PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, more of that, to complete my long post, for me it's all about THRUST.
Thrust that the future will be better for PES in terms of Gameplay and database.
But i don't think they'll change the structure until... PS5 version.
If they survive of course, because Ps4/Ps4 Pro/Xbox One (X) have good days ahead before the new console era.

Konami need to break out of the "I want to be Fifa" box.

A game that played great WITHOUT all the faff of licences, legends etc would be EPIC to me.

"Here's a database of 1m players. Here's the pitch. Here's the manual controls. Have fun."

Mix in the element of hidden stats until you get that player.

EVERYBODY would preorder that just to get a scouting headstart. I know I would.

Basically champ on a PES level without all the costs of licencing and paying for maradona's stash.

I'm going to bed to dream about this now. :)

Im disappointed as I don't want anything removed unless its EA related. Personally I don't care about the two removed leagues. But, I would rather they stay to keep everyone happy.

Also, on Asim on about leaving. All I have seen is people insulting him, calling him a fat bastard along side other things. In the past, I saw Bhatti get racially abused and someone told him they was glad his nan died.
If anyone on here acts like this over a fuckin' video game they really need to get a grip and take a look at themselves.

Those insults are not defendable at all, free insults aren't defendable in general neither.
They're targeting the wrong person, and they're not aware of it, but indirectly those guys insults the whole community.
Unacceptable.
Brings facts, arguments, make them think about what they've done.
And if you won't buy the game this year, said it with a polite tone and said why... But that's Internet and social media, there's all kind of people. Many of them are sharing feelings/rage from the moment, in a very bad manner.
When you're exposed, you should prepare for this... But it's never like you've imagined.
Asim is a good guy, Adam too, and i think they wants the best for PES.

They get more then software devs. ive worked with countless DB specalists
I'm talking about the PES database data collector guys. Not the same.

This 3 year plan for ML is going well isn't it!

"Look we've made it even more sterile and boring, ENJOY!"
2nd year all D2 removed.
3rd year all teams removed except Real Madrid and Barca :D (since these two are all people play online, right? Oh maybe add Juve because Ronaldo is there now)

Hello everybody, how you all know I'm from Spain, so that bad news about not 2nd division spanish and italian make me and a lot of more people frustration.

I hope you all can help with a retweet of my tweet: https://twitter.com/Cronos_PES/status/1030435540196356096
Done.

Well, even if it's disappointing PES2019 is a better car IMO.

They added more and better content than what they removed, but that's just my opinion.

That doesn't excuse their stupidity, but I think it's exaggerated to say the game sucks because no Serie B.
For two whole nations, to many of their people, it sucks big time. Because it's not your league, doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Also, I'm exclusively a ML player. So if I start in the championship and got my team promoted, won things and decided to move on to Spain or Italy to one of the smaller teams, what incentive is there? What am I fighting for? I'm never getting relegated, so I'm always safe, then what's the fecking point moving there when there's no challenge involved?

We've already explained why in several post, just read them. But i will repeat, even if you won't read them, from a personnal perspective, but not THAT personnal. It's some examples shared from a PES player like me, but those examples can apply to every offline players here, and some Myclub too.

Saying that, when it's not their fault (like the Dortmund retracting, Bundesliga) i was always defending them. Many of us (WE) were defending them, finding why.
But like Adam said they've got to make "sacrifices" for "a better future" or something like that. I thinked about the loss of CL, which wasn't a big deal since it shouldn't mess with the database... But this move (or remove), i can't accept.

We don't want more licences as someone said. All we want is an healthy and complete as possible database, like in every others sports games.
That thing French D2/English D2, but nothing for Spa/Ita is too weird, unprofessionnal.

I was thinking playing an ML in Jupiler League with Charleroi SC or Zulte Waregem, and buying some good old players from Serie B and Ligue 2 (always possible, valuable.
I was also planning playing with Foggia (my second supporting Ita team after Juve), and make an ML story building my teams with valuables players from second divisions.
Same goes from playing RC Deportivo and making them a come back.

Now the choice is more restricted than ever... And worst, the experience. Every ML and FM players will said you that: there isn't a better satisfaction to bring a lower team to the top, by building it.
Or even playing with a big team, find an average player from a 2nd division and transform him into a beast... Same goes from MYCLUB with the evolution system, so online players are also affected: missing 40 teams from 25-30 players (let's says 5500 players) from the 1st (Spa) and 3rd (Ita) better ranked division in UEFA is not somehthing to take lightly.

... Well, all of that will not being possible.

They've got more leagues and i was happy with that, but i was never thinked a second at what does it cost, the real sacrifice Adam said.
Even with all of that, they could reduce the number of teams in Others Latin America or even Other Europe, or whatever else, but no... They've choosed to add 40 players slots instead, don't remember the place.

So, there was SPACE, even with PEU/PLA/PAS remaining, even with the current database. And PC demo investigation shows us there's enough space for it.

Like i've said on Twitter, instead of spending money buying too much licences, create all those new league under Fifpro, buy some teams bring back more editing tools, and buy more Data Editor.
About stadiums, they could buy some club licences in those Fifpro league, like i don't know Anderlecht, Spartak, Galatasaray etc.

That's what i think the majority of PES community wants, or wanted. Adding kits and team export is not a big deal, we've builded a great community for Editing.

PES 2019 was built on a very bad foundation, their DB is crap.
As soon you add more than X teams (roughly 150 on PES 2018) the game starts to crash.

Konami has no choice than rebuild almost everything from scratch, it's a problem difficult to fix and probably something that couldn't be done on time for Pes 2019.

Suddently, for the first time in PES, Konami managed to close deals with several leagues, something they never expected too.

If they have to cut unlicensed leagues, of course Serie B and Liga 123 are the first natural victims. Ligue 2 is licensed and Championship is superior.
And it doesn't make sense to not sign Russian league and Turkish league just to keep an unlicensed Serie B whose most players have random faces and random stats anyway.

Wewill get more licensed content than ever. For ML it's great, you can try several different experiences. European competitions will have more interest than when we got UCL license...
And there is also Colombian and Chinese leagues that should come soon.

And who knows, maybe J League next March on Winning Eleven, maybe Nations league or AFC Asian Cup 2019.
We don't know what their plans are.

But in the end I believe they had to make a choice and they did what's best for the game.

@Alx1234 Agree with all the post except this:

"Here's the manual controls. Have fun."

Please don't obligates everyone to play manual, for god's sake :LOL:
I like when stats are involved more and more, and PA1 from this year (even if the PES 2015 PA1 was better) and shooting in manual > Finishing stats means nothing...
The reason it's not at all because "it's too hard to play", just a different (normal?) view of how you reproduce well a Football game with players abilities and limitations.

Last edited:
What Asim should do is make a new twitter account and name it Asim PES or Asim the PES dude or whatever, anounce it on his personal account and only reply to pes related stuff there. Then he can lock his personal account and block everyone he doesn't personally know.. well that's what I would do rather than moan about it.

Just a couple of hours ago I was still going to buy pes 19 because I like how it plays, but their decision to remove the italian and spanish second division changed my mind.

I'm talking about the PES database data collector guys. Not the same.

2nd year all D2 removed.
3rd year all teams removed except Real Madrid and Barca :D (since these two are all people play online, right? Oh maybe add Juve because Ronaldo is there now)

Done.

For two whole nations, to many of their people, it sucks big time. Because it's not your league, doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Also, I'm exclusively a ML player. So if I start in the championship and got my team promoted, won things and decided to move on to Spain or Italy to one of the smaller teams, what incentive is there? What am I fighting for? I'm never getting relegated, so I'm always safe, then what's the fecking point moving there when there's no challenge involved?

Isn't Spain and Italy first divisions in the game? Isn't that enough to satisfy them?

Serie B is a mess in real life, teams threaten to boycott it, how can you have it in game in first place? We don't even know which teams will play.

Only Liga 123 could be in realistically in the game.

Last edited:
If you play Master League with Spain/Italy and you no longer have to worry about relegation or can no longer take a team from the second division to the top, that's a bit of downgrade isn't it?

But it was already the case with Portuguese league, PEU (Bundesliga), Brasileirão, etc.

At least you can swap Italian and Spanish league with English League.

I can't even have my J League 2... No matter how badly I want it.

Serie B is a mess in real life, teams threaten to boycott it, how can you have it in game in first place? We don't even know which teams will play.

Only Liga 123 could be in realistically in the game.

If it was only Serie B missing then that would be understandable. But it would have been removed anyway considering Liga 123 was removed.

I feel like we're going in circles here. It does seem that Konami for whatever reason had to choose between more top divisions and keeping certain second divisions. Whether they made the right choice is totally down to each player, it's completely subjective. However it doesn't get away from the fact that they should be able to handle many more teams and leagues in their games, we're not in the PS2 days anymore with 8mb memory cards.

Hopefully the fallout from the removal of second divisions will see the database setup looked at in the next generation of the game. (I'm only guessing the database is the issue of course, the point is hopefully they will find a way to not need to choose in future).

But it was already the case with Portuguese league, PEU (Bundesliga), Brasileirão, etc.

, at least you can swap Italian and Spanish league with English League.

I can't even have my J League 2... No matter how badly I want it.

Well lets hope the new generic D2 is real then, that would solve your problem.

So let me make this point to you, if they put in J League 2 then took it out a year later you wouldn't see that as a negative? Just because not all leagues have a second division doesn't mean that less is better.

Well, even if it's disappointing PES2019 is a better car IMO.

They added more and better content than what they removed, but that's just my opinion.

That doesn't excuse their stupidity, but I think it's exaggerated to say the game sucks because no Serie B.

Your outlook is shortsighted. There's no second division for some of the biggest leagues on the planet. Fewer second divisions means little, to no incentive to use them in Master League. For those of us who prefer a deep, enriching offline experience, this is a massive blow and limits options and longevity for an already lackluster Master League offering. You can't look at this as an isolated incident, but as a trend of how offline has and continues to be neglected. It's accumulative. It's not as if the Master League has undergone some massive overhaul which would overshadow the omission of lower leagues (which are an extremely KEY component to a career mode).

And not to bring up the competition, but it's not a concession EA has to make, now is it? You don't think it's the end of the world, but plenty of people take umbrage with this decision. Simple as that. You don't have to actively care, but it would be foolish of you to not see why people consider it to be a deal breaker.

No one can argue the fact that it's NOT immersion breaking if I pick, say, Bologna or Athletic Bilbao for my Master League, but I'm under zero threat of being relegated. Nor can anyone advocate or champion the inability to choose a lower league team in hopes of bringing them to the top.

Last edited:
Then, why they tried to sign more and more others leagues if the database is limited? Liga MX, CSL, Colombia etc.

I've always defended PES for the lack of licences and some of them. But not at all cost, only if they aren't responsible.
They don't do things in the right order. And what i think, is that the money invested to Data Collector for Serie B/Liga 123 is gone, and letting them in the database shouldn't cause so much issues...

And i don't ever want to read arguments like "Serie B is crappy" etc. for a good reason not keeping them. That's too much of PES blind defending to handle for me, without missing respect or making it personnal.
It's a loose from second divsion for one of the 3 highers leagues in the world... How much i shall repeat this?

They were since PES 2015, they're removed. We're used to this, playing ML. Fact.

Last edited:
It's easy to keep and update these two divisions, they aren't even done with much care. It's even easier to keep them than adding newer leagues, don't you guys think so?

If they remove them, it's likely a limitation of the DB as we suspect.

How does it show that they are giving up on offline?

Isn't Spain and Italy first divisions in the game? Isn't that enough to satisfy them?
Well clearly it isn't enough to many on twitter.

It's not as if the Master League has undergone some massive overhaul which would overshadow the omission of lower leagues (which are an extremely KEY component to a career mode).
I don't think you know what you're talking about. It's the ICC. Because "ML - REAL SEASON".

/s

PES 2019 was built on a very bad foundation, their DB is crap.
As soon you add more than X teams (roughly 150 on PES 2018) the game starts to crash.

Konami has no choice than rebuild almost everything from scratch, it's a problem difficult to fix and probably something that couldn't be done on time for Pes 2019.

Suddently, for the first time in PES, Konami managed to close deals with several leagues, something they never expected too.

If they have to cut unlicensed leagues, of course Serie B and Liga 123 are the first natural victims. Ligue 2 is licensed and Championship is superior.
And it doesn't make sense to not sign Russian league and Turkish league just to keep an unlicensed Serie B whose most players have random faces and random stats anyway.

Wewill get more licensed content than ever. For ML it's great, you can try several different experiences. European competitions will have more interest than when we got UCL license...
And there is also Colombian and Chinese leagues that should come soon.

And who knows, maybe J League next March on Winning Eleven, maybe Nations league or AFC Asian Cup 2019.
We don't know what their plans are.

But in the end I believe they had to make a choice and they did what's best for the game.

This excuses are ridiculous. A company that sells a tech product can't adapt its tech to make their product better. If they had focused their resources on changing the DB structure instead of licenses, maybe they could be having a marketing campaign focused on the flexibility of creating your own football world that is shareable amongst users. It would automatically become the 'hipster indie' game of football. The licenses they acquired will help in the short run, but if they were to see the forest for the trees, they would have focused on expanding the editing capablities of the game. It would be a feature that was beyond licensing losses. It would have reignited a lot of the editing community and boards with people talking about the possibilities. Losing the CL license was their opportunity to take a turn away from trying to play the licensing game vs EA. They completely missed the mark.

This excuses are ridiculous. A company that sells a tech product can't adapt its tech to make their product better. If they had focused their resources on changing the DB structure instead of licenses, maybe they could be having a marketing campaign focused on the flexibility of creating your own football world that is shareable amongst users. It would automatically become the 'hipster indie' game of football. The licenses they acquired will help in the short run, but if they were to see the forest for the trees, they would have focused on expanding the editing capablities of the game. It would be a feature that was beyond licensing losses. It would have reignited a lot of the editing community and boards with people talking about the possibilities. Losing the CL license was their opportunity to take a turn away from trying to play the licensing game vs EA. They completely missed the mark.

Real world doesn't work like that.
Adding new leagues to conquer new markets is an understable strategy.

They are probably working on a new DB for future games as it's the first time they are in this kind of situation since the franchise exists.

Well, i'd guess that Konami's plan is to add more leagues and teams every year. But, that's impossible if the DB coding won't allow it. So either they sort it out in time for PES 2020 or we have no new leagues next year.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

It's likely to be just a placeholder for CSL.
Our favourite hong kongese friend told us that this league has 16 teams (like CSL) and contains only "fake rest of Europe teams", so no new fake teams.

Look how it is placed in the list, on top of Asian leagues.

I guess they had to add the placeholder because how it interacts with AFC Champions league.

The first division thing in Chinese probably doesn't mean anything.

Well, i'd guess that Konami's plan is to add more leagues and teams every year. But, that's impossible if the DB coding won't allow it. So either they sort it out in time for PES 2020 or we have no new leagues next year.
I can almost see them touting the "Return of division 2 league's" in next year's game with some kind of buzzword & then Konami acting as if they should be lauded for it like they did with the snow...."You've been asking and we've been listening, Snow is back in PES 2019!"........ anyone remember this line from official PES a while back?
So they'd been listening apparently, it only took them 10 sodding years though and the snow isn't even on the pitch.:LMAO:

I'm not buying this whole 'lack of space' nonsense. It's 2018 FFS.
Is this a multi million/billion pound company we're talking about here or is there just 2 guys in Japan sitting around in a fucking basement making this game?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't care about Liga 123 and Serie B ?
Not saying that it isn't stupid to remove them, but it's not the end of the world.
If we are talking about two licensed Ligas , I don’t care either. But if we are talking about two 2nd divisions in the current ML engine and how it works,yes I care much.I would like 2nd divisions in every league, it adds reality,depth and is refreshing.It is also more challenging to start from 2nd and try to promote.It is not obviously the licenses the problem neither from KONAMi nor from us. Even the system, of pes6 with completely dummy Teams A,B,C and dummy players 001,002,003 etc in empty divisions ready to be attached to any league through edit mode and transform into whatever team you love by ou editing community would be more beneficial than the plain remove of the 2nd divisions.
It is unbelievable, how we reached this point,from asking more D2s or implementation of D3 or full possibilities to add new custom leagues to getting 6 new leagues which is ok, MINUS 2 second divisions which is not.

BONUS QUESTION: Since the database peaked to its limits,how will they implement the leagues they promised through DLC?And in case they have reserved space for it,let’s assume something unexpected happens,Bundesliga goes to KONAMi and begs to be included in pes 2019 totally for free no license money no exclusivity.Will KONAMI day : “Oh our database is full,sorry come next year when we will find a solution to expand our engine!!” ???

Last edited:
If we are talking about two licensed Ligas , I don’t care either. But if we are talking about two 2nd divisions in the current ML engine and how it works,yes I care much.I would like 2nd divisions in every league, it adds reality,depth and is refreshing.It is also more challenging to start from 2nd and try to promote.It is not obviously the licenses the problem neither from KONAMi nor from us. Even the system, of pes6 with completely dummy Teams A,B,C and dummy players 001,002,003 etc in empty divisions ready to be attached to any league through edit mode and transform into whatever team you love by ou editing community would be more beneficial than the plain remove of the 2nd divisions.
It is unbelievable, how we reached this point,from asking more D2s or implementation of D3 or full possibilities to add new custom leagues to getting 6 new leagues which is ok, MINUS 2 second divisions which is not.

BONUS QUESTION: Since the database peaked to its limits,how will they implement the leagues they promised through DLC?And in case they have reserved space for it,let’s assume something unexpected happens,Bundesliga goes to KONAMi and begs to be included in pes 2019 totally for free no license money no exclusivity.Will KONAMI day : “Oh our database is full,sorry come next year when we will find a solution to expand our engine!!” ???
Nail on the head here. It's absolutely essential for master league to have at the very least 2 divisions otherwise what's the bloody point?. What are you fighting for, where's the enjoyment of building a team from nothing and taking them to glory over a virtual 10 or more seasons of adventure?.
It's not about them being licensed either, it's all about depth and finding hidden lower league gems that fit your team. Fighting for promotion or fending off relegation etc.
The very essence of PES is slowly being ripped away for the offline player now, we're being phased out it feels. They're not interested in anyone who won't plough additional money in to their online modes.
Just look at the demo, 5 minute matches for offline & 10 for online, another little nudge to push you towards the online portion of the game, probably in the hope you may perhaps start playing MyClub instead of sticking to offline competitions.

Last edited:
Also, on Asim on about leaving. All I have seen is people insulting him, calling him a fat bastard along side other things. In the past, I saw Bhatti get racially abused and someone told him they was glad his nan died.
If anyone on here acts like this over a fuckin' video game they really need to get a grip and take a look at themselves.
Completely agree, this is something that must be kept in mind very clearly.
I know that Adam and Asim often use their personal accounts to promote the game, but it's their personal accounts and it means that they shouldn't really be involved in this (their fault, in this case).
All complaints should be made towards the official PES account and again, let's try and avoid the "I hope you all die of cancer" things which are a bit too much for a football game.

People need to remember Adam and Asim have no input in PES at all. They are employed to gather info (which is ignored) and promote the game.
Moaning about the removal of leagues 2 to them is like moaning at/insulting a carephone warehouse employee you don’t like your new mobile phone - errr, they didn’t make it they just sold it to you.

Last edited:
Konami need to break out of the "I want to be Fifa" box.

A game that played great WITHOUT all the faff of licences, legends etc would be EPIC to me.

"Here's a database of 1m players. Here's the pitch. Here's the manual controls. Have fun."

Mix in the element of hidden stats until you get that player.

EVERYBODY would preorder that just to get a scouting headstart. I know I would.

Basically champ on a PES level without all the costs of licencing and paying for maradona's stash.

I'm going to bed to dream about this now. :)
Spot on. As many others have said, it's not the licensed leagues that we don't want to lose... It's leagues in general, either licensed or unlicensed, This is true especially about 2nd divisions, as they added an extra layer of deepness to ML, which has now been removed. If Ligue 1 became unlicensed tomorrow (keeping its players via FIFpro agreement of course) I wouldn't complain a bit. But if they removed Ligue 2 altogether, I would.

Adam/Asim have no say in decisions like this, hurling abuse at them is stupid and isn't going to change anything, i pity those who feel taking to Twitter to act like an entitled so and so to do this over some pixels.
What is needed is calm and journalists to ask this of Konami during interviews or if they review the game, and for this to feed into review scores, however journalists often don't have this insight and simply play the game for a week without seeing some of the flaws and context and then give the game high scores, which ultimately means Konami can feed this back to shareholders etc that while they don't get the sales of FIFA, they are still doing a good job.

The problem is that Konami is judged TOO much on gameplay and too little on content/package/audio/presentation/online/modes etc - all those things that make FIFA better for those purposes. This simply needs to change as they've been getting away with it for far too long.

I think we all want to see some bravery from Konami, explaining this decision to remove these leagues is a start - we may not like it, or agree but it's the least they can do until PES 2020.

Then what they need to do is be braver with their ambition if they have any, at least try overhauling Master League, working on the audio sounds and commentary, new presentation even for unlicensed leagues, add a new mode etc, just do something different for once.

We can only dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom