PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

better to have a bad demo and a good full release than vice versa

I've bought FIFA07 after playing the demo (which I liked)...

TO be honest although I love Fifa and hated the PES demo, I do feel that the PES2008 will be different. I think it will be a good game but PES was a good game - We need something better.

I'm not saying Fifa is the best, I will play both and then make my dicision. But Fifa is great, especially online!

PSM3 review sums up exactly what I think of FIFA 08

"The game is slow. Remarkably slow. EA might claim it's 'realistic', but the sluggish pace is jarring - after playing the new, 'more deliberate' Pro Evo 2008, FIFA 08 still feels like playing in treacle. Short, unnopposed, passes in midfield are reasonably fluid, but balls inexplicably go awry as you try to break into the last third, or as the opposition applies moderate pressure. The pace of the ball is really sluggish, so even top-class players like Fabregas struggle to direct simple one-touch passes to team-mates - you'd be quicker running towards the ball sometimes than waiting for it to arrive. Cross-field balls are more of a hoof than a Beckham-esque guided pass, seeing the sphere balloon skywards - giving the opposition plenty of time to wait for it to land and regain control of the match. The same can be said about crosses into the box - they simply float like bubbles towards the area."

(6.3/10)

Again 1 mans view on the game

if i reviewed it i would say it was a great game, but my view dosnt mean jack shit either

I put this in the wrong thread :)

8.5 from gamespot

It seems some people "get" the game and some people are expecting it to be like PES

as they said its a steep learning curve, i wonder how much time the reviewers with the bad scores played it? I bet they were thinking they could just pick it up and play like PES

and this sums up alot of people views on here

To its credit, though, EA's willingness to experiment is beginning to put Konami's stale refinements to shame, and FIFA is definitely a viable alternative for serious sim fans who are looking for an alternative to the Pro Evolution Soccer series.

Well when PSM3 give PES2008 anything above a 7 (which is what the game deserves at most and that's generous), they'll show their true colours......

I never buy official magazines (like Official Xbox magazine, Official PlayStation Magazine, Nintendo Magazine System etc) because they are blatantly bias towards certain games. They would never have the balls to give the Metal Gear Solid/PES/Halo/Mario franchises low scores. It is ludicrous.

They already said in the review PES 2008's alot better, so it's bound to get over a 7.

They have no need to be biased as both FIFA and PES are multiformat games.

News update!

WENBs very own Mr Adam was today at a trade show in Birmingham of all places and got to play a near final build of the game that we are all patiently waiting for, here are the main points that I managed to translate during the phone call we have just had

The game actually plays slower than the 360 demo that we have been playing for a few weeks
In saying that the 360 version plays a slightly quicker game than the PS3 version

(Yeah, that confused me as well. Lets move on though eh)

The PS3 version looks a bit more washed out but is still graphically sound
The 360 version looks crisper but with it a bit more cartoony. The colours seem a lot more vivid
Edit mode on the next gen has been drastically reduced as expected:
Only 9 sets of boots to choose from and kits styles are also limited to a set number of patterns
Adam was really impressed with how the game played on both consoles, there seemed a more realistic pace to it. He couldnt stop waffling on about how nice it felt to play and how superb everything was! I had to cut him off before the call turned into one I would have to pay £1.50 a minute for!

The version played by Ad is as close to the final version of the game available. Issues regarding gameplay and graphics could easily be resolved before release, whereas the content (teams, features etc) will be the same in the final version.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/news-update.html

Owned.

Owned? LOL. Yeah. He can say the game is great all he wants but people on here tell me the demo is great (with 300mph cross-field passes and beating "top-player" every game). I don't think it's great, and I doubt I'll think the final version is either. But we'll see.

That bit of the blog didnt even mention any differences to the demo so i cant see any ownage either

Who exactly is supposed to be owned by whom following that blog entry?

The people of which my comment hit a nerve with, of course. :)

Isn't that blog entry supposed to be good news? I'm not seeing any happy faces, it's just met with bitterness. Seems to me like some people don't want it to be better. Though, I do find the drama queens here to be quite entertaining, seems like they're going all out with the PES-complaining this year:

"i used to be all about pes but then I SWITCHED SIDES"

That's because that Adam guy is a fanboy of PES, he wouldn't talk trash about PES even if it turns more arcade than the old fifas. Kind of hard to take his word for it. And everyone here wants PES to be good, but it has failed to deliver in a couple of years now even if it has been miles ahead of fifa.

Some fifa fans are dropping like flies, I am actually getting annoyed frequently at some of the issues in fifa, although I will continue for the time being, gotta keep playing, as Ive had it since friday, I have time to sway again...

Also in my career got Pompey in my first cup round :P

Some fifa fans are dropping like flies, I am actually getting annoyed frequently at some of the issues in fifa, although I will continue for the time being, gotta keep playing, as Ive had it since friday, I have time to sway again...

Also in my career got Pompey in my first cup round :P

Im one of them Seraphs:( loved it at first and now I cant stand it.

The response issue has killed it for me.

I am not sure though if PES is going to be any better, sure its more responsive but IMO its less realistic.

In a game, Response is key, you want to be able to press the button an for it to happen, no delay, I mean you complain about lag, thats what it does, yet if EA say we added a delay for animations, then thats just like having lag offline, its AWFUL, well thats my opinion.

The response on fifa is so awful, I even think the whole control for the human in game is awful.

Isn't that blog entry supposed to be good news? I'm not seeing any happy faces, it's just met with bitterness. Seems to me like some people don't want it to be better. Though, I do find the drama queens here to be quite entertaining, seems like they're going all out with the PES-complaining this year:

"i used to be all about pes but then I SWITCHED SIDES"

Err why wouldn't any of us want it to be better? Of course we want it to be better, I want it to be better, I want the best football game possible, I want 60 leagues, extensive career mode, supreme simulation of football, if PES were to provide that for me I'd buy it in a heartbeat, comments such as "it's just met with bitterness" are simply ludicrous, you act as if you think we somehow want it to be shit, we somehow want Konami to fail, we somehow want EA to be the best and only football game developer, that's just nonsensical, what do any of us care which football game is the best? Which developer is the one developing the best football game? We're all here as football fans, we're all here as gamers, we're all here as fans of football games, we just want the best football game there is with the most depth, the best gameplay etc. etc.

The amount of personal animosity thrown around simply because one person likes one aspect of a game and not another is just a phenomenal waste of energy. If you love PES good for you, I truly hope it gives you nothing but 12 months of joy and happiness and that Konami respect such loyalty and give you the game such a fanbase deserves.

Owned? LOL. Yeah. He can say the game is great all he wants but people on here tell me the demo is great (with 300mph cross-field passes and beating "top-player" every game). I don't think it's great, and I doubt I'll think the final version is either. But we'll see.

Yeah. WE will see. You wont even buy the game. Too bad you miss out on the best football game there will be this year.

Yeah. WE will see. You wont even buy the game. Too bad you miss out on the best football game there will be this year.

How can PES fanboys say PES 2008 will be the best game this year? It's like before Halo 3 came out and everyone is saying it's game of the year. How do you know? Have you played the final version? That Adam guy's blog says the game has changed since the demo so really, you don't know the full game to say it's the best game. "Blind faith" is what that is called I believe.

The PES fanboys all seem to be immature children (OMG I PWNED U n00b!!11zzz), just ignore them guys.

All this "near final build" bollocks is annoying me. I am waiting for one person to get the full game earlier than everyone else. I can imagine the WE/PES 2008 discussions thread already: "Can u post pics of kaka face?". "Can u post pics of Henrys boots?" "Can u post pics of Ronaldo's shaven buttocks?" etc. Never "How does it play? Are animations sorted from the shambolic demo?" ;)

Well I always thought that theres only one final build and thats when the game is at the retail shops, or if you get it early, with the case he manual everything, anything before that isnt final?

Could be wrong though.

Plan M, your last comment, what makes that different to some of the posts when some got the Fifa 08 final and demo? ;) Unless thats what you want, to get some more info?

FIFA is unresponsive but a magnificent attempt at simulating real life,PES is brilliantly responsive but a pretty average attempt at simulating real life (according to the demo).

I do beleive things change from the demo's,99% of the time they are all +ve changes, we saw that from FIFA and I have no doubt we will se that from PES, the main issue being game speed.

I never understand in afooty game why they do not have a game speed slider, so for those that think its too fast slow it down and for others that think its too slow speed it up.Everybody is happy then.

My concerns with PES are game speed, another year of reduced edit mode, lack of career mode, lack of stadiums and overall polish.

I hope I am proved wrong when its released.

Back
Top Bottom