PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and the worst thing is not even the fact that they removed it (which is terrible and unacceptable), but the fact that they kept it quiet and lied to people all this time. People were asking them for a good while now whats the story with second divisions and they just ignored them till last minute.

They surely known about their database limitations for a good while now. Wonder what would be the outcome if they were honest and asked people "ok. We can add few new minor leagues but we will have to remove two second divisions"
Instead it was all sunshine and rainbows "look, we got you this and this, pre order, pre order quick!" While stabbing ML people in the back. This is borderline False Advertisement!

...and the worst thing is not even the fact that they removed it (which is terrible and unacceptable), but the fact that they kept it quiet and lied to people all this time. People were asking them for a good while now whats the story with second divisions and they just ignored them till last minute.

They surely known about their database limitations for a good while now. Wonder what would be the outcome if they were honest and asked people "ok. We can add few new minor leagues but we will have to remove two second divisions"
Instead it was all sunshine and rainbows "look, we got you this and this, pre order, pre order quick!" While stabbing ML people in the back. This is borderline False Advertisement!

Good point. The rumour came about because of the brilliant modders here and elsewhere investigating the demo code.

Just saying that with or without them, LM is still bad.

Like really bad.
I will complain way more if IA in LM is still the same joke.

Well, it is a lot worse experience without them. ML should have as many real life elements in it to make it an experience with depth, otherwise it is shallow and lacks immersion. Konami already have enough problems in this regard without exacerbating things further by removing lower leagues.

Well, it is a lot worse experience without them. ML should have as many real life elements in it to make it an experience with depth, otherwise it is shallow and lacks immersion. Konami already have enough problems in this regard without exacerbating things further by removing lower leagues.

If IA has been improved in ML and the mode is more challenging (especially with the financial aspect), it could potentially be better than last year with these D2.

I was going to leave a comment here, but I can't; have to make room for to comment on another thread. I apologize for any inconveniences caused by my decision, and let the fans know I'll do my best to comment here next year, as I'll be using the next-gen hardware to be able to leave posts on both threads; the limitations of the current-gen hardware forced me to go without commenting here. For those who are skeptical about this move, do remember this is part of a 3-year cycle, I guarantee you'll be astonished with not only the quantity but the quality of those comments of mine by the end of that process, in 2020.

In the meantime, though I can't comment here, my upcoming posts on the other thread are definitely going to be the best ever, believe me. My english has improved massively, professional reviewers have said that my punctuation is the best they've ever seen in a forum post, so all the ingredients are in to make the following posts the forum comments we all deserve to read in this community; I shall not forget that for more than a decade we've been waiting for the quality of the posts of the previous era to be matched once again, and if you're patient and trust the process, I'm definitely going to deliver that.

I was going to leave a comment here, but I can't; have to make room for to comment on another thread. I apologize for any inconveniences caused by my decision, and let the fans know I'll do my best to comment here next year, as I'll be using the next-gen hardware to be able to leave posts on both threads; the limitations of the current-gen hardware forced me to go without commenting here. For those who are skeptical about this move, do remember this is part of a 3-year cycle, I guarantee you'll be astonished with not only the quantity but the quality of those comments of mine by the end of that process, in 2020.

In the meantime, though I can't comment here, my upcoming posts on the other thread are definitely going to be the best ever, believe me. My english has improved massively, professional reviewers have said that my punctuation is the best they've ever seen in a forum post, so all the ingredients are in to make the following posts the forum comments we all deserve to read in this community; I shall not forget that for more than a decade we've been waiting for the quality of the posts of the previous era to be matched once again, and if you're patient and trust the process, I'm definitely going to deliver that.
I see what you did.
Genius.

Daniel is so clearly acting in bad faith when he says they didn't have time. The new leagues were announced in the ORIGINAL PRESS RELEASE, at least as far back as May (https://goo.gl/4v82YG), and the strategy must have been set well before then in order to carry out the negotiations. This is the most blatant example of cutting corners and doing the least amount of work possible you are ever likely to see, it is an absolute disgrace and people are right to be annoyed.

This is the worst. Staying silent until the very last moment because they (Adam, Asim) knew that those leagues were removed having already played Master League.
This sneaky tactic didn't work though.

Nope, I insinuated that if LM is like 2017 it's nearly useless having D2.
Ok...
But for us who starts in Serie B,with a shitty team,and shitty budget,to make this "football" game last a little longer,your statement is pretty bad man.

Gameplay/game modes/contents on modern Pes are so fucking bad that the only way to make it "work" is to "handicap" yourself so you'll get some enjoyment out of it.
But that gone now.
Start a ML with Liverpool etc,that makes this game dead in about half a season

Second divisions (eventually) back next year? That's what we're gonna hear?

Then I'll consider maybe buy the game.. next year. This if in the meantime they'll fix the keeper being glued to the goaline and the other flaws, of course. It won't hurt to skip one edition if in 2020 we'll have such an improved masterpiece.. right?

Sorry if I sound a bit suspicious, but after the fantasies and the lies of three years plans for ML and the such, I'll only gonna trust facts.

Simply for the clarity, in this perpetual Konami have bucket loads of money to invest in PES argument ... as a company in whole - yes they do, but ... gaming development isn't Konami's core business.

Just skim through pages 22 to 24 of Konami's fiscal report for 2017 ... entire Gaming & Systems segment contributes with slightly more than 10% of company's total revenue. PES being only one of the games they develop ... and god knows what Systems are

Sad, but obviously not so publicly known fact is that gaming development is far, far from the focus of the company. Totally unlike EA, which is, I believe, 100% software dev company, with a special subsidiary dedicated to sports titles only (EA Sports).

Konami earn their bucket loads of money through gambling machines (Pachinkos - a.k.a. Digital Entertainment) and spa's (Health and Fitness). So where do you believe they will reinvest most of their profits?
I'm very sorry for having to go off topic now, but to continue on the sad state of Konami now, I'd just like to show what a giant of a gaming company it used to be (the first part is all Konami, so you can skip the 2nd part of course):

So correct me if I'm wrong here,no Serie B or Liga 123?
Which means a ML playing "Serie A" or "La Liga Santander" pretty useless.
Instead there will be some generic 2nd div?

Is this a joke?
They've pretty much stabbed every ML player in the back.
Konami are pushing this game into myclub/Pes League gaming more and more.
This has to be a joke?

And are some of you guys ok with that?
Defending this company,like it's a good move "play FIFA then".
Are you fucking serious.
Konami can fuck right off,piece of shit move by a clown company that lost touch with everything that made Pes good.
The community sticking together through the tough times, rescuing it's poor content with hard work on the side.
And this is how they pay us back?
"We can't have second leagues"
Because it's not profitable?
Because the myclub crowd gets upset if they see "Brescia/Hellas Verona" being in there?
Like a bunch of city planners taking away all "non wanted people/object/behaviour" so the paying customers don't have to see anything out of the norm.

Rip Pes

giphy.gif

Is that really you talking?

Second divisions (eventually) back next year? That's what we're gonna hear?

Then I'll consider maybe buy the game.. next year. This if in the meantime they'll fix the keeper being glued to the goaline and the other flaws, of course. It won't hurt to skip one edition if in 2020 we'll have such an improved masterpiece.. right?

Sorry if I sound a bit suspicious, but after the fantasies and the lies of three years plans for ML and the such, I'll only gonna trust facts.
I'm with you mate.
The goalie glued to the line pretty much made me not buying 19,no D2 made it a no buy for sure.
Can't really buy konamis shit about "beautiful game" etc when they have GK glued to the line.
Really comical.
Three year plan...

iirc PES 2014 was the only PES that had a generic 2nd division whilst also having the ability to change clubs in ML. Does anyone remember how that worked? Does the 2nd division 'follow' you, or does it stay in the country you started?

I'm very sorry for having to go off topic now, but to continue on the sad state of Konami now, I'd just like to show what a giant of a gaming company it used to be (the first part is all Konami, so you can skip the 2nd part of course):

giphy.gif

Is that really you talking?
New and improved me mate:)
Since going back to Pes 12/13 I ain't buying half finished three year plans anymore.
THE BUCK STOPS HERE MAN!

It's gotten to a point where Konami needs to change this 'small team' mentality.
Think ahead. Think bigger.

I'm pretty sure they started working on PES 2019 with an idea in mind but then later on the developing stages more league agreements were closed (like Russian League, Turkish League, etc) but it was already too late to change the whole database system and re-arrange everything to make everything fit. So they had to give something up.

And this is a problem. Because the game should have been prepared for this scenario ever since PS4 and XBOX ONE came out. Because it is rather fucking obvious that as technologies advance, databases will get bigger. Textures will be heavier. File Sizes will be larger. You can't start changing these things ONCE you need them. You need to think ahead. Prepare the structures of the game so that when the time comes, you are ready.

Can any of you see something like this happening to EA/FIFA? No way, right?.
Why? Because while they are working on this generation's games (like FIFA) they are already preparing the next engine, the next game, taking into consideration what they MAY or MAY NOT need in the future.

What's Konami 'modus operandi'?.
-Hey, we should change engine next year? This one's starting to feel dated
-I agree. Let's finish this year's game and we'll start working on that.
-Cool bro
-Yeah bro

So improvised. So amateur. So indie.

So most issues we face come exactly FROM this kind of behaviour. Not just the database slots -As Adam called it- but pretty much everything is decided right there, on the spot.

It's gotten to a point where Konami needs to change this 'small team' mentality.
Think ahead. Think bigger.

I'm pretty sure they started working on PES 2019 with an idea in mind but then later on the developing stages more league agreements were closed (like Russian League, Turkish League, etc) but it was already too late to change the whole database system and re-arrange everything to make everything fit. So they had to give something up.

And this is a problem. Because the game should have been prepared for this scenario ever since PS4 and XBOX ONE came out. Because it is rather fucking obvious that as technologies advance, databases will get bigger. Textures will be heavier. File Sizes will be larger. You can't start changing these things ONCE you need them. You need to think ahead. Prepare the structures of the game so that when the time comes, you are ready.

Can any of you see something like this happening to EA/FIFA? No way, right?.
Why? Because while they are working on this generation's games (like FIFA) they are already preparing the next engine, the next game, taking into consideration what they MAY or MAY NOT need in the future.

What's Konami 'modus operandi'?.
-Hey, we should change engine next year? This one's starting to feel dated
-I agree. Let's finish this year's game and we'll start working on that.
-Cool bro
-Yeah bro

So improvised. So amateur. So indie.

So most issues we face come exactly FROM this kind of behaviour. Not just the database slots -As Adam called it- but pretty much everything is decided right there, on the spot.

Spot on. This would never happen to EA or basically any semi competent company as they actually look forward. In my own job I'm constantly looking forward in regards to our systems and thinking will this suit our needs in 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc and if it doesn't I ask my boss for the money/investment to sort it out.

Konami however have decided to save a few quid in the short term and then stick their head in the sand hoping everything will be OK. This has worked for a number of years but now they've hit the limit it's biting them in the arse. This should have been resolved years ago.

iirc PES 2014 was the only PES that had a generic 2nd division whilst also having the ability to change clubs in ML. Does anyone remember how that worked? Does the 2nd division 'follow' you, or does it stay in the country you started?
If I recall correctly, it followed you when you started the game but if you changed countries mid-ML, it stayed with the other league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom