PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit that even if i'm fairly disappointed, i've retried the Demo.
And now, i hesitate... For many reason in my concern.
Many things comes in my mind, i'm more calm to think about it, let's be honest:

-It's the best PES gameplay at least for me i've ever played, since the 360 degrees multidirectionnal thing. Like i've said, there's two or three teams in intern, i don't blame the "Gameplay/Graphics/Physics/Tactics" (let's says "On the pitch" section) because i don't think they've got something in less than Fifa on that part... I largely prefers the PES style.

-I've retried PES 2018 even on Legend level, there's no match between both, in terms of challenge. Don't re-tried 17 version btw. PES 2013, well not too much my taste in terms of physics, defending, goalkeeping.
Fifa? I didn't liked the game since the PS4 era, it bores me very quick. But really liked the 08, 10, 11, 13, 14 version and PES was my "second option" on this PS360 era. It's only since PES 2014 that it became my first football game option.

-I've recently buyed a 4k TV HDR (thanks to Lami) for my PS4 pro especially for the occasion of 4 games:
God of War / Sekiro : Shadows die twice / Ghost of tsushima... And PES 2019.
But also rebuilding a new living room: i don't play anymore on my little desk room.
I'll have to wait a long time before trying both "Souls like" games... And there's no other game i'm interested in.
So, this season 18/19 is important for me, i've got all the material but if i don't have nothing to start playing with it soon...

-I'm questionning myself about boycott the game... Especially in my case as i explained, time is precious, even one year.
It is the only solution? I really don't want PES to disappears, or being buyed by EA, for having an hybrid type of game.
Perhaps complaining all the year, feedbacks, make them pressure for the next version...
But if i decide to buy the game, and things remains the same next year, i swear that i won't gives them a singe penny.
Like i've said, this gaming season for me is very particular... And i don't say everything, it's not really the thread "my life " here.

I really want to boycott the game for the principe and the community, but i don't think i will resist this year :LOL:

yep a place where people gather round the fire and moan from morning till dusk, it's a if some get a kick out of bashing Konami at every turn, it's not going to change anything the decision was taken because new licences have been gained and they want to integrate them into PES2019 for this year there's a bit of a trade off.
On the other hand there are some people here who only praise Konami, and anytime someone tries to rightfully complain they immediately dismiss it as "moaning".
Well, there were some people. Not sad about that, not a bit.

Brasil team PES2019

Dk_bUQhX0AEy408.jpg
NOOOOO!!! They could've brought back the likes of Allejo, Cicero, Fontana... What a chance they've blown. :CRY:

Adam's response is a total slap in the face, doesn't address the underlying issue at all, offers no promise that things will change. As someone pointed out before, now there will be even less people playing ML so the "data" will tell Konami they don't need to focus on it or offline any more.

Makes sense why they got rid of those
2nd divisions this year, it’s so they can introduce them next year into the game as something new.

I don't think all was planned, and don't believe to the PES complotism. The reason is way more simple and dumb.

Please explain why Saitama Stadium is pointless :S.

Pointless is probably the wrong word to be fair but it has very little use with the team that play there not even in Master League with no J-League on the game.

I guess at least with Saitama it's already built so it doesn't really matter if it's in or not. I still maintain it's a strange decision to be including the Alianza Lima stadium though. They like telling us how there's limited resources and time to make stadiums etc yet they're making one for a team who only feature in the game as part of "Other South American teams".

Meanwhile you've got Danish, Belgian and Russian leagues fully licensed with no stadiums. It's just such a shame as stadiums are the one bit of presentation where PES actually does it better than FIFA.

I dont say the contrary @Jimi_Zuko , i was responding about the 2nd removal for the sake of reintroducing them as "something new" next year.
Of course they'll mention it as a "feature", we know them... Well, only if they increase their storage in Edit.bin file for next year.

I'll admit that even if i'm fairly disappointed, i've retried the Demo.
And now, i hesitate... For many reason in my concern.
Many things comes in my mind, i'm more calm to think about it, let's be honest:

-It's the best PES gameplay at least for me i've ever played, since the 360 degrees multidirectionnal thing. Like i've said, there's two or three teams in intern, i don't blame the "Gameplay/Graphics/Physics/Tactics" (let's says "On the pitch" section) because i don't think they've got something in less than Fifa on that part... I largely prefers the PES style.

-I've retried PES 2018 even on Legend level, there's no match between both, in terms of challenge. Don't re-tried 17 version btw. PES 2013, well not too much my taste in terms of physics, defending, goalkeeping.
Fifa? I didn't liked the game since the PS4 era, it bores me very quick. But really liked the 08, 10, 11, 13, 14 version and PES was my "second option" on this PS360 era. It's only since PES 2014 that it became my first football game option.

-I've recently buyed a 4k TV HDR (thanks to Lami) for my PS4 pro especially for the occasion of 4 games:
God of War / Sekiro : Shadows die twice / Ghost of tsushima... And PES 2019.
But also rebuilding a new living room: i don't play anymore on my little desk room.
I'll have to wait a long time before trying both "Souls like" games... And there's no other game i'm interested in.
So, this season 18/19 is important for me, i've got all the material but if i don't have nothing to start playing with it soon...

-I'm questionning myself about boycott the game... Especially in my case as i explained, time is precious, even one year.
It is the only solution? I really don't want PES to disappears, or being buyed by EA, for having an hybrid type of game.
Perhaps complaining all the year, feedbacks, make them pressure for the next version...
But if i decide to buy the game, and things remains the same next year, i swear that i won't gives them a singe penny.
Like i've said, this gaming season for me is very particular... And i don't say everything, it's not really the thread "my life " here.

I really want to boycott the game for the principe and the community, but i don't think i will resist this year :LOL:

Very honest your post. I play PES series since ISS PRO 98. I'm always thankful to Konami because in a few games they have achieved the closest representation of the beautiful game. Their games are not perfect but there are magic moments.

My boycott is very unusual, I always buy the game because I don't want the saga to disappear and when the game is great then I buy the digital copy too. So Konami sales are twice when they produce a better game.

I think this year demo on Profesional, PA 0, advanced through balls is the closest representation of football we've ever had.

Not played master league for a few years so what happens if you do a Master league with say Aberdeen and got relegated?
Do you not get relegated or are you relegated to a fake league?
this is my main gripe also, I played with Ajax on pes 2017 becouse I skipped 2018, when season was over teams from d2 league enter the Eredivisie. Now as I understand that there will be no d2 league for other leagues except English and French leagues. This will be probably League mode with all stuff but no relegation...
I must say game will be better for international club comeptitions in Europe becouse more leagues are in

Actually the other Europe teams were moved to PEA League that is/was supposed to be replaced by CSL...

My feeling is that we won't get CSL and these European teams will play AFC Champion's League :')...

PS: Don't worry, if they don't put CSL I plan to create an OF to replace PEA by North Korean league XD.

PS2: For real.
This whole 'supposed to be a placeholder for CSL' is something that's been dreamed up. I doubt it's ever been on Konami's agenda; let alone putting in leagues as placeholders. Fanciful stuff.

I think this year demo on Profesional, PA 0, advanced through balls is the closest representation of football we've ever had.
And that's why I'm not canceling my preorder, despite being tempted to do so.
On the pitch it plays great. I wouldn't even be scared/annoyed by the lack of Serie B if they gave us the chance to create and add our own leagues (of course going to tell the game in which nation they should belong and which tier they should represent) but I don't see Konami doing so anytime soon.

I pre-ordered the game for less than 30€ and I'm not ashamed to say that seeing the way Konami have been treating us lately they're just about the most I could give them this time around.
You offer less, you get less in return.

And it's a person who has bought 2 copies of PES 2015, 2 of PES 2016 and 2 of PES 2017 speaking (I have all those games for PC and for Xbox One), and who has bought twice some older games too (as I lost some of them while moving houses, most likely, or maybe someone borrowed them from me during the period in which I used to play FIFA and never gave them back).

Haha! Jaysus what a mess!
No promotions/relegations in two major leagues, no sponsors, no kits, wrong rosters, too small squad numbers, no stadiums (altho im sure AC Horsens fans from Denmark will be extatic to play on San Siro or something :D)

Gameplay on the pitch looks really promising this year, but it almost looks like once they got playable version, they spent the rest of the year just playing it and forgot to actually develop and optimise the rest...

I have never been a member of any PES forum before. Is it always such a mess at the start? Or is this year special? :D

No promotions/relegations in two major leagues, no sponsors, no kits, wrong rosters, too small squad numbers, no stadiums (altho im sure AC Horsens fans from Denmark will be extatic to play on San Siro or something :D)

Gameplay on the pitch looks really promising this year, but it almost looks like once they got playable version, they spent the rest of the year just playing it and forgot to actually develop and optimise the rest...

I have never been a member of any PES forum before. Is it always such a mess at the start? Or is this year special? :D

Always like this. Every year the more we are near release, worse infos are leaked. This year is earlier because the game releases earlier too.

Always like this.
Ah, thats not bad so. (Or is it?) :D
In the past I probably overlooked a lot of things coz usually I just start ML and play it till the death. So all issues Im observing are usually only related to leagues/teams/tournaments that Im participating in.

I have 25 years of supporting Konami. I, just like everyone else in here, have every right to finally say enough. Maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing if they pulled the plug. EA could hire Konami boyos responsible for ball physics and we could all end up with a complete, great football game.
Its actually more possible than that Konami will deliver a proper product.

No, thank you. EA is bad already as it is, I'm scared to even imagine how it would be if they had no competition left.

I've recently buyed a 4k TV HDR (thanks to Lami) for my PS4 pro
Yo! Which TV did you end up with? You can PM me btw. Don't forget to calibrate, at least using the settings on rtings are a good start.
Add -1 speed to that list and that's me :D

Perfect weight and pace.

No, thank you
Ah yeah, I just said it coz he was insisting on letting it all go and keep supporting Konami, which I personally find naive and sheepish. Competition is good and healthy. Pity we only have two major football games.

The second time You have to say You are a new member means Your invisibility cloak has fallen off.

Your first post said You felt better since You vented a bit.

Suggest You stop the spammed venting 7 times a day.

Thought Im being part of discussion. Im not coming here saying burn them all.
You see my posts as a spam? Apologies. I'll take a few steps back.

You are very wrong here. There are a lot of people who play PES only for ML, and love to start a campaign from D2. I'm one of them. Imagine those people only playing Italian or Spanish campaigns. There goes their ML. Gone. No more fun D2 campaign anymore. That means there's no point buying the game. Unless you expect them to part with their money regardless, because donation?

if that is the case then they really might feel disappointed and that's understandable. getting all hyped and angry about it and trying to start a movement to not buy the game just seems a little extreme to me though. there are much more licensed leagues this year, which is also what a lot of fans asked for so.......
it's just how you look at it.
for some the fun lies in the gameplay. that is key. the content is just a bonus and when it comes to this kind of gameplay i just don't see a better choice.
if playing ML and starting with with D2 is the only satisfaction some get out of playing the game then the disappointment is understandable

You are very wrong here. There are a lot of people who play PES only for ML, and love to start a campaign from D2. I'm one of them. Imagine those people only playing Italian or Spanish campaigns. There goes their ML. Gone. No more fun D2 campaign anymore. That means there's no point buying the game. Unless you expect them to part with their money regardless, because donation?

That's exactly my case. Pes 2018 was not very good in gameplay department but i learned to like it because i had a Master League going on starting from Italian Serie B, Challenge mode and trying to be successfull as a manager and bring a lower division team to Serie A and even further if i could. Changed many teams in Serie B, was fired many times, but in the end i managed to improve with Cittadella, brought them in Serie A, also reached Champions League qualification the first year and was on first place the second year.

Now all of that is gone and i don't know why i should buy a game that instead of giving me more options to enjoy myself removes them from me. Why should i buy it? I see no reason anymore considering the demo showed that even if gameplay is an improvement there are still too many issues coming straight from Pes 2018.

Last edited:
Question; has it been confirmed that if you start a ML in Spain or Italy you don't get a D2? I seem to remember that in PES6 they did something where D2 was made up of other teams, not specific to the country where the team you picked was based. I'm sure I played with Spurs (North East London) and had some Spanish teams in D2 initially; it's been a while so I might be wrong. It's not ideal, but it would still mean you could get promoted / relegated

Question; has it been confirmed that if you start a ML in Spain or Italy you don't get a D2? I seem to remember that in PES6 they did something where D2 was made up of other teams, not specific to the country where the team you picked was based. I'm sure I played with Spurs (North East London) and had some Spanish teams in D2 initially; it's been a while so I might be wrong. It's not ideal, but it would still mean you could get promoted / relegated

The fake league they added can't be used as a fake D2, so now if you start in Spain or Italy you can't have a second division. That's on consoles, maybe on Pc something could be done with external tools, but not with ingame editing.

So they've attributed the issue to edit file limitations, but then they've mentioned there's a one more league they've yet to add. Doesn't that also mean another D2 league will bite the dust? Kind of confused here.

So they've attributed the issue to edit file limitations, but then they've mentioned there's a one more league they've yet to add. Doesn't that also mean another D2 league will bite the dust? Kind of confused here.

As i understand, the league they still have to announce is Liga Aguila and that is already ingame.

zlac has explained it already.

The database isn't the problem here, you can add as much .bin files as you want.

The problem is the EDIT.bin file which only can handle about 150 teams. So as long as Konami is adding licensed leagues, it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom