PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thing, no classic teams on PES 2019.

DkzsS81XcAAg-Ad.jpg:large

Personally not fussed over that. If the players were all licenced then fair enough. But I know some people liked them so...

Twitter is a powerful tool. I think if we all got together and started Tweeting the different leagues about our unhappiness regarding exclusivity, there could be a change in the future. Or am I being too naive?.

No, you're right. People can change a lot of things. ;)

Twitter is a powerful tool. I think if we all got together and started Tweeting the different leagues about our unhappiness regarding exclusivity, there could be a change in the future. Or am I being too naive?.
It all comes down to money. If the money in two non exclusive deals is equal to or more than an exclusive EA deal, it could happen.

Well, if they were removed due to not enough space on the database for all these teams then its pointless. A shitstorm is good so they can look into sorting it if possible and re-adding them via DLC. Personally I can't see it happening.

Also see people bickering on Twitter about PES/FIFA. A PES fan told a FIFA fan that FIFA's gameplay is dull and boring. Far enough. But his response "Yeah I know its boring but we have all the licenses". This is why videos games are a mess.

Twitter is a powerful tool. I think if we all got together and started Tweeting the different leagues about our unhappiness regarding exclusivity, there could be a change in the future. Or am I being too naive?
I don't think you're being naive. The problem you've got is making enough people care enough to tweet, or retweet. Until it's on 1,000 retweets, why would they care. People moan at them all the time. Usually because this guy's boot colours are wrong, or that guy's hair is too tall.

I think La Liga prefers to have the league in as many games as possible to promote it to as many players as possible.

Promotion would be more important than any money EA could throw in the table.

Maybe it will spread to other leagues like Bundesliga.

It could be that EA makes a desperate move to full license La Liga to try to convince them to grant an exclusivity or maybe they prepare the future for when PES will have la Liga again.

Don’t know if I am missing something here but I did not see neither the classics nor the fake leagues PEU,PAS,PLA.I hope they are in and the Konami site includes licensed only content either fully licensed or fifpro related.

It all comes down to money. If the money in two non exclusive deals is equal to or more than an exclusive EA deal, it could happen.

There is no way La Liga would want another exclusivity since it probably meant less money for them last time. If you get two companies paying you it’s better business for you, that’s why I never understood the exclusivity for video games if others are in the market. Why would you settle for less money when both can meet your tag price and this way your brand gets bigger, and I’m talking generally here. That is if KONAMI are willing to pay tho, which I think they might this time since they lost the CL.

There is no way La Liga would want another exclusivity since it probably meant less money for them last time. If you get two companies paying you it’s better business for you, that’s why I never understood the exclusivity for video games if others are in the market. Why would you settle for less money when both can meet your tag price and this way your brand gets bigger, and I’m talking generally here. That is if KONAMI are willing to pay tho, which I think they might this time since they lost the CL.
Obviously exclusive deals are high money.

I don't know if you guys already saw this, but the team list is out
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/page/license_list
No Italian and Spanish D2 leagues, but there are still English D2 league and Ligue 2

Absolute disgrace. I agree 2nd divisions shouldn't be a priority UNTIL we get at least like 30 european 1st divisions in game, 6 or 7 of south american leagues and a few asian/african/etc ones, but top 5 or 6 european leagues should have at least fake 2nd divs in, make some goddamn script to at least generate the players and kits to be all overall 70 clones for god's sake. Why in the list one is named Other European Leagues and the others are Other Asian/Latin American Teams i wonder? Sign of more leagues via DLC? If their database is truly messed up beyond repair, adding new leagues would probably destroy it completely lol.

Absolute horror and disgrace this announcement, as usual, Konami fucks it all up right before release. Don't forget their lies about dynamic time too.

They never list fake leagues or fake teams with fake players on the licence list.

They've confirmed they're in already.

Yep, they are not in 2018 list or earlier ones https://www.konami.com/wepes/2018/eu/en/page/license
But we'll know 100% in 10 days for sure anyway.
It seems European and World classics are also not in, i think those "myclub legends" are basically them, and they are exclusive to myclub...I kinda liked registering them as free agents or to some ML teams, and using them as fake players, added some depth to the ML honestly since we have no regens...

Wonder why it says 'Stadiums within game varies by console' thought that was an old ps3 thing?

Hear hear, maybe it's the PC players again "punished" for "messing" with the demo so we get fewer stadiums, lol.

And as i was scrolling the pages over the last hour or so, i see EA announced LA Liga fully licensed with 16 stadiums.
What a steal that is from 5 years ago when we still had hopes for PES series when they held it. I think losing serie B even as a fake league may be a sign that EA will next year get the serie A licence too, especially with many big names going there now, and that would be the definitive end unless they completely unlock edit mode, add many fake leagues and improve ML.

Football is an open business. It’s not a niche market. Imagine TV rights for these leagues can only go to one channel in the entire globe. LOL. You’re losing money on other bigger opportunities.
Except that the scope of video games is the whole world and that of a TV Network is at most 5-6 countries. And in that regard, almost all deals are exclusive.

I agree 2nd divisions shouldn't be a priority UNTIL we get at least like 30 european 1st divisions in game

I know your overall point, but please give me a list of 30 European top divisions that are better than Serie B or La Liga 2.

Also found this regarding Brazil NT team,which can’t understand.Original kits but fake players which we can replace with their rue counterparts from clubs?

“Due to various unexpected circumstances, player licenses (player names, face models, etc.) for the Brazilian National Team will not be available at launch.

Brazilian National Team badge and official kits are available in the game. However, Brazilian National Team players that belong to a licensed club in the game will still be available as players of those respective clubs.
We are working diligently with appropriate licensing parties to have this resolved as quickly as possible, and plan to have Brazilian National Team players available in an upcoming Data Pack.

Further updates will be shared once details have been confirmed.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but appreciate your continued support for the PES series.”

Except that the scope of video games is the whole world and that of a TV Network is at most 5-6 countries. And in that regard, almost all deals are exclusive.

How so when every country can watch their league on their home network, the package exclusivity is shared with the rest of the world, it is done by region. So no tv network can own it all while other parts of the world can’t. Now FIFA is in the video games business, it’s different, it’s based on creation, it never was fair. While TV rights are fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom