PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gotten to a point where Konami needs to change this 'small team' mentality.
Think ahead. Think bigger.

I'm pretty sure they started working on PES 2019 with an idea in mind but then later on the developing stages more league agreements were closed (like Russian League, Turkish League, etc) but it was already too late to change the whole database system and re-arrange everything to make everything fit. So they had to give something up.

And this is a problem. Because the game should have been prepared for this scenario ever since PS4 and XBOX ONE came out. Because it is rather fucking obvious that as technologies advance, databases will get bigger. Textures will be heavier. File Sizes will be larger. You can't start changing these things ONCE you need them. You need to think ahead. Prepare the structures of the game so that when the time comes, you are ready.

Can any of you see something like this happening to EA/FIFA? No way, right?.
Why? Because while they are working on this generation's games (like FIFA) they are already preparing the next engine, the next game, taking into consideration what they MAY or MAY NOT need in the future.

What's Konami 'modus operandi'?.
-Hey, we should change engine next year? This one's starting to feel dated
-I agree. Let's finish this year's game and we'll start working on that.
-Cool bro
-Yeah bro

So improvised. So amateur. So indie.

So most issues we face come exactly FROM this kind of behaviour. Not just the database slots -As Adam called it- but pretty much everything is decided right there, on the spot.
I can't understand one thing, when Pes moved to Fox engine back in 2014 we were astonished about what we will get knowing how Metal Gear looked and how much actually powerfull that engine is, probably the most. I am not engineer or had anything with computer designing but was evident even after 4 releases of same genre, only 2k spprts was real rival graphically here. With pes 2019 konami will reach the limit with Fox engine graphically now, not with pes 2014. So my question ia how this engine that is not too old has limits like this when even better looking games using it. Two things come to my mind, konami is not fully using it or they f****d up things with programing Pes...

Ahhh, this is more like it!

All this positivity about the demo was making this place unrecognizable!

Evo-Web is back!

yep a place where people gather round the fire and moan from morning till dusk, it's a if some get a kick out of bashing Konami at every turn, it's not going to change anything the decision was taken because new licences have been gained and they want to integrate them into PES2019 for this year there's a bit of a trade off.

I can't understand one thing, when Pes moved to Fox engine back in 2014 we were astonished about what we will get knowing how Metal Gear looked and how much actually powerfull that engine is, probably the most. I am not engineer or had anything with computer designing but was evident even after 4 releases of same genre, only 2k spprts was real rival graphically here. With pes 2019 konami will reach the limit with Fox engine graphically now, not with pes 2014. So my question ia how this engine that is not too old has limits like this when even better looking games using it. Two things come to my mind, konami is not fully using it or they f****d up things with programing Pes...
It's Kojima's engine. They fucked up when they got rid of him. His Fed-Ex Simulator (Death Stranding) will be a huge success of the back of another engine he created. They probably can't make Fox work like Kojima can.
Edit - Apologies. Death Stranding is using Decima engine, not created by Looking.

Last edited:
yep a place where people gather round the fire and moan from morning till dusk, it's a if some get a kick out of bashing Konami at every turn, it's not going to change anything the decision was taken because new licences have been gained and they want to integrate them into PES2019 for this year there's a bit of a trade off.
"moan", I take offense at that even though I hardly post here. Trying to downplay this "decision / bit of a trade off" is also potentially an insult to many here. I have followed the shenanigans here with some amusement from a distance but your one-sided view on all things PES is quite interesting to me.

This is a discussion forum, therefore things will be discussed. This thread in particular is for discussing news concerning pes 2019. If that news is reason for "moaning", then there will be "moaning". If there is good news or when the gameplay is good, there will be praise. The demo thread around its release is a good example of that.

I think it would benefit all sides if both good and bad would be discussed. Trying to squash negativity, especially if there is good reason for it will more than likely fan the flames more than anything else.

We're not the ones fn up here. Blame Konami, not us. Thanks.

Could you confirm what you said earlier about it only being a year before 2nd divisions are back in?

"moan", I take offense at that even though I hardly post here. Trying to downplay this "decision / bit of a trade off" is also potentially an insult to many here. I have followed the shenanigans here with some amusement from a distance but your one-sided view on all things PES is quite interesting to me.

This is a discussion forum, therefore things will be discussed. This thread in particular is for discussing news concerning pes 2019. If that news is reason for "moaning", then there will be "moaning". If there is good news or when the gameplay is good, there will be praise. The demo thread around its release is a good example of that.

I think it would benefit all sides if both good and bad would be discussed. Trying to squash negativity, especially if there is good reason for it will more than likely fan the flames more than anything else.
Exactly. If your child is crying, would you tell 'em to stop moaning or ask what's wrong and try to fix that?

Really poor from you. The missing second divisions is a valid concern and for the most part has been discussed in a pretty civil manner, posts like this don't help though. Regarding the missing second divisions people are bashing Konami because Master League has been downgraded for them, just because you only play online doesn't make this a non-issue.

Just to make another quick point.

People jump on Asim, Adam etc. like they have any say whatsoever in development and/or Konami's priority when making the game. They don't.

But.

lX0ey7f.jpg

It just seems like - I don't know, a conflict of interest? - for their social media manager to be saying "you're all babies".

It's difficult to like Konami, if I'm being incredibly frank. (Not that it's their social media team's fault in general). But we may end up seeing more posts like these (as posted by @Goldstone).

kvMnvtI.png

It must be a new record to be onto the whole 'it'll be fixed in PES2020' style shilling when 2019 isn't even out yet! :DD
It would be fitting - and I say this with a tinge of sadness - if this would mean no one would buy the game until pes2020. That would mean the demise of pes most likely, but I suppose pes is just pes in name nowadays. I will be getting it regardless this year because it's dirt cheap on steam sales and I stand to get a few dozen hours out of it at least. But I would not miss pes if it were to disappear. I have all those old pes games waiting - pes 5 being the eternal best football game ever - and I like fifas's gameplay nowadays.

People jump on Asim, Adam etc. like they have any say whatsoever in development and/or Konami's priority when making the game. They don't.

But.

This is the kind of post that Asim - their social media manager - likes. (As in, literally, has pressed the "like" button. Along with others involved in PES PR and events.)

lX0ey7f.jpg

https://twitter.com/NicoDiMaria_/status/1030806297418100741

(Incidentally, this tweet is from a guy who hates Evo-Web and isn't shy about that fact, if I remember rightly.)

It just seems like - I don't know, a conflict of interest? - for their social media manager to be saying, essentially, "fuck your feedback, you big babies".

It's difficult to like Konami, if I'm being incredibly frank.
We've been through this before with the Lami and the R word incident, haven't we?

it's not going to change anything

Quite the opposite. It will change a lot. There's a lot of people who have already decided that this is their last PES and a lot who have cancelled their pre orders. A lot of them are loyal supporters, who were standing by Konami since the beginning. How long do you think they can keep kids playing myClub? More or less until next Fortnite or some other GTA comes out. PES was doing ok because it had a strong core of old school supporters. And now they are slowly getting sick of waiting for next year to see a complete, decent product...
and then next year...and next year...3 year plan...4 year plan...gtfo

We're not the ones fn up here. Blame Konami, not us. Thanks.

the database has been a certain size for years and this year new licences/leagues (and one more to be announced) have been acquired so to incorporate them into the PES2019 a trade off happened for this year, this give Konami a year to work on having a larger database that can also work with OF's as well.

Back up to last year,lots of good and positive vibes in here,back up to the release of the demo,lots of good feedback.
Back up a few pages and the news of no D2 leagues (discovered by the community,not a statement from official Konami) and it all goes down the shitter.
And you call it "bashing"?
It's frustration,it's being let down once again.
I think you've misread this community when coming in,it's very few of us who cares about Myclub and Pes league,I think you would know that by now?

Still you think we bash and whine about Pes 19?
No,it's the bread and butter of our gaming,the ML that has been reduced, mistreated and not cared for by konami,this year we've been stabbed in the back on that mode.
Simply because Konami decides to take away that for us?

Who are you to decide how we should deal with that?
Who are you to decide our critism?
Simply by calling it "konami bashing"
Seriously?
You're on a very thin line when it comes to credibility in here mate.
Let us grieve the way we want to,let us be disappointed that konami has taken a step back with ML the way we want.

But.

This is the kind of post that Asim - their social media manager - likes. (As in, literally, has pressed the "like" button. Along with others involved in PES PR and events.)

lX0ey7f.jpg

(Incidentally, this tweet is from a guy who hates Evo-Web and isn't shy about that fact, if I remember rightly.)

It just seems like - I don't know, a conflict of interest? - for their social media manager to be saying, essentially, "fuck your feedback, you big babies".

It's difficult to like Konami, if I'm being incredibly frank.
Chris - a PR disaster is what they are and represent. Could you imagine the company you work at communicating with its customers in this manner? I think all these incidents, flat out lies and posts are just hilarious and fascinating. The passing assistance BS. The leagues. The hollowing out of ML. All the PC issues last year (and this year as well from the looks of it) with the stuttering and random framerates. All swept under the rug or flat out denied or ignored. I have better discussions with my 6 year old stepson. Almost scientology - esque the way they twist everything around. What's almost worrying to me is that "some of these people" tend to generally get worked up about feedback. Then in the next movement turn around and call the feedback useless or the people giving it babies.

Louis Theroux could have a field day documenting all this if it weren't so trivial. Could you image a discussion, face to face, with him and the likes of Asim? Luckily I'm not invested into the series as much as I used to be otherwise I would be seething right now, as a lot of people rightfully are. As it is, this whole debacle continues to be fascinating to me.

But.

lX0ey7f.jpg

It's difficult to like Konami, if I'm being incredibly frank. I hope we see more people noticing.
Nico was moderator on wenb forums, I was on that forum also years ago until it became poisonous. If I had a firm and my employees react in this manner like Asim or Adam who decided to mute his account 10 days before releasing product, both of them will be fired. At least they ahould know when to keep their mouths shut. Total disgrace to people like us who actually buy the game so they can get their funds at the end of the month

the database has been a certain size for years and this year new licences/leagues (and one more to be announced) have been acquired so to incorporate them into the PES2019 a trade off happened for this year, this give Konami a year to work on having a larger database that can also work with OF's as well.

Not a reason to dismiss criticism by players here. If online players like yourself don't see this as an issue then fine, honestly. But don't dismiss those who make a valid criticism because it goes against the hype for the game. You have no right to tell us what we should criticise/praise.

Really poor from you. The missing second divisions is a valid concern and for the most part has been discussed in a pretty civil manner, posts like this don't help though. Regarding the missing second divisions people are bashing Konami because Master League has been downgraded for them, just because you only play online doesn't make this a non-issue.

In a discussion both sides should be able to speak out. Otherwise there won't be a discussion.

I don't care about second divisions, but I do understand the "moaning" about the removal. I don't understand why they did it. Space can't be it.

I want everybody to enjoy PES in their own way, it's a shame that it they took it away. They need more buyers, this is not the way. Konami has always removed things and some of them were good. They don't build anymore. Keeping the good stuff, remove the bad stuff, put some new shizzle in and your building. They just change to call it a change, not to make it a better game.

With all due respect, I don't think it's people 'bashing Konami' just to get a kick out of it.

This is a product that we pay for, not a cheap product either, so as consumers we're entitled to moan about it if the product isn't up to scratch/or what we thought we were ordering.

For example me; I can't remember how many years I've been buying this game, it's almost become a dirty habit, and I was thinking today about what I like about it.

My usual routine that I enjoyed going back a few years was this.
Open game, play the Copa Libertadores to get used to the new gameplay.
Crack open edit mode and customise my experience.
Play a master league with Espanyol.
Start an offline community league with my friends that we could tuck into when we're available to do so.
Eventually start BAL that would last me until the new demo was released.

That was my annual PES routine which I loved. Recent years have butchered my experience but I still held out hope that things would change. I know, it's the hope that kills you. But lets now look at what I can enjoy from that old routine I loved so much.

Copa Libertadores has gone.
Edit mode has stagnated badly (player creation feels like it's actually regressed)
Master league is badly in need of attention, and now the Spanish league is ruined with no 2nd tier.
Offline community mode was taken away.
BAL is.. well what is the situation there? It's either gone this year or still in need of any kind of attention.

So I'm not happy, I was lured in this time with the excitement of new leagues, and now I regret said excitement. But I'm not being abusive to people, I've made my feelings known respectfully via official channels and will continue to do so in the hope that one day my voice can be heard. It's all we can do as an unhappy community. Either that or not buying, what would you rather them/I do?

I'm aware I'm a part of the new minority, the old school PES player who cares not for MyClub, but I still pay the price for a game so I'm entitled to an opinion, and it's ok to be critical about things, as long as it's done in the right way. We shouldn't be grateful about a game, or thankful to the developers, excusing them for what we feel are bad/illogical decisions. This is a company charging us for a product, it's not a present or reward, it's a product. If a product falsl short then the consumer can complain and/or shop elsewhere.

Apologies, it's a rant. Not aimed at you personally, it's just that you were the latest poster to dismiss negative posts.

Back up to last year,lots of good and positive vibes in here,back up to the release of the demo,lots of good feedback.
Back up a few pages and the news of no D2 leagues (discovered by the community,not a statement from official Konami) and it all goes down the shitter.
And you call it "bashing"?
It's frustration,it's being let down once again.
I think you've misread this community when coming in,it's very few of us who cares about Myclub and Pes league,I think you would know that by now?

Still you think we bash and whine about Pes 19?
No,it's the bread and butter of our gaming,the ML that has been reduced, mistreated and not cared for by konami,this year we've been stabbed in the back on that mode.
Simply because Konami decides to take away that for us?

Who are you to decide how we should deal with that?
Who are you to decide our critism?
Simply by calling it "konami bashing"
Seriously?
You're on a very thin line when it comes to credibility in here mate.
Let us grieve the way we want to,let us be disappointed that konami has taken a step back with ML the way we want.

I'm not frustrated in the least the new licences and leagues is a welcomed addition, now they need to be incorporated into PES2019, just look at the amount of licensed teams and leagues this year, pretty awesome stuff, I view it as a temporary solution.

With all due respect, I don't think it's people 'bashing Konami' just to get a kick out of it.

This is a product that we pay for, not a cheap product either, so as consumers we're entitled to moan about it if the product isn't up to scratch/or what we thought we were ordering.

For example me; I can't remember how many years I've been buying this game, it's almost become a dirty habit, and I was thinking today about what I like about it.

My usual routine that I enjoyed going back a few years was this.
Open game, play the Copa Libertadores to get used to the new gameplay.
Crack open edit mode and customise my experience.
Play a master league with Espanyol.
Start an offline community league with my friends that we could tuck into when we're available to do so.
Eventually start BAL that would last me until the new demo was released.

That was my annual PES routine which I loved. Recent years have butchered my experience but I still held out hope that things would change. I know, it's the hope that kills you. But lets now look at what I can enjoy from that old routine I loved so much.

Copa Libertadores has gone.
Edit mode has stagnated badly (player creation feels like it's actually regressed)
Master league is badly in need of attention, and now the Spanish league is ruined with no 2nd tier.
Offline community mode was taken away.
BAL is.. well what is the situation there? It's either gone this year or still in need of any kind of attention.

So I'm not happy, I was lured in this time with the excitement of new leagues, and now I regret said excitement. But I'm not being abusive to people, I've made my feelings known respectfully via official channels and will continue to do so in the hope that one day my voice can be heard. It's all we can do as an unhappy community. Either that or not buying, what would you rather them/I do?

I'm aware I'm a part of the new minority, the old school PES player who cares not for MyClub, but I still pay the price for a game so I'm entitled to an opinion, and it's ok to be critical about things, as long as it's done in the right way. We shouldn't be grateful about a game, or thankful to the developers, excusing them for what we feel are bad/illogical decisions. This is a company charging us for a product, it's not a present or reward, it's a product. If a product falsl short then the consumer can complain and/or shop elsewhere.

Apologies, it's a rant. Not aimed at you personally, it's just that you were the latest poster to dismiss negative posts.

no worries I do get you, it just a temporary solution to incorporate all the new leagues in and also there's one more to be announced

I'm not frustrated in the least the new licences and leagues is a welcomed addition, now they need to be incorporated into PES2019, just look at the amount of licensed teams and leagues this year, pretty awesome stuff, I view it as a temporary solution.
Alright then, who was the top scorer in the Danish League last season? You can Google if you want to. Your thing.

Nico was moderator on wenb forums, I was on that forum also years ago until it became poisonous. If I had a firm and my employees react in this manner like Asim or Adam who decided to mute his account 10 days before releasing product, both of them will be fired. At least they ahould know when to keep their mouths shut. Total disgrace to people like us who actually buy the game so they can get their funds at the end of the month
Winning eleven next-gen blog! Now that's a flashback and a half for me. I remember right after pes 2008 what used to go down there. Way back in the Adam days. I remember the "the ps2 is getting disconnected" line (paraphrasing here) each and every year in the build up to a new title. The vague hints (I remember 360 movement for pes 2010 being teased) My word how time flies. Chains were being yanked even back then but I must admit it was quite fun to be "around" back then.

New licensed leagues are a great addition yes, more variety and players can only be good and new stadiums always welcome!

Please can you tell us if this is just your feeling or you have been told this?

Completely agree mate! Think you've misunderstood me. I don't have a problem with those who don't see it as a big deal, just don't dismiss the criticism because you don't care about it.

I understand. But still, it's okay if you just don't understand the moaning. But I agree with you, there is no valid reason for Konami for doing this. They will lose buyers and that's a pitty.

I can't find amy reason to defend their actions about the removal.

Alright then, who was the top scorer in the Danish League last season? You can Google if you want to. Your thing.

don't know .... I'm an Arsenal fan and I'm very happy the Arsenal are licenced in PES2019, I look forward to playing at the Emirates in 4K HDR on PS4pro ... MyClub here I come, legendary edition already ordered (good to give back sometimes my copies from PESleague I'll take them to work) and I'm on holiday till after PES2019 comes out so yeah .... I'm looking forward to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom