PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, it's very hard to change direction between pressing and releasing the pass button, so the change of direction is very minimal but does matter.
If I have time now, I'll make you a video just to prove it. Unfortunately, I'm working.:DD
Have you done some test? What tools did you use?

EDIT: I was able to find a footage that I saved yesterday.
If you can't change direction while you're pressing the shoot/pass, why is the arrow on L2 shot still moving?

You can, until you release the button..then power bar stops, arrow locks.
It's just "minimal" that we can't see it real time.
That "minimal" change of direction might the difference between hitting the post and scoring a goal.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif_5.gif

Tho the minimal levels of adjustments almost doesn't matter? Because the game corrects your inputs, according to snap zones.

I feel like this is a good visualization of snap zones:

At least when I play, I think of each player having a zone around them, and there's 8 quadrants in each snap zone that I can play the ball into. But of course, some quadrants the player is more reactive to the pass (matching his stride), but for other quadrants (ball played behind him, for example), he would ignore my pass, or have a little trouble finding it at least.

That's the extent of control I have. I can't really fine tune it much more, unless I play to free space (no player in that area = no snap zone). Or maybe if I use L2, tho I'm not sure, snap doesn't activate initially, but still activates AFTER the ball is sent.

Is it just me or people are so worry and so wanting to make faces like Messi, Umtiti, Mbappe, Pogba more perfect ?

Ffs, the faces of those players are already good enough. They should be more worry and putting more efforts to the generic faces.

Imo, the more the merrier. Worry less about faces thst are already there.

I've been guilty of this as well, although I would never place anything above gameplay improvements.
But the players have become more important than the game itself, sadly.
Football players are superstars. Football game (the sport) is now totally secondary.

Tho the minimal levels of adjustments almost doesn't matter? Because the game corrects your inputs, according to snap zones.

At least when I play, I think of each player having a zone around them, and there's 8 quadrants in each snap zone that I can play the ball into. But of course, some quadrants the player is more reactive to the pass (matching his stride), but for other quadrants (ball played behind him, for example), he would ignore my pass, or have a little trouble finding it at least.

That's the extent of control I have. I can't really fine tune it much more, unless I play to free space (no player in that area = no snap zone). Or maybe if I use L2, tho I'm not sure, snap doesn't activate initially, but still activates AFTER the ball is sent.
Remember you talking about snap zones before,is that why manual passing is "manual" and much better in Pes 12-13-14,and even 15?

I believe snap zones are more like these(white circle, picture below). It's much smaller than what you think because I can still pass in a space, that is a couple feet from a teammate.
I agree to your "reaction zone" but I don't consider that as a snap zone.
Snap zone for me, Is the zone where the pass can be received by a player without moving(moving left or right, or diagonally). If the receiver needs to move when receiving a pass(moves towards the left or right, or diagonally), it didn't snap.

Actually, I haven't done an in-depth test on manual passing on 19demo because there's no full game yet. So most of my thoughts are for PES18 but I didn't feel any significant difference between the 2 games, in terms of snap zones.

Correction for 3rd picture: I think it's PA12017-now. I believe PA1(2016) isn't as assisted as it now because I switched to manual passing on PES2017.
manual.png
pa1.png
PA1-2016.png

Here's why you can't pass to a space anymore with "normal pass".
Here's why there's no freedom with the normal pass.

In PES, if your analog stick is pointing within the radius of the receiver(white circle), the pass will go directly to a player.
The only way you can pass to a space with "normal pass" is if you use L2(which makes the radius so small) or you don't point directly within any teammates radius.

The receiver's radius on PA1 is so large now since 2016(might be a lot bigger than what's in my illustration), so even if your analog stick is pointing a couple of yards away from your intended receiver, the pass will still go directly to that player.

Last edited:
1. Donarumma
2. Tielemans
3. M.Rashford
4. Renato Sanchez
5. L.Hernandez
6. J.Kluivert
7. Vinicius J.
I've decided to support them this year, as I got a lot of info and tips from their videos on youtube. So I got the membership. Locking articles is a bit low tho IMO.
A simple search in game can do this. Why have this behind a paywall?

FIFA forums are great evidence of this where the "faces" thread is always the biggest on the forum and is well over a 100 pages long.

Don't get me wrong, man .. "faces" do add authenticity to the game, however what I was trying to point out is that they really want to the face of the players to be up-to-date or hey .. not good enough .. I want him to be more surreal whilst you have the face of Jonathan Tah in PES2018 looking like generic African American dude and they don't care about that.

When I "confronted" him on Twitter and said why you want Umtiti to be more perfect (mind you, i think he is #1 Umtiti fan in the world :D ) his reply was "because Umtiti plays for FC Barcelona, which is a partner team in PES 2019 and he is a world champion."

Then I said but his face is extremely better than the one that yet to have face; then I give him face of Jonathan Tah (btw, I am not Jonathan Tah fan, none at all) and I asked him "who's face is this?" because if he can guess who's face is that, meaning the generic face is good enough LOL .. then his reply was "who gives a dam about this b$@(% @$$ player" ... LOL

I think the site was blacklisted as of last month, and banning Daniel has pretty much rubber-stamped it. (Could be wrong, but it's pretty late to be receiving a review copy now.)
For the community.

I liked advanced shooting but Oh those circles , can they be removed ?
Yes, you can turn that off. I’ve been playing with it since last year when a buddy of mine told me about it. A real game changer for me:TU:
I could never for the life of me get advanced shooting. I tried a few times, but I never got how it works.

$$$$$$$$$$$
Never thought I'd see the day.

For the community.

I could never for the life of me get advanced shooting. I tried a few times, but I never got how it works.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Man! It's extremely easy!
Push back the left stick if you want to shoot low, push it forward if you want to shoot high.
I could never come to grips with Manual Shooting though.

When you defend, do you jockey?
Yes, but mainly at the wings where players do a lot of sudden turns and jockeying helps me keep my player on top of them.
Personally i think jockeying should be more effective than it is. It was great weapon on Fifa18. On Pes my players still seems to slide a bit even when i use it.

Man! It's extremely easy!
Push back the left stick if you want to shoot low, push it forward if you want to shoot high.
I could never come to grips with Manual Shooting though.
what i don't get is why is it not: aim the left stick bottom left, and the shot goes bottom left and so on, would make much more sense i think, especially if you are playing with vertical camera

but i could be completely wrong on this, i only tried it for 1 or 2 games with PES2016, but way too many shots hit the bar, so i went back to manual

Yes, but mainly at the wings where players do a lot of sudden turns and jockeying helps me keep my player on top of them.
Personally i think jockeying should be more effective than it is. It was great weapon on Fifa18. On Pes my players still seems to slide a bit even when i use it.

Aside from AI issues, the defending might be my biggest gripe, with the demo at least. It reminds me of a FIFA from a few iterations ago when it was frustratingly tough to get close to the CPU dribblers. It doesn't help that marking can be pretty loose. And I think that's why I see pretty much every match end with really high CPU pass accuracy.

I've taken the day off work to dig into the full release, so maybe I'll get better, but tackling has been a point of frustration in the demo for sure.

what i don't get is why is it not: aim the left stick bottom left, and the shot goes bottom left and so on, would make much more sense i think, especially if you are playing with vertical camera

but i could be completely wrong on this, i only tried it for 1 or 2 games with PES2016, but way too many shots hit the bar, so i went back to manual

I may not be getting your point, but... it works exactly as you're describing it.
But it's also contextual to how the player is positioned.

hopefully it doesn't change from the demo as far as playing online 1 v 1.. I think the PES19 beta is the best 1 v 1 sports video game I have played against friends or whoever. nothing beats it

Sometimes there is no need to sugarcoat; if it's bad, it's bad.
Take it with open hand and hope for the better version next year.

??

Regardless of my personal opinion (which is extremely negative by the way, and has been for past 4 years in regards to PES), IGN still gave 2019 an 8.2/10 (!!). In no world is a that a bad score.

Last edited:
people still give credence to what IGN says?
Or to anyone but themselves or others with similar mindsets.

Fair enough if you know specific reviewers satisfy your itch.

??

Regardless of my personal opinion (which is extremely negative by the way, and has been for past 4 years in regards to PES), IGN still gave 2019 an 8.5/10 (!!). In no world is a that a bad score.
8.2 :P

Sometimes there is no need to sugarcoat; if it's bad, it's bad.
Take it with open hand and hope for the better version next year.

i'm sure you all know scores are contextual. a review score of 8/9 generally implies, to me, its a good game worthy of looking further into.

with PES 2019, a newcomer would probably give it a 9.
As a 2018 player, I would possibly give it a 4/5/6 based on what i've seen so far - and i would explain that my score is based on the ongoing failure to address core problems and the lack of significant changes from 2018.

i am looking forward to release date - it will be the first pes in years that i have not bought week one. for me, this has that kind of sense of achievement for me that i guess a smoker would have when they manage to "quit".

Because i'll still be playing 2018/older pes, I see I'm not quitting pes ...just quitting that "must buy pes" addiction.

Also I am bypassing all that grindy, manufactured weekly myclub hype. In hindsight, I see its all filler for a limited game IMO.

Would absolutely love it if I had the willpower to skip 2019 totally. I will start counting the days from 30 Aug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom