PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't go wrong with Simply Games, I've ordered from them as well! Great price and you're right, they do tend to ship early. I'm hoping it's sent out next Monday for a very hopeful Tuesday arrival. I think I got it 2 days early early last year from Simply Games.

As Im a gold member on Shopto I get PES for £33

That video, up above, around 11th minutes in:

- there will be updates throuhhout a year, such as stadiums, kits, more leagues...
- more leagues?
- yes. We are not done yet

Do you recon they realised this big booboo and planning on fixing it ASAP, or is it another smoke grenade?

- there will be updates throuhhout a year, such as stadiums, kits, more leagues...
- more leagues?

Do you recon they realised this big booboo and planning on fixing it ASAP, or is it another smoke grenade?

They have been saying that since E3, nothing new. At this point don't believe anything they say until you see that officially announced.

but that damn day 1 patch... before that its not the game i want to play. and after the patch... lets see! ;)
i'll pick it up early too, i guess. but without patch...!? hm...

at least i can play longer matches than this freakin 5 minutes demo embarrassment! :)

i thought about the short demo time last night. i came to the conclusion its not for hiding flaws but more for teasing the customer. it works so well, in my case. "just give em a little taste of it..." :)
it's pure psycho games abused as a marketing tool!
Too much editing to do to worry about playing it until weekend I'd say, haha

They have been saying that since E3, nothing new. At this point don't believe anything they say until you see that officially announced.
Or someone gets the full game early.
Still not officially announced the Colombian league; clearly not bothered about hoovering up any pre-orders ahead of release there on Tuesday!

Given the "broadcast presentation" debacle (i.e. a logo on a never-changing scoreboard), the "dynamic lighting" falsehood and the "40-player squads" promise being wiped out of existence - to name but a few - it absolutely astonishes me that people still jump on announcements like this and go "this is exciting".

It boggles my mind that people are raving about the gameplay when attributes make no real difference, tactics don't matter (you'll find people playing 4-1-5 online, and it works flawlessly) and the AI tries not to score - and that people genuinely believe there will be significant gameplay changes between now and release that will make the full game a different beast.

It just proves to me what I've always suspected, that Konami can do anything and we'd be fine with it. Especially now we've got the Scottish Premiership licensed... (I thought licenses didn't matter?)

Last edited:
Or someone gets the full game early.
Still not officially announced the Colombian league; clearly not bothered about hoovering up any pre-orders ahead of release there on Tuesday!

I read that they can't announce Liga Aguila yet because EA contract ends today. So from tomorrow onwards they will probably announce it.

I should become a detective, I know. But after some research I found out Jenkey has been active on Soccergaming (the Evo-Web of FIFA) a year after the last time he's been active here on Evo-Web. So that tells us he was probably more interested in FIFA.
So we can rule out suicide (I can't believe we would speculate about THAT!).

And the Konami threats thing was never confirmed. Just rumors.

Actually he was working on PES 2017 File Loader, https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2017-file-loader-by-jenkey1002-in-progress.76806/

AFAIK, he also worked on another project, it's an android game ( racing game ) i don't remember its name but he promoted it on his site. He announced to release beta version of PES 2017 File Loader but when he finally back some people also are coming back and their nasty habbit like begging something ridiculous to him. He chose to close his blog weeks later with no information till now. Heck I even saw some people think Jenkey was dead on his chat blog

It boggles my mind that people are raving about the gameplay when attributes make no real difference, tactics don't matter (you'll find people playing 4-1-5 online, and it works flawlessly) and the AI tries not to score - and that people genuinely believe there will be significant gameplay changes between now and release that will make the full game a different beast.

In case they didn't remove second divisions i could see myself buying the game later at a lower price, but as you say there is nothing that makes me think this year gameplay is brilliant. It's good but it still has many flaws inherited from Pes 2018. Also, there is a chance that final release code will be even worse than the demo.

Will you buy the game at release?

I know what you're saying and agree with it; that's where I was coming from when I said long-term. It is satsifying in the short-term with the demo, I find, but as history has shown, the longer you play the full game, the more glaring and unplayable the issues become.

I read that they can't announce Liga Aguila yet because EA contract ends today. So from tomorrow onwards they will probably announce it.
Did they even have it? I'm fairly sure the Colombian league hasn't even been in FIFA (apologies for the mention; it was indirect)

EDIT: Checked; seems it was there.

Will you buy the game at release?
No, it's a watershed moment for me. I've just gone into detail in this post.

Sadly, given how beautiful the game looks and that it has new licenses - and given that the alternatives are what they are (i.e. another poor game or no football game at all) - I don't imagine it'll sell any differently to any other year. That being said, I hope it gives hours of joy to those who buy it.

No, it's a watershed moment for me. I've just gone into detail in this post.

Sadly, given how beautiful the game looks and that it has new licenses - and given that the alternatives are what they are (i.e. another poor game or no football game at all) - I don't imagine it'll sell any differently to any other year. That being said, I hope it gives hours of joy to those who buy it.

I'm not buying it not because of Asim's poor job as a community manager, him and Adam take no decisions whatsoever and they are only there to take criticism. It's that removing those leagues is a slap in the face to their loyal fans in those countries and also shows that Konami really doesn't want to improve the game building upon what they already have and invest on it.

Removing those leagues is the most baffling decision ever. It's even worse than removing League mode and that was already a huge mistake.

How do these 2nd leagues impact the game? People like to start off in lowest rung on master league? So they have to win promotion in early stages?

- more leagues?

They couldn't remember where they put the smoke grenade, so they tried to light a fire on which water was poured by EA, resulting in laughable amounts of smoke, just like their work.

I'm not buying it not because of Asim's poor job as a community manager, him and Adam take no decisions whatsoever and they are only there to take criticism. It's that removing those leagues is a slap in the face to their loyal fans in those countries and also shows that Konami really doesn't want to improve the game building upon what they already have and invest on it.

Removing those leagues is the most baffling decision ever. It's even worse than removing League mode and that was already a huge mistake.
Still in.

How do these 2nd leagues impact the game? People like to start off in lowest rung on master league? So they have to win promotion in early stages?
Yeah, exactly that.
I'm personally fine this year as I always play with a English 2nd division team and go for promotion. Same as the Spanish/Italian fans who now can't and the Dutch/Portuguese etc who never could.

At the end of the day, If KONAMI has the chance to acquire more licenses, they will make sure we see them everywhere. PES has always been bashed for its lack of licenses and even If I admire their stride this year in lincensing acquisition, their decision to cut the lower divisions is truly baffling.
I will still enjoy the game tho, I am no longer the die hard I was back in the day, because I made peace with the fact that the game will never be what we want. It is not our game, it is made in a corporate enviroment and its sole purpose is to make cash, same as FIFA.
Cheers buds!

What League mode? :THINK:

Have people already forgotten that glorious PES 2013, which featured all the Primera stadiums, actually came without ordinary League mode? Which would actually be a perfect way of showboating all those licensed stadiums. Besides ML or BAL. Every other PES game in last decade had League mode, but for some reason, 2013 did not.

Have people already forgotten that glorious PES 2013, which featured all the Primera stadiums, actually came without ordinary League mode? Which would actually be a perfect way of showboating all those licensed stadiums. Besides ML or BAL. Every other PES game in last decade had League mode, but for some reason, 2013 did not.

And this version had the magic boots problem rising some stats from 3 to 10 points. I liked the gameplay, probably the last one with real difference between AI players, I remember being destroyed by AI aguero more than once.

But Konami always manage to destroy the simplest things by no reason.

Same here,I'm not buying because of what you're both are saying.
Not being able to handle critism and the murder of ML.
Can't see myself playing a ML without promotions relegations
But mainly because of just being disrespectful tw us consumers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom