PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

It'd be a bit poinless in him making a run down the wing if you're facing away from him, he'd only end up running offside if he was expecting a throughball. If you were facing backwards then team mates will give you options to pass diagonally forwards, so in that way they do anticipate you to turn and play the ball forward, but not so much so that they'd go charging ahead for you. It depends what team you play as at the end of the day. I've spotted alot of uncontroled players in PES 2008 making full-burst sprints into space that I've not seen in any other football game.

I'm going to shut up arguing, I'm gonna let www.gamerankings.com do the arguing for me.

The site takes EVERY review from EVERY major review source (EuroGamer, GameSpot, IGN, EDGE, GameInformer, Official PS Mag, Official Xbox Mag, CVG, GamesMaster, PSM...)

FIFA 08 (next gen) is currently at 78%
FIFA 07 (next gen) ended at 74.5%
PES 2008 (next gen) is currently at (0 reviews)
PES6 (current gen) ended at 86.4%

That is still one mans opinion

what do they prove or disprove?

and as for giving Fifa 78 out of 100 they obviously are blinkered by PES

why cant reviewers stop comparing the 2 and give honest reviews on each

I'm going to shut up arguing, I'm gonna let www.gamerankings.com do the arguing for me.

The site takes EVERY review from EVERY major review source (EuroGamer, GameSpot, IGN, EDGE, GameInformer, Official PS Mag, Official Xbox Mag, CVG, GamesMaster, PSM...)

A sad post in my opinion.

There has been one Fifa review for crying out loud.

And who cares about review scores? If a reviewer prefers action-packed, fast-paced football, he will rate PES higher than Fifa.

Edit: Thought this post was in the Fifa thread. That makes it less sad ;) But still it's not a good way of 'proving' which game is better.

Last edited:
:applause:

exactly my thoughts.

Never feel safe in possesion?! Yes, thats why teams pass the ball.

Actually no, maybe I should explain that a little better.

If I'm right footed and have the ball on my right foot with a defender to my left, I should be able to hold them off sufficiently to be able to turn back and pass the ball. In FIFA I feel as if they can just barge through me to get to the ball, which isn't at all realistic. In PES if someone attempts to do that it will most likely end up with a foul in my favor because they will have to come through me to get to the ball.

Players do not always have to do a skill to take the ball round a player. As in PES it is possible to simply move the ball to the right or left of an incoming challenge and for it to actually go round them, whereas in FIFA, that close ball control is lost as there is no precision to it, and defenders seem to be able to tackle a ridiculously large area whenever they challenge for the ball.

Whilst I agree that lack of options when on the ball does happen in real life, the clunkyness, along the game's refusal to adhere to correct physics when in possession of the ball mean that if you can't pass, you've all but lost the ball. This is what makes it more frustrating than in a real game of football.

I wonder, is there anyone who thinks that FIFA is better than PES O N P C ??? If there is, then everything on this world can happen...

Actually each score on www.gamerankings.com is an average of 50+ reviews taken from the biggest gaming magazines and websites in the world.

Doesn't matter if someone likes FIFA or likes PES, but this'll shut up the dickheads coming into the PES/WE forum saying PES 2008 is wank.

Each review is done by 1 person thats what i meant

Actually no, maybe I should explain that a little better.

If I'm right footed and have the ball on my right foot with a defender to my left, I should be able to hold them off sufficiently to be able to turn back and pass the ball. In FIFA I feel as if they can just barge through me to get to the ball, which isn't at all realistic. In PES if someone attempts to do that it will most likely end up with a foul in my favor because they will have to come through me to get to the ball.

Players do not always have to do a skill to take the ball round a player. As in PES it is possible to simply move the ball to the right or left of an incoming challenge and for it to actually go round them, whereas in FIFA, that close ball control is lost as there is no precision to it, and defenders seem to be able to tackle a ridiculously large area whenever they challenge for the ball.

Whilst I agree that lack of options when on the ball does happen in real life, the clunkyness, along the game's refusal to adhere to correct physics when in possession of the ball mean that if you can't pass, you've all but lost the ball. This is what makes it more frustrating than in a real game of football.

But you do realise there are shoulder buttons that can help nullify your problem if you use them at the right time? Part of it is also down to the response times which are said to be twice as higher in the full game.

In PES I feel safe in posession because I can just ping the ball across the deck at 100mph with deadly accuracy. Up the field in 2 or 3 passes.

each one of these reviews is as good as one from any member here.

what's the different between their opinion and mine?

EGM reviews FIFA for 9, 9, and 8, and it ties with Metroid and Zelda for game of the month, lol, that will skew Gamerankings :/ Then again IGN did something dumb as shit and gave it 7.7 for next to no reason.

What a shit post!

pes6_adriano_01.jpg

Fifa 08 is an actual attempt at realism...

A piss poor attempt at that.

I might buy it next year if they actually let you move the ball receiver rather than having him stand glued to the spot until the ball reaches his feet. How many times I've had an opponant run from miles behind and nick the ball at the last second is rediculous.

I might buy it next year if they actually let you move the ball receiver rather than having him stand glued to the spot until the ball reaches his feet.
That has been my biggest complaint with PES for as long as I can remember. They've finally fixed that then?

A piss poor attempt at that.

I might buy it next year if they actually let you move the ball receiver rather than having him stand glued to the spot until the ball reaches his feet. How many times I've had an opponant run from miles behind and nick the ball at the last second is rediculous.

Nick you are the biggest fanboy i have ever heard in my life

you only post bad stuff about Fifa and only the good stuff about PES

whats up which you? We like fifa this year, we all loved pro before but they are doing what fifa used to do and just keeping updating the game which is getting left by the wayside compared to this years Fifa

and to say PES is more realistic the Fifa this year says it all. OK Fifa isnt perfect, far from it, but its as close to watching real football as you can get atm. If you think WE2008 is realstic then i suggest you get down to the Britannia stadium and see if Stoke pass the ball at 100mph and Run/turn like they are on a unicycle

Before i am accused of being a Fifa fanboy check my join date and feel free to check my previous post to see if i ever liked Fifa before this year

1. I've admitted to being a PES fanboy, I love PES2008, FIFA 08 bores me. Have I missed something?

2. I think passing in FIFA is probably just as good as in PES now. It's the dribbling, which is nothing but primordial at best (unless you LIKE having to hold down L2 and fiddle with the right stick, all whilst trying to move and play quick passing football).

3. I've been saying for the past 2 years FIFA has far better shooting than PES, this probably goes unnoticed because people on here lately only want to read the posts they can use against me.

Last edited:
In PES you can't control the man who's receiving a ground pass. That's a fact of life.

Just like you can't turn in 360 degrees.. among many other things.

KONAMI is still 30 years behind the 3rd world countries (no offense).

In PES you can't control the man who's receiving a ground pass. That's a fact of life.

Just like you can't turn in 360 degrees.. among many other things.

KONAMI is still 30 years behind the 3rd world countries (no offense).

Wait, isn't that what the SuperCancel's for anyway (R1+R2 if i remember correctly)? I've always managed to move my player before he gets intercepted.

Same goes with FIFA08 (a tremendous improvement over 07)

Back
Top Bottom