PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Just had the first re-game. The thing that immediately stands out to me is that the physicality of Pes 2017 is incredible, even better than I remembered it being. A lot of contrasts and random physical collisions with different outcomes at practically every duel.. included with L2 that gives you the opportunity of using the body. Man it's such a shame that something so refined and "alive" probably ended down the drain for good :( .

Oh, and FOULS. This game has them. I knew I wasn't crazy in loving with passion this one and disliking 2018.. now just a single game and I suddenly remember WHY.

Just had the first re-game. The thing that immediately stands out to me is that the physicality of Pes 2017 is incredible, even better than I remembered it being. A lot of contrasts and random physical collisions with different outcomes at practically every duel.. included with L2 that gives you the opportunity of using the body. Man it's such a shame that something so refined and "alive" probably ended down the drain for good :( .

Oh, and FOULS. This game has them. I knew I wasn't crazy in loving with passion this one and disliking 2018.. now just a single game and I suddenly remember WHY.
Was about to write just that Mac,the fouls....after playing Fifa 17-18,which I like,and Pes 18,suddenly it’s a bit nasty again,tackles,and horrible launches at you,plus the flow of the game becomes more intense.
Man it’s so strange that I left this game for dead,and more so,that konami did.
Having fun again,and it’s a good compliment to my other football gaming.
Nasty is back

How many fouls are you guys talking about?

In PES 2018, so far, I get fouled about 2 times per game on average. Yesterday had a game against Atletico where I actually had 7 free kicks (1 due to offside). I don't remember it being much different in 17. By recent standards it's decent, by old-time standards though... still pretty bad.

Actually, that game with 6 fouls against me - I played it on 8,4,4 custom camera so limited field of view and it kind of forced me to dribble around more and to hold the ball while carefully thinking about my options. Maybe that's the way to draw more fouls from COM - or maybe it was a one-time weird ML thing.

I sound like a broken record, but I'm more bothered about the long shots, nothing goes in. Do they only work for 85+ players this year or something?

In PES 2018, so far, I get fouled about 2 times per game on average. Yesterday had a game against Atletico where I actually had 7 free kicks (1 due to offside). I don't remember it being much different in 17.

It's night and day actually. Coming from 135 hours of trying yo enjoy Pes 2018, I think I'm pretty sure of that. In this bunch of games I'm having 3-4 fouls per half time in Pes 2017, and it's worth to say that here if you abuse of the run you actually TRULY trigger AI to hard tackle you. And I'm talking normal games, not derby.

But seriously, all the game has a completely different feel regarding how it manages contrasts and physical game.

In PES 2018, so far, I get fouled about 2 times per game on average. Yesterday had a game against Atletico where I actually had 7 free kicks (1 due to offside). I don't remember it being much different in 17. By recent standards it's decent, by old-time standards though... still pretty bad.

Actually, that game with 6 fouls against me - I played it on 8,4,4 custom camera so limited field of view and it kind of forced me to dribble around more and to hold the ball while carefully thinking about my options. Maybe that's the way to draw more fouls from COM - or maybe it was a one-time weird ML thing.

I sound like a broken record, but I'm more bothered about the long shots, nothing goes in. Do they only work for 85+ players this year or something?
I think,without sounding like a dick,you’re memory is playing a trick on you,and us to.
I had 8 fouls vs me in my last game vs Sassuolo,top player 20 min manual passing.
Had two being in shooting range,bit to far,but still.
Played 5 games tonight and I guess 4-5 fouls avg.
It’s much more physical than 18

I really feel for you guys battling with the poor offline experience in PES. Sadly I'm pretty sure it won't get better in the future either, online (and micro transactions) is what it's gonna be all about I'm sure.

Personally I'm having a blast with Divisions with manual settings. Of course there are irritating things still but will probably always be the case.

I'm finding Advanced shooting really good now that I'm finally getting the hang of it, more varied than manual shooting without it being automated, stats come in to play.

One thing that bug the hell out of me is defenders being magnetic when you try to cross. I'll try to explain what I mean. When I cross from the sideline (low or high doesn't really matter) or those whipped crosses from outside of the penalty box the opponents almost always get the ball sucked right in to them. It looks so weird since it's often REALLY hard crosses but they just chest it down (or get the ball on their feet) in the air like nothing, IRL the ball would at least bounced out from their chest. The workaround is to use lofted through balls instead of crossing from the sideline, that frees it up for some reason. But you can't really get those hard crosses then.

Hey Rock, nice to see you back here! How's your feelings about Bajen this year, you think you guys can be up there and fight or will it be middle of the table? ;)

PES 2018 to me is a love-hate thing...

Went on with my ML last night. Had a couple of games and again...games against lower teams are so ugly.
There are situations were the AI dominates you and are helpless...if CPU wanna score, you can´t do nothing about it.
Those games make me mad, but on the other hand.....I don´t wanna win EVERY game, but in those situations something doesn´t feel natural.

Then I had games which were superb and brought me into that old PES-feeling.
I can´t say why you have those ugly stupid games against the comp and once in a while those really stunning games.

I had two of them out of around 4 or 5 yesterday and they were so brilliant that it made me to save replays again.

Strange thing.

Went on with my ML last night. Had a couple of games and again...games against lower teams are so ugly.
There are situations were the AI dominates you and are helpless...if CPU wanna score, you can´t do nothing about it.
Those games make me mad, but on the other hand.....I don´t wanna win EVERY game, but in those situations something doesn´t feel natural.

I can´t say why you have those ugly stupid games against the comp and once in a while those really stunning games.

I had two of them out of around 4 or 5 yesterday and they were so brilliant that it made me to save replays again.

Strange thing.
Sounds amazing,that’s the beauty of Pes.
I generally think fifa has produced better games the pas years (15-18) but for me personally even though I had great games playing them,they can’t replicate the feeling and joy you get from a great Pes game.
That’s probably why we still keep playing them.

I really feel for you guys battling with the poor offline experience in PES. Sadly I'm pretty sure it won't get better in the future either, online (and micro transactions) is what it's gonna be all about I'm sure.

Personally I'm having a blast with Divisions with manual settings. Of course there are irritating things still but will probably always be the case.

I'm finding Advanced shooting really good now that I'm finally getting the hang of it, more varied than manual shooting without it being automated, stats come in to play.

One thing that bug the hell out of me is defenders being magnetic when you try to cross. I'll try to explain what I mean. When I cross from the sideline (low or high doesn't really matter) or those whipped crosses from outside of the penalty box the opponents almost always get the ball sucked right in to them. It looks so weird since it's often REALLY hard crosses but they just chest it down (or get the ball on their feet) in the air like nothing, IRL the ball would at least bounced out from their chest. The workaround is to use lofted through balls instead of crossing from the sideline, that frees it up for some reason. But you can't really get those hard crosses then.

Hey Rock, nice to see you back here! How's your feelings about Bajen this year, you think you guys can be up there and fight or will it be middle of the table? ;)
Hey pal,yeah long time no see Fregen,been keeping my eye on you guys though.
Man,pre season and the cup was horrible,honestly red lights went off.
But now,with key players getting fit,and some good (hopefully) transfers in,looks good.
According to the board,this is the top 5 season,loads of thing needs to go our way for that.
But,as long as #grindif and a*k gets beaten I’m good:)
Predictions for Peking?

I think,without sounding like a dick,you’re memory is playing a trick on you,and us to.
I had 8 fouls vs me in my last game vs Sassuolo,top player 20 min manual passing.
Had two being in shooting range,bit to far,but still.
Played 5 games tonight and I guess 4-5 fouls avg.
It’s much more physical than 18

Perhaps, I don't have any records from 2017 to compare, just a few screenshots of match stats and some memories...

So I decided to get not only 2017 for my Xbox but 2015 and 2016 as well. Also reinstalled 2014 on Steam, gonna try it today after not playing it for so long. I will play through all of them and compare, note some stats, that sort of thing, trying to decide which I like best. Though something tells me to just ditch all of that and play PES 6 indefinitely :P Maybe I'll make a thread about it when done.

Last edited:
playing PES6 lately. it is challenging by miles. so hard to hit the target while shooting, not to mention scoring and defending or getting into shooting position with the right player with his stronger foot. miss these a lot

Perhaps, I don't have any records from 2017 to compare, just a few screenshots of match stats and some memories...

So I decided to get not only 2017 for my Xbox but 2015 and 2016 as well. Also reinstalled 2014 on Steam, gonna try it today after not playing it for so long. I will play through all of them and compare, note some stats, that sort of thing, trying to decide which I like best. Though something tells me to just ditch all of that and play PES 6 indefinitely :P Maybe I'll make a thread about it when done.
Ha ha,wish I had Pes 6.
Never really played Pes 14,so I’m deffo getting it.
I love 15,probably me and @*aLe being the only ones loving that game.
16 had potential,became better with patches,but still have the through ball ruining games,and bad keepers.
17 is my favourite,I think you’ll be surprised ho physical it is.
Sounds like a good idea to make a thread

playing PES6 lately. it is challenging by miles. so hard to hit the target while shooting, not to mention scoring and defending or getting into shooting position with the right player with his stronger foot. miss these a lot
Imagine the killing konami would make by re releasing Pes 3-4-5-6 on pc,but even more so on Xbox one and PS4,and done properly
That’s a million dollar idea

Hey pal,yeah long time no see Fregen,been keeping my eye on you guys though.
Man,pre season and the cup was horrible,honestly red lights went off.
But now,with key players getting fit,and some good (hopefully) transfers in,looks good.
According to the board,this is the top 5 season,loads of thing needs to go our way for that.
But,as long as #grindif and a*k gets beaten I’m good:)
Predictions for Peking?

You guys did some interesting signings today anyway! If those two can find their form it looks a lot better for you imo.

Ugh, the cup was miserable for us as well. But we have made some nice signings and have played some lovely football in small parts during the cup and pre- season so I don't feel that worried. Our problem is that we don't really have a back up plan when our passing oriented football doesn't work, players coming in from the bench are essentially the same players that are already on the pitch.

Haha, well grindif never wins a derby so that shouldn't worry you at least. ;)

Sorry you other guys for our Swedish football- ranting, must be VERY interesting for you. :D

You guys did some interesting signings today anyway! If those two can find their form it looks a lot better for you imo.

Ugh, the cup was miserable for us as well. But we have made some nice signings and have played some lovely football in small parts during the cup and pre- season so I don't feel that worried. Our problem is that we don't really have a back up plan when our passing oriented football doesn't work, players coming in from the bench are essentially the same players that are already on the pitch.

Haha, well grindif never wins a derby so that shouldn't worry you at least. ;)

Sorry you other guys for our Swedish football- ranting, must be VERY interesting for you. :D
Might be an interesting season,all teams are buying more than usually,because of a new tv deal.
Glad to see Dordevic in Bajen,he was in both Lazio and Genoa on Pes 17 on my ML,god knows how many times he scored late winners vs me there
Always had a soft spot for your team,classic club,nice kits and a great stadium

Glad to see Dordevic in Bajen,he was in both Lazio and Genoa on Pes 17 on my ML,god knows how many times he scored late winners vs me there

?
I don't know if we are talking about the same player.. but the Lazio's Djordjevic is still in Lazio stealing his paycheck since at least two years.. I know because as a Lazio fan, when he'll finally leave we'll hold a celebration or something :D

?
I don't know if we are talking about the same player.. but the Lazio's Djordjevic is still in Lazio stealing his paycheck since at least two years.. I know because as a Lazio fan, when he'll finally leave we'll hold a celebration or something :D
Ha ha,probably not the same Dordevic/Djordevic then,that bastard always scores on me.

Ha ha,probably not the same Dordevic/Djordevic then,that bastard always scores on me.
Maybe it's the same player, he had decent stats even in this last atrocious years in both Pes and Fifa, I don't think the scouts are paying attention at his performances (or lack of) at all :P.

Playing 2017 now. It is a bit faster, almost frantic gameplay. But damn, I missed all these yelow cards! 4 matches played, all of them had near the box free kicks and yellow cards for CPU. How crazy is that?

It's fast,I'm playing it on -1 game speed,feels very fast,used to play on zero before...
Gonna give my 18 a go on my ML save,see how it stacks up.
Just had two very scripted games on 17,almost drove me crazy,but,it is what it is

Strange thing.
I completely understand what you're saying. I've won games were the opponent Ai feels Robotic and felt no sense of accomplishment but then had rare games where the Ai has been really organic and I have felt more satisfied even when I've lost.. Their a moments in PES 18 where its an absolute joy to play, win or lose but those games are way too few, imo!

well the honeymoon peroid of PES 2018 is starting to vanish I am seriously fed up with the cheap way it makes superstar difficult it will do EVERYTHING in its power to stop you scoring you can dominate a game and still lose 4-0

sure it happens it football 19 shots they have 1 and you lose 1-0 ect but this just repeats itself I have just had about 10 games where I had 1 shot on target every 8 it will go inches wide, hit the post, gk will be superman, cleared off the line then the AI will score 3 goals in 6 mins by spamming chip ball then proceed to pass it around with the crowd chanting 'ole!' haha honestly its like paying £40 to be trolled

well after 200 games now in ML heres my top 10 tips if you want to play superstar be prepared for this isnt a moan its clear facts

1 - your shooting accuracy will be nerfed compared to AI no matter what stats your players have

2- if you hold possession for too long the CPU will make one of your passes go in a total opposite direction to what you input giving it straight to their players feet form arrows can be on blue with 90 passing and it won't make a difference

3 - your gk will let in goals that you never see the AI gk concede you will notice them straight away thinking wtf is he doing? This would be fine if you had a low rated gk or off form but again stats irrelevant in this situation also if it happened every now and then fine but a lot of goals come this way

4-the dreaded chip ball although with pure concentration you can really stop the AI in attack if you think 2 moves ahead and position players off the ball still its a major gripe tho

5-goals straight after one team scores this can work for or against you as you can also score right after the CPU its very FIFA like where marking is awful from kick off

6-AI turbo boost where they will score 3 in 6 mins theres nothing you can do the CPU will turn your players in to people who have never seen a football before (except maybe hack the shit out of them IF you can get close)

7- MAJOR GRIPE is being unable to clear the ball when the AI want to score or have a chance. OK think playing someone online in Botswana on dial up the input will be seriously delayed and I conceded many this way first time pressing will not help you

8-of course catch up bug well known

9-forget winning a penalty your player will do an animation where he is about to go down but against the laws of physics he will keep on his feet despite receiving a tackle from the AI that looks like a Mortal Kombat fatality finishing move don't worry though the AI will be given all sorts of free kicks and fouls even when you win the ball

10-take 2 valiums,keep hydrated have no one distract you while mid game also have a blood pressure check up with your local GP every 6 weeks

Last edited:
I´ve been playing 2017 and though I love 2018´s pace and animations, 2017 is fair, and has lots of fouls, yellow cards and reds.

In 6 matches, I´ve seen about 12 yellows and 2 reds for CPU. In my last match I actually scored 2 goals from freekicks, so that´s pretty good.

well the honeymoon peroid of PES 2018 is starting to vanish I am seriously fed up with the cheap way it makes superstar difficult it will do EVERYTHING in its power to stop you scoring you can dominate a game and still lose 4-0

I know full well this feeling, in the beginning this game looked like anything I've ever dreamed for a soccer game (animations in particular, but also player models, lights, a lot of the small separate good things of the gameplay) and I wanted so bad to like it that I tried the hardest for more than 130 hours.. sure enough, I don't think I've ever tried so hard to like a game, other Pes included.

But eventually the bad of this game turns to be so awfully bad that you have to either drop it or hypnotize yourself in giving up every conception of gaming and soccer that bring you to like this very same saga in the past.

Back
Top Bottom