PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hated the boot feature! every player had black boots didnt they?

Yep, and you got boots in the ML which you could assign to players to boost stats. I hated it, too. :D

Is there any way of getting Beckham into the offline game modes? I know you can buy in ML but like actually where you can assign him to a team etc?

I've always heard people say you can with the legends but I've never seen it done.

Yes, you can do this via an external editor.

I was going to buy the game at release because I liked the demo, but after recent "announcements" like unbelievable scoreboard, 22 twins by team in some of the new leagues, 2nd division out for no reason and many fake teams with 16 players only I decided to wait until a half price cut in PSN, sometimes 2 months after release and by that time we have much more OF available.

I just cannot pay full price for a game, with these dumb decisions, they don't know what are doing, any football fan has better ideas than these amateurs.

Still hoping they fix matchmaking in coop tired to play against my club teams, but probably they like it that way, and will remain the same.

Preordered. I simply love the gameplay this year. First pes after 2013 that really take my attention with the gameplay. Yes there are bad decisions but even then I will be happy to play simple League mode and install OF to have CL and UEL with better variety of teams, sadly no d2...

Is there any way of getting Beckham into the offline game modes? I know you can buy in ML but like actually where you can assign him to a team etc?

I've always heard people say you can with the legends but I've never seen it done.
oh man... how i would love to play offline (whatever mode) with some of these legends! Kahn, Matthäus, Roberto Carlos, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Gullit, Nedved, Viera, Figo.... oh man...

i'd build myself a fav legends team and play some others. or i would create 2 legend teams and play random selection with buddys at home! what fun this could be!

btw: still loving that random selection mode! its so much fun when playing locally against friends, imo! one of the funniest things (mode wise) i played in the last years (soccer games that is)! brings a smile to my face when i remember the last session in 2018... we were stealing players left and right... pure fun for me and my lads! :)
edit: they should put a "massive potential" badge on the games cover! ^^

oh man... how i would love to play offline (whatever mode) with some of these legends! Kahn, Matthäus, Roberto Carlos, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Gullit, Nedved, Viera, Figo.... oh man...

i'd build myself a fav legends team and play some others. or i would create 2 legend teams and play random selection with buddys at home! what fun this could be!

btw: still loving that random selection mode! its so much fun when playing locally against friends, imo! one of the funniest things (mode wise) i played in the last years (soccer games that is)! brings a smile to my face when i remember the last session in 2018... we were stealing players left and right... pure fun for me and my lads! :)

In fact you can play with legends if you play myclub.
You don't need to play online, there are many offline competitions.
I did so with PES 2017 as there were zero manual players online.

In fact you can play with legends if you play myclub.
You don't need to play online, there are many offline competitions.
I did so with PES 2017 as there were zero manual players online.
i know! but thx anyway.
i really dont like myclub. i was creating 2 teams for nothing, few month after release, with all the coins they gave me for free over this period. i had like 2 big teams and still about 200.000 coins left...
played them a against other human players and against the COM a few times, but lag and stuff wasn't my thing. and even when there is no lag at all, the online part plays different, imo. its kinda more sluggish! same with matches against the COM in myclub. hm...

maybe this way: i'd like to earn the legends in myclub. thats fair. i would play it just to get the legends i want and then want to create an offline team for offline modes. that should be possible to do. ya heard konami, its possible! ;)

Last edited:
Is that really so important?
It is a bad move from Konami, no doubt.
But every customer decision should be respected.
There are a lot of people who only play myclub or just online.
Also, some people are looking forward for the Russian, Turkish or any other added league.
There are many people not giving a damn about 2nd leagues or scoreboards or whatever.
I find it very disappointing, no doubt and I would love to have a strict word with the responsible dudes at KONAMI.
But still, hoping for mods that bring back some of the immersion KONAMI has killed.
And if not, I'll play full manual online matches only.

I'm not saying customers shouldn't be respected, should they decide to go through with the purchase.
It just would be kind of silly to be in here complaining about Konami's behaviours and faults this year (which are more than I remember in past editions) and then still give them your money right away on day 0.

There are guys in here who are genuinely enjoying the demo and are very pleased with it. I totally respect THAT. In fact I'm happy for them.

I'm just saying we have a way to show our discontent. Don't let it go to waste. Don't let them get the wrong idea.

Here is a video in which (for those of you who can't understand Spanish) Robbye literally says that the new leagues in PES 2019 are more than just licensed leagues. They will come with the scoreboards, broadcast presentation, etc. I mean... LITERALLY.
https://twitter.com/M98William/status/1008816237533687809

I'm terribly angry. I think I couldn't be any angrier at Konami this year. The way they lied and mislead fans from the very first trailer, and announcements on the live streams, then on Twitter accounts, then on the Playtests around the world with many many "features". I'm beginning to think none of this was just "poor communication" between Tokyo and the rest of the team. I think this was part of their strategy.

You can have one misunderstanding. Say, the Dynamic Lighting thing. OK!
So the team in Tokio sent an email to the guys and said something about lighting changing from afternoon to night and the social media guys like Adam and Asim didn't understand it right so the information was carried over to the fans incorrectly. That's one.

But when you have two, three or more of these situations happening week after week... we cannot think it's just by chance, just coincidence?. Poor communication? NO! There's something more going on. I'm not talking about silly conspiracy theories. I'm talking about a selling strategy. "What do the fans want? This, this and that. Well let's tell them we've got it in the game".

I'm very sorry if I come off as a hater. I don't want to come off that way. I should probably just stop coming to these threads at all. But I just can't accept the lies and misleading claims - Which, according to them, a simple "We're sorry for any inconvenience" should fix. Yeah, so we said a bunch of stuff that weren't quite accurate, but we're apologising now, so that should make things right, right?.

I shouldn't be using you guys as an outlet. But I know you feel just like me or close.

Last edited:
Here is a video in which (for those of you who can't understand Spanish) Robbye literally says that the new leagues in PES 2019 are more than just licensed leagues. They will come with the scoreboards, broadcast presentation, etc. I mean... LITERALLY.

I'm terribly angry. I think I couldn't be any angrier at Konami this year. The way they lied and mislead fans from the very first trailer, and announcements on the live streams, then on Twitter accounts, then on the Playtests around the world with many many "features". I'm beginning to think none of this was just "poor communication" between Tokyo and the rest of the team. I think this was part of their strategy.

So the team in Tokio sent an email to the guys and said something about lighting changing from afternoon to night and the social media guys like Adam and Asim didn't understand it right so the information was carried over to the fans incorrectly. That's one.

But when you have two, three or more of these situations happening week after week... we cannot think it's just by chance, just coincidence?. Poor communication? NO! There's something more going on. I'm not talking about silly conspiracy theories. I'm talking about a selling strategy. "What do the fans want? This, this and that. Well let's tell them we've got it in the game".

I'm very sorry if I come off as a hater. I don't want to come off that way. I should probably just stop coming to these threads at all. But I just can't accept the lies and misleading claims - Which, according to them, a simple "We're sorry for any inconvenience" should fix. Yeah, so we said a bunch of stuff that weren't quite accurate, but we're apologising now, so that should make things right, right?.

I shouldn't be using you guys as an outlet. But I know you feel just like me or close.
You're not coming off as a hater at all. Plenty of chances given to Konami as it is.

I will get my 30 euros worth out of it regardless of all the horrible decisions and communication. Hopefully not all option file / patch makers decide they have had enough with Konami. That would be the final nail for me. As it is I think the gameplay will just about suffice. If not I'm requesting a steam refund and fifa here I come.

I have a sinking feeling that this is the last dance for us offline players with PES...good thing there is a back catalog waiting when that happens.

You're not coming off as a hater at all. Plenty of chances given to Konami as it is.

I will get my 30 euros worth out of it regardless of all the horrible decisions and communication. Hopefully not all option file / patch makers decide they have had enough with Konami. That would be the final nail for me. As it is I think the gameplay will just about suffice. If not I'm requesting a steam refund and fifa here I come.

I have a sinking feeling that this is the last dance for us offline players with PES...good thing there is a back catalog waiting when that happens.

Thanks.

The only hope left for me, and the only reason for me not to leave PES right now until next year, consists in waiting to see what Nesa and Juce can do. In terms of adding new slots. Modifying gameplay. Modifying lighting. Enabling hidden stuff. Etc. That's the reason why I'm staying.

I love Random Selection local matches. My favourite moment was taking my mate's only 2 goalkeepers, so he was left with putting Danny Ings in goal.

Unfortunately he kept a clean sheet, then my mate put Ings up front for the last 10 minutes and he scored the winner!

One thing which is improving is the fake national teams. Last year 5 of the 32 European National teams were fake. Now its only 2. Bosnia & Serbia. They've added Hungary, Romania & Russia.
Africa is the same as last years. 8 out of 14 are all fake. Asia are also the same. 14 out of 17 are fake. North America is the same. 5 of the 6 are fake. South America im unsure. But Uruguay are now real.

They never seem to ever add more national teams. Is this because no-one cares about them? People on Twitter have been asking for two more African teams so we can have a proper ACON.

I feel your pain dude, I really do. I'm a big fan of the Argentina Primera (my favourite team there is Rosario Central!), and I found it quite amusing that it's being sold as a new license, I thought it was licensed for past 2-3 years at least? Not sure that can qualify as a new license.

Regarding the broadcast presentations/scoreboards etc, maybe we're jumping the gun somewhat, let's see if a patch comes out on release day which adds this all in? If it's not there on release day then there will be another shitstorm, and to be honest, deservedly so, they shouldnt advertise something that isn't going to be there on release day/release day update.

I love Random Selection local matches. My favourite moment was taking my mate's only 2 goalkeepers, so he was left with putting Danny Ings in goal.

Unfortunately he kept a clean sheet, then my mate put Ings up front for the last 10 minutes and he scored the winner!
Has Random Selection gone online yet?
They'd actually have something good there if they did.

Wow...just caught up on the last few pages of this thread.
Konami are a joke!
So much misinformation and lies that they think we are stupid enough to swallow, then when people speak out they claim abuse (undoubtedly some idiots do abuse them, but a minority I’d say).

The way they handle licenses is piss poor and pointless, “licenses” that could be covered by the editing community. The lack of stadiums.
The way they act on Twitter, and their hanger ons looking for invites, the whole thing is a shambles.
I can’t buy this... for the first time since it was ISS on PlayStation 1, I cant pay full price for a half arsed game. I can’t see anything but a bleak future for PES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom