PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I disappear a few days and now everyone's hopped on the PES 17 bandwagon haha. I take credit for all of it .
Jokes aside, I have to say I've has a blast with it the last few weeks. It's sloppy, there's actually a midfield, and with the game speed set to -2 the game feels measured and more calculated.

Currently been playing on 15 minutes. Might bump it up to 20 to get higher shot totals.

Also shout out to @papinho81 and @Matt10 because I genuinely think their tactical edits have enhanced my experience.

Last match I played, in BAL, the fight for space was real. I couldn't maneuver infield as I usually do as a left footed right winger. I only managed to score late on because the match opened up (opposition was chasing the game).

And finally Nedved was one of my favorite players growing up so that announcement pic got me all feeling nostalgic. And old. But mostly nostalgic.

I disappear a few days and now everyone's hopped on the PES 17 bandwagon haha. I take credit for all of it .
Jokes aside, I have to say I've has a blast with it the last few weeks. It's sloppy, there's actually a midfield, and with the game speed set to -2 the game feels measured and more calculated.

Currently been playing on 15 minutes. Might bump it up to 20 to get higher shot totals.

Also shout out to @papinho81 and @Matt10 because I genuinely think their tactical edits have enhanced my experience.

Last match I played, in BAL, the fight for space was real. I couldn't maneuver infield as I usually do as a left footed right winger. I only managed to score late on because the match opened up (opposition was chasing the game).

And finally Nedved was one of my favorite players growing up so that announcement pic got me all feeling nostalgic. And old. But mostly nostalgic.
You speak about Pes 2017 or 2018?

Papinho81 tactics for PES 2017 are the best. I just wish he updated some, given how many people are back to that game :)

I'm still on the Pes 18 bandwagon and i won't jump out until September when it finally crashes lol.
Now that i've seen and felt it's fluidity,animations,player models,graphics etc. i just can't go back to 17's downgraded version(i'm on pc),shitty bulky player models and ugly baggy ass shorts.And also it's much more stiff and arcady in movement than 18.I don't know how someone would prefer it over 18.Well i know actually but it's just a figure of speech lol.

18 on -1 speed and 20 min matches it has problems but it's decent.Yeah defending is more difficult than on 17 but on 17 it was very automatic.Your defenders would always be where they should and the cpu helped you too much and it felt like you didn't have to struggle to defend properly.Now on 18 you have to be very focused and careful because it's a more manual defending system.You have to close pass angles and not press too much otherwise you'll get dribbled or leave space behind that you shouldn't.I prefer it like this than to be fully automated.I understand that it can be frustrating for some but you can just lower the difficulty if you can't handle it.

With 17 i remember tons of people saying that it wasn't challenging enough and they wanted it more difficult.Even guys who made gameplay patches had requests like ''please make cpu attacking AI better and more clinical'' etc.
And now that it's challenging they complain that it's very difficult and frustrating.But Konami made it more difficult because people asked for this.I agree that they didn't make this in a very right way,but used cheap shortcuts like scripting but it is what it is.I don't understand arguments and videos saying ''hey look here,cpu scored and i couldn't do anything about it''.So what?It happens in games and in real matches also.
There are 2 ways to concede a goal.Either you make a mistake and you pay for it or the opponent team makes a perfect play or shoot or whatever and you just can't do anything about it.Yeah there is also the luck factor in real life but you can't expect from a video game to perfectly replicate the randomness and luck of a real match so it must have some scripts in it.This is unavoidable.If you could be that perfect and never make a mistake or be able to deal with every perfect play of the opponent then you would never concede a goal.But that's not possible and it's good that it's not.Both in game and in real life.

I think many people get frustrated just because they're losing.So just lose.So what?
Take West Ham for example and be prepared to have your ass kicked many times and really struggle to survive the relegation like it should be.Or put it on Top Player and qualify for Europa League.It's your choice.But on Superstar it's supposed to be very difficult and frustrating like it is.That's why it's called Superstar.I know that it doesn't have the perfect balance and many times average teams play like super teams but at least it's difficult like it should be on that level.

Other than that it's a fact that the game has many things that must be improved and i think they will at least to some degree.In the past years i always liked more and found better the next Pes than the previous.I'm pretty sure this will be the case with Pes 19 also.In my opinion it keeps improving every year.Not in big steps but still improving.I just hope these steps will become bigger.Until then i still find a way to enjoy Pes 18 despite all of it's problems and i really look forward to what they'll introduce for September.
6 months to go...Come On You Japs!
C.O.Y.J. lol :DD

Last edited:
I started a League with Liverpool a while back, once the transfers were in. Had a bitch of a time with it, lost most matches and was considering taking the difficulty down from Top Player to Professional. At this point I was out of the FA cup, my CL group campaign was shambles and I was somewhere around 18th in the League. I had tried every goddamn formation available but I was being slaughtered week in week out. In the unlikely event that I reached a draw it was because I was 1-0 or 2-0 down and then the other team decided to equalize late.
But I persisted, and for some reason, even if I was doing everything pretty much the same (went back to my old 4-3-3), things started to turn around. Liverpool has been steadily climbing up the table (a memorable 4-3 against United was a highlight) and last night I played the last game in the CL group, against Bayern, one where I needed a win or a 0-0 draw. Except it was Salah time and the match ended 5-1.

So right now, having a lot of fun with the game.

One thing that needs to change in PES since the dawn of time (was it ever ok?) is that ratings system. Firmino was on absolute fire in that last match for me, had a thunderbolt goal from outside the box, one assist for Salah and was just all around mental as he tends to be IRL. 6.5 says Konami. At least Salah got an 8.0 for 3 goals and an assist.

I liked very much pes 18 to be honest. After this lastest patch the game became less cheated on superstar. Ai make more mistakes and commit more fouls. This definantely not placebo. Ok, it have a lot space to improve but I think they are in the right direction. Im a offline player and Im never play manual pass o shot so, imo it have to improve on stats, passing error, first time touches, diferences on shooting tragetory and body position context. All those thing that made PES/WE unique.

I started a League with Liverpool a while back, once the transfers were in. Had a bitch of a time with it, lost most matches and was considering taking the difficulty down from Top Player to Professional. At this point I was out of the FA cup, my CL group campaign was shambles and I was somewhere around 18th in the League. I had tried every goddamn formation available but I was being slaughtered week in week out. In the unlikely event that I reached a draw it was because I was 1-0 or 2-0 down and then the other team decided to equalize late.
But I persisted, and for some reason, even if I was doing everything pretty much the same (went back to my old 4-3-3), things started to turn around. Liverpool has been steadily climbing up the table (a memorable 4-3 against United was a highlight) and last night I played the last game in the CL group, against Bayern, one where I needed a win or a 0-0 draw. Except it was Salah time and the match ended 5-1.

So right now, having a lot of fun with the game.

One thing that needs to change in PES since the dawn of time (was it ever ok?) is that ratings system. Firmino was on absolute fire in that last match for me, had a thunderbolt goal from outside the box, one assist for Salah and was just all around mental as he tends to be IRL. 6.5 says Konami. At least Salah got an 8.0 for 3 goals and an assist.
Yeah the ratings system is not very good and must improve.Also it's bad that you only can have a 6.0,6.5,7.0,7.5 etc. and not 6.8,7.2,7.8,8.3 etc like on Fifa.They must fix this for sure but unfortunately they don't pay attention to these details.I really hope they'll take a more serious approach with all these presentation elements.

If they want to go the easy way, just add a line of code which adds one whole point to each rating. Sounds absurd, but it would still make the rating system instantly better.

I think many people get frustrated just because they're losing.So just lose.So what?
Take West Ham for example and be prepared to have your ass kicked many times and really struggle to survive the relegation like it should be.Or put it on Top Player and qualify for Europa League.It's your choice.But on Superstar it's supposed to be very difficult and frustrating like it is.That's why it's called Superstar.I know that it doesn't have the perfect balance and many times average teams play like super teams but at least it's difficult like it should be on that level.

There are already thousand of posts explaining to you why and how it isn't the case. I'd suggest you to enjoy Pes 2018 and stop taking jabs at people who can't because it's bringing us nowhere.

If they want to go the easy way, just add a line of code which adds one whole point to each rating. Sounds absurd, but it would still make the rating system instantly better.
Well i hope they won't go the easy way but instead really work to have a more correct and detailed rating system and presentation in general.

There are already thousand of posts explaining to you why and how it isn't the case. I'd suggest you to enjoy Pes 2018 and stop taking jabs at people who can't because it's bringing us nowhere.
There are already thousands of annoying posts from people who are saying that the game is shit...so i'd suggest you continue to hate PES2018 and stop taking jabs at people who like the game, because that is bringing us nowhere.

Infuriating reponse isn't it? See what i did there.

Why can't Dennis post his opinion and why do you think you can? You treat him with a lack of respect.

This is a patronising post? Yes, it is.
I should have reported you for a breach in what is essential in discussions on forums: respect for people who have different opinions and for their opinion.

I don't want to go somewhere,i'm saying my opinion.And that is that it is the case and some people are frustrated from this but if they're winning then they enjoy the game.I didn't say that it happens for all the people.You may have your own reasons and that's your business.
To say that it isn't the case for everyone it's wrong.I'm pretty sure that if the game wasn't so difficult to win then many people wouldn't bashing it so bad.I'm not taking jabs at anyone.Anyone can or can't enjoy whatever they want,i don't really care.I care and i write what i enjoy or not.
Some things are not debateable and i don't care to win any debate.Some people like some things and some people don't and everyone has different preferences.It is what it is.

There are already thousands of annoying posts from people who are saying that the game is shit...so i'd suggest you continue to hate PES2018 and stop taking jabs at people who like the game, because that is bringing us nowhere.

Why can't Dennis post his opinion and why do you think you can? You treat him with a lack of respect.

I should have reported you for a breach in what is essential in discussions on forums: respect for people who have different opinions and for their opinion.

EDIT because on second thoughts I think it's useless to give answers to somebody out for "patronizing" (lol) others.

I still invite you to report me, by the way.

Last edited:
I don't want to go somewhere,i'm saying my opinion.And that is that it is the case and some people are frustrated from this but if they're winning then they enjoy the game.I didn't say that it happens for all the people.You may have your own reasons and that's your business.
To say that it isn't the case for everyone it's wrong.I'm pretty sure that if the game wasn't so difficult to win then many people wouldn't bashing it so bad.I'm not taking jabs at anyone.Anyone can or can't enjoy whatever they want,i don't really care.I care and i write what i enjoy or not.
Some things are not debateable and i don't care to win any debate.Some people like some things and some people don't and everyone has different preferences.It is what it is.

Fine enough, thanks for explaining yourself. That's what happens between civil persons after all.

I repeat that, in case this wasn't clear, to me you have every right to like and enjoy this game. And I also agree some things aren't debatable since we have all our personal versions of what is enjoable as a soccer sim.

Last edited:
I think that it's a bit of comical to seriously talk about respect and disrespect in a Pes forum lol.
So take it easy guys with the reports and everything.
Good post gerd but it's not really such a big deal.Thanks anyway and good wordplay by the way lol.
We're all just talking about a football video game and everyone likes something and dislikes something else.
No need to give it much more attention than it is.

Re: @Madmac79 and the last few posts, I'm pretty sure his frustration stems from:

I understand that it can be frustrating for some but you can just lower the difficulty if you can't handle it. [...] I think many people get frustrated just because they're losing.So just lose.

Because that can be read as "people don't like the game because it's too hard, boo-hoo you babies, it's a real man's game". Which would be brainless bullshit.

However, I don't believe it was intended that way - I believe the context shows it's meant as "the game (in my opinion) doesn't get a fair chance because the AI is more difficult to beat".

So let's all calm down now - it's been a much nicer atmosphere in here lately, with lots of constructive criticism and genuine enjoyment together in perfect harmony.

You should deffo go 20 min,it’s not only 5 mins longer,but gameplay is different on it as well,everything the cpu needs to cram in to 15,is done in 20 instead.
Big difference

Re: @Madmac79 and the last few posts, I'm pretty sure his frustration stems from:

Because that can be read as "people don't like the game because it's too hard, boo-hoo you babies, it's a real man's game". Which would be brainless bullshit.

However, I don't believe it was intended that way - I believe the context shows it's meant as "the game (in my opinion) doesn't get a fair chance because the AI is more difficult to beat".

So let's all calm down now - it's been a much nicer atmosphere in here lately, with lots of constructive criticism and genuine enjoyment together in perfect harmony.
Ohh...So it's a really hard game huh?...Well BOO-HOO you babies!...It's a real man's game and only i'm man enough to play it!:D

Ohh...So it's a really hard game huh?...Well BOO-HOO you babies!...It's a real man's game and only i'm man enough to play it!:D
giphy.gif

Calm down dude. No need for that.

I played as Arsenal versus Chelsea in Pes 18 in Community Shield and they fouled me 6-7 times and also had 3 bookings.
20 min match and -1 speed.
I'm also playing some Fifa 18 20 min matches and i literally see no fouls at all.Maybe 1 at most.
So people that were saying and thinking that Fifa has more fouls than Pes...well...think again.
But i'm not hating on Fifa either.It has some things that i like so i play it sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom