PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifa has the pushing ball forward with the right stick for example, you can push the ball very far and then you see the player speed at full run.

Yeah man, I've been asking Konami to implement something like that too!
FIFA has about 4 or 5 different type of pace. Close Control, Walk/Jog, Run, Sprint, Push the ball forward at full speed.
Konami needs one more type IMHO.

From Twitter...

"According to our @Snakeeater129 the only stadium that the lighting changes from one time to the other is at Camp Nou. Otherwise, they all remain in the same light."

Also one thing we don't know much about is commentary. We know new commentary has been recorded and im sure all the teams have names but what about the players?!

So not only is 'dynamic' lighting not really dynamic, it's only 'dynamic'at one ground.

They're an absolute embarrassment, aren't they? It's comical.

I kind of saw that coming. In fact I tweeted about it like a month ago.
I think Signal Iduna Park was meant to have the same treatment as Camp Nou but we know what happened.
Konami are giving Barcelona such a special treatment... it will be painful to watch Barcelona walk away to their ex-girlfriend (FIFA) next year.

Full version. I really like the pace of passes.
Plays on Top Player, against Arsenal. They have no shots by half time. (Commit no fouls by half time.) Are you not bored?! Crank up the difficulty, surely!

The goal they score to win is nice enough. But the thing that really puts me off (it's not the best example but an example nonetheless)...

The AI move that starts at 14:10 results in a straight pass forward to Aubameyang, who (after the human player runs away from the ball with both his CBs) could just run straight at goal and score. But he doesn't even try to dribble - he kicks the ball away from a position he could easily score from. (Superstar is exactly the same.)

If it was a one-off you'd say "people make bad decisions, you can't say that's unrealistic". But the sheer volume of these terrible decisions just destroys all immersion for me (there are much better examples where those CBs wouldn't even be there, and there's an instant pass back to midfield).

PES 2018 didn't do this, or at least I never noticed it... It's so weird that they've just started doing this now! It's like someone in the AI department has literally gone "we're getting complaints that the AI isn't human enough, we've got to stop them from scoring easy goals"...

Plays on Top Player, against Arsenal. They have no shots by half time. (Commit no fouls by half time.) Are you not bored?! Crank up the difficulty, surely!

The goal they score to win is nice enough. But the thing that really puts me off (it's not the best example but an example nonetheless)...

The AI move that starts at 14:10 results in a straight pass forward to Aubameyang, who (after the human player runs away from the ball with both his CBs) could just run straight at goal and score. But he doesn't even try to dribble - he kicks the ball away from a position he could easily score from. (Superstar is exactly the same.)

If it was a one-off you'd say "people make bad decisions, you can't say that's unrealistic". But the sheer volume of these terrible decisions just destroys all immersion for me (there are much better examples where those CBs wouldn't even be there, and there's an instant pass back to midfield).

PES 2018 didn't do this, or at least I never noticed it... It's so weird that they've just started doing this now! It's like someone in the AI department has literally gone "we're getting complaints that the AI isn't human enough, we've got to stop them from scoring easy goals"...

I am usually not the one who defends the PES AI, but the situation initiated at 14:10 is not really a chance to score or have a free run on goal. In the moment Aubameyang gives the ball away there are two defenders close to him who can theoretically have an influx on the situation.

It would be much more problematic if he wouldn´t try to shoot at 14:17 (when he is really free on goal), but he does.

@slamsoze Dont forget the new cutscenes and hexagon tiles menu! ;)
Good morning people. Have a good day!!

Edit: I saw apologies all over the year when they gave me a xxxxload of coins in myclub. ;)
Now that you noticed.I wanted to ask it last year,but ML was so bad that I completely forgot.
When they say cutscenes they mean real cutscenes or screenshots? Because last year they were promoting amazing new cutscenes for immersion,they did even an update and a DLC which would add new awesome cutscenes for the most realistic ML season ever and in the end the only REAL cutscenes in-game were only two,when you sign up to a new team as a manager and when you sign a new player that has some special status,high OPR,team role etc. The latest after the last updates and DLC 4.0 was bugged or disappeared for some reason and very rarely it was shown as a cutscene when I signed “superstar” players anymore.
They can tell the truth, only if by cutscenes they mean the screenshots that pass through the news feed screen in the ML menu like the last one from 19 with the weird Özil! :FISH:

Sure I do not trust them and I’m full PESimist ,but especially this looks so unnecessary and stupid,it is almost impossible for me to believe, that they are telling lies about something so unimportant.

Last edited:
No, I'm not kidding! There is an animated scene in the dressing room with your manager giving some thought-provoking words. It really gets the blood pumping!

Well watching gameplay from one guys who put high arrows for all players before starting match...
Or two guys discovering PES (if you listen how they're confused in the game) playing 2 vs CPU, doesn't help.

I've got the demo, and i think nothing will by changed between both versions, they've said they've got "not time to do it coz too much things to update" Adam said.
We'll see after the first patch if something have changed.

@Chuny in fact i've retried FIFA just now, and it's not that they've got more dribbling speed, but they've got a totally different dribbling/feinting about different dribbling system, and ball protection.. Unrelated to speed, more like "type" of dribbling.
Pushing the ball very long with double taping the right stick direction is not anymore in Fifa 18, but they've replaced with a feint. It was overpowered in FIFA 15, they tried to nerf it on the 16.
... But to be honest, it's not anymore comparable, they've changed the whole system of feints and dribble, close control is replaced by "protect the ball" feature (which was overpowered in Fifa 17, a bit less in 18 but still)
Both games doesn't feel the same at all.

Sorry again for the off thread

Last edited:
I played only derby matches with rivals assigned through edit mode.Not hardcoded rival matches.The only staff I saw was the images in news feed with one player from each team on fire etc.The last time I saw these cutscenes you said in locker rooms was either 2012-2013 or 2015-2016. I am so confused now :(

I played only derby matches with rivals assigned through edit mode.Not hardcoded rival matches.The only staff I saw was the images in news feed with one player from each team on fire etc.The last time I saw these cutscenes you said in locker rooms was either 2012-2013 or 2015-2016. I am so confused now :(

Although it's in portuguese, you get the idea.

way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and PES had about 6 licenses in total, I played as Parma in the ML. So glad to see them back in top flight football, I aim to start with them in ML and take them to the top! Too bad I can't even crash out of Serie A, though! I better take them to the top, ending up at the bottom won't do anything this year!

I think that was one of the first things I mentioned too from playing the demo

after playing a 7 year long ML on 2018 I could tell on 2019 they had taken out the ruthless finishing of the AI on superstar but they seem to have swung too far the other way to the point of seeing like you said immersion breaking decisions by the AI

On another note, have you seen the Cameroon squad faces on that guys twitter leaks? I know it's before a day one patch so it'll change, but some Cameroon players have white default faces. Come on, is it that hard just to set the correct race? You shouldn't need a patch to correct things like that
That has been a problem with players added via "Live Update", in 2018. Lots of players with the default appearance, it's horrible.

https://twitter.com/Ramin_CPU/status/1032524499634274305
Ramin_CPU‏ @Ramin_CPU
Added replay logo for licensed leagues! We would have expected Konami to do that for Scoreboards as well. Due to the details, #PES2019 progresses and the game becomes more realistic.
DlRDij-W4AEBIT7.jpg
DlRDinfW0AA6GuW.jpg
DlRDioDXoAEmDoj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom