PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legends were usually optional in previous ML, i'm sure it will be an option again. However, ML was never about realism, it was meant to be a football RPG of a club, taking a crap bunch of players and making the club bigger bit by bit was always the fun. Weirdly they got rid of the best ML characters (Castello etc) and replaced them with some strange entities with no personality, much like how the series has gone.

This three year plan for ML is my issue, what is the final goal - what is the vision? why haven't they ever set out what it is, as currently the mode is a mess.

Zenit Confirmed Stadium in Pes

ojbPzgDX4_4.jpg

is it safe? I do not understand this news

Why would Beckham be available in ML? We wanted realistic ML right? For me it's not fun to build a team and face opponent with football legends in Champions League or other competition. It will kill the moment for sure...
Personally, I toyed with the idea but no, I wouldn't want him in. I only mentioned it as you've been able to do so in the past but the Q&A at Gamescom today confirmed that you couldn't.

Hard to tell these days!
Personally, I think this Legends thing both companies have been aiming at for the past years is pointless.
Specially for PES. A game in which stats stopped mattering a long time ago, so what's the point in having Maradona when controlling him feels exactly the same as controlling Neymar or Mané or Salah or Messi?. I mean, seriously. Legends stop being Legends when they are as good as everyone's flavour of the season.

They should have enough to take care of with actual players.

OH and please let us never forget about the whole Usain Bolt movement last year. Pathetic.

Personally, I think this Legends thing both companies have been aiming at for the past years is pointless.
Specially for PES. A game in which stats stopped mattering a long time ago, so what's the point in having Maradona when controlling him feels exactly the same as controlling Neymar or Mané or Salah or Messi?. I mean, seriously. Legends stop being Legends when they are as good as everyone's flavour of the season.

OH and please let us never forget about the whole Usain Bolt movement last year. Pathetic.
Completely agree.

I know this is a little bit off topic and obviously is only a band-aid to the real problem but regarding team individuality and lower teams playing like prime Barcelona on higher difficulties:

something I was experimenting with on 2018 was to adjust the difficulty to the quality of team I was playing. Top sides in the division = higher / highest difficulty, lower quality teams = lower difficulty. Also taking into account home and away.

anybody else try something like this?

I know this is a little bit off topic and obviously is only a band-aid to the real problem but regarding team individuality and lower teams playing like prime Barcelona on higher difficulties:

something I was experimenting with on 2018 was to adjust the difficulty to the quality of team I was playing. Top sides in the division = higher / highest difficulty, lower quality teams = lower difficulty. Also taking into account home and away.

anybody else try something like this?
That's a good idea,I've been doing just that in other Pes titles.
And it works pretty well.

Doubt that konami will be able replicate the noise at Johan Cruyff stadium right now in PES 19

Will the CL/EL be replaced by any fake tournaments in 19?
Man,I actually miss cl/el nights already

Here's a slightly off topic (but still PES related) question. What are peoples thoughts on the form arrows?

Personally I feel they are completely over powered, often I feel like the results of my matches with friends is down to who has the best form arrows rather than the best players or gameplay skill. Example, recently on PES18 my friend handed me a 6-0 drubbing, (and we are of even standard usually) with a completely inform Van Persie scoring 6 goals from 6 shots, including a 30 yard free kick with inconceivable swerve. He was quicker than all my defenders, had 100% shot accuracy and generally unplayable. My friend couldn't even celebrate it was so ridiculous.

So have any of you had similar issues where the arrows make players superhuman, or on the flip side, a negative arrow making somebody feel like they are unable to function at all? Somebody brought up the 'magic boots' thing from a few years back and it made me think about this, are form arrows being used as 'power ups'? Giving special abilities or nerfing them?

To me, form arrows should only affect a first touch, slight reaction times, concentration and positioning. It shouldn't affect everyone around them, making opposing players play worse. It shouldn't make players quicker, or give them extra stamina or strength in challenges. Anyway, that was just on my mind.

Oh and on another note, there was a Q&A on twitter just now with some guy, sadly he didn't answer my questions about offline modes. Those legend editions though...

I hate them. If I'm playing mates we always set them to neutral. They just don't make any sense. If they were linked to something or something had an effect on them. A player can hit a hatrick and next game the lowest arrow. If there was a news story saying his goldfish died or something to explain his drop in for ok but for no reason it just bloody stupid

Doubt that konami will be able replicate the noise at Johan Cruyff stadium right now in PES 19

Will the CL/EL be replaced by any fake tournaments in 19?
Man,I actually miss cl/el nights already
Yeah, I think they called European Club Championship and European Masters Cup

Some stats do matter. Try dribbling with Neymar and then with someone else.

Some stats do matter. Try dribbling with Neymar and then with someone else.
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/p...-digs-instant-ban.78940/page-165#post-3299892

The game is just shallow. Repetitive. There's barely difference in how players feel, I don't care what anybody says.
Until Messi feels like Firmino, or Icardi feels like Suarez, or Pique feels like Ter Stegen, PES will never ever ever be back to PES 13, PES 6, PES 5, PES 3 or any of the Winning Eleven versions. I repeat, I don't care what anybody says, they all feel more or less the same.
It's like Konami coded 3 type of players: Quick ones, Heavy ones, and Average. And the 'stats' are automatically assigned to them depending on height and weight. And that's all the difference you'll perceive, not matter what their actual stats are.

Why would Beckham be available in ML? We wanted realistic ML right? For me it's not fun to build a team and face opponent with football legends in Champions League or other competition. It will kill the moment for sure...

Not sure if you're joking or not? What is realistic about the master league exactly?

Not sure if you're joking or not? What is realistic about the master league exactly?
I was reffering to situations I described in the post. If transfers really depend on club status/level then we could have interesting seasons. Players growth was another department that makes ML what it is. This two elements will made ML great or really bad (having in mind absence of two d2 leagues.). For the fantasy factor I don't think than any game ever will become realistic 100% becouse in the end it's a game. If you leave those things out of head you could enjoy the game, that is not only for pes but for all games out there

I was reffering to situations I described in the post. If transfers really depend on club status/level then we could have interesting seasons. Players growth was another department that makes ML what it is. This two elements will made ML great or really bad (having in mind absence of two d2 leagues.). For the fantasy factor I don't think than any game ever will become realistic 100% becouse in the end it's a game. If you leave those things out of head you could enjoy the game, that is not only for pes but for all games out there

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable but it is terribly far from being a realistic or authentic mode. There is no depth to it at all, it's just game after game and easy transfer between. There isn't really any management required...

So Lenni (EU PES Manager) took on series of questions by #PES2019QA last night and of course either him or the chick who interviewed him, picked the questions.

Out of array of questions, some are really good questions i must admit, the questions picked were easy ones.

The one take from his interview was in ML area, where he mentioned level 2 club can no longer purchase top players the like of Coutinho, so this means Mbappe going to Milwall or Kane going to Rotherham Utd can no longer happen. He didn't say if this applies to AI, but I presume it would be.

Any + is good enough but this still means that Release Clause won't be functional (again) & unrealistic market price and budget (i.e Mbappe market price £13m in the game) yes very cheap in comparison to reality!!!

From gameplay perspective (demo) , did you folks not feel players manoeuvre (and movement) can sometimes lag (unresponsive slow to react)? I experienced this 1st hand with Rakitic and in real life, he is anything but those.

Also I observed, stats still don't matter where a fast players (Mbappe) with full stamina on the clear can still get caught by slower AI defender (i.e Pique); anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if there is anything to the fact this is the first time in a few years they didn't award it to PES.

I dont think so as alot of people seem to like the demo and I think its decent. I know there is a lot of issues with it and konami but I have to be honest nothing bad they do surprises me anymore, i'm numb to their bullshit. These are the dick wads that canceled P.T and messed up kojima's last metal gear. Not to mention the horror stories on how they treat their staff. I'm not pre ordering the game because I dont pre order anymore but I will buy it. I'll buy both games as I like different thing about both. I know this annoys some people as in a better world we would all boycoytt it and in a perfect world we would have something better to play but I need my football fix and its better than watching MUFC these days (The dentist is better than watching them play)

will have to wait a month or so to play fifa. Where I think FIFA have won it is in presentation and the fact that fifa is a world wide phenom. It has the biggest licences, more of a glossy career mode, a way more liked card game system fut or what ever its called and the bal mode with the hunter lad which is a mini drama inside the game. Never played much of the that mode, but its innovation so award things like that.

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable but it is terribly far from being a realistic or authentic mode. There is no depth to it at all, it's just game after game and easy transfer between. There isn't really any management required...
I hope this year will be little better than before. I remember on PS1 days when there are around 30 clubs only and I builded squad with Di Biaggio, Seedorf and Davids in the midfield, it was joy to play :D but different times, different expectations :)

So Lenni (EU PES Manager) took on series of questions by #PES2019QA last night and of course either him or the chick who interviewed him, picked the questions.

Out of array of questions, some are really good questions i must admit, the questions picked were easy ones.

The one take from his interview was in ML area, where he mentioned level 2 club can no longer purchase top players the like of Coutinho, so this means Mbappe going to Milwall or Kane going to Rotherham Utd can no longer happen. He didn't say if this applies to AI, but I presume it would be.

Any + is good enough but this still means that Release Clause won't be functional (again) & unrealistic market price and budget (i.e Mbappe market price £13m in the game) yes very cheap in comparison to reality!!!

From gameplay perspective (demo) , did you folks not feel players manoeuvre (and movement) can sometimes lag (unresponsive slow to react)? I experienced this 1st hand with Rakitic and in real life, he is anything but those.

Also I observed, stats still don't matter where a fast players (Mbappe) with full stamina on the clear can still get caught by slower AI defender (i.e Pique); anyone else noticed this?
when I ran with Mbappe no one can catch me in the game. Do you run by double tapping sprint button? If not then you should becouse that way players are faster but have less controll on the ball. Also momentum when to start sprinting is important, I don't see catch up bug in the demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom