PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

This game makes no sense.
I played the legend, it's too hard and go back to the top player, is too easy. so i decide to delete this game.
I love PES with all my heart, but this year is so weird, i hope that would be changed in 2019.

So how’s the scripting in league mode?
Even though I’ve played tons of ML seasons,never played league mode!
And does it have relegation/promotion?

although im currently sitting in 3rd place on my ML some of the games have been insanely difficult im managing to hold out for draws because as mentioned in my last post I have created a solid system to defend with and its still holding out most of the time in games when the AI goes berserk and turn into brazil 1970 on steroids

super_Untitled.png

one game was vs Ternana who are bottom yet they were almost invincible just super strong fast 95% pass accuracy I lost 3-1 and it was because I equalized to make it 1-1 that makes the CPU go insane they will stick 2 or 3 past you in 6 mins

the thing about superstar is its a struggle to enjoy 100% because there is no form guide to know what to expect vs the AI teams sure in football the underdog can shock the bigger teams ect but this has no logic Ternana had a 62 rated CF who was playing like a 99 rated forward

see I wouldnt mind if he was a big 6ft 5 clumsy cf who dominated me in the air or a fast striker who had a bad touch but if he beat my cb im in trouble instead the game just makes up the AI's stats on the fly to suit the situation

I guess it is hard for Konami to find that balance to create a challenging game but they have gone down the wrong road here they should have built on 2017's AI all it needed was to be a bit more aggressive and creative for 2018 and just keep adding on it year by year instead of this 11 cyborgs feeling

also to add that superstar also limits how creative you can be certain routes on the pitch are near impossible to attack from you might skip past a CB and before you can blink 4 are on you mauling you to death you dont even get a tenth on a second to execute something or even given a chance to make the wrong choice the games decided already nope you are not going through there

Last edited:
Man player models and faces are really something else on this year's Pes.
Only the hands are a little bit bigger than they should but generally great stuff in that aspect.

I know, might have to give my Club a little dabble. The trailers for these new players certainly do the job!

Started ML on Top Player and so far it's going pretty terrible. It's funny how I won 4 out of 5 matches in Europa League as Real Sociedad, but out of 15 league matches only managed to win 1 (and drew 9).

Anyway, today I actually saw my player, Illaramendi, getting injured in a (derby) match and he did not come back from treatment - he was unable to finish the match. The funny thing is, the game did not force me to change him or even remind me about that, only found out I'm still playing with 10 men after pausing the game to make some subs. First time saw this happening since PES 2013 (or was it missing injuries as well? I don't remember).

I also like how yesterday a COM player got sent off for a second yellow card, while his first was awarded for diving. Though I'm pretty sure I saw it last year.

Still no goals from farther that 18 metres away which quite bothers me. Actually I find scoring in general difficult. Lots of 0-0 draws.

I see that simulated matches still don't produce any cards or injuries. This should be the no.1 fix in ML next year because frankly it's embarrassing, and it's been going on since 2014 - the only matches where a player can receive a card are the ones you actually play - matches that are simulated (so every other match in all competitions) only calculate the score and nothing else.

Been having a terrible time searching for a PS3 optionfile. I would rather pluck one from this site, but I am desperate and will take anything. Thanks for any insight here.

So months of not playing this game I started a league season.
First,since being away from this for so long,wasn’t to sharp playing it,controlling players,shooting defending etc is probably in my muscle memory,so no probs there,but I couldn’t even change tactics mid game,had to pause the game every time switching from 3-5-2 and 4-5-1,ha ha felt like a noob.
But gameplay...think it’s bad,real bad,started on -2 game speed,switched up to -1,but everything feel so predictable,don’t know if the patches have made the game more predictable?

Looks stunning,but gameplay is really dull and boring,tons of space,cpu is horrible with the back heel,and also the scripting is worse than I could remember.
Gonna give my ML a go,see if it’s as bad as League mode.
One free kick drawn in 20 min.

So months of not playing this game I started a league season.
First,since being away from this for so long,wasn’t to sharp playing it,controlling players,shooting defending etc is probably in my muscle memory,so no probs there,but I couldn’t even change tactics mid game,had to pause the game every time switching from 3-5-2 and 4-5-1,ha ha felt like a noob.
But gameplay...think it’s bad,real bad,started on -2 game speed,switched up to -1,but everything feel so predictable,don’t know if the patches have made the game more predictable?

Looks stunning,but gameplay is really dull and boring,tons of space,cpu is horrible with the back heel,and also the scripting is worse than I could remember.
Gonna give my ML a go,see if it’s as bad as League mode.
One free kick drawn in 20 min.

thats why iv given up on the game too rock and went over to fifa, dont get me wrong fifa isnt that great either but gives a better challenge for me trying to find space and the shooting has the old skool pes feeling as well

Let us satisfy ourselves (in a non sexual way)

Speak for yourself.

You precisely described my experience with this Pes at superstar and sometimes at top player too :D .

Seconded.

Here's a goal I conceded against Real in BAL (was playing for Barça). Top player. From the kickoff of the second half.

https://streamable.com/3p5q0

I like to avoid the word scripting because I feel it's over used. But man there have been times I've watched my team concede in ways that there was nothing I could do about it.

Last edited:
thats why iv given up on the game too rock and went over to fifa, dont get me wrong fifa isnt that great either but gives a better challenge for me trying to find space and the shooting has the old skool pes feeling as well
Completely agree with you Jimi,gone over to,been having issues finding the right balance,but yeah,except a few issues,more fun.
I’m on a 5 game losing streak atm.
Gonna give Pes 17 and 13 a go again,I miss playing Pes,when it’s good,it’s better than a twitchy fifa.
But atm,it’s more rewarding,fun and more surprise moments than Pes

Same and that is why I've reverted back to a HD 2018 patched broadcast style PES 6 for my football fix.
Sure it has limitations in directions and passing in comparison but player individuality is brilliant, goal variety is second to none & games are challenging and fun. No nostaglia here, just a 12 year old game holding in 2018 due to the work of patch creators playing like PES should aka fun

There is a month now that i'm playing more PES 2017 ML (superstar) intensively and few matches in PES 2018 ML (top player). My personal opinion is that 2018 is better in technical and individual sections but 2017 gives a better final result in football simulation and story telling (ML season). If you can bypass that pes 2017 is more stiff and rigid, that 2018's close control is absent in 2017, the closest control in 2017 is 2 bodies or more from the player you control even with solo Left stick movement you may find more fun in 2017,that the passes are too fast.
Both games have flaws like box-to-box game, but the main difference is in 2018 i feel, with any Team Spirit, that i control 10 individuals (except for the GK) when in 2017 i feel that i control a group of 10 players or two groups, one defending and one attacking. But even in the most scripted moments in 2017, i have a wonderful feeling especially in defense like "united we stand,united we fall", when in 2018 i always feel like i am defending with 4 or 5 separate individuals, where if one does a wrong decision none will cover him.
I try from time to time to give more time to 2018 ,and save this year, by playing more matches but there is something in 2017 ML that attracts me more. Even when i win i feel more rewarded for my football-tactical moves in 17 than in 18 where even in wins i feel like i just made the correct button input in a video game. I realized that in 2018 i check replays/highlights or celebrations every 1/10 when in 17 i enjoy my goals (although the most goals are headers from crosses or tap in shoots after through passes in the far end corner of the goalpost) and i give some seconds to watch my player celebrate or check the replay.

My last thought is that like when i revisit past PES titles i go to 2011 or 2013 for example and i skip 2012, the same will happen after 2-3 years. If the future releases keep have core issues, i see higher possibility to revisit 2017 over 2018 in a possible 2021 replay day.

Last edited:
There is a month now that i'm playing more PES 2017 ML (superstar) intensively and few matches in PES 2018 ML (top player). My personal opinion is that 2018 is better in technical and individual sections but 2017 gives a better final result in football simulation and story telling (ML season). If you can bypass that pes 2017 is more stiff and rigid, that 2018's close control is absent in 2017, the closest control in 2017 is 2 bodies or more from the player you control even with solo Left stick movement you may find more fun in 2017,that the passes are too fast.
Both games have flaws like box-to-box game, but the main difference is in 2018 i feel, with any Team Spirit, that i control 10 individuals (except for the GK) when in 2017 i feel that i control a group of 10 players or two groups, one defending and one attacking. But even in the most scripted moments in 2017, i have a wonderful feeling especially in defense like "united we stand,united we fall", when in 2018 i always feel like i am defending with 4 or 5 separate individuals, where if one does a wrong decision none will cover him.
I try from time to time to give more time to 2018 ,and save this year, by playing more matches but there is something in 2017 ML that attracts me more. Even when i win i feel more rewarded for my football-tactical moves in 17 than in 18 where even in wins i feel like i just made the correct button input in a video game. I realized that in 2018 i check replays/highlights or celebrations every 1/10 when in 17 i enjoy my goals (although the most goals are headers from crosses or tap in shoots after through passes in the far end corner of the goalpost) and i give some seconds to watch my player celebrate or check the replay.

My last thought is that like when i revisit past PES titles i go to 2011 or 2013 for example and i skip 2012, the same will happen after 2-3 years. If the future releases keep have core issues, i see higher possibility to revisit 2017 over 2018 in a possible 2021 replay day.

I'm with you, Pes 17 was a so much better experience overall. More randomness, challenging but not frustrating.. and as you said, tactics had more weight. I think I'm gonna reinstall it too soon or later.

To be honest, both my kids (18 and 15 years old) also support the local team (KV Mechelen, Sunday we ll' know if they can stay up or will relegate to the second division. We are season ticket holders.

Oh so it was fake news and you were trying to bamboozle me were ya?! Well played son.

Just joking. What you've said makes much more sense now. De Bruyne and Hazard are obviously two of Belgium's best players so it makes tons of sense that your kids would be fans of them. And as I said, it's easier than ever to follow them as individuals.

Edit: Unlucky about the result :(

Im really enjoying my current ML on 2018 but I have to agree that 2017 gives a much better overall experience on the pitch I might go back in future and do one more ML run since last seasons was so enjoyable

I just played my first Pes 17 game in ages (August 2017?)
Difference in gameplay between 17-18 is miles apart,not trying to take anything away from you who enjoy playing 18.
Played on my ML save with Milan,three seasons in,and the level of difficulty was really challenging.
Got beaten 2-0 by fucking Carpi.

A few cheesy cpu moves,but this game feels fresh.
After playing Pes 18,Fifa 17/18 and suddenly have 7 freekicks,three just outside the box,and the level of physicality,4 yellow cards for the cpu.
Dont remember this game being this good,yes,some scripting and cheesy moves,but a breath of fresh air compared to the other games I’ve been playing.

Probably see the bad stuff soon enough,but will deffo have this game running more.
Finally having my fix of Serie A football again

Can’t believe how much fun I had playing it Robbie
Man you know I often see things the way you do, so I'm asking you... Xbox One?
Because, you know, as I found a copy of it going for 20€ on Amazon I might aswell invest them (as I only own PES 2017 for PC at the moment).

Man you know I often see things the way you do, so I'm asking you... Xbox One?
Because, you know, as I found a copy of it going for 20€ on Amazon I might aswell invest them (as I only own PES 2017 for PC at the moment).
Yes sir,I’m on Xbox one aLe.
Had tons of fun,guess the scripting will annoy me after a while,or I just roll with it.
Just had a 2-1 vs Palermo,where I had to park the bus the last 20 min.
Great fun pal
€20 is a good price.
You still play Pes 15,I’m doing that as well

Good to see you enjoying it,I have both 2011 and 13 on PS3,that’s by I bought it,usually play Xbox one,I’m thinking 14,didn’t really play it then

I just played my first Pes 17 game in ages (August 2017?)
Difference in gameplay between 17-18 is miles apart,not trying to take anything away from you who enjoy playing 18.
Played on my ML save with Milan,three seasons in,and the level of difficulty was really challenging.
Got beaten 2-0 by fucking Carpi.

A few cheesy cpu moves,but this game feels fresh.
After playing Pes 18,Fifa 17/18 and suddenly have 7 freekicks,three just outside the box,and the level of physicality,4 yellow cards for the cpu.
Dont remember this game being this good,yes,some scripting and cheesy moves,but a breath of fresh air compared to the other games I’ve been playing.

Probably see the bad stuff soon enough,but will deffo have this game running more.
Finally having my fix of Serie A football again

Before I say something, wait just a second... need to do something first... ...
ok, done. PES 2017 installing lol.

I´ve been having some fun in PES, but it feels like a fake fun? I mean, I enjoy what the game could have been, but most matches I end up rambling and crying out about that stupid match I just lost to pure scripting. So f@£%ing annoying!!! I just won the Premier League this morning, and I didn´t enjoy it, because most matches I had to restart them for the sake of my ego and psychological health. I had more fun loosing in 2017 than winning in 2018, if that makes sense.

Before I say something, wait just a second... need to do something first... ...
ok, done. PES 2017 installing lol.

I´ve been having some fun in PES, but it feels like a fake fun? I mean, I enjoy what the game could have been, but most matches I end up rambling and crying out about that stupid match I just lost to pure scripting. So f@£%ing annoying!!! I just won the Premier League this morning, and I didn´t enjoy it, because most matches I had to restart them for the sake of my ego and psychological health. I had more fun loosing in 2017 than winning in 2018, if that makes sense.
Ha ha,it makes perfect sense mate,I haven’t felt any “closeness “ to my squad on 18,on 17 I knew all their strengths,had a hard time selling the old players,had a few retiring in their Milan jersey.
So it’s so much more fun with 17.
Haven’t played ML on 18 in a long time,but I’m enjoying my 17 to much to spoil it with 18 atm.
Yeah,go play some 17 pal,you’ll like it,again:)

Back
Top Bottom