PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

WTF is that mop on his head? And Del piero isn't built :/
I remember kits being a lot more baggy back then too.

b7888fe70c4902989470c641b5e8670f.jpg

I played as Arsenal versus Chelsea in Pes 18 in Community Shield and they fouled me 6-7 times and also had 3 bookings.
20 min match and -1 speed.
I'm also playing some Fifa 18 20 min matches and i literally see no fouls at all.Maybe 1 at most.
So people that were saying and thinking that Fifa has more fouls than Pes...well...think again.
But i'm not hating on Fifa either.It has some things that i like so i play it sometimes.

I've noticed a definite increase in fouls on PES and a significant reduction in FIFA. No doubt about it.

I can get regularly between 4 and 7 fouls in fifa per game , for me it isn't an issue. I was a massive issue in pes 18 and still was in December the last time I played it but it isn't the biggest issue by a long shot ..the 7 perfect back heels by stoke in the first half frustrated me far more to the point I turned it off once and for all

I remember kits being a lot more baggy back then too.
Yeah in the 1990s they probably were, even if no kit in the world ever reached the PES 2014 level of 'baggy'.

I don't recall having seen any tight kit before Kappa released the 'Kombat' series (which year was it? 1999 or 2000 most likely). If I recall correctly they went on being the only ones producing tight kits for years, then came the 2010 Nike 'slim fit' models and, most of all, the Techfit shirts by Adidas. From there on it looked like all the kits (or a vast majority of them, anyway) would follow the 'slim fit' approach (and thanks Heaven we don't have Techfit anymore).

Thank god they’ve moved away from the slim fit kits.
Remember how ridiculous Immobile looked in his BVB kit,also the Uber slim kits used by Napoli a few years back (macron?)

Serie A kits in my opinion have always been the benchmark for stunning designs.
So to throw Pes 18 in to the discussion.
Best looking kit?

Mine are
1 Fiorentina
2 Lazio
3 Hellas Verona

Don’t think the video is complete though

Yeah in the 1990s they probably were, even if no kit in the world ever reached the PES 2014 level of 'baggy'.

I don't recall having seen any tight kit before Kappa released the 'Kombat' series (which year was it? 1999 or 2000 most likely). If I recall correctly they went on being the only ones producing tight kits for years, then came the 2010 Nike 'slim fit' models and, most of all, the Techfit shirts by Adidas. From there on it looked like all the kits (or a vast majority of them, anyway) would follow the 'slim fit' approach (and thanks Heaven we don't have Techfit anymore).

I do like that the kits got closer fitting and that's just fashion evolving for ya. However, i totally forgot about the Addidas Tech Fit shirts, What a marketing ploy that was!

My first introduction to the Kappa kits was i think PES 3, Roma had them and was licensed and i'd not seen them play before in real life either (Internet wasn't the Godsend back then that it is now) and only had seen them in Match Magazine! I thought it was unusual but pretty cool too, being that i was a kid.

what i dont understand about these PES and FIFA is this and its only my opinion.
We pay 40 quid ish for the game gave or take a fiver
PES release an unfinished game - certainly in PES 18 case - the last patch finally sorts out PES 17 so you naturally think gloss up 18 - keep the gameplay with minor improvements. But they don't its like tey have taken a step back and 17 is now unsupported.

FIFA on the other hand normally release a decent game and then mess it up with various patches and time goes on then improve it and then mess it up - it's as though they are trying to please everyone throughout the year.

Not sure what the fix is or if there will ever be one - maybe if PES get the game play sorted and make it fully editable but for consoles thats not going to happen and would end up with a loss of sales for the next year. Just frustrating

Papinho81 tactics for PES 2017 are the best. I just wish he updated some, given how many people are back to that game :)

I hear you Tinker. It was a very time expensive effort, but it was also fun though to learn about all those team tactics (real life ones). Unfortunately I do not have the time this year to do it on my own (new baby girl + work).

what i dont understand about these PES and FIFA is this and its only my opinion.
PES release an unfinished game - certainly in PES 18 case - the last patch finally sorts out PES 17 so you naturally think gloss up 18 - keep the gameplay with minor improvements. But they don't its like tey have taken a step back and 17 is now unsupported.

FIFA on the other hand normally release a decent game and then mess it up with various patches and time goes on then improve it and then mess it up - it's as though they are trying to please everyone throughout the year.

Not sure what the fix is or if there will ever be one - maybe if PES get the game play sorted and make it fully editable but for consoles thats not going to happen and would end up with a loss of sales for the next year. Just frustrating
I hear you,maybe we didn’t realise how good,in my mind Pes 17 was,for Pes standard the past year.
Shame that they didn’t build on that.
Fifa 18,having fun with it,but they kinda went the same way,I think gameplay has been frenetic since I started playing it,yeah patches made things worse or better,don’t know,but I haven’t felt it being as good as 17,game play wise.
So both companies have gone in the same direction.
The only game I can’t enjoy,and feels absolutely unplayable right now is PES 18.
Having great fun with Pes 17 right now,having fun with Fifa 17/18 as well

Yeah agree fully, just polish it up a bit more, improve the goal keepers and fix any little issues and then focus on the likes of Master league and adding more content. Id much prefer that than completely re-doing the game play every year which seems to cause game breaking problems all the time, for example no bloody fouls or 2017 with Goal Keepers.

I find it mental that in the year 2018 that something like lack of fouls is an actual problem still. Considering how much technology has improved and looking back at Pes 6 I would be expecting game play to be the least of problems and AI to be so much more advanced ( Going to Turf Moor and Ashley Barnes chucking elbows and being very physical with your Cbs, or struggling to get the ball of City at the Etihad. )

Anyone doing a crowd funding football game?

the source of this pic?
I think there will be a dlc 4, there are still some legends to come since their commentary names exist in the game
plus that world cup could be a related content but I wouldn't expect much
remember the 2016 euro dlc,did not even update the national teams squads, just gave us some kits, faces and one stadium
and the euro mode was just a simple design, nothing special and new

Up to the Semi Final stages of my PES6 Euro2004 if anyones interested :BOP:

To VERY different Semi Final matches!

High scoring underdogs Denmark take on the favourites France in the first Semi Final. Can Denmark upset the odds or will France return to the Final?

England are just one game away from participating in their first Final since 1966, But the Runners up of EURO 2000 Italy, stand in their way..

the source of this pic?
I think there will be a dlc 4, there are still some legends to come since their commentary names exist in the game
plus that world cup could be a related content but I wouldn't expect much
remember the 2016 euro dlc,did not even update the national teams squads, just gave us some kits, faces and one stadium
and the euro mode was just a simple design, nothing special and new
The national team squads were updated in the March 2016 DLC. They didn't include the final Euro squads in June, though.

Pretty uneventful Final of my Tournament :P

It's The Final in Lisbon & It's a rematch from their Group B opener where they drew 1-1. It's France v England. European Champions vs The Three Lions.

Pretty uneventful Final of my Tournament :P

It's The Final in Lisbon & It's a rematch from their Group B opener where they drew 1-1. It's France v England. European Champions vs The Three Lions.

Please, lets not have a PES6 serial running in a PES2018 thread.

I hear you,maybe we didn’t realise how good,in my mind Pes 17 was,for Pes standard the past year.
Shame that they didn’t build on that.
Fifa 18,having fun with it,but they kinda went the same way,I think gameplay has been frenetic since I started playing it,yeah patches made things worse or better,don’t know,but I haven’t felt it being as good as 17,game play wise.
So both companies have gone in the same direction.
The only game I can’t enjoy,and feels absolutely unplayable right now is PES 18.
Having great fun with Pes 17 right now,having fun with Fifa 17/18 as well

You know I sold 17. Then bought it again almost a year later (a few weeks ago) so I hear you. I hated it when I played it last year. But man, whatever they did to it on their final patch made it enjoyable.

And that's why I haven't sold 18; because of the faint hope that they 'fix' it with one final patch.

Until then, I'll keep enjoying the chaotic sloppy mess that is a J-League rivalry match in the rain in 17.

You know I sold 17. Then bought it again almost a year later (a few weeks ago) so I hear you. I hated it when I played it last year. But man, whatever they did to it on their final patch made it enjoyable.

And that's why I haven't sold 18; because of the faint hope that they 'fix' it with one final patch.

Until then, I'll keep enjoying the chaotic sloppy mess that is a J-League rivalry match in the rain in 17.
Ha ha,almost sold my 17 half a season in,January 2017 I think,kept it,started playing it again,all the way up to the release of 18,gave up on that in November,and got back to 17 again.

Can’t sell my 18,it’s digital....bad mistake.
My PES history (modern era)
Pes 11 two copies (PC/PS3)
Pes 13 two copies (360/PS3)
Pes 15 four copies (1 360 copy,3 Xbox one copies,one disc scratched)
Pes 16 two copies (360/Xbox one)
Pes 17 1 copy
Pes 18 one copy

I think I’ve paid my Pes dues multiple times,since my first Pes 5 copy was “found” for pc.
Don’t hang me dear Mods

which is the issue for me if they fix 18 then you get the game you paid for , for 3 months before it's unsupported again and kit movers move on to 19 ..rinse and repeat

My PES history (modern era)
Pes 11 two copies (PC/PS3)
Pes 13 two copies (360/PS3)
Pes 15 four copies (1 360 copy,3 Xbox one copies,one disc scratched)
Pes 16 two copies (360/Xbox one)
Pes 17 1 copy
Pes 18 one copy
Nice to see I'm not the only one having multiple copies of some PES games. :P

Leaving the PS2-era games alone, I currently have:
  • PES 2009 (for PC)
  • PES 2011 (for PC)
  • PES 2013 (for PC)
  • PES 2014 (for PC)
  • PES 2015 (I got it for PC first, then I re-bought it for Xbox One when I got the console a year ago)
  • PES 2016 (for PC)
  • PES 2017 (for PC, but I'm currently waiting for my Xbox One copy to be delivered)
  • PES 2018 (for PC, I preordered it several months before release and I'm not planning to buy it for Xbox One this time).
2015 for Xbox One and 2017 for PC are the ones I play the most though.

Nice to see I'm not the only one having multiple copies of some PES games. :P

Leaving the PS2-era games alone, I currently have:
  • PES 2009 (for PC)
  • PES 2011 (for PC)
  • PES 2013 (for PC)
  • PES 2014 (for PC)
  • PES 2015 (I got it for PC first, then I re-bought it for Xbox One when I got the console a year ago)
  • PES 2016 (for PC)
  • PES 2017 (for PC, but I'm currently waiting for my Xbox One copy to be delivered)
  • PES 2018 (for PC, I preordered it several months before release and I'm not planning to buy it for Xbox One this time).
2015 for Xbox One and 2017 for PC are the ones I play the most though.
It’s good hanging on to older titles,when my third Pes 15 copy got unplayable,didn’t load,I got really heartbroken,and it wasn’t easy getting hold of a new copy either,found it at a shady mobile store,among hard drives,vaporisers and rolling paper for €7.

I’m looking for a PS3 copy of Pes 14,looks like it’s eBay or something for me.
Getting more and more interested in playing Pes 11/13 again,but I don’t like the camera angles in those games.

The amount of cash we’ve spent on konami,we deserve a good game....somewhere down the line:)

It’s good hanging on to older titles,when my third Pes 15 copy got unplayable,didn’t load,I got really heartbroken,and it wasn’t easy getting hold of a new copy either,found it at a shady mobile store,among hard drives,vaporisers and rolling paper for €7.

I’m looking for a PS3 copy of Pes 14,looks like it’s eBay or something for me.
Getting more and more interested in playing Pes 11/13 again,but I don’t like the camera angles in those games.

The amount of cash we’ve spent on konami,we deserve a good game....somewhere down the line:)
13 is a good game of football though, despite the dated animations.

Back
Top Bottom