PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people speaking about licenses.

For me it doesn't mean that much. But I have to say that the evolution with whole TV-packages etc IS making a difference. Real shirts without stadiums etc doesn't.

Regarding Serie B and La Liga 2. No it isn't the end of the world. But just like Master League has been better, the game would be better if there was some second divisions in.

The game isn't developing - it's removing something and then adding it again another time.

I'm tired to hear that licensing will be an issue. Yeah, i know. But in this case it wasn't about licensing at all. They decided to remove two second divisions because they thought it was a good idea since they had space issues.

This is all on them, this is completely their fault for not having a proper database system that would work with much more teams without removing the exhisting ones.

I was wondering how many years of contract they have for those new leagues...

Anyway, if more pes fans shout to konami maybe they will re-add those removed 2nd division in PES 2020.

What on earth are they using for their database that means they are running into space issues? Databases are designed to scale to hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of records so long as you have sufficient storage space...

It’s a shame all this again. I probably won’t touch ML due it being bare bones again but it’s always the lies and evasive way it all comes out.

As a grown man just tackle us head on:

‘this is where we’re going, this has been removed because of XYZ but it adds this to the game’

Sick to death of the same PR disaster for Pes each year. It never runs smooth and tbh we get the same twitter disaster. It doesn’t surprise me again but I wouldn’t bother tackling the usual suspects it’s all about as transparent as a lead bunker.

We are seen as outraged and moaners but in real life if you bought a car and it had no steering wheel or a washing machine without a door pretty sure your within your rights to complain.

It does loose its argument when the bell ends attack Adam and Asim personally which we all know is out of order.

But it doesn’t detract from the fact again Konamis credibility is as low as every year and they simple do not get the backlash,
it’s become boring and I’m sorry in any other company someone would be in by now trying to create a better PR experience for Staff and customers. If Adam and Asim are getting the abuse customer side god knows how and it is behind the scenes.

Game plays well this year the keepers need tweaking and get a proper PR company they would kill it. Relying on peoples twitter accounts to promote the game does not do it any favour.

For all thouse complaining about licences in general : when Konami announced the new leagues,many people here said that is not gonna make any difference.Now people are moaning about Konami removing second leagues for Italy and Spain.So,are the licences matter in the end,or not?Some people don't know what they want.I'm not trying to find an excuse for Konami,and yes,i would like to have second divisions for all the leagues from PES,but guys...there are many other things that need to be improved in PES.

For all thouse complaining about licences in general : when Konami announced the new leagues,many people here said that is not gonna make any difference.Now people are moaning about Konami removing second leagues for Italy and Spain.So,are the licences matter in the end,or not?Some people don't know what they want.I'm not trying to find an excuse for Konami,and yes,i would like to have second divisions for all the leagues from PES,but guys...there are many other things that need to be improved in PES.

I feel like you are missing the point these 2nd divisions were not even licensed the issue with their removal is it makes 2 of the top divisions in ML basically not worth playing if you want a more immersive experience it's regressed and that's the last thing ML needs

Most people i have read here want something specific. Second divisions in ML, the old given ones, new ones,more one, flexible ones whatever. Just do not remove things that used to be given for cheap excuses and bring them back some years later as "new feature". Also i didn't see anyone complaining about losing the license of serie b, spanish secunda. Everyone here complains about the fact that they are completely removed/vanished from game. They could still be in licensed,fifpro-licensed ,fully unlicensed, full of dummy players whatever.

Furthermore no one is mixing different things ,it is different debate for the gameplay, different for the game content , different for the game modes

Last edited:
It's likely to be just a placeholder for CSL.
Our favourite hong kongese friend told us that this league has 16 teams (like CSL) and contains only "fake rest of Europe teams", so no new fake teams.

Look how it is placed in the list, on top of Asian leagues.

I guess they had to add the placeholder because how it interacts with AFC Champions league.

The first division thing in Chinese probably doesn't mean anything.

That sounds good! :)

It's not LICENCE for anyone's sake, it's DATA. Seriously, you'll be happy with a game with 30 teams only to play and no games modes like ML for a full year? It's long terms gameplay.

Those two leagues weren't LICENSED but Fifpro semi-licenced, almost "free" i could say, even if it cost some Data Collector to pay of course.
I'm fucking tired to repeat myself about obvious things.

We don't want full licenced leagues, but having a good database based on semi-licenced FIFPRO is important for everything we've already talked (ML flow, some interesting players, Myclub too)

Having some real licences is in fact important to save us (editors) work, and for stadiums.

But even more important, is having many FIFPRO teams in the game and editing tools, like in Football Manager.
It's the same for me having Fifpro semi-licenced "Belgium League" "Russian League" and "Turkey League" than what they've annouced. Doesn't make a difference since we can correct team info, logos and kits.

-Not fully new licenced leagues they've annouced (under Fifpro with fakes names) + keeping the second divisions (even add some of them) in replacement of Champion's league licence = preorder the game instantanely

-New fully licenced leagues they've annouced - 2nd division Spa/Ita in counterpart of Champion's league licence = not buying the game.

Simple no?

Last edited:
PTE Patch twitter > https://twitter.com/PTE_Patch/status/1030445943844466691

There is many things wrong with this but we will only post some below:
-we just didn't lose 2 leagues but 4 because no one will play LaLiga or SerieB in Master League now.
- For a game that wants to improved the experience, this was a really bad idea.

Not the only interesting response, but i like this one.
Even if it's ML player centred, it's exactly what i was thinking.

But not only, the loss of scouting players from those leagues too, even if i decide to play in Ligue 2, Championship, or Jupiler League, there's always good teams in which you could take some players on both 2nd divisions.

And if someone ask "can we talk about something else than 2nd division loss please? it's ennoying", i'd rather say no, sorry for you. Perhaps in some weeks, but it's too fresh.
That's mean how important this is for some of us.

We're not talking about boots, nets or whatever else.

PTE Patch twitter > https://twitter.com/PTE_Patch/status/1030445943844466691

Not the only interesting response, but i like this one.
Even if it's ML player centred, it's exactly what i was thinking.

But not only, the loss of scouting players from those leagues too, even if i decide to play in Ligue 2, Championship, or Jupiler League, there's always good teams in which you could take some players on both 2nd divisions.

And if someone ask "can we talk about something else than 2nd division loss please? it's ennoying", i'd rather say no, sorry for you. Perhaps in some weeks, but it's too fresh.
That's mean how important this is for some of us.

We're not talking about boots, nets or whatever else.

Exactly, losing these 2 leagues is a huge loss for ML. Most of the leagues they added aren't exactly top tier so if you're all but the biggest clubs in Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium for example then you'd probably do a good chunk of your transfers in the 2nd tiers of the bigger leagues. The pool of affordable, realistic players for those teams has shrunk a fair bit with this removal.

On a similar note about leagues, I'm baffled why they've bothered getting the Russian league as an exclusive. Apart from one short video that showed nothing there's been zero hype for it at all. They've got no stadiums for it, no broadcast package etc.

People need to remember Adam and Asim have no input in PES at all. They are employed to gather info (which is ignored) and promote the game.
Moaning about the removal of leagues 2 to them is like moaning at/insulting a carephone warehouse employee you don’t like your new mobile phone - errr, they didn’t make it they just sold it to you.

I agree, this is probably true.
But since they are the visible faces, we need to make them know what is what.

Not by insulting them. I would never support or enjoy that. But, respectfully, telling them "hey this product is not worth U$S60 no matter what you tell me about these new small licenses you got. You still haven't done this, this, this, and that which is important to most of us AND you removed this and that, so I won't buy your product until you start working hard on it".

They should of come out with this news right from the start. Be honest, gauge the reaction and maybe liaise with the fanbase with plenty of time left before release and see what could potentially be done.
To announce this (or have it leaked) 1 week before the game is out after avoiding the question and being all cloak & daggers about it just smacks of amateurism and deception on Konami's behalf.

It's always 1 step forward and 2 massive steps backwards with them, will they ever learn about removing things from the game that nobody asked for? the list of things gone over the years is endless.

Last edited:
Konami must release PDII League for everyone. Konami next year will remove english and french 2nd division to have more licenced leagues. Most important thing is the dam gameplay and stay more time with PES. If you guys want the leagues back, ask konami to release a nother engine it have more space to add more leagues and teams. If people years back complain about konami having less licenced teams, that's we have it for now on. Just enjoy the game as i do.

Last edited:
What on earth are they using for their database that means they are running into space issues? Databases are designed to scale to hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of records so long as you have sufficient storage space...

Every game has its hardcoded limits. But due to a bad conception, in PES it's insanely low.
Like when they created the DB, they never expected to have more than few leagues.

That's stupid, but true.

Maybe it isn't even full, but they might be negotiating new licenses and need to keep free slots...

Overall, they are not using anything that quite resembles to any traditional type of database. Talking from PC perspective, where almost everything is moddable.

What is colloquially called "database" in PES is actually a bunch of internal .bin files within large .cpk containers. Those .bin files are fundamentally not limited at all - e.g. fundamentally, you can add as many new player blocks into Player.bin and create unlimited supply of players. Same goes for teams in Team.bin file, for team rosters in PlayerAssigmnent.bin, etc. Each individual data block (be it player, team, ball, face, boot, glove, ...) has its unique ID (just like in traditional databases) and data blocks are linked across various .bin files using those IDs - e.g. Player X belongs to Team Y, etc. Just like in traditional databases.

So, that layer of storage actually resembles to traditional database and it could support huge amount of players and teams. The only real limit should be the length of those IDs ... but since (almost) all of them are 4-byte long (32 bits), they allow for up to 4,2 billion (4,2 thousand millions) of unique IDs ... 4,2 billion players, 4,2 billion teams ... purely theoretical limits in term of an actual gaming content.

That being said, Konami has imposed several internal .bin file limits of their own, to be able to handle duplicated players in Master league (duplicates such as e.g. licensed Modrić in Real Madrid vs unlicensed Modrić (Mognac) in Croatian NT, so that they wouldn't appear both in the market) and special versions of certain teams (frozen-in-time versions of ACL, Libertadores and/or Sudamericana teams). So, more practical limits, due to those quite archaic internal rules are that we have ~200000 usable player IDs and ~16000 team IDs. Still quite a lot and more than enough to sustain all those newly obtained leagues and players.

The real show-stopper is the second part of the data storage, which hasn't changed much in 2 decades - an incredibly rigid and 100% fixed-sized EDIT00000000 file (i.e. option file). This file is used as a mash-up that contains copy of everything that is editable in game (players, teams, rosters, ...). Sadly, that storage has virtually 0 scalability ... Konami sets the hard-limits every year and those limits cannot be surpassed. And those limits are really low. Yes, there's always some additional space inside for new players and teams, but those limits are ridiculously small compared to the internal .bin files. @falcom4ever had mentioned 150 teams limit for PES 2018 ... while internal .bin files could merrily support 1500 new teams, external EDIT file does not have enough pre-allocated empty space to contain 1500 teams, it can barely contain 150 new teams. Add more than allowed hard-limit and you'll start overwriting data from another section in EDIT file ... thus, turning it into corrupted garbage.

And the cherry on top - EDIT file is only 5 MB in size. Why??? They don't make PES for PS3 or PS2 any more, right? Why don't they finally liberate the EDIT file from those ancient PS2-shackles? What console that PES is made for would have problems with EDIT file having 50 or 100 MB in size?

Exactly, losing these 2 leagues is a huge loss for ML. Most of the leagues they added aren't exactly top tier so if you're all but the biggest clubs in Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium for example then you'd probably do a good chunk of your transfers in the 2nd tiers of the bigger leagues. The pool of affordable, realistic players for those teams has shrunk a fair bit with this removal.

On a similar note about leagues, I'm baffled why they've bothered getting the Russian league as an exclusive. Apart from one short video that showed nothing there's been zero hype for it at all. They've got no stadiums for it, no broadcast package etc.

Not totally true.

It seems that Konami was negotiating with Russian Liga to have all Russian stadiums in the game.

Stop Crying. Konami must release PDII League for everyone. Konami next year will remove english and french 2nd division to have more licenced leagues. Most important thing is the dam gameplay and stay more time with PES. If you guys want the leagues back, ask konami to release a nother engine it have more space to add more leagues and teams. If people years back complain about konami having less licenced teams, that's we have it for now on. Just enjoy the game as i do.

No one is crying here. Without feedback given to Konami I doubt you'd enjoy the game as much as you do now. If you don't care about second divisions being removed then fine. I don't see what telling people people who are discussing a negative change to "stop crying" achieves.

Last edited:
Well, if the database issue is indeed the issue like posted above, there's not really much point in hounding Konami about it so they re-add them via DLC. Surely its impossible?

The least the can/could do now is give us an empty Division 2 slot for the two league's so we could potentially fill it with other teams from the game that aren't tied to a league structure within ML, i.e the "Other European Teams" section or some from south America.

You could have a mix & match of 2 & 3 star team's from around the world with promotion & relegation to Serie A & Liga 123.
It's not perfect but I'd be happy to play that for more ML depth.

Would this be feasible? I'm assuming they wouldn't need any space to do this as they wouldn't be adding any teams or players?. All we'd need is an ability to create a Division 2 for the Italian & Spanish and fill it with whomever we choose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom