PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else getting a bit excited to get there hands on the full game ? I know I am but I think that's down to a combination of Celtic being a partner club and the Demo gameplay feeling very good , I'm hitting my late 40's but i'm young at heart so maybe that's were I get my sense of excitement from :LOL:

I’m 43 and been playing since it was ISS on the SNES.
Loved every version and release day was like Xmas day until PES9 when that game was so bad I was forced to go to Fifa9. I remember being in HMV and seeing these teenagers playing Fifa and heard them saying they were Pes fans but pes9 was so bad they switched to fifa. I had just done the same.
Pes10 was back on form then, for me, pes 11-18 were terrible. I only played demo of 17 and never bothered with 18. So have been playing Fifa for those years.
So onto 19.....loving the demo. Ive ordered the full game and can’t wait.
Roll on weds or Thurs.
I normally drive the missus and myself mad switching between pes and fifa but not this year. I’ll only be buying pes.

HaHa, my missus and ten year old son are ok with my Pes obsession ( Like they have a choice LOL ) , they're both gamers so that makes it easier for me, like yourself I started Playing Pes and other football games a very long time ago, ISS and sensible soccer were two games that I put a lot of time into on the Snes, and from there like youself I played the PS1 Pes games which were great for their time, then we had the PS2 glory days, those games really pushed the limits and were just top notch, great memories.

EDIT : Never really did the Pes midnight shopping thing as I was normally patient enough to go and pick up my copy early on release day.

Sounds very similar I’m 33 have basically played pro evo since I was 10 .id always put a holiday in go to asda get the new pro evo and get some decent food and be set for the day .now married with a 10 month old son so finding time is abit harder these days

Sounds very similar I’m 33 have basically played pro evo since I was 10 .id always put a holiday in go to asda get the new pro evo and get some decent food and be set for the day .now married with a 10 month old son so finding time is abit harder these days

Yeah me and my 2 pes loving mates used to take the day off work, go to town, trade old game for new one, go Burger King , then play the new pes long into the night.
I think first one came out when I was 19. My mate discovered it for SNES and we were hooked. When it jumped to PS1 we were blown away by the upgrade.
I remember doing the above one year and in Burger King my filling fell out and I had to spend 2 hours at dentist. My mates went to play Pes and I was like, no chance, you’re all coming with me to dentist and they did.
One of my 2 mates still plays and like me has hated the last 10 odd versions but is getting pes19. He is coming round Thurs for a pes session. The other don’t have a console anymore but will play mine when he pops over.

Assisted or manual? Because on manual I press square with every timing and no headers. I scored some weak ones with triangle but thats not enough. Human vs human offline on manual is fantastic!!! It has also an offline custom league from 3 teams and above! Didn't know that!

In PES2018 Manual headers don't work unless you double tap, it's like this in PES2017 too. Try double tapping shoot

Looking at the whole thread, He's wondering why no one has uploaded any images or anything of the fake UCL. Then someone responded saying maybe they're locked in ML only and don't have their own modes. To which he replies with this tweet and i think he's saying it's not only in ML and is in Cup mode?

So yeah, I don't think that's what he's saying. He doesn't have the game.

Don't jump the gun guys. Check first.

I watched the stream yesterday.

So, Champions League and Europa League are in Master with obvious fake name and logos, but a song similar to the real one when you play them. The background color of group rankings and match results is similar to the real one for both Champions and Europa League, so blue for Champions and almost orange for Europa league.

Also, you can play fake Champions and Europa league separately without having to start Master League, just go to Cup menu and you will have the option to play them.

Last edited:
well I said I wouldn't buy this but I have money in PSN wallet and I couldn't resist pre ordering digital version....

i went back to this yesterday when I had friends visit and we all played ... few beers ... lots of fun

the game has flaws yet but after spending time with FIFA 19 beta, I cant play another year of super fast and unrealistic BS

pes 2019 here I come ... will play the retro PES games as well it feels good to be back after playing fifa for years

like putting on a favourite old t-shirt that still fits but is a little faded :LOL:

Yeah me and my 2 pes loving mates used to take the day off work, go to town, trade old game for new one, go Burger King , then play the new pes long into the night.
I think first one came out when I was 19. My mate discovered it for SNES and we were hooked. When it jumped to PS1 we were blown away by the upgrade.
I remember doing the above one year and in Burger King my filling fell out and I had to spend 2 hours at dentist. My mates went to play Pes and I was like, no chance, you’re all coming with me to dentist and they did.
One of my 2 mates still plays and like me has hated the last 10 odd versions but is getting pes19. He is coming round Thurs for a pes session. The other don’t have a console anymore but will play mine when he pops over.

That’s great your mates still play .my brother was always my pes mate he threw the towel in about 10 year ago and moved to fifa .to be honest I’ve barely played pro evo since 2013 i buy every year and I stop enjoying it by October then move to fifa .fingers crossed for next week though

Wow, I thought I was ancient being 35. Its good to know Im among people like you guys!
We dont stop playing coz we grow old,
We grow old coz we stop playing!
32 here mate :D
it's interesting how polarises fans, older fellas like us like offline gameplay and crave for good old ML stuff and younger lads want Myclub and online stuff but we are here for the love of the series, especially older members :)

it's interesting how polarises fans, older fellas like us like offline gameplay and crave for good old ML stuff and younger lads want Myclub and online stuff
On that, I have to ask. Am I the only one who think this whole Legends is a bit silly?
Back in the day we could just unlock Classic teams and play few games with them.
Now, having Messi and Mpabbe alongside Beckham and Baggio......thats just silly for me. Thats one of the reasons I never play myClub and if I go online - i just play divisions, with normal teams.
Each to their own I guess..
But I think overall it hurts present football games, coz they focus more on legends, than individual players who actually are on the teams.

I'm just glad Gerd is still around so I'm never the oldest gamer on here, despite being 46 next month ;)
No danger of that. I drag the average age way up. I'm 63. Been playing PES since at least PES 5/6. Still get excited with the imminent arrival of a new edition of PES every year. I only play off-line and mostly ML, so gutted to lose Italian and Spanish Div 2 this year. Will try a team from French Ligue 2, I suppose. I have enjoyed the 'banter' on this forum so far from all you guys. Roll on 30 August!

So the AI on the full game is the same as the demo? That was the absolute dealbreaker for me. I think I'll leave it for this year.

My wife's ten years younger than me so that helps me feel younger ;)

881aed3fcf5f4704e3349e0115a7de40.jpg

On that, I have to ask. Am I the only one who think this whole Legends is a bit silly?
Back in the day we could just unlock Classic teams and play few games with them.
Now, having Messi and Mpabbe alongside Beckham and Baggio......thats just silly for me. Thats one of the reasons I never play myClub and if I go online - i just play divisions, with normal teams.
Each to their own I guess..
But I think overall it hurts present football games, coz they focus more on legends, than individual players who actually are on the teams.
Old school :D yeah I agree with you. Would be better to have pes shop like in old days so we can buy stuff, in these case legends so we can create teams with them, which I would love to play just for fun and nostalgia. Sadly legendes are open just for myclub mode. But to be honest when I play Master League would be off for me to see legends in today`s teams, imagine playing against Real Madrid and Roberto Carlos play instead of Marcelo :D Thanks but no, at least for me :)

I am Brazilian and using TRANSLATOR I have tracked EVERYTHING on this website EVOweb forum for many years ...

I'm 37 years old and I fight with my wife trying to explain to her what P-E-S means to me ...

I think the statement that older (not all) older ones are more "detailed" for things I dream of in a day see again in PES as what "JUCE" did in PES6 with stadiums and choose the amount of fans present would be in every game in ML and so on ...

Obs: I really liked PES2019
although it does not have a stadium editor.

Message to KONAMI:
GIVE VALUE TO THE ANCIENTS ALSO!

Loving reading about everyone's experiences of PES through the years. Knew there were many people like me here! Is anyone aware of a link to a site that shows all the games from day one? My old man disposed of my ps one and games in a clear out one summer when I was away. Still not forgiven him! Pretty certain I started my journey with first ISS on ps one but a bit uncertain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom