PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys should just deal with the fact that Konami has a much smaller team and less resources than FIFA. So stop overreacting. We PES fans knew this since the beginning. It’s like we signed up for it lol. It was never meant to be this big budget product. Honestly I’m glad the gameplay and graphics are genuinely great this time in a long time. The issues for me are closed down, not as bad as it was last year or before, it feels like this time I can just play a quick match and enjoy the hell out of it.
€60 for a quick game then?
They've announced things,not implementing them,banging the big drum regarding certain features,scoreboards etc,those are a joke.
They tried to hide the disappearance of D2 leagues.
We knew what konami aren't capable of,but this is false advertising and blatant lies.
One hell of a difference.
We been stabbed in the back before,and we've been disappointed before,this is a new low.
Stop making excuses for them.
Like it buy it,but stop pretending it's "ok"

Last edited:
DlDXmT5WwAABs0A.jpg:large

I agree that not every single 60-something rated player in the game has to have their real face, but take a look at this. Would be really fun to play the Danish Superliga against this team, right? It's utterly shocking. One of these is not like the others :D

MY GOD, seriously?! LOL, 90% of them are the same bloody face!

I agree that not every single 60-something rated player in the game has to have their real face, but take a look at this. Would be really fun to play the Danish Superliga against this team, right? It's utterly shocking. One of these is not like the others :D

Maybe in order to do that, they would've had to remove CL and EL from the game. ;)

I feel you. :CRY:
The Danish Superliga faces...unbelievable!

Konami aren't a small company, if they have a small team then that's their choice and shows they don't really care about the franchise or the customers who invest in it, at least not to the extent that any of us would hope.

I can't wrap my head around this apologetic approach that a section of the community has for them, they aren't a plucky little indie developer, they charge full price for a game. It's not illegal to criticise them, it's ok, the police won't arrive and take us away (although they may slide into your dm's and rescind privileges). Blindly praising everything they do (or don't do) isn't going to do anyone any favours, things only improve with constructive feedback and critique. That rings true for life in general.

As far as recent developments, it's frustrating that they are removing features, mind boggling that they are using a database that can't handle the data but it's downright inexcusable to advertise one thing then pretend it was never the case. Player slots isn't a big deal, it really isn't, but it's the falsehood that's the issue.

Well looks like PC version preorders are really poor because now cost 30$ ... I never remember so low cost of new releasing PES.

Well, perhaps they shouldn't have sorted out their game on end August... They haven't finished faces even with IG editor, dafuq...

This is all so rich. I'm almost literally laughing on my couch here. What the hell is the deal with these guys? Utterly shambolic. In addition to the current shit storm, I foresee a fuck up-fest of endless DLCs and patches and updates throughout the year, just to get the content they promised in by, say, april 2019. Wreaking havoc on option files, PC patches and Whatnot. IF these will still be made by the time the smoke clears. No words. So, so unacceptable.

Maybe in order to do that, they would've had to remove CL and EL from the game. ;)

I feel you. :CRY:

That screenshot pretty much sums this up for me.

I'm from Denmark and I can live with that the league of course can't get the same attention as the bigger ones.

But this is just embarrassing. Why would you ever implement that league if you ain't ready to make it cool. It is really just a shirt for every team. That is "IT'S IN THE GAME" .

I can't support this.

But this is just embarrassing
It is. But there is a small chance that owner of the post above is right. They might patch it upon release. They surely owe this to people for so many lies, cover ups and broken promises.
But if you will have to wait few months for a decent patch of the Danish league, than yeah... screw them.

It is. But there is a small chance that owner of the post above is right. They might patch it upon release. They surely owe this to people for so many lies, cover ups and broken promises.
But if you will have to wait few months for a decent patch of the Danish league, than yeah... screw them.

Let's see. I feel Konami need to respond to their potential customers.

And that is not by telling them one more lie, but instead making a promise you can rely on. Fx a heavy patch in late September.

This is just a bad decision from every business perspective and angles that can be taken. It's profits in the pockets, but really hurts the brand's loyalty and integrity. They should have prevented pre-ordering until all the information was released. That's the very big issue with these promotional methods. There is no transparency here - and if anything - that was the opportunity to attempt to remedy the current climate.

Not to start a debate here, but there are times like these in which it feels like PES takes their community for granted, then wonder why they are met with such cynicism and unfiltered feedback.

Player appearances get updated from live updates. And Vendsyssel is included of course, so apart from transfers (like Brandao playing upfront as a new transfer), players like L. Jensen will turn blonde as they are in reality.

Okay. Let's see.

But wow.. Konami is making their own life's hard. I really think they have destroyed every potential momentum.

I feel they are so focused on creating this hype with small anecdotes and indications. After so many years, I really can't understand why they implement so much. Why not implement fewer things but doing it well and keeping the promise all the way.

I actually was positive to begin with. I had a feeling that the additions of leagues was good. But again.. They took every league they could and how successful and real do you guys think each league will feel ?

And meanwhile they did remove two existing leagues. For me it's too easy. They are just trying to acquire market shares by getting more countries leagues in.

But if everything is half implemented that will be a huge blow for them.

I really think it's sad.

They make £2bn a year.
They announce features; fail to implement them and then pretend they didn't announce it to begin with.

Stop making excuses for them.

I didn’t make excuses, the series was built that way, a small team since the beginning. Plus even if Konami makes that money it doesn’t make it from PES. They have a budget to make money from the series. And EA makes double of that. And again FiFa focuses on authenticity and things like that, their gameplay and graphics doesn’t get any better. It all depends on what each focuses on, and we are talking about a yearly release too. So don’t act like it’s an easy thing to do. Konami signing with 9 new leagues and trying to implement them is what probably got most of their time + gameplay/graphics. Both companies operate differently. I just hope next year, they shift their focus onto something different or new.

Player appearances get updated from live updates. And Vendsyssel is included of course, so apart from transfers (like Brandao playing upfront as a new transfer), players like L. Jensen will turn blonde as they are in reality.
You say that with such certainty. I wouldn't bet on it.

I didn’t make excuses, the series was built that way, a small team since the beginning. Plus even if Konami makes that money it doesn’t make it from PES. They have a budget to make money from the series. And EA makes double of that. And again FiFa focuses on authenticity and things like that, their gameplay and graphics doesn’t get any better. It all depends on what each focuses on, and we are talking about a yearly release too. So don’t act like it’s an easy thing to do. Konami signing with 9 new leagues and trying to implement them is what probably got most of their time + gameplay/graphics. Both companies operate differently. I just hope next year, they shift their focus onto something different or new.
You're diverting from the issue.

They announced 40-man squads; they haven't implemented 40-man squads and have now removed all mention of 40-man squads from the PES 2019 website (but clearly forgot the Konami website). Inexplicable behaviour that demonstrates their utter contempt for their customers.

They're a joke.

You're off the mark concerning fifa as gameplay actually has improved over the years. It's very much a playable game these days and allows for customisabality with the sliders.
As for PES I think it is irrelevant whether or not it is "easy" for Konami. As a company they should meet consumer expectation and actually deliver what they say they will. I think we can all agree on that at least.

You're diverting from the issue.

They announced 40-man squads; they haven't implemented 40-man squads and have now removed all mention of 40-man squads from the PES 2019 website (but clearly forgot the Konami website). Inexplicable behaviour.

They're a joke.

If that’s true then sure.

A while ago my cynical side got me thinking : no way are konami going to be able to accurately add these leagues in - in a meaningful way - and the new content actually had me worried that team indivuality and player indivuality would be diluted even further,, drifting away even further from core PES values of old. I am now almost certain this will happen considering what we're slowly seeing unfold here. Unless Konami proves me otherwise these new additions feel like a half assed fan patch so far.

new additions feel like a half assed fan patch so far
I did the whole Bundesliga on PES13. I was doing pixel by pixel to create logos and sponsors on the kits of every team. I also googled every player and created them one by one as good as I could. Took me a week. It was half arsed, but end result was still much better than this! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom