PES 2018 vs 2019 vs 2020 vs 2021?

@slamsoze I've never played PES 2020, having made the jump from PES 2019 to PES 2021 straight away, but all this talk about the freedom of 2020 Demo and how it plays well makes me want to check it out on PC sometime, that is, if I can ever find a copy. :)
Unfortunately mate. There's many unfortunately here , about the PC version.😞.

AFAIK there's not a Demo 2020 for PC, neither you can have a disc, it's steam/steamkey/digitalkey only.

So you can't play a Demo or a Vanilla Version.

Maybe it could be possible, if you used an appropriate mode and the respective 1.00 exe. But not sure at all.

Not that the full updated version is so much bad, (for my eyes and liking) , but from what i receive globally, people do not like at all, how much the game was haircutted , during the course of update era.

Also the final version i am playing on PS4 is mot even close , to how free the Demo and Vanilla version used to be. It's more rigid and with far less fouls in the final version.

For everyone who says PES19 AI can't attack:

View attachment 218021

While I agree 50% of all attacks are low crosses, other 50% of attacks are very creative!
There's so many issues sadly tho like any player with long range shot trait for the AI will break down their attacks by spamming useless wild long shots from 30 yards

Pes 2019 really was a nice looking game though and then Konami decided to change the lighting and pitches to colours that make your eyes bleed

Hi guys, by any chance does anyone have the nesa camera mod for pes 18? I want to revive this game but I would like to play it with this camera mod, I had seen it a few years ago in a @KnightMD video but this link expired or the publication was deleted. I thank in advance anyone who can help me with this mod or any link that works.

this was the link and it doesn't work

I've been really enjoying PES 2018 with the followiing mods!

EXE: https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2018/04/pes-2018-realistic-gameplay-by-nesa24.html by @nesa24
dt18: https://pes-files.ru/pes_2018_dt_18_testing_gameplay_by_incas36 by Sensei @incas36

Professional or Top Player.

Nesa's gameplay totally fixes the tackling issue present in vanilla, in which closing down space is pretty much broken. In this gameplay, tackling is much more similar to other PES editions. :)

Incas dt18 creates "Superstar values" for Professional, meaning the scripts are gone, but the CPU plays at a high SS level. :TU:

I've really liked this combination.. Here is a really fun game playing in my Master League Save with Steaua Bucharest!

Another note: I really like the way rainy weather plays in PES 2018. You can really feel the difference, the slippery conditions, the ball moving differently, players falling and tripping, it's just great and very realistic! I'd encourage you guys to try this combo, I've realy had fun!

It's just me, or in PES 2019, getting a long-range goal with a strong shot (not using R1) borders on a miracle?

rare, but not impossible

589B0EC602246C8107B153A00E85EEBD2817547F

For me personally, eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (or let's call it PES 2021) is the best Football Game after PES6. I was enjoying PES6 for so long (from 2005-2016). Then i switched to the new PES Games and on of the Things that annoyed me the most was this Lag when starting an Action (Shooting or Passing...). It took so much longer Time than it did in PES6. But after Learning it from the hard Side i found out that these new PES Games are in terms of Reality so much better than PES6. For me, PES6 is mor like this FIFA Shit. Arcade with unrealistic fast Gameplay, unrealistic fast Movement. If you learn how the Players move and how the Animation Sequences take their Time it is so enjoyable if you find the right Timing for Passing or Shooting.
And with the best Mods here on EvoWeb this Game is for me THE best Football SIMULATION on the Planet. I enjoy this Game so often, more then i hate this Game (when i loose).
Hope that this Game will be the new PES6 in Terms of Patches and Mods, cause this new Konami Game (€football PES 2023) is not worth a single Download. Only focused on mobile Gaming and make Money.

MfG ZeRoberta

For me personally, eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (or let's call it PES 2021) is the best Football Game after PES6. I was enjoying PES6 for so long (from 2005-2016). Then i switched to the new PES Games and on of the Things that annoyed me the most was this Lag when starting an Action (Shooting or Passing...). It took so much longer Time than it did in PES6. But after Learning it from the hard Side i found out that these new PES Games are in terms of Reality so much better than PES6. For me, PES6 is mor like this FIFA Shit. Arcade with unrealistic fast Gameplay, unrealistic fast Movement. If you learn how the Players move and how the Animation Sequences take their Time it is so enjoyable if you find the right Timing for Passing or Shooting.
And with the best Mods here on EvoWeb this Game is for me THE best Football SIMULATION on the Planet. I enjoy this Game so often, more then i hate this Game (when i loose).
Hope that this Game will be the new PES6 in Terms of Patches and Mods, cause this new Konami Game (€football PES 2023) is not worth a single Download. Only focused on mobile Gaming and make Money.

MfG ZeRoberta
Personally 2020/21 are more eFootball than PES and it shows in the poor responsiveness and lack of atmosphere. 19 was the last true PES and the last one to feel like PES.

PES 2019 is my favorite on the ball experience of any PES ever. Too bad the AI is complete garbage defensively in that game.
Ga
I've been really enjoying PES 2018 with the followiing mods!

EXE: https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2018/04/pes-2018-realistic-gameplay-by-nesa24.html by @nesa24
dt18: https://pes-files.ru/pes_2018_dt_18_testing_gameplay_by_incas36 by Sensei @incas36

Professional or Top Player.

Nesa's gameplay totally fixes the tackling issue present in vanilla, in which closing down space is pretty much broken. In this gameplay, tackling is much more similar to other PES editions. :)

Incas dt18 creates "Superstar values" for Professional, meaning the scripts are gone, but the CPU plays at a high SS level. :TU:

I've really liked this combination.. Here is a really fun game playing in my Master League Save with Steaua Bucharest!

Another note: I really like the way rainy weather plays in PES 2018. You can really feel the difference, the slippery conditions, the ball moving differently, players falling and tripping, it's just great and very realistic! I'd encourage you guys to try this combo, I've realy had fun!
DLNesas gameplay patch, really great, im strongly thinking of getting a ML on this game, brilliant one
Let me know if you have a patch tip (17-18 season) with kits etc

So is the option pes18 is the best? Has anyone managed to update it to present day with patches ? Thinking of buying the game if goos mods are available

So is the option pes18 is the best? Has anyone managed to update it to present day with patches ? Thinking of buying the game if goos mods are available
Taste and opinion i guess, never played 21, 20 decent, 19 horribly boring ai, think 18 was the game were the AI still played "organic" taking you on, dribblimng taking long rangers crossing, and suprising you

I played quite a big amount of 21 over the last few weeks, kinda overplayed it I think. It's refreshing and a fairly good representation of football if you haven't played it for some time, but after a while it get's boring because of the repetiveness and stiffness in my opinion.
PES 19 is the best looking game with the best pitches. I remember my first game in the demo playing as Inter in the Giuseppe-Meazza, was blown away by the grass and the colours. Unfortunately the ai is kinda boring as rockstrongo said.
I played some matches in 17 and 18 too the last 2 weekends. While the ai in 17 still is the best for me I had way more fun with 18. It lacks of physicality though but the pace on the pitch and the dribbling is on point.
If I would have to choose from these games, I would probably tend to PES 18. (All played on console, so no mods for me.)

Best option would be the ai and physicality of PES 17, the dribblings and pace of 18, the graphics of 19 and the (ball)physics of 21.

2018 was, as @el niche said, faster paced, and yeah the AI is quite dumb, so you could sometimes get quite easy goals.
The mechanics are a bit more suited for some co-op kind of match, and the game can be a bit weird at times, with a few bugs.

2019 is too heavy and also quite scripted at times, so didn't really like it, feels like almost all goals can be scored in the same 2-3 ways, and other ways to score will be blocked by the AI

2020 was just OK at best, it was also scripted but I think the earlier versions of Pes 2020 were a really solid base, and it could have been improved over time for a good PES 2022, but we don't talk about that. As @Flipper the Priest said, the different iterations make it difficult to really compare, but 2018 and 2019 had less of the differences I'd say, compared to PES 2020 early versions and final version, which I didn't like, it feels too scripted and either too heavy or too fast at times

2021 was the exact same man, I really liked the game for the first 2-3 months of the release, then after like 2nd DP update and all that, I lost interest, all that kept me going was some Master League saves, which I managed to go 2 seasons with Ajax, and 4 with Barcelona, and then I stopped
The final version of 2021 really fails to keep any interest in me

I would rather play PES 2013 , 2014 or 2015 or 2011
I think if you really want to choose between these games, you would just have to play them yourself.

But if you ask my opinion, PES 2018 and 2021 are the good ones out of them (I mean decent and playable at least and not too scripted and heavy)
agree totally, i d rather player older engine pes than these new ones.

I played quite a big amount of 21 over the last few weeks, kinda overplayed it I think. It's refreshing and a fairly good representation of football if you haven't played it for some time, but after a while it get's boring because of the repetiveness and stiffness in my opinion.
PES 19 is the best looking game with the best pitches. I remember my first game in the demo playing as Inter in the Giuseppe-Meazza, was blown away by the grass and the colours. Unfortunately the ai is kinda boring as rockstrongo said.
I played some matches in 17 and 18 too the last 2 weekends. While the ai in 17 still is the best for me I had way more fun with 18. It lacks of physicality though but the pace on the pitch and the dribbling is on point.
If I would have to choose from these games, I would probably tend to PES 18. (All played on console, so no mods for me.)

Best option would be the ai and physicality of PES 17, the dribblings and pace of 18, the graphics of 19 and the (ball)physics of 21.
my main problem is the stiffness on legendary difficulty vs cpu, and ML cpu cheating, it s just too rigid

19 horribly boring ai

[sarcasm mode on]
Yeah, PES18 AI with its tiki-taka in front of goalkeeper during defending is way better!

Fortunately, I'm too bad for legendary difficulty

Well, high difficulties are too scripted. I play PES19 on Pro. Best experience in my life. AI still can score and I can play positional football instead fighting with scripts.

[sarcasm mode on]
Yeah, PES18 AI with its tiki-taka in front of goalkeeper during defending is way better!

Well, high difficulties are too scripted. I play PES19 on Pro. Best experience in my life. AI still can score and I can play positional football instead fighting with scripts.
PES 19 isnt a hill im willing to die on...
We all heard you about a million times now, gets a bit boring, you like it fine, seems like youre pretty alone on that.
Have a nice day

19 is like a polished 18. The physics were tightened and things like the referee skipping like a child were taken out. It's the only FIFA where if you play the CPU against the CPU, the game is actually different every time, 18 for instance is the same score with the same scorers at the same time intervals however many times you get the CPU to play itself, 19 isn't like that at all, there is freedom and different decisions made sometimes.
FIFA right?

FIFA right?
Yes sir. It was very similar with PES. I don’t know what happened in 2017 because both PES and FIFA followed pretty tactically good releases in 2016 with FIFA 17 and PES 17 then both titles went a tiny bit random in 18 although both FIFA/PES 18 titles are incredible compared to 20-24. The CPU is more exciting and ‘run and gun’ in PES 18 which led to easy counter attacks if you played a long ball as even on FUMA, your player always seemed to get open. Both PES/FIFA 18-19 are my favorite modern day iterations of the series.

(and yep, I did post in the wrong forum 😂😂)

Last edited:
Yes sir. It was very similar with PES. I don’t know what happened in 2017 because both PES and FIFA followed pretty tactically good releases in 2016 with FIFA 17 and PES 17 then both titles went a tiny bit random in 18 although both FIFA/PES 18 titles are incredible compared to 20-24. The CPU is more exciting and ‘run and gun’ in PES 18 which led to easy counter attacks if you played a long ball as even on FUMA, your player always seemed to get open. Both PES/FIFA 18-19 are my favorite modern day iterations of the series.

(and yep, I did post in the wrong forum 😂😂)
Ha ha No worries mate, just got confused.
Its pretty weird that a lot of games had its best games 16-17-18ish
Prs-fifa -nba 2k

Ha ha No worries mate, just got confused.
Its pretty weird that a lot of games had its best games 16-17-18ish
Prs-fifa -nba 2k
have you tried pes 17 but with a mod that alters the cpu creativity, and ML scripting? for example, dynamic difficulty and such? i think it would be the best PES lately

Back
Top Bottom