PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. He's still in a Russian team according too the screens on Twitter. He'll be dumped into the free agents once the live update hits.
At least he'll be in the game again, finally.

One of the Community managers (@joaocoscelli) said in that terms: "Yes, apparently has been said that it would have league scoreboards. They didnt say "official" scoreboards, but league scoreboards."

Sometimes it seems they think we have some mental illness.

Well, tbh, that is pretty much what they said.

• New HUD design based on featured licensed leagues

But if based or inspired means placing the league's logo in the middle of the default scoreboard and change nothing else, then they really don't realise how unprofessional all of this makes them look.

But if based or inspired means placing the league's logo in the middle of the default scoreboard and change nothing else, then they really don't realise how unprofessional all of this makes them look.

exactly, its ok this scoreboards are in the game, the problem is announce it as a "feature" and deliver a scoreboard with a logo in the middle. Its fine having this, its not fine presenting these scoreboards as something new like they had lost hours and hours to edit that.

in pes 17 i played Eredivisie with Ajax and as far as I remember there was second divjsion with strange team names
From the 2015 to 2018 the only leagues officially with 2nd divisions were English,French,Italian,Spanish. The rest eredivisie-ligaNOS-peu are flat leagues with only one division.
The only way that you played a 2 division eredivisie,would be if only you had a patch where the patch makers moved all the Holland clubs to an other League place which has already a 2nd Division by default. For example he swapped English team from premier with Dutch from Ered.

I am along with plenty of other people. :)
Me too, as I like how it plays.
Seeing what's happening "outside the pitch", I'm absolutely glad I gave them less than 30€ through HumbleBundle (knowing that some of them go to HumbleBundle and, as usual, some of them go also to charity. The less Konami get, the happier I am).

The fact we've preordered (or we're going to buy the game anyway) doesn't excuse them though, I still feel spoiled.

I think you guys should just deal with the fact that Konami has a much smaller team and less resources than FIFA. So stop overreacting. We PES fans knew this since the beginning. It’s like we signed up for it lol. It was never meant to be this big budget product. Honestly I’m glad the gameplay and graphics are genuinely great this time in a long time. The issues for me are closed down, not as bad as it was last year or before, it feels like this time I can just play a quick match and enjoy the hell out of it.
How big budget is needed to add some damn fake 2nd divisions?
Secondly we don’t compare pes to nothing . And again this small team,Konami garage,indie developers team.
Since you don’t work for KONAMI what’s the point you know the size of Devs teams?And why you should care if the game is built by 1 or 10 or 100 people?

PS: In case you want us to be sympathetic for the “small team” then put a realistic price to be in synergy with the indie spirit you describe. 9,99€ is a fair price

P.S.2.: I swear every time I listen to this “Konami small-poor team” meme, the first picture that comes in my mind, about how the KONAMI WEPES-DEVELOPMENT HQ maybe lool like.
latest

Last edited:
I would love to know how many fans canceled their pre-orders since the demo came out all the way up until today.
Common sense tells me that many fans probably pre-ordered the game after trying the demo and liked it.
But not many fans canceled their pre-orders after the 2nd Division Leagues and the whole Scoreboards joke disappointment.

Because that's just how people are.

Is that really so important?
It is a bad move from Konami, no doubt.
But every customer decision should be respected.
There are a lot of people who only play myclub or just online.
Also, some people are looking forward for the Russian, Turkish or any other added league.
There are many people not giving a damn about 2nd leagues or scoreboards or whatever.
I find it very disappointing, no doubt and I would love to have a strict word with the responsible dudes at KONAMI.
But still, hoping for mods that bring back some of the immersion KONAMI has killed.
And if not, I'll play full manual online matches only.

So, Gamescom has started with PES there. But there won't be any news about anything now right?

This year gamescom is completely irrelevant to Pes. We know everything we need about the game. Demo there is not even final code.

And again this small team,Konami garage,indie developers team.
Just to compare - Naughty Dog is a small company. They started in the garage, literally. Yet after Crash Bandicoot they delivered the Uncharted series and later The Last of Us. Konami is bigger than Naughty Dog. Now I know Uncharted and Last of Us dont have to battle the licences, but people in here dont complain about licences. Its attention to details that seems to be lacking completely in Konami's team.
This last comment from Tweeter "we never said official" - thats embarrasing. So from now on they can do absolute minimum and twist all the announcements?
"We said 3D grass. We never said 3D grass in the whole game, so replays have 2D"
"We said 9 new leagues. We never said that they will have faces"
Where does it end?
Honestly - the irony of the whole situation is that, somehow, they have delivered savage gameplay this year. Thats the only reason people are still on the fence.
Their attitude is awful..

Just to compare - Naughty Dog is a small company. They started in the garage, literally. Yet after Crash Bandicoot they delivered the Uncharted series and later The Last of Us. Konami is bigger than Naughty Dog. Now I know Uncharted and Last of Us dont have to battle the licences, but people in here dont complain about licences. Its attention to details that seems to be lacking completely in Konami's team.
This last comment from Tweeter "we never said official" - thats embarrasing. So from now on they can do absolute minimum and twist all the announcements?
"We said 3D grass. We never said 3D grass in the whole game, so replays have 2D"
"We said 9 new leagues. We never said that they will have faces"
Where does it end?
Honestly - the irony of the whole situation is that, somehow, they have delivered savage gameplay this year. Thats the only reason people are still on the fence.
Their attitude is awful..

It ends when they have really great things to announce and nobody listens anymore. Personally i am at this point for a long time. I can´t believe a word anymore, even when i see the positive aspects of PES2019 gameplay it´s hard to look forward as you always feel the real letdowns are hidden and yet to come.

For me, by the way, it's still a problem of gameplay, mainly. I simply don't like where the saga is going in terms of individuality, IA and goalkeepers. Then the second divisions, the atrocious always-the-same ML and the fact the game as a package is simply not on par, just heavily adds to that.

@slamsoze has a point here. This game ranges from a super brand name known into the whole world to a poor resourceless game that needs the support and the comprehension of the fans just depending on when and where it is convenient. The "they are a small team, cut them some slack" argument it's starting to sound quite frankly laughable. The game makes enough money to be at the very least presented better than this. How am I supposed to sympathize with the fact Konami doesn't give enough resources to produce the game but still sell the game (ignoring special offers that exists for every other single game out there) for a reasonably high price? Exactly.. I'm not. They basically want the maximum output with the minimum effort. That's a behaviour that makes me feel all but empathy as a customer.

That said, I'll say it once, I'll say it again.. if you liked enough what you seen in the demo and you are generally happy anyway of what they are giving you, it's more than fair for you to buy the game in my (not requested and not needed) opinion.
The (big) contraddiction to me arises when you not like the direction of the game and still buy it out of habit, lazyness in cancel a preorder or whatever.

they are a small team, cut them some slack" argument it's starting to sound quite frankly laughable

It's like saying:"hey, they have space limitations, don't be angry with them, they had to remove some leagues to add more".

But that doesn't make sense at all because in both cases it's completely their fault. They definitely have a small team developing the game, you can see that, but it's their fault, it's because Konami doesn't want to create a bigger development team to bring Pes into the next gen, while now they are still at Ps2 level development.

I've posted this in retro corner but I felt I needed to in here...

I have been playing PES 2013 again and it's a truly beautiful game ... konami have gone backwards since.

the gameplay, so many fouls, so many different ways of playing, PLAYERS FEEL different on the ball

why have Konami gone backwards so fast? I cant go back to PES 2019 demo after playing this last night

the package is good too ... every stadium in La Liga, stadium editor, Master League is deep and very interesting

PES 2019 will be a shell of a game ... myclub myclub myclub

[Sorry for rant!]

I've posted this in retro corner but I felt I needed to in here...

I have been playing PES 2013 again and it's a truly beautiful game ... konami have gone backwards since.

the gameplay, so many fouls, so many different ways of playing, PLAYERS FEEL different on the ball

why have Konami gone backwards so fast? I cant go back to PES 2019 demo after playing this last night

the package is good too ... every stadium in La Liga, stadium editor, Master League is deep and very interesting

PES 2019 will be a shell of a game ... myclub myclub myclub

[Sorry for rant!]

The ML of PES 2013 was awesome, also the BaL mode! :)
Except the boot feature (but it was removed via DLC).

The issues with ML have been there forever in terms of second divisions/no second divisions, I stopped playing PES as my sole football game in 2007 and the problem was there. 11 years later and nothing changed. All they had to do was give us the option to edit league structures, add the 1-2 additional leagues for each country, add the teams and players we want, add extra cup competitions if necessary, so we can build the proper league and cup structures for the main EU leagues and then ML would have been super. Instead they get it completely arse about face and remove D2's because they added licensed leagues, stupid, we don't care about licenses that's not why we played PES.

Remember when Adam still managed to make a positive impact on the game. Now he is inside the dev team yet his Master League love must be put aside because he has no say about how to develop the mode at all.
They are stubborn, they are so close minded.

Remember when Adam still managed to make a positive impact on the game. Now he is inside the dev team yet his Master League love must be put aside because he has no say about how to develop the mode at all.
They are stubborn, they are so close minded.
He broke an embargo to try and stop that magic boot thing.
How can you go from that to this?

Is there any way of getting Beckham into the offline game modes? I know you can buy in ML but like actually where you can assign him to a team etc?

I've always heard people say you can with the legends but I've never seen it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom