PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already had one foot out the door due to lack of Master League improvements and sub par shooting (in my opinion), but the news regarding the removal of D2 for certain leagues is the final nail in the coffin for me. This will be the first PES I don't purchase since I was first introduced to this once amazing series almost 20-years ago. I'm also sick and tired of having sunshine blown up my ass every single year by the usual suspects.

I don't know what to tell you anymore. Keep defending them, that's not gonna help Pes, you know. At one point we should just stop making excuses for them.

Dude im not defending anything. Im not even making excuses.
Just keep your boots on the ground, You are telling a story, unless you have proof of all your assumptions.

I'm just trying to make a point that you can loose yourself in your own thoughts, stay sane. Look what you really know, don't fill in the blanks. Thats why I said, Unless you have eyes and ears in how these japanese folks operate and you know they took the lazy route.

I'm not assuming anything in how this decision went as we just don't know, so I'm not excusing anything. Hope you just get the point in how high you are talking in the clouds. No harm done mate :WASTED:

The same day Konami disappoints PES fans (again), EA announces a full LaLiga experience. Wonderful :)
Full ?
tour_img-202999-145.jpg

If they decided to remove the leagues just for suspect that these leagues are not atracrive for players then they made big mistake. If they have other explanation for it it will be fair to say it in public. I haven't seen any serious company in the world to make these stupid decisions and mistakes. No matter how much content you add it's stupid to remove things that fans appreciates. Either most of us are too old to understand these new ways games are played by kids becouse most of us are old school offline players and we want that good old pes feeling or Konami decided to retire us before we decide to go into pension. I skipped last year game becouse of back heel fest and other stuff and eagerly was waiting for this years game and then this... I liked the demo tho :(

Full ?
tour_img-202999-145.jpg

I would call it a Full Experience when you have the official scoreboard, 19 out of 20 stadiums, 19 out of 20 Managers with their scanned faces, impressive crowd banners, flags, atmosphere, chants, real fixture, etc, etc, etc.

PES has the Russian League licensed yet we don't even know if it will at least have ONE stadium. Or scoreboards. Or something else besides real team names, kits and player faces.

I would call it a Full Experience when you have the official scoreboard, 19 out of 20 stadiums, 19 out of 20 Managers with their scanned faces, impressive crowd banners, flags, atmosphere, chants, etc, etc, etc.

PES has the Russian League licensed yet we don't even know if it will at least have ONE stadium. Or scoreboards. Or something else besides real team names, kits and player faces.
SNOW. DON'T FORGET SNOW. WE'VE GOT SNOW. :LOL:

This isn't the thread for FIFA comparisons. Just had to ban someone for comparing FIFA to cancer. Clearly someone hasn't ever experienced cancer, or they wouldn't say something so absolutely fucking moronic.

Some of you need to take off the "hating FIFA makes me a big boy" hat before you post.

Back on topic now. We don't want to have to ban anybody else.

OK so back on topic: I think that probably none of the new licensed leagues will have their own graphics pack with scoreboards, popups, etc. Not even after DLCs.
Maybe one or two of those leagues, but certainly not all of them. Save this post. Quote it later.

OK so back on topic: I think that probably none of the new licensed leagues will have their own graphics pack with scoreboards, popups, etc. Not even after DLCs.
Maybe one or two of those leagues, but certainly not all of them. Save this post. Quote it later.

Yeah im also very uncertain about this. We heard from a guy who spoke with Andre Bronzoni? Or robbye ron? during the Press tour in south america that all the leagues will have their official scoreboard. But that is in Konami terms not exactly reliable. And then again, Andre straight up said that he ''doesnt think the fake leagues will come'' to a press guy so Adam had to put out that fire a day later. So stays rumour-ish

Don't see it happening myself too.

Yeah ex.....
But why are they ''treating US like idiots'' then? I just don't get that. I don't feel like I'm being fooled by them? I just feel sad that they couldnt make it work.
I will give you 3 facts.It does not have to do with gameplay,only just the fooling part/strategy.
The base of this years promotion period
1)Dynamic lightening,moving shadows as the time passes etc etc.Not in game

2)Visible fatigue that affects gameplay.From users reviews until now it maybe affects some pass accuracy,you sprint the same with full stamina or with empty stamina.

3)Realistic ML season experience with revamped ML and official ICC.To be decided in full game.The signs are that the most problems from last years MLs are present : no budget allocation,regens,crazy cpu transfer for PL, plus the new one flat single leagues for Italy,Spain. No comment for the original ICC as a main fact for more realistic ML.

Last edited:
Yeah im also very uncertain about this. We heard from a guy who spoke with Andre Bronzoni? Or robbye ron? during the Press tour in south america that all the leagues will have their official scoreboard. But that is in Konami terms not exactly reliable. And then again, Andre straight up said that he ''doesnt think the fake leagues will come'' to a press guy so Adam had to put out that fire a day later. So stays rumour-ish

Don't see it happening myself too.

The thing this year is... we can't trust rumours, but we can't trust official announcement or official channels either.
Look what happened with the whole Dynamic Lighting thing (damn! I knew I was forgetting about something on the list I made a couple of pages back about the reasons NOT TO BUY PES 2019).

Up until this year you kind of couldn't trust the hearsay but once they made it official, it happened. Now.... you can't even rely on that. Until you don't have it on your game, you can't hold your breath.

Last edited:
The thing this year is... we can't trust rumours, but we can't trust official announcement or official channels either.
Look what happened with the whole Dynamic Lighting thing (damn! I knew I was forgetting about something on the list I made a couple of pages back about the reasons NOT TO BUY PES 2019).

Up until this year you kind of couldn't trust the hearsay but once they made it official, it happened. Now.... you can't even rely on that. Until you don't have it on your game, you can't hold your breath.

Yep they went the extra mile this year and felt too enthousiastic about the dynamic time (Dynamic lighting is in the game and I love it but there is no timescale) Now that is not the worst, They had it working and thought they could implement it and then after the announcement you find a problem. That is like... That can happen and it does happen all the time in the game industry. The problem is there has to be a game release every year and normally on a triple A game they just delay it for another year to work it out :LOL:

And what about thinking that Dortmund was in for sure this year. Have their stadium updated, E3 promo pictures and everything. And then mid development they abandon their contract to go for the FIFA Money. Feels bad for us but is something completely out of their hands ofcourse.

So objectively speaking you can trust their announcements. Like its not that they make fake news for fun, we are not in some Donald Trump world. And most (if not almost all) official announcements are real obviously.

It does all stack up, all the problems they faced, we faced this year. Which gives a general feeling of ''But will it?'' When they might announce new stuff. A sense of distrust, Which is justified but it also isn't if you know what I mean?

Its a bit unfortunate for them this year. I agree with you and I feel the same. But blatantly saying that we can't trust their own official announcements sound a bit to black and white to me. Knowing all the fuck ups that happened and not knowing if anything they say holds time because of these errors, having a sense of distrust is what naturally happens.

*Excluding the people that do not see this product as a project were human beings are working on who make choices and have their own problems throughout the year but simply as robots who owes them their demands

Dynamic lighting is in the game and I love it but there is no timescale

Not true mate.
You can't call that 1st Half - 2nd Half split dynamic lighting.
Let's call things by their name, please. We aren't doing Konami any good by justifying every wrong they do, every lie they tell. Making excuses FOR them.

I agree on pretty much everything else you said.

And they will probably all have the same rubbishy game chants and muted crowd atmosphere.

Not true mate.
You can't call that 1st Half - 2nd Half split dynamic lighting.
Let's call things by their name, please. We aren't doing Konami any good by justifying every wrong they do, every lie they tell. Making excuses FOR them.

I agree on pretty much everything else you said.

Literally the engine is a dynamic lightning engine (Well Rather than an engine its more a software which they implemented in the fox engine while it wasnt compatible at all, hence probably the struggle). if the shadows move because of a time scale its dynamic time within the dynamic lightning engine. PES2018 had a lot of baked lightning. The reason we have a full shadow-ey pitch at the camp nou is because the dynamic lightning is there, light bounces of things in realtime. Your IRIS can adapt to the lighter parts to make the shadows darker like with a TV camera. Or when you play in the shadows the brightness bumps up as the shadows become less dark and the lightning cleans it all up which is really great, its a huge bump in lightning compared to the older last gen-ish method in PES2018.

If you play around with Nvidia ansel in the crowd or in dark parts you can literally see the light getting calculated dynamically instead of one fixed point. Enlighten is a dynamic light engine, But there is no time scale. No dynamic time to make more and better use of it! Which we thought it would, which sucks for us big time.

Who is the capable coder that we have to fly to japan to make it all work in Fox engine compatible with all the systems they made over the years and all that crap? :APPLAUD::BLEH:

Literally the engine is a dynamic lightning engine (Well Rather than an engine its more a software which they implemented in the fox engine while it wasnt compatible at all, hence probably the struggle). if the shadows move because of a time scale its dynamic time within the dynamic lightning engine. PES2018 had a lot of baked lightning. The reason we have a full shadow-ey pitch at the camp nou is because the dynamic lightning is there, light bounces of things in realtime. Your IRIS can adapt to the lighter parts to make the shadows darker like with a TV camera. Or when you play in the shadows the brightness bumps up as the shadows become less dark and the lightning cleans it all up which is really great, its a huge bump in lightning compared to the older last gen-ish method in PES2018.

If you play around with Nvidia ansel in the crowd or in dark parts you can literally see the light getting calculated dynamically instead of one fixed point. Enlighten is a dynamic light engine, But there is no time scale. No dynamic time to make more and better use of it! Which we thought it would, which sucks for us big time.

Who is the capable coder that we have to fly to japan to make it all work in Fox engine compatible with all the systems they made over the years and all that crap? :APPLAUD::BLEH:
Dynamic lighting was present in the next-gen versions since PES 2015. The PS4 demo of PES 2015 even had a bug where the sun position changed between cutscenes sometimes. Apart from that, Fox Engine obviously doesn't do ray tracing, and brightness adaptation was already introduced in PES 2014.

Dynamic lighting was present in the next-gen versions since PES 2015. The PS4 demo of PES 2015 even had a bug where the sun position changed between cutscenes sometimes. Apart from that, Fox Engine obviously doesn't do ray tracing, and brightness adaptation was already introduced in PES 2014.

Yep you are right, This shit happens when you just talk out loud without just simply searching it up so thanks for correcting me on that. Dynamic lightning has been in the game for quite a while but basically they upgraded to an external software that does photorealistic lightning and they wanted to make use of the timescale too.

I'm typing way to much, but the thing I wanted to say to Chuny was more that Dynamic lightning is not the wording for a dynamic time of day and I did not mean that with it.

As Chuny wanted to officially call things by name and to NOT make excuses for them but there was nothing wrong, there is literally dynamic lightning in the game.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Liga 123 and Serie B ?
Not saying that it isn't stupid to remove them, but it's not the end of the world.

I respect for some people it's not an issue I hope they get a game package they enjoy but ML mode is meant to be improving and become more detailed and immersive right now it's full of badly implemented features that haven't worked in 2018 and they are yet again removing things that are vital building blocks there's no promotion or relegation in these leagues the domestic cup will be dross

The bigger picture here is offline is being phased out slowly but surely and if that's the games future then i ask myself why should I invest anymore time and money in it. I dont like these sneaky tactics either keeping it silent when ppl are preordering

Why shell out for 2019 when i have 2018 with CL EL and 2 divisions I dont see the point right now it would be like trading in my old car for a new one with a better lick of paint and the interior ripped out

Last edited:
To the guys who keep preordering the last 2 years and the guys who say they will (or do) pirate the game - you all suck balls
Mind elaborating further please?
I DID preorder it before knowing about Serie B because I found an offer matching the amount of money I was willing to spend (30€, less than half the street price).
Should I "suck some balls" for it?
Do yourself a favour, have some sleep and come back here when you're less stressed.

I respect for some people it's not an issue I hope they get a game package they enjoy but ML mode is meant to be improving and become more detailed and immersive right now it's full of badly implemented features that haven't worked in 2018 and they are yet again removing things that are vital building blocks there's no promotion or relegation in these leagues the domestic cup will be dross

The bigger picture here is offline is being phased out slowly but surely and if that's the games future then i ask myself why should I invest anymore time and money in it. I dont like these sneaky tactics either keeping it silent when ppl are preordering

Why shell out for 2019 when i have 2018 with CL EL and 2 divisions I dont see the point right now it would be like trading in my old car for a new one with a better lick of paint and the interior ripped out

Well, even if it's disappointing PES2019 is a better car IMO.

They added more and better content than what they removed, but that's just my opinion.

That doesn't excuse their stupidity, but I think it's exaggerated to say the game sucks because no Serie B.

If we wait some other day maybe in pes there will be not any squad or league anymore. MAYBE only two nets and a ball!!!!

If this is a database issue, as has been suggested (2018 and this is a thing), then why have they increased the squad size for teams? I swear I saw this months ago mentioned but then again so was Dortmund so who knows if this is still the case. If squads are bigger, then surely the database excuse doesn't really wash.. because why increase that at the cost of (arguably) much more important things like the lower leagues.

To me it's more likely this is to push more people away from ML (I assume BAL is already dead), onto MyClub where the money is made before eventually going online only.

On a slightly related topic, what do you get included in the PES lite free download that appears a few months after release? Is it exhibition mode and MyClub? If so then how long until that becomes the annual game instead?

Apologies if rambly, just rewatched The Last Jedi and it's put me in a foul(er) mood

Mind elaborating further please?
I DID preorder it before knowing about Serie B because I found an offer matching the amount of money I was willing to spend (30€, less than half the street price).
Should I "suck some balls" for it?
Do yourself a favour, have some sleep and come back here when you're less stressed.

What is there to elaborate on?

If you truly supported PES and future direction you would have the wisdom NOT to preorder. (You would surely know this given the incremental improvements offered annually since 2015.)

But alas, on second thought, preorderers are still contributing to PES franchise.

The guys that pirate the game still suck balls though.

Last edited:
When does the Barcelona deal end with PES? You can guarantee FIFA will pay whatever is required to get them back now they've gone all out on La Liga and made it their top league along with the Premier League. I have noticed though that either somebody messed up when posting the list on their website or they've got stadiums for the 3 teams relegated last season but don't have stadiums for the 3 promoted teams which is a bit bizarre.

I'm disappointed about losing the 2 leagues from PES but I accepted it a while ago as the writing was on the wall when they refused to answer questions about it.

Not saying that it isn't stupid to remove them, but it's not the end of the world.

We've already explained why in several post, just read them. But i will repeat, even if you won't read them, from a personnal perspective, but not THAT personnal. It's some examples shared from a PES player like me, but those examples can apply to every offline players here, and some Myclub too.

Saying that, when it's not their fault (like the Dortmund retracting, Bundesliga) i was always defending them. Many of us (WE) were defending them, finding why.
But like Adam said they've got to make "sacrifices" for "a better future" or something like that. I thinked about the loss of CL, which wasn't a big deal since it shouldn't mess with the database... But this move (or remove), i can't accept.

We don't want more licences as someone said. All we want is an healthy and complete as possible database, like in every others sports games.
That thing French D2/English D2, but nothing for Spa/Ita is too weird, unprofessionnal.

I was thinking playing an ML in Jupiler League with Charleroi SC or Zulte Waregem, and buying some good old players from Serie B and Ligue 2 (always possible, valuable.
I was also planning playing with Foggia (my second supporting Ita team after Juve), and make an ML story building my teams with valuables players from second divisions.
Same goes from playing RC Deportivo and making them a come back.

Now the choice is more restricted than ever... And worst, the experience. Every ML and FM players will said you that: there isn't a better satisfaction to bring a lower team to the top, by building it.
Or even playing with a big team, find an average player from a 2nd division and transform him into a beast... Same goes from MYCLUB with the evolution system, so online players are also affected: missing 40 teams from 25-30 players (let's says 5500 players) from the 1st (Spa) and 3rd (Ita) better ranked division in UEFA is not somehthing to take lightly.

... Well, all of that will not being possible.

They've got more leagues and i was happy with that, but i was never thinked a second at what does it cost, the real sacrifice Adam said.
Even with all of that, they could reduce the number of teams in Others Latin America or even Other Europe, or whatever else, but no... They've choosed to add 40 players slots instead, don't remember the place.

So, there was SPACE, even with PEU/PLA/PAS remaining, even with the current database. And PC demo investigation shows us there's enough space for it.

Like i've said on Twitter, instead of spending money buying too much licences, create all those new league under Fifpro, buy some teams bring back more editing tools, and buy more Data Editor.
About stadiums, they could buy some club licences in those Fifpro league, like i don't know Anderlecht, Spartak, Galatasaray etc.

That's what i think the majority of PES community wants, or wanted. Adding kits and team export is not a big deal, we've builded a great community for Editing.

Last edited:

Im disappointed as I don't want anything removed unless its EA related. Personally I don't care about the two removed leagues. But, I would rather they stay to keep everyone happy.

Also, on Asim on about leaving. All I have seen is people insulting him, calling him a fat bastard along side other things. In the past, I saw Bhatti get racially abused and someone told him they was glad his nan died.
If anyone on here acts like this over a fuckin' video game they really need to get a grip and take a look at themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom