PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the first time I actually see them replying to people on facebook about this issue and trying to explain themselves. Until now they simply ignored every complain.
But there is nothing to explain. They removed it (for whatever reason) then they covered it up and waited till last minute. And they most likely wouldnt say anything until release if it wasnt for people who dug into the code. So here we are now. Trying to be sneaky didnt really work out and kicked them in the bollox. Rightfully so.
Exactly. Instead of being forward they chose the sneaky approach. "never treat your customers like idiots"

The sad thing is, this is yet another decision which insults ML users which means less people will use the mode, so when they analyse the numbers to make more ''compromise" decisions ML will suffer even more. Endless shitty cycle.

Don't know anything about FIFAs career mode but it might be finally time tonchrck out Matt's sliders and buy that game instead, what have I got to lose?
It is very much a conscious decision to force players to move away from offline and towards myclub and dollars. Genuine tip : give fifa a go, I doubt you'll be disappointed. You'll have to get over the initial "hold on, this ain't PES" feeling but I think you'll find the gameplay to be more PES - like than ever before. At least that was the case for fifa 17 and 18 for me. Greatly enjoyed those after pes wore thin for me. Really, really solid shooting as well. Features and presentation up to the - excuse me French - fucking eyeballs as well of course. The fifa commentary team is almost soothing when compared to the abysmal, nonsensical gibberish that is PES commentary. That alone almost makes it worth it to at least give it a chance.

It is very much a conscious decision to force players to move away from offline and towards myclub and dollars. Genuine tip : give fifa a go, I doubt you'll be disappointed. You'll have to get over the initial "hold on, this ain't PES" feeling but I think you'll find the gameplay to be more PES - like than ever before. At least that was the case for fifa 17 and 18 for me. Greatly enjoyed those after pes wore thin for me. Really, really solid shooting as well. Features and presentation up to the - excuse me French - fucking eyeballs as well of course. The fifa commentary team is almost soothing when compared to the abysmal, nonsensical gibberish that is PES commentary. That alone almost makes it worth it to at least give it a chance.
I used to be the guy who thought Fifa is just plain presentation and shit Gameplay. I was led to believe, and maybe brainwashed that PES gameplay is the best and FIFA is only for FUT kids with their mom's credit card. A friend made me try it and I was surprised. Sliders do wonders.

Chiefofmarketing_Danielrh is now banned.
Don't know what triggered it but that seems on the money. He was given a lot of respect and wiggle room here - and rightfully so, every new member should. But I got the feeling the one-sidedness to his approach would not go over well sooner or later. I watched WENB burn down to the ground and if I remember correctly he did a lot to fan the flames. A cesspool if there ever was one, fascinating to say the least.

Daniel, it's difficult to discern your purpose in frequenting this forum.

You spend an awful lot of time defending konami from criticism whilst promoting their product with phrases such as 'can'
wait to play with arsenal in the Emirates. What are you looking forward to?' As if this were in any way appropriate in a games forum.

Why are you defending them?
On what basis do you consider it appropriate for one individual to in any way attempt to govern or criticise a customer's view of the product of a company?
Fshas I understand where you're coming from but it's quite simple. He is (or was I should say) a company shill. Nothing more than that. Probably got his hands on an a early copy of the game for it or something.

Don't know what triggered it but that seems on the money. He was given a lot of respect and wiggle room here - and rightfully so, every new member should. But I got the feeling the one-sidedness to his approach would not go over well sooner or later. I watched WENB burn down to the ground and if I remember correctly he did a lot to fan the flames. A cesspool if there ever was one, fascinating to say the least.

Tbh, I've expected better things to come out of that fiasco than what we've actually had to deal with since. Guess it figures that place went down the drain.

Sorry for the narcistic self-quote but I should clarify I'm talking about offline Career (or ML in the case of pes) only.

@robbieryan not gonna push FIFA in this thread,but I've played 15-18 off and on (16 a hell of lot)
And it's good,my concern with FIFA is,it gets "dull" after a while ,I never get around to more than 2-3 seasons
Liked 17 a lot.
It's a good compliment to pes.
I'd say when Pes is as it's best,it's much better than FIFA (gameplay experience).
My fix is getting back to retro Pes instead.
Sorry for the OT,there's other threads for it

Genuine tip : give fifa a go, I doubt you'll be disappointed

Sorry for off topic, but I second this. I wasnt a big fan of PES18 (no fouls, injuries and penalties was killing Master League experience for me) so I did give fifa18 a go. Took a while, had to play around with the sliders but at the end it was a very solid game. So if anyone is on the fence or want a break from PES, while still having a football game to play - give it a go.

Finally he is banned. He was 9n here for PR reasons only and it was pretty obvious he was just trying to give us what we wanted to hear.

A boycott of the game will be particuarly damaging to Konami with the newly paid for licenses. Hopefully they will see a bunch of licences no one asked for isnt a fix for the genuine shortcomings of the game.

Finally he is banned. He was 9n here for PR reasons only and it was pretty obvious he was just trying to give us what we wanted to hear.

A boycott of the game will be particuarly damaging to Konami with the newly paid for licenses. Hopefully they will see a bunch of licences no one asked for isnt a fix for the genuine shortcomings of the game.
Well a lot of people asked for the Turkish League.

I used to be the guy who thought Fifa is just plain presentation and shit Gameplay. I was led to believe, and maybe brainwashed that PES gameplay is the best and FIFA is only for FUT kids with their mom's credit card. A friend made me try it and I was surprised. Sliders do wonders.
I was right there with you circa 7 - 10 years ago. To be fair I do think the difference really was THAT pronounced back then. Pes really still was gameplay and fifa was all shine and gloss. Disclaimer: just my opinion of course. I got fifa 15 on a free for PC (pes 15 was so horrific in my eyes, skipped that) and that was a real eye opener for me. I've gotten Fifa 17 and 18 for half price both and they were worth every penny. Fifa is only "inferior" to me in terms of player weight and "oomph" when passing. That used to be the case for shooting as well but, at least last year, fifas shooting model is light years ahead.

Edit: I understand I'm veering way off topic here so I'll dispense with the comparison talk.

Fshas I understand where you're coming from but it's quite simple. He is (or was I should say) a company shill. Nothing more than that. Probably got his hands on an a early copy of the game for it or something.

Koningfrikandel, having watched him bring so much toxicity to Wenb over the last year or so, and having never really engaged with him, I just wanted to give him a polite opportunity to explain himself.

The outright lies he has spread after playtests since pes 2017 have been beyond comprehension at times. The most frustrating being about pa1, which he's peddled since a 2017 playtest. Not to mention the physical threats he made over on Wenb.

Honestly, I think he's done as much damage as anyone to pes's reputation in the community. For those of us (the overwhelming majority) who understand it's just a game, yet still yearn for a time when pes was an almost transcendent experience designed by people who seemed hell bent on giving us more than we expected, he was especially infuriating.

Koningfrikandel, having watched him bring so much toxicity to Wenb over the last year or so, and having never really engaged with him, I just wanted to give him a polite opportunity to explain himself.

The outright lies he has spread after playtests since pes 2017 have been beyond comprehension at times. The most frustrating being about pa1, which he's peddled since a 2017 playtest. Not to mention the physical threats he made over on Wenb.

Honestly, I think he's done as much damage as anyone to pes's reputation in the community. For those of us (the overwhelming majority) who understand it's just a game, yet still yearn for a time when pes was an almost transcendent experience designed by people who seemed hell bent on giving us more than we expected, he was especially infuriating.
Threats? I'm interested. Please PM as I don't want the thread to go rogue.

I applaud at the intellectual honesty of banning him despite his position. As long as that's how you guys gonna handle this place, we won't end like wenb. And by the way I've always found particularly silly that somebody working for Konami would come in a basically free place to patronize people and play 100% advocate/advertising guy the way he did.

@robbieryan not gonna push FIFA in this thread,but I've played 15-18 off and on (16 a hell of lot)
And it's good,my concern with FIFA is,it gets "dull" after a while ,I never get around to more than 2-3 seasons
Liked 17 a lot.
It's a good compliment to pes.
I'd say when Pes is as it's best,it's much better than FIFA (gameplay experience).
My fix is getting back to retro Pes instead.
Sorry for the OT,there's other threads for it

Sorry for off topic, but I second this. I wasnt a big fan of PES18 (no fouls, injuries and penalties was killing Master League experience for me) so I did give fifa18 a go. Took a while, had to play around with the sliders but at the end it was a very solid game. So if anyone is on the fence or want a break from PES, while still having a football game to play - give it a go.

Thanks for the posts guys I will take this to the FIFA or comparison thread soon with some questions. essentially I don't like FIFAs out the box ganeplay and that's what's stopped me in the last, so have questions around sliders I'll be posting soon. Cheers

I feel sorry for his position... Not because he was banned, but because he said he's an Arsenal fan, that has to be rough right now

At least at the time of his ban he was watching Man Utd struggle against Brighton. :D

It was frustrating and basically did seem he was only interested in marketing the game, tried to give him the benefit of the doubt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom