PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it technically possible to assign English D2 to another first division ?

You can move others division teams from La Liga/Serie A (well, not licenced) teams to English 1st division, and edit players and teams from the second division...

But you will got in the gameplan, all the "minifaces", like for example Huddlestone face in the gameplan and his Player ID, with the player edited, renammed, and in-game looking like Gilardino with different stats if you edit over him.
For example.

Note: in PES 2018, players with real faces cannot be edited if i remember well...
To be honest, it's better to let him be like it his, and not wasting our time to figure it out something to change.

Creating Bundesliga + Others Latin America + J-league or CSL + One league in South America is already taken too much time.

Btw, nothing really related, but i wish there's could be an option to desactivate miniface in the gameplan for not having a mix or picture/no pictures.

Or something even better: if you mod a player appareance, the miniface should be automatically updated.
It was the case in PES 2011 to 2013.
There was no miniface on the formation gameplan, but the player face when you select him was automatically "updated" if you changed his appearance in Edit mode...

Anyone else notice that all licensed clubs have shorten names eg ...

Celtic FC now just called Celtic, Arsenal FC now just Arsenal etc ...

Italians clubs just one or two names instead of adding A.S. etc.

Glad Konami have done this ... you never see the FULL names when looking at league tables or watching on tv.

No. You could swap all the top division teams from one league with the English, then edit the English 2nd division to whatever 2nd division you want.

And ever if there was a second division in Asia/America leagues, you can't switch an European team with an Asian/American one, fake or not.

But like i've said, they're many issues if you do that.
It's better not touching it. I've played ML from 2 years in England, i wanted to change this year...
Well, i've always wanted to start an ML with Jupiler League but they weren't on PES sadly.

It's time for it, don't care that much if there's no 2nd division on lower league, there's a different challenge more related to goes as far in CL or Europa League.

The issue is about the transfers market, i'll be more restricted to buy lower division players like some lower teams in Belgium does (especially doing their market in Serie B, where's there's plenty of Juventus youngsters evolves)

Last edited:
But like i've said, they're many issues if you do that.
It's better not touching it. I've played ML from 2 years in England, i wanted to change this year...
Well, i've always wanted to start an ML with Jupiler League but they weren't on PES sadly.

It's time for it, don't care that much if there's no 2nd division on lower league, there's a different challenge more related to goes as far in CL or Europa League.

The issue is about the transfers market, i'll be more restricted to buy lower division players like some lower teams in Belgium does (especially doing their market in Serie B, where's there's plenty of Juventus youngsters evolves)
Oh no, I completely agree. I was just saying that you can do it if you want, but it'd be a massive pain in the arse and not something I'd have any desire to do had the EFL Championship been removed.

So, basically, there is a war at EA community side, coz EA just confirmed that apart of Champions League, there will be NO changes to career mode.
And, honestly, I think its a bad news for us. There is a lot of people who said they won't buy PES this year and go for FIFA (or stick to old PES). But now there is a fairly decent crowd in there, who says they will not buy FIFA and go for PES.:D
So at the end of the day it will all ballance out and both companies will happily continue to do sweet fuck all....:D

To be honest, Serie B isn't my favorite 2nd Division to play with it, that's was always EFL for the variety of foreign players.
Even if i don't support any club in England (well, i don't really dislike any club neither).
Serie B is my second choice, but since Foggia is in... If Buli was in game, taking a Buli 2nd team division would be very interesting, there's many historic clubs.

I don't even care about French Ligue 1, so League 2... Well, not comment.

Edit @Emroth : i'm practically sure that 2nd division will come back in 2020 version. Only one thing to do for that : a bigger edit.bin file and it's settle...

Plus if they want to sign new others leagues, they've got no other choice. I think it's inevitable.

To be honest, Serie B isn't my favorite 2nd Division to play with it, that's was always EFL for the variety of foreign players.

I don't even care about French Ligue 1, so League 2... Well, not comment.
I don't care about manual. I don't think manual should exist as an option. If you're producing a football game with representations of real players, you should be restricted in what you can achieve with them by their attributes, otherwise what's the point in even having them in your game? They might as well be random. Only in some kind of indie 5v5 game where you play as yourself would manual make some sort of sense. In my opinion.

However. I know how many people absolutely love playing on manual, and if they removed manual from the game, I would be outraged for the manual players, and absolutely gutted for them.

Just because it's not important to you, doesn't mean it isn't important. The people most affected by the D2 removals are the hardcore, old-school guys who play ML. It's yet another kick in the teeth for PES's most dedicated fans*.

For that alone, I'm furious about it. In my opinion, you should be too. Otherwise, the stuff you care about will be gone tomorrow - and there'll be someone saying "who cares about that, don't worry Konami, you're doing the right thing, you can't please everyone - gamers are crybabies remember"...

*Either last year or the year before, some old-school PES community guys got invited to Windsor for a playtest. Meanwhile, FIFA YouTubers were flown out to the Nou Camp to play football on the Nou Camp pitch (and then play PES). It doesn't take a genius to figure out how they feel about us.

Last edited:
Chris, you're totally off right here.

I was only talking not about Konami's choice AT ALL to keep whatever divisions, but which teams i would pick from my ML... That's all. Sorry if it was off thread, but don't jump to conclusion, you've picked up a phrase/sentence off context.

Totally personnal thing i was just saying, i would keep the same opinion if there was ligue 2 removed. Nothing more, nothing less.

So i repeat: any second division who was there since PES 2015 are important for the whole ML experience... I've explained why in few longs posts (that you probably didn't read...) when the 2nd divisions removal was official.

Last edited:
I don't care about manual. I don't think manual should exist as an option. If you're producing a football game with representations of real players, you should be restricted in what you can achieve with them by their attributes, otherwise what's the point in even having them in your game? They might as well be random. Only in some kind of indie 5v5 game where you play as yourself would manual make some sort of sense. In my opinion.

However. I know how many people absolutely love playing on manual, and if they removed manual from the game, I would be outraged for the manual players, and absolutely gutted for them.

Just because it's not important to you, doesn't mean it isn't important. The people most affected by the D2 removals are the hardcore, old-school guys who play ML. It's yet another kick in the teeth for PES's most dedicated fans*.

For that alone, I'm furious about it. In my opinion, you should be too. Otherwise, the stuff you care about will be gone tomorrow - and there'll be someone saying "who cares about that, don't worry Konami, you're doing the right thing, you can't please everyone - gamers are crybabies remember"...

*Either last year or the year before, some old-school PES community guys got invited to Windsor for a playtest. Meanwhile, FIFA YouTubers were flown out to the Nou Camp to play football on the Nou Camp pitch (and then play PES). It doesn't take a genius to figure out how they feel about us.
I feel like this is a common misconception - manual controls and player stats don't have to be mutually exclusive, there's no reason you could not have sufficient error applied to manual passes.

The manual aim could just signal your intent for where you want the pass to go, the accuracy/consistency of the weight/direction/spin on the resulting pass decided by player attributes. It's only the current shitty implementation of manual controls that have given people this idea that manual control fundamentally makes player stats useless.

The manual aim could just signal your intent for where you want the pass to go, the accuracy/consistency of the weight/direction/spin on the resulting pass decided by player attributes.
Is this not the case? Is the outcome of manual pass not affected by stats?
Im new to manual passing myself and for the moment its hard to know did I miss the pass coz I messed up direction, or did I miss the pass coz of stats.

I was perfectly happy with pass support 1 till this demo. Im finding pass suport 1 is sometimes picking different targets that I aimed at and this is unacceptable. So I switched to manual and trying to learn it.

Is this not the case? Is the outcome of manual pass not affected by stats?
Im new to manual passing myself and for the moment its hard to know did I miss the pass coz I messed up direction, or did I miss the pass coz of stats.

I was perfectly happy with pass support 1 till this demo. Im finding pass suport 1 is sometimes picking different targets that I aimed at and this is unacceptable. So I switched to manual and trying to learn it.
At least with the L2 modifier then player stats/footedness seem to make almost no impact, here's a couple of examples;

https://gfycat.com/DeadGlisteningJavalina (Wijnaldum's wrong foot)
https://gfycat.com/EnviousTameBullfrog (Santon's wrong foot)

Maybe on PA0 it's better, but L2 is always there to pretty much override the stats/foot and do what you want. Currently I use PA1 but often use L2 to play long balls or quicker passes and you can pull off some ridiculous passes with average players on their wrong foot...

Maybe on PA0 it's better
Im sorry, when I said manual passing I actually meant PA0. Thats what Im playing recently. And its hard to judge are stats affecting end result or not. It definetely gives you more freedom and creates unpredictable matches, especially online.

I'm a manual player.

However, I only play manual because the assist levels (on default or otherwise), are conducive to ping pong, 100 miles per hour, end to end, arcade goal fests.

If Konami removed manual (and other assist levels) completely, and limited us to a default option; then justified their decision as a measure intended to allow individual player statistics to be more pronounced, varied and impactful, then I would absolutely love that.

I play manual to escape the fundamental problems with the core gameplay, and I suspect that a few others are the same.

So, basically, there is a war at EA community side, coz EA just confirmed that apart of Champions League, there will be NO changes to career mode.
And, honestly, I think its a bad news for us. There is a lot of people who said they won't buy PES this year and go for FIFA (or stick to old PES). But now there is a fairly decent crowd in there, who says they will not buy FIFA and go for PES.:D
So at the end of the day it will all ballance out and both companies will happily continue to do sweet fuck all....:D
wait until end of october when news pop how many milion copies fifa sell in just one month. pes will never do that, i mean it's impossible now, fifa build own machinery to sell the game no matter what. even with all fifa licences today most of the players will pick fifa becouse it's fifa. same happened with pes 2008, the downfall of the series. most of the people who bought ps3 bought pes in good memory from pes 6 but rest is known until today...

Someone asked the other day about career mode and the EA guy said "Serie A, La Liga, UEFA - aren’t those Career Mode changes too?" :LMAO:It just shows how both games don't give the slightest bit of a shit about offline players.

Ultimate team (and MyClub) have killed FIFA and PES for the offline player. I wouldn't be shocked if we never see a meaningful improvement in either games career/ML modes for as long as they last.

wait until end of october when news pop how many milion copies fifa sell in just one month
Im sure they will. What I was trying to say there was that those few who think they will make a difference by not buying a game will be ballanced out by those few from FIFA, who want to make a difference as well...;)
The only weapon that people have now is social media. All we can do is wreck their heads until they decide to listen. Or stop buying the game alltogether, but that will not hurt them much..
I will find a way to enjoy PES19, with pass support 0, different approach to ML, my own rules about transfers, tactics or difficulty. We've been doing it all along anyways..

Regarding the scoreboards, there is possibility that it might come in a DLC. EA did this in FIFA (17 as far as I remember) adding Premier League TV Pack in patch. So who knows...

What people say and what they end up doing are two very different things.
Sometimes people use the "I won't buy X game because the company didn't do Y" just as a "threat" to that company. Specially if they are @ing them on Twitter. I'd take them seriously if they don't mention the company or the social media managers in their tweets.

For example, I said I wouldn't buy any PES from now on until they implement gameplay sliders like 6 months ago. They didn't, so I won't buy it. I'll stick to my word. I said that long before Konami released PES 2019 features list and the demo. This is my way to show my unhappiness and dissatisfaction. I have no other way. And if more of us did the same, they would have to start taking us seriously. Money is boss.

Last edited:
What people say and what they end up doing are two very different things.
Sometimes people use the "I won't buy X game because the company didn't do Y" just as a "threat" to that company. Specially if they are @ing them on Twitter. I'd take them seriously if they don't mention the company or the social media managers in their tweets.

For example, I said I wouldn't buy any PES from now on until they implement gameplay sliders like 6 months ago. They didn't, so I won't buy it. I'll stick to my word. I said that long before Konami released PES 2019 features list and the demo. This is my way to show my unhappiness and dissatisfaction. I have no other way. And if more of us did the same, they would have to start taking us seriously. Money is boss.

I will not be buying it this year, as an offline player, as each year I am getting less and less for my money. £20 - £25 is what the Pes 2019 package is worth to me these days. Maybe things will change, but I'm not holding my breath. Good luck to those that pick it up from the release day - have fun!

I will not be buying it this year, as an offline player, as each year I am getting less and less for my money. £20 - £25 is what the Pes 2019 package is worth to me these days. Maybe things will change, but I'm not holding my breath. Good luck to those that pick it up from the release day - have fun!

I'm glad. The more the merrier.

I'm a manual player.

However, I only play manual because the assist levels (on default or otherwise), are conducive to ping pong, 100 miles per hour, end to end, arcade goal fests.

If Konami removed manual (and other assist levels) completely, and limited us to a default option; then justified their decision as a measure intended to allow individual player statistics to be more pronounced, varied and impactful, then I would absolutely love that.

I play manual to escape the fundamental problems with the core gameplay, and I suspect that a few others are the same.

100% this

Someone asked the other day about career mode and the EA guy said "Serie A, La Liga, UEFA - aren’t those Career Mode changes too?" :LMAO:It just shows how both games don't give the slightest bit of a shit about offline players.

Ultimate team (and MyClub) have killed FIFA and PES for the offline player. I wouldn't be shocked if we never see a meaningful improvement in either games career/ML modes for as long as they last.
See. And if PES even had that kind of career I would shut my pie hole!
So we talking about different levels of flawed career mode, imo.
And that’s a major thing to me so I would have to go waaay more detailed into each one but I’m tired of it.

On another note. I would like to meet the community and chat in person. See, that’s how deep my love to the series goes.
So much meaning and stuff gets lost or is “transported” the wrong way in forums and online chats. In person it’s a much more in-depth thing. Guess we would all benefit from that. PLUS: I bet the game would too (on a long run...)!
You get me.

Is it only me hating that replay camera angel, and that "stick" right before camera?

d4626fec91b8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom