008 and wait for a better pes 2009.

Also I don´t really think FIFA 08 plays as real football. Same goals, same teams, a lot of stupid dribbles, wich you only use playing football in the street. Annoying camera angles, annoying :r2: runs (why they don´t let you choose :r1: to sprint with the player?)

It´s all about PES here to me. FIFA improved a lot, but stills a robotic game.

the problem is... learning how to play a new game (FIFA 08) is not that good. I bet that all those new fifa players (whose were pes fanboys) will hate PES 2009 aswell because you are now used to a new gameplay (fifa 08). I prefer to play PES 2008 and wait for a better pes 2009.

Also I don´t really think FIFA 08 plays as real football. Same goals, same teams, a lot of stupid dribbles, wich you only use playing football in the street. Annoying camera angles, annoying :r2: runs (why they don´t let you choose :r1: to sprint with the player?)

It´s all about PES here to me. FIFA improved a lot, but stills a robotic game.

sounds like you have played it alot, honestly i think this statement for me is more true of current PES then ever before

"Same goals, same teams," in pes you try and build up play the same exact way, over and over and over. You know what doesnt work, cause you have played the game so much, you know what does work, this hasnt changend in like two versions, so there is nothing new to learn, so its really odd you say this about fifa, learning a new game is half the fun, especially when the reward is there. How you can say fifa has the same goals is strange to me

Last edited:
Thats good to see :) my point is i can see this Fifa is better but then i dont know wether you might have prefered older Fifa's than Pro aswell which for me is totally wrong so i wanted to see if you look for the same thing in a footie game as i do

i havent played fifa since RTWC98, fifa 08 is great

Why would we be on Evo-web if we didn't like PES (before)? ;)
I belive most of us here prefered PES before FIFA 07 or 08. That's why we are on a PES-site instead of a FIFA one.

Also I don´t really think FIFA 08 plays as real football. Same goals, same teams, a lot of stupid dribbles, wich you only use playing football in the street. Annoying camera angles, annoying

That's not even close to being true, the goals I score in Fifa are as varied as the goals you see in a weekend's Premier League or any other league, I score long range goals, headers from crosses, tap ins from crosses, volleys, tap ins from deflected shots, tap in s from GK saves, deflections from long range shots etc. etc. etc. I don't use tricks at all either, just dribble using direction movements :)

Back
Top Bottom