PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember you talking about snap zones before,is that why manual passing is "manual" and much better in Pes 12-13-14,and even 15?

PES12 I bought the game quite late and tried manual around June. I felt really lost and gave up. Someone else will have better memory of it
PES13 it was rigid (i mean the freedom and pass correction and snap etc)
PES14 was the freest. So free that I felt I had to look for the ball after my pass.
PES15 became simplified. More free than 13, but everyone I knew was disappointed.
PES16 never felt free. The snap was blatant
PES17 a little better than 16, but still ugly. Look at this clip was from 17. And 16 was worse than this lol.
Here's another one from 17:
PES18 was a little freer than 17
PES19 is kinda more free than all other years, except for 14 maybe. I dunno, the year is long, we'll see.

I feel like the heavy-handed snap has been preventing the game from being organic, whichever PA we are in.

Last edited:
I have play a lot of the demo now and it's really grown on me

it really does play a very good game of football ... pace is right, shooting improved, pitch textures are wonderful now

I can play in such a varied style in pes ... I cant do that in fifa its all action

like an idiot I will buy both games again this year but cant wait for pes 2019 ... digital download for me as I never buy games on disc anymore ... so not long to wait now!!

For all those that have the full game, is stamina more noticeable on 10min + matches also anyone cop any injuries, cos these were selling points for this years game

Guys here is my first impression of the full game :) I LIKED IT A LOT!
first I setup my profile and enter the training ground to test some things, manual headers, freekicks.
Manual headers work but ball is floaty and always goes in upper part of the goal, while in my first match I saw some diving header in lower corner, I hope Konami can made headers stronger, then will be more satisfying to score while animation itself looks good.
First match, exibithion game, 10 min, pro difficulty, default cam and game speed, didn't change any tactics becouse it was ok from what I like from my team.
PSV vs Ajax (me). First thing that come to my eyes is little but very little more reaponsivneas from the players which resulted to little faster gameplay, although game speed looks the same to me. Physicality of the players is great, managed to hold the ball with Huntelar few times and really gave me advantage to open space in opposition defence. Another area that I saw improved from the demo is the flow of the animations, looks so real and natural that is awesome. Player movement in open spaces is much improved, I played counter attacking formation and managed to find Kluivert with long ball in space which was soo satisfying that I actually jumped from the chair how it looked :D little feint and I send the ball to the stands with powerfull shot outside from the box.
Got Huntelar injured but he back in the game, also ai made 3 fouls against me, which resulted in 2 freekick in shooting area. I like fk a lot, they are immersive and satisfying when you score. I liked the game a lot. Didn't notice how fast the match actually finished which is good. The game ended 0-0 :)

Anyone had any despatched or shipped confirmation from Simply Games? Mines still in Progress and haven't been charged yet.:RANT:

PES19 is kinda more free than all other years, except for 14 maybe. I dunno, the year is long, we'll see.
But why is it picking different targets for me than what I intended? I've never had it on PES till now and its one of the things that were very annoying on FIFA. Quite a few times I was on the wing, trying to pass to my CM but instead it was sending long through ball to my CF completely dissmissing me holding direction up.
Thats the reason I switched to No Pass Support in PES19. Dont get me wrong, Im happy enough. It openned another layer of the game for me.
But it shouldnt be like that.

Need to know if player attributes make any difference on the full game. Would love to see a few people doing the same tests I did with 2018 in the video review, i.e. editing a team so that every player has 40 (the minimum) for every attribute and seeing if playing with them, and playing AGAINST them particularly, makes any difference on Top Player and on Superstar - because it changed nothing last year.

Otherwise - it undeniably plays a lovely game of football but I feel no difference between one guy and the next, and the AI (according to @B-Man and a few others on Twitter) still does that thing where it has open space to run into and score, but opts for a pass to someone in no space instead. I just can't get past these two things.

Now I see why they do say almost NOTHING about My Club :D I'ts money grabbing shitfest now. Тhey is even worse than EA. All the bad practices in gambling, pay to win games are integrated. PES 2019 is one big fake pachinko machine.

Can someone explain Advanced Shooting to me and what I need to learn??

I have switched to that and struggling :)

Need to know if player attributes make any difference on the full game. Would love to see a few people doing the same tests I did with 2018 in the video review, i.e. editing a team so that every player has 40 (the minimum) for every attribute and seeing if playing with them, and playing AGAINST them particularly, makes any difference on Top Player and on Superstar - because it changed nothing last year.

Otherwise - it undeniably plays a lovely game of football but I feel no difference between one guy and the next, and the AI (according to @B-Man and a few others on Twitter) still does that thing where it has open space to run into and score, but opts for a pass to someone in no space instead. I just can't get past these two things.

I'm the same.
I did quite enjoy 18 for a time, but it was only when I revisited PES 12/13 did I remember the essence of what PES was built on - player stats and how every player felt differently through pace, shooting, strength, passing etc. The interest you gave to each player when doing tactics and transfers made the game so intriguing.

Games like PES 12 were not remembered favourably if I can recall, but even with its issues it still can play a great play of football with great variety. And PA1 is a joy also with its freedom and passing error, obviously again hinging on stat differences in players.

Now I see why they do say almost NOTHING about My Club :D I'ts money grabbing shitfest now. Тhey is even worse than EA. All the bad practices in gambling, pay to win games are integrated. PES 2019 is one big fake pachinko machine.
Also, MyClub is entirely online now, according to Twitter. All offline elements have been removed.

EDIT: As @Ameppe has pointed out, it seems that VS COM is actually still available. Strange that plenty on Twitter have said otherwise...

Can someone explain Advanced Shooting to me and what I need to learn??

I have switched to that and struggling :)
Semi assisted. You can choose in which corner to shoot. Powerful low shots can be achieved easily. Just don't press your stick forward completely and it's a very good method.

Also, MyClub is entirely online now, according to Twitter. All offline elements have been removed.
Yes, it's online only now, looks like there is no more offline vs CPU games that what are saying the guys who streaming on Twitch. And they all say that the mode is made this way that forces you to invest real money even more than PES2018. Again that explained why Konami was so quiet about this "complete new myclub"

stamina definately works
Sweet! Thats the main improvement and game changer for me! Hopefully they will be dropping like flies when fatigue builds up in ML. We might finally get injuries!!!
Im a sadist, in FIFA I was increasing injury frequency to 70% just to get more, coz I missed them so much on PES...:D

To the Aussie guys, where are you all getting your game from????
Last year I bought it digitally, since the physical copy (I preordered from EB) was delayed a whole week.. weird shit...

Having it preordered from EB for this years version, I decided to cancel with EB (since they had it at $99 and weren't willing to price match - lost my business sorry), and instead preordered today online via
https://www.gamesmen.com.au/ who have it for $78 including express delivery... hoping it gets sent tomorrow for Thursday arrival.

I was tempted to get the US psn store version, as im guessing its out already (28th), but its region locked incase I wanna try and play some aussies online. Online not really important for me..but hey.. I want that option. The cool think about US version, its got Japanese commentary, whereas the AU version doesn't ….

But.. im also getting the steam / pc version of the game.. for the modding. Since I have a gaming laptop with nvidia 1080gpu etc. That has the Japanese commentary aswell….

Regarding Fifa… thisll be the first year that I wont even bother downloading the demo. I just cannot get past first base with fifa.. from what ive seen in the video's, just looks terrible.. ball physics, player physics, ball size.. etc.. just doesn't look like real football to me. Whereas ive been super impressed with the pes2019 demo.. looks and feel. Personally, just feels so good... no doubt best feeling and looking football game to date. That's why it really bugs me to see Fifa being the only football game advertised in shops like EB, JBHIFI, and various multistore outlets (KMart, Big W). A lot of young aussies (im a Secondary school teacher) don't even know what PES is.. that's including the full on football fans... annoys me that they are missing out.

For all those that have the full game, is stamina more noticeable on 10min + matches also anyone cop any injuries, cos these were selling points for this years game
I hope the Stamina is toned down. These are professional footballers conditioned to last 90 mins not the 35-40 mins Konami think they can last. Dreadful stamina system in the demo.

i have a question. Every player in PES 2018 in ML dont get an injury... Is that in PES 2019 different? It's realistic that sometimes players will get injured.

Excellent review from euro gamer .i have always found unlicensed teams don’t look as good as licensed teams in the game.the demo always has polished stadiums and shirts etc but that is never the same when the game is released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom