PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It boggles my mind that people are raving about the gameplay when attributes make no real difference, tactics don't matter (you'll find people playing 4-1-5 online, and it works flawlessly) and the AI tries not to score - and that people genuinely believe there will be significant gameplay changes between now and release that will make the full game a different beast.

Not buying it because of this. Yes it looks beautiful and yes you can create some nice movement but it quickly becomes repetitive as the essence of PES where stats actually matter has been killed long ago, leaving it very easy to play without thought on what tactics you will play and what players will impact the game in a way that is aligned with their strengths. It all just feels the same.

Not buying it because of this. Yes it looks beautiful and yes you can create some nice movement but it quickly becomes repetitive as the essence of PES where stats actually matter has been killed long ago, leaving it very easy to play without thought on what tactics you will play and what players will impact the game in a way that is aligned with their strengths. It all just feels the same.
I think it's important to state that you can say that, or have this opinion, without the other game coming into it. Lots of FIFA comments in here of late.

I posted that video of @Ameppe's on Facebook in response to a few "PES just is real football"-style comments on Eurogamer published last week (incredibly childish of me, I'll hold my hands up, but nothing annoys me more than people who played PES in university who claim the game is made of soul and unicorns and won't accept criticism of their beloved franchise), and you're immediately met with "FIFA'S THE SAME THOUGH, YOU CAN PING-PONG IN FIFA TOO". And? So what?

It's like there's some law of quantum physics; having an opinion of one game automatically means you have the opposite opinion of the other. But if FIFA didn't exist, the analysis (i.e. the post I'm quoting) would be the same.

Not buying it because of this. Yes it looks beautiful and yes you can create some nice movement but it quickly becomes repetitive as the essence of PES Where stats actually matter has been killed long ago, leaving it very easy to play without thought on what tactics you will play and what players will impact the game in a way that is aligned with their strengths. It all just feels the same.

You think the other game will offers different?
It doesn't.

You think the other game will offers different?
It doesn't.
Hahahahaha, you literally just proved my point from a couple of posts up.

To use this viewpoint (and to exaggerate for the sake of the point, so understand I'm grossly oversimplifying here), you're saying, both games are shit. If that was the case, and they shared the same fault(s), why would you purposefully choose to play the game that had far less depth off-the-pitch (and had less licenses)?

This makes no sense.

Hahahahaha, you literally just proved my point from a couple of posts up.

To use this viewpoint (and to exaggerate for the sake of the point, so understand I'm grossly oversimplifying here), you're saying, both games are shit. If that was the case, and they shared the same fault(s), why would you purposefully choose to play the game that had far less depth off-the-pitch (and had less licenses)?

This makes no sense.

No im not saying both are shit - they are both good and bad in their own way. I just have always preferred the game-play of PES (Except the law few and have purchased the other game instead).
I find it funny when people say - ill buy fifa this year as stats matter and it has player individuality when thats incorrect. PES fails in a lot of areas but not in player individuality.

No im not saying both are shit - they are both good and bad in their own way. I just have always preferred the game-play of PES (Except the law few and have purchased the other game instead).
I find it funny when people say - ill buy fifa this year as stats matter and it has player individuality when thats incorrect. PES fails in a lot of areas but not in player individuality.
You couldn't have missed his point more.

PES fails in a lot of areas but not in player individuality.
To get us back on track, and away from the other game.

I'm asking this absolutely genuinely. Do people think PES 2019 is a major step up from PES 2018 in regards to individuality when it comes to passing and shooting? A big complaint last year was that every player, from centre-back with poor passing stats to star playmaker, hit passes in the same way and with the same perfect contact and accuracy.

(In-fact, our PES 2018 video review showed that it made no difference to pass or shot accuracy, editing every Man City player's attributes to the minimum of 40.)

I don't believe that's changed - am I wrong? If you're talking about players "feeling" different from each-other when moving around with the ball, I'd probably agree with that, but when it comes to kicking the ball, for me, one guy feels the same as the next. Am I alone in feeling that way? Perhaps I've not been playing the right match-ups to feel the difference...?

Last edited:
The murder of ML would be, if there wasn't no ML at all.

I enjoyed PES 2018 's ML to some extent and probably will enjoy this one.

What I play is, picking a 2nd division team and keep the team for forever, no matter what league it is.

Gonna pick a skybet team or wait how the guys from pesgalaxy will handle the situation.

So well yeah, I'll buy it.

My sources have confirmed PA1 is free as a bird this year.

Yeah, when I'm playing on my HDR tv on my ps4 pro as my beloved arsenal it not only is free as a bird but the best looking football game ever. The team have done an amazing job this year. Anyway, I'm off to watch WWE raw.

0kCV270.png

I absolutely love the idea of "Team Spirit" and not being able to force players together (not instantly, at least).

That's one off-the-pitch thing they've introduced (in a series that is infamous for not adding much depth to its game modes) where I think they've really innovated and created something pretty realistic, that represents the "problem" of putting together a football team.

I wonder if they'll have made changes to TS this year (in terms of how severe the effect is).

What I play is, picking a 2nd division team and keep the team for forever, no matter what league it is.

Gonna pick a skybet team or wait how the guys from pesgalaxy will handle the situation.

So well yeah, I'll buy it.

I agree with You, I have enjoyed taking a lowly You know who side and playing through the Championship,then Premier League progressing into Europe,and even into World Club matches.couple that with picking up Iceland Managers job before getting offered England Managers job too.

Honestly I feel individuality touched a super low in 2018 and isn't any better in what I've played of 2019. I respect other people's opinions, but I can't understand how it can be considered satisfying or faithful to stats.. if you cut out players who have personal id/stars (and often don't even shine enough to me), the vast majority of the rest feels incredibly dull even in terms of ball between the feet.. let alone shooting and passing..

@Chris Davies I haven`t played 2018, only the demo so I can`t really be 100% accurate with the comments but I can compare it with 2017 where passes are just like you descibed, same quality passes with Jordi Alba and Iniesta, also for shooting. Pes 2017 had better gameplay than 2018 also. Now when I compare 2017 and 2019 there is big difference in all areas in my opinion. Player movement is evidentially different with different type of players, shooting also. Passing is also different but not too much evident, defenders and low pass stat players tend to pass the ball with more bounces which makes it difficult for reciever to control which means lost time = losing the ball. This can`t be really judget in demo with 5 min games becouse when you start to feel the way AI play referee whistle for half time. My hope is that stamina will kick in full game and made the game drastically different and better :)

Did he mention the other game?
Are we/you not allowed to criticize Pes without "bla bla bla THE OTHER GAME TOO!"
We if anyone,who's been around this game,not giving a shot about the other game are allowed to critize Pes without shit comments like that

No but as theres only 2 footy games they will always be compared.
I dont give a flying toss who likes and who dislikes which game.

I'm asking this absolutely genuinely. Do people think PES 2019 is a major step up from PES 2018 in regards to individuality when it comes to passing and shooting? Every pass I've seen in the demo has had the same power/accuracy whether it's a defender with poor passing attributes or a superstar playmaker.

Or do you mean players "feel" different when moving around with the ball? I'd probably agree with that - but when it comes to kicking the ball, for me, one guy feels the same as the next. Am I wrong to think that (seriously)?

I didn’t play with the lesser teams so I don’t how passing might vary there. But if we go by individuality in terms of ball control, dribbling, players speed, shooting/crossing, stamina, and body balance. Then it def feels different from one to another. I played AC Milan and I can easily see the difference from other teams.

I'm asking this absolutely genuinely. Do people think PES 2019 is a major step up from PES 2018 in regards to individuality when it comes to passing and shooting? A big complaint last year was that every player, from centre-back with poor passing stats to star playmaker, hit passes in the same way and with the same perfect contact and accuracy.

(In-fact, our PES 2018 video review showed that it made no difference to pass or shot accuracy, editing every Man City player's attributes to the minimum of 40.)

I don't believe that's changed - am I wrong? If you're talking about players "feeling" different from each-other when moving around with the ball, I'd probably agree with that, but when it comes to kicking the ball, for me, one guy feels the same as the next. Am I alone in feeling that way? Perhaps I've not been playing the right match-ups to feel the difference...?

That, I cannot answer. I havent bought the last 2 years versions!

Those last few posts are a bit off-the-rails...

If I come over at all disrespectful towards anyone else's opinion, I'm sorry. Absolutely not my intention, and please do call me (or anyone else) out on it. Just passionate about the game and pretty disappointed (but it's just my opinion, everyone is entitled to love or hate the game, and air their opinions here).

I know when others are talking about their ML games, I'll be watching all the videos and asking if the "Team Spirit" stuff has changed this year.

I agree. Very little individuality in pes these days. There is some, but it is very minuscule imo. I feel very little difference in playing with/against different teams these last few years. That, as well as the flaws in tactics/team set-ups. is why playing the game feels like a chore very quickly. Pes has lost it's soul chasing the online/esports/microtransactions dollar. That's showbiz I suppose. I will not be paying full price for pes this year, will wait a couple of months and pick it up when discounted, as it never feels like a complete package.

No but as theres only 2 footy games they will always be compared.
I dont give a flying toss who likes and who dislikes which game.
But nobody compared those?
In here we don't compare them,we praise/critize/discuss PES.
And since you don't give a flying toss which like what game,why even go there.
We have a right to discuss PES without comments like that

Here's a slightly off topic (but still PES related) question. What are peoples thoughts on the form arrows?

Personally I feel they are completely over powered, often I feel like the results of my matches with friends is down to who has the best form arrows rather than the best players or gameplay skill. Example, recently on PES18 my friend handed me a 6-0 drubbing, (and we are of even standard usually) with a completely inform Van Persie scoring 6 goals from 6 shots, including a 30 yard free kick with inconceivable swerve. He was quicker than all my defenders, had 100% shot accuracy and generally unplayable. My friend couldn't even celebrate it was so ridiculous.

So have any of you had similar issues where the arrows make players superhuman, or on the flip side, a negative arrow making somebody feel like they are unable to function at all? Somebody brought up the 'magic boots' thing from a few years back and it made me think about this, are form arrows being used as 'power ups'? Giving special abilities or nerfing them?

To me, form arrows should only affect a first touch, slight reaction times, concentration and positioning. It shouldn't affect everyone around them, making opposing players play worse. It shouldn't make players quicker, or give them extra stamina or strength in challenges. Anyway, that was just on my mind.

Oh and on another note, there was a Q&A on twitter just now with some guy, sadly he didn't answer my questions about offline modes. Those legend editions though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom