PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I'd love to see that back because it would give one the opportunity to play against like minded people without having to use extra stuff like websites or apps to keep track of the league/cup. I think it would be somewhat of a success as I know of at least 3 communities playing private tournaments and either way I think it's sorely needed with the state of the current setup of online gaming.

But again, if Konami don't have a way to monetize it they don't see it as being in their interest to spend ressources on it. If they did it they would probably charge for it in some way...

That was in PES11 and it was a-w-e-s-o-m-e

Not only did it keep track of the fixtures, the order in which the fixtures have to be played in....it also recorded the cards and suspensions. And the most important of all, accumulated fatigue! So all the teams who play crazy press gotta actually rest their players from time to time.

Even with all of us who play leagues now using websites and apps, it'd still be good to have that online community league mode back.

^^
Sounds amazing with the fatigue and suspensions as well - would be great if they brought it back!

On another note, people here recently talked about a DLC for WC18, I just saw this link posted on WENB:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155329933889327&id=280573964326

"Comming soon, 14th of June" a clear reference to the World Cup.

I actually never knew PES did World Cup games/DLCs as I thought it was too risky for them with it being a FIFA tournament.

Now, if they would only make an online filter for national teams!

World Cup DLC may end up as a free update of squads/kits, with maybe some new teams getting licensed. I wouldn't mind an addition of International Challenge mode, like in 2014 (though that was paid DLC). Funny how there's still not a single word about World Cup stuff for FIFA aside from that Spanish commentator's mention about recording new lines.

In the meantime, I'm playing PES 2014 on PC right now and it's been an absolute shitshow. Anything positive I could say about this game (which at the time I've managed to enjoy somehow despite tons of shortcomings and waiting months before it was patched into something that resembled a finished game) is buried ten feet under due to the horrible input lag alone. Everything your players do is at most an approximation of what you wanted to happen - it's like trying to steer an aircraft carrier through Venetian Canals.

As I mentioned before, I wanted to try out and compare all of the Fox Engine PES games, so for a start I decided to play around 50 matches in each, on same settings, with most of games played as AC Milan during a full season in Italian League (which also includes domestic and European cups). Currently I'm in 1/3 of the season in 2014 and I already want it to end, I can't say I enjoyed even 5 minutes out of the 25 games I had so far. I know a lot of people here hold PES 2014 in high regard, but I have to say that for me there is no turning back, and I am kind of surprised honestly cause I did not expect to be this disappointed. I still miss some (miniscule) stuff from it though... like the kit physics - still better than what we have today. And the GK/shot interaction (what most of us agree still needs a lot of work) struck me as having a more natural feel to it, though still far from what we used to have.

I know full well this feeling, in the beginning this game looked like anything I've ever dreamed for a soccer game (animations in particular, but also player models, lights, a lot of the small separate good things of the gameplay) and I wanted so bad to like it that I tried the hardest for more than 130 hours.. sure enough, I don't think I've ever tried so hard to like a game, other Pes included.

But eventually the bad of this game turns to be so awfully bad that you have to either drop it or hypnotize yourself in giving up every conception of gaming and soccer that bring you to like this very same saga in the past.

Absolutely agree the game looks and moves 10 times better than it plays which leaves you wanting and hoping to like it and try to look for the positive but its a frustaring experience

For all it’s dings and strange positions,and the obvious scripting,can’t help but having bundles of fun with Pes 17.
Outside Pes 5/6 must have been the game I’ve played the most in the Pes series.

The titles released last year (Pes 18/fifa 18) have been the most disappointing year in a long time.
Fifa guys are playing a modded 16,Pes 17 seems to have a revival again.
One hopes,that this year will be better than last,can’t be worse?
Right?

Did quit Pes 18 in massive disappointment,moved on to fifa 17,had a good time,but got kinda stiff after a few seasons,moved on to Fifa 18,felt ok for a season or so,but the constant updates are killing the fun of it,just like the low free kick count,never becomes fun for us offliners,just tweaks to suit the online crowd.
Everyone to themselves,not gonna whine about those games (fifa 17/18/Pes 18) probably play them every now and then.

So glad I found the joy in Pes again with 17,and can’t believe I can say this,but need to hit the training ground for some free kick practise,had four good opportunities last game,shanked them all.
17 has to be the worst football game year in a while right?

For all it’s dings and strange positions,and the obvious scripting,can’t help but having bundles of fun with Pes 17.
Outside Pes 5/6 must have been the game I’ve played the most in the Pes series.

The titles released last year (Pes 18/fifa 18) have been the most disappointing year in a long time.
Fifa guys are playing a modded 16,Pes 17 seems to have a revival again.
One hopes,that this year will be better than last,can’t be worse?
Right?

Did quit Pes 18 in massive disappointment,moved on to fifa 17,had a good time,but got kinda stiff after a few seasons,moved on to Fifa 18,felt ok for a season or so,but the constant updates are killing the fun of it,just like the low free kick count,never becomes fun for us offliners,just tweaks to suit the online crowd.
Everyone to themselves,not gonna whine about those games (fifa 17/18/Pes 18) probably play them every now and then.

So glad I found the joy in Pes again with 17,and can’t believe I can say this,but need to hit the training ground for some free kick practise,had four good opportunities last game,shanked them all.
17 has to be the worst football game year in a while right?

I had a match today were I scored 2 goals on free kicks ahah. Here´s one of them:

Goal - J Wilshere

It was like the game was telling me "See? You never had this kind of things on PES 2018!"

It convinced me to stay with it for a couple more matches. I´m sure I´m gonna play a couple more seasons now.

Are there any up to date option files for ps4 for pes 17
and @StayingPower i have n't find something updated until march 2018 but i searched some OFs in "pesgaming" (i dont know if it is allowed from EVOWEB's rules to post links from other pes-forums) that were updated until mid-summer 2017 and i had done the transfers and the player stats updates like Mbappe,D. Sanchez etc by myself.

I had a match today were I scored 2 goals on free kicks ahah. Here´s one of them:

Goal - J Wilshere

It was like the game was telling me "See? You never had this kind of things on PES 2018!"

It convinced me to stay with it for a couple more matches. I´m sure I´m gonna play a couple more seasons now.
Wow,great free kick bro.
Need to practice mine more,spent an hour yesterday practicing curved and dipping free kicks.
Hope I never get a penalty (no chance righ?) haven’t got a clue how to take em:)
Yes,thought I’d play a few games a couple days ago,now I’ve almost played half a season

Wow,great free kick bro.
Need to practice mine more,spent an hour yesterday practicing curved and dipping free kicks.
Hope I never get a penalty (no chance righ?) haven’t got a clue how to take em:)
Yes,thought I’d play a few games a couple days ago,now I’ve almost played half a season

Same feeling here mate! There´s something in manual pass, top player, that I couldn´t get in 2018. I felt like I was always playing the same moves. I don´t know why but here I can try awesome varied things through the middle, it´s like there are more options, but maybe it´s just me.

Same feeling here mate! There´s something in manual pass, top player, that I couldn´t get in 2018. I felt like I was always playing the same moves. I don´t know why but here I can try awesome varied things through the middle, it´s like there are more options, but maybe it´s just me.
Feel exactly the same,shame that Pes 18 can’t deliver that feeling and gameplay,it’s a great looking game,but something is off there.
What game speed do u use,I’ve gone back to -1 from 0,you used to play -2 right?

Feel exactly the same,shame that Pes 18 can’t deliver that feeling and gameplay,it’s a great looking game,but something is off there.
What game speed do u use,I’ve gone back to -1 from 0,you used to play -2 right?

Oh I can´t seem to consider other speed than -2. Maybe I should try -1, but -2 is already fast enough, specially after playing pes 2018, wich was slower. I guess PES 2017 represents a bit more the fast paced matches, but at the same time the balance and positioning is so much better than 2018!

Defending is much more intuitive and responsive. On 2018 defending one on one situations are a nightmare, and it feels so scripted when CPU has to score. That´s what made me quit. Like I said before, I had to fight against my team positioning, instead of fighting the CPU, even with teaked tactics, I was struggling at some matches, were CPU made things that shouldn´t be possible. It didn´t matter if their forward was marked by two CB´s, CPU still lobbed a ball for a perfect header, from miles out of the box. It idn´t make sense most of the time, wich made me quit lots of matches through my seasons, so after all, no joy there.

Oh I can´t seem to consider other speed than -2. Maybe I should try -1, but -2 is already fast enough, specially after playing pes 2018, wich was slower. I guess PES 2017 represents a bit more the fast paced matches, but at the same time the balance and positioning is so much better than 2018!

Defending is much more intuitive and responsive. On 2018 defending one on one situations are a nightmare, and it feels so scripted when CPU has to score. That´s what made me quit. Like I said before, I had to fight against my team positioning, instead of fighting the CPU, even with teaked tactics, I was struggling at some matches, were CPU made things that shouldn´t be possible. It didn´t matter if their forward was marked by two CB´s, CPU still lobbed a ball for a perfect header, from miles out of the box. It idn´t make sense most of the time, wich made me quit lots of matches through my seasons, so after all, no joy there.
Defending and the strange positioning is what broke it for me as well.
I can take chipped through balls and back hells,but every time I switch player in defence,the seem to take a strange step out of position,or not be close to their player at all.
I love defending in 17,that’s probably what makes it so fun,and I’ve always built my team from the back.
Will be making some transfers in my 17 ML (half way in my 3rd season) my tactics are 4-3-3,but I also play a 3-5-2,so need to sell a LB or a RB and get another Cb in

I was playing and old save, at SL benfica, just to feel the game. But know that I´m ejoying it, I think I might give it a fresh start in a new ML, some 2nd division team.

The only major thing I don´t like in 2017 ML, is the regen system. It´s soooo annoying! I mean, it looks like every single world class retired player lands on my youth team! It takes all the fun away.

I was playing and old save, at SL benfica, just to feel the game. But know that I´m ejoying it, I think I might give it a fresh start in a new ML, some 2nd division team.

The only major thing I don´t like in 2017 ML, is the regen system. It´s soooo annoying! I mean, it looks like every single world class retired player lands on my youth team! It takes all the fun away.
That’s annoying,I never use any regens,to bad since you wanna have a good youth squad,luckily enough I have at least 4-5 young players in my Milan squad.
My first Pes 17 ML I played 6 seasons with Milan and the young players got really good,players like locatelli/Cutrone etc,had them out on loan a couple of seasons then slowly started to bring them in,in the end they were all starters

Don't want to derail the thread at all, just asking to be pointed in the right direction of any thread on here or anywhere else where I can get the latest patches for PES 6, just been at my brother in law's and he has an old PC copy that I've stolen and installed. Looking forward to giving it another game (though I'd rather have PES5)

I had to fight against my team positioning, instead of fighting the CPU
This is the key phrase for PES 2018. Every ML match in SS is like you play against 22, 11 cpu and the wrong decisions/positiong of your 11 players. It gives a feeling that everything goes wrong and you are for some reason in a bad situation in every match from 0' till 90'. Like a survival-horror game and you must find a solution to win the match, not just play your football.
In 17 ML superstar i keep advancing rapidly finished my first season in my new save. Fasinating season nice job from pes 2017. The only flaws that you also mentioned and were there last year and decreased the longevity of the game despite the pure fun:
1) Too fast paced and rashed gameplay
2) Limited scoring options (75% headers and 25% ~some tap-in shoots,some from cutback passes in empty goalpost)
3) BAd regen system as you mentined before
4) Limited contract and transfer negotations system (2018 is better here but still both 17 and 18 more limited than before 2015 versions)
5) The missing transfer/wage budget slider to move money between two budgets.
Despite these 5 facts, it is still pretty enjoyable after 1,5 year of release and i hope i will repeat a 6-7 seasons run like last year.In my 2018 ML i play only one match per day just for the advancing illusion.

Indeed, PES 2017 is a more reifned game. I truly believe we are going to have a mix between 2017 and 2018 next year. I think they worked on animations (wich are much better IMO), but this brings incorrections to the general flow of the game. It really looks like the gameplay was cut to a more basic and limited approach.

PES 2017 looks older, but feels deeper and better. Funny I´ve been playing with other mentality and I´ve seen more stuff than I used to, and the goal variety is not that bad. It´s not perfect, but it´s a fresh game after playing 2018 for a long time.

Don't want to derail the thread at all, just asking to be pointed in the right direction of any thread on here or anywhere else where I can get the latest patches for PES 6, just been at my brother in law's and he has an old PC copy that I've stolen and installed. Looking forward to giving it another game (though I'd rather have PES5)

Check out this thread by Sany: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/

Loads of pes 4,5,6, WE9LE installers there. Easy installer of the game already patched.

DYo15AOWkAIpbBs.jpg

DYo15AcXcAEh4kD.jpg

DYo15ANWAAcxe05.jpg

DYo15AnXcAArs2-.jpg

They really need to work more on cloth physics.
Nedved's shorts look like they're made out of stone.
Also players' hands look bigger than they should.
Look at right hand of last Del Piero pic lol.
They made a decent job overall in this version with player models but still they have to fix and improve some things in that aspect and also make better hair and cloth physics.
Fox Engine is a stiff engine overall so i don't know how much improvement we can expect.It still has many arcady robotic elements in it unfortunately.That's why the bad shooting and stiff movement etc.
I think we will have to wait for a new better engine to see real improvement in all these issues.

Konami use Del Piero at this age and miss the hair
Maybe like Maradona (and Beckham I think ?) we will get an older Del Piero
Ucapan%2BSelamat%2BUlang%2BTahun%2Buntuk%2BAlessandro%2BDel%2BPiero%2B%2Bkomrom.jpg

Konami use Del Piero at this age and miss the hair
Maybe like Maradona (and Beckham I think ?) we will get an older Del Piero
Yeah, there's not much accuracy in his hair if we consider that the kit Del Piero wears in the Konami preview is from 2003. The pic you posted is most likely from 1996 (judging by the white patch with the name on the back, it's a shot from the 1996 UCL final in Rome) so I would expect his hair being different from the Konami pic but in 2003 Del Piero used to have either short-shaved hair (like here in the 2002/2003 kit) or a haircut like this (late 2003, early 2004) and none of the two looks like that pic.

Also, it's nice to see Konami not giving a flying f**k and releasing Juventus legends anyway.

Last edited:
They don't make players like those anymore.
Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar and co have to take a back seat to players like Del Piero/Zidane/Pirlo/Maldini/Ronaldo/Nesta!
Marone!!!

Back
Top Bottom