PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The massive blow to Konami sees the 19 licensed clubs and 3 stadiums in PES 2018 reduce to only 19 licensed clubs and 3 stadiums in PES 2019!" :LOL:

(We all know it's really only two though!)
I'm surprised that konami doesn't,given that they use San Siro/Meazza as two stadiums,pull the same stunt with Olimpico and sell that as two stadium,would increase stadium list...

Copy/paste a logo to the same scoreboard? Really.. This is tragic and rather funny

Think about it. Everything in PES is at a PS2 level. The only thing that has changed is the gameplay. For the worse. Haha.

Really.. They should have focused all of their money on a incredible edit mode and gameplay.

This could be one of the hardest year for PES if they destroys the gameplay as usual. The whole "its in the game" PR about licenses is gonna feel so weak when the fact is gonna be that Konami really don't have the resources to use it properly.

The same year as the official presentation is in the biggest 4 leagues plus Champions League and Europa League in FIFA.

It is sad.. But I really just want to get the best out of that game instead.

No changes in PES in terms of Master League
Dreadful handling of the second divisions. The only tiny hope for me is a positive feeling from the demo. But EA really have to deliver some dreadful gameplay before I'm changing my mind.

Sad.

They have just mapped the logo to the scoreboard :LOL:

https://t.co/dZCW8CAn0l
That is... insulting... They really think the PESFANS are idiots... All these new features are just trolling jokes.
New tricks = old tricks new animations, Dynamic real-time lights/shadows = no dynamic at all fake news, Adding Snow = just a big joke, New and better Master League = nope.. fake news again, new leagues = leagues that nobody care and removing twice more, new scoreboard for leagues = just other colour + basic logo on it.. and on and on... I don't know if that is just the new super level of laziness or they just do not give a F* anymore.

Oh my word. That scoreboard. You couldn't make this up if you tried! So utterly, utterly hilarious. "league-specific" scoreboards, really Konami?!

Modders cooked up a proper eredivisie scoreboard in a few hours last year. Complete with replay swipes and everything. This has nothing to do with ineptitude but just a sheer lack of effort. Laughing in our faces indeed.

They would probably need some kind of deal with broadcasters as well to replicate the scoreboards. Or they just can't be arsed. Either way, hardly high on the list of deal breakers.

That scoreboard - Really Bad! Not Style!
I am make better!
bb3b8758628031.5a034165c08aa.png

"be careful what you wish for" and all that but after all this subpar absolute shit I wish pes in its current form would roll over and die already. Or at least somebody take it away from konami. Call it something else and have seabass produce it again please. Or make sure fifa gets the player weight and passing right and I'm all good there.

Really now, enough is enough already. There's taking the piss and then there's taking this to a whole other level.

They would probably need some kind of deal with broadcasters as well to replicate the scoreboards. Or they just can't be arsed. Either way, hardly high on the list of deal breakers.
Nah, each league has their own presentation package that broadcasters can use or not. Neither Sky nor BT use the official Premier League broadcast package that you see elsewhere and is replicated in FIFA.

I know people are fed up of hearing about updates but these 'could' be placeholders. They may get updated in the first DLC. There's is a ton of stuff that needs updating. I think that with all these new leagues, teams and stadiums, thy have created a huge workload. I always think that the PES team is 3 people sitting around a Atari ST. Too much work and not enough bodies.

I don't post often but I must say this...

I like the gameplay very much, the animations and the feel of the game are really good, and I agree that this should be the priority, as it clearly is. The graphics are fantastic as well.

However, since Konami are selling us a product every year, it is unacceptable that every single other thing in this game has been either neglected or amateurish, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of major improvement in terms of the whole package.

The AI is not good enough, the tactics have been the same for what.. 5 years now, and there could be so much more options in terms of team tactics, team situational behaviour, individual instructions, etc. The cameras, the commentary, the scoreboards, the in-game replay angles, the replay viewer, the highlights package, the match rating system, the match stats, the chants, the stadium atmosphere, the crowd reactions, pre-game graphics and , pre-game entrance scene, mid-game moments/reactions, post-game scenes/reactions, cup- and league-related celebrations and pre-/post-game scenes, ML presentation - press conferences, draws, post-match interviews/reactions/consequences, ML personal management, ML team management, better Training mode with challenges, time trials etc., much more expansive Edit Mode with stadium/adboard/ball/kit creator, Stadiums, pitch/net variety, Single Player modes (scenarios, weekly challenges, etc.), Multiplayer modes (e.g. up to 11v11 Pro Clubs-like mode with team rankings, team competitions, leagues, good progression system and incentive to have different styles of players in the team), dedicated servers for online modes, actual working ban system, Transfer market for myClub, top players being much harder to get in myClub, incentive to build a strong team, rather than just buy the best players, i.e. a better "team spirit" system, punish 4-1-5 formations, create some sort of Goal of the week competition, with prizes, give players incentive to engage more.

This is quite a lot, isn't it? Nobody expects them to do it in a year, but almost everything on this list is currently either non-existent or below average. They haven't been making progress, it's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Had they revamped some of those things every year, we would have a decent package by now. And everything on this list is doable, even without the resources that EA has. The fact of the matter is, Konami are selling this solid 8/10 gameplay combined with everything else at 1/10 to 4/10 at the most. This is THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM effort, and they have been getting away with it for 10+ years.

Nah, each league has their own presentation package that broadcasters can use or not. Neither Sky nor BT use the official Premier League broadcast package that you see elsewhere and is replicated in FIFA.

Yes the fact that there are probably dozens of different broadcast styles out there it is impossible to get them bang on.

What they could do though is use the same colour scheme as the official one, use decent camera angles for replays and give the commentary a bit of love.

Really? Is this confirmed? Not fussed about this in and of itself but it again speaks volumes about effort put in. If all "new" leagues are like this... Hooo boy. Getting the popcorn ready for the backlash already!

I guess he is referring to the newly added teams. Zenit, CKSA and whoever else was in last year all have faces.

I wouldn't expect a backlash either. Whenever Konami release faces, we hear the "who cares!" line. So when they don't, a big deal is made about it. Dammed if they do. Dammed if they don't.

I thought that the lack of teams was shit even back in the PS2 days, when FIFA had the top 4 tiers in England and a selection of others around Europe, while in PES you only had the top divisions.

Yeah, people made OFs to include various lower leagues, but the structure of ML was still only a 16 team top division and 8 team 2nd division... Even if you put Rangers and Celtic in the 2nd division then you'd end up with 2 "foreign" teams in your ML with the on-disc teams, which was ridiculous even back then.

Now it's absolutely inexcusable and beyond amateurish to still have problems with simple stuff like this in 2018 on current hardware. Those shitty scoreboards as well... Konami are a laughing stock.

Also, Konami's first DLC pack needs to be special. People expect stadiums, faces, gameplan player photos, updated scoreboards, ect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom