PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The only upside to a update based game every year,is if they do it all out,which I doubt.
And by all out I mean,we have the psychical hardware installed,chose an update for it (Pes/fifa 19) then install the package we want.
Option 1:an online fut whatever package
Option 2: an offline/career mode package
And hopefully both packages would be done properly.
I doubt that very much,I think it I’ll stay pretty much the same content wise,online updates or not.
Guess micro transaction hell aka 2k is just around the corner to

The other alternative would be to delve into retrogaming but even that will be boring after a while.

(...)

I suggest trying it for yourself if you haven't yet, 100% sure you'll change your opinion about it.
Despite my sadness about the present and future of PES, I also found in this a very good oportunity to fire up a few older PES games to see what I've been missing - wouldn't have time to do so if I were busy with PES2018.
As I was experimenting with a few PS2 PES titles I had sitting on my shelf gathering dust for years - some even decades -, looking at player's stats in edit mode and playing random friendlies on multiple versions of the game, I realized I enjoyed too little of each game over the years.

Ever since the PS2 glory days, In every single version where FC Porto was avaliable, I started my ML with that team. On versions I played more hours back then (PES5, for example) I got to start another save alongside that one, usually with Man United or Juventus or the ML defaults. But usually, it was just Porto for 5/6 seasons in each PES.
- This means out of 150+ teams available in each version of PES, I did a career with one, two, three teams at best - before playing the next version of the game which had also 150+ teams of which I used only 1, 2, 3, rinse and repeat for decades.
- It also means out of the thousands of players in each version of the game (PES5 had 3000), I used around 25 of the starting players of the team and, considering my signings throughout the years, maybe 30 more, tops. That's around 55 players out of 3000/+3000.
- To sum it up:
- 3 teams (max.) used out of 150+ teams available...
- ...of which I used not more than 150-170 players out of 3000+ total
-....multiplied by DECADES of PES!!!

The conclusion is obvious. I didn't take full advantage of the potential of these games. It's as if I had completed 3% of GTA San Andreas before putting away the game to go and play...The Simpsons Hit and Run. I have been doing this for decades, year after year. Another conclusion: playing these games only for one year - as we're programmed to do so currently - is NOT ENOUGH TIME.

And the more time I spent revisiting this old games the more ideas for a new ML save I get. Last week I played a couple of friendlies with Ajax on PES3 and, besides the fact they had a team full of young talents - nothing new for a club like Ajax - they had one of the most promising defenders in the world, a 20-year-old Van Damme. Probably the best 20-year-old defender I've ever seen in PES, with a 86 defence rating alone. PES3 was his peak, from PES4 onwards he declined a lot, wasn't special at all anymore. Then I remembered: no, I never did a ML with Ajax, much less on PES3. Then I decided to play more friendlies with Ajax, this time on PES4 and 5. Another whole batch of talented players that didn't appear on early versions - young Sneijder, young Van der Vaart, young Ibrahimovic, young Heitinga, young Babel...-, so I figured I could play another ML with Ajax on PES4 and 5.

Then I played Parma against Milan on PES3 and what a team they had. Young Gilardino, Adriano - yes, that one -...another potential ML with a team I never played with. What about Milan itself? Shevchenko in its prime, Rivaldo, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta...And Juventus? Del Piero, Trezeguet, Thuram...Roma with prime Totti...I found all of this by playing 4 or 5 PES3 friendlies. By now I'm too afraid of playing any more friendly matches in any PES game or I'll have more ideas for ML careers. I don't have enough time for all this!

So if anyone's wondering how to spend their gaming time given the fact that modern football games are not satisiying you, don't think for a second you've enjoyed past PES games and taken its full potential because if you're anything like me, you weren't even close in doing so. Just like me, you've been sold the bullsh*t of having to buy a new football game every year so that you don't take advantage of not even 5% of every version of it. And that's ideal for whomever gets the money you pay for it, not for you.

Do someone play in Italy? I won Supercoppa Italia with AC Milan and there was no trophy (no cup). The celebrations were there, but without a cup :/

Every once in while I'll play PES 2009. As flawed as it was, I still have a blast with it.

Also I went and bought PES 2017.......I don't remember it being this fun? Compared to 2018, so much more a pleasant experience.

I hated it at the time, but I guess between the patches and the extensive tactical edits I did, it's made for an enjoyable experience.

And as far as the subscription model is concerned, I'm apprehensive. It has its benefits and its drawbacks, but just like with AAA gaming incorporating microtransactions, I'm worried how they'll go about things.

Getting rid of the yearly cycle would be awesome. But is it worth every single aspect of the game being monetized?

I look at what NBA 2K has become and frankly I want nothing to do with that.

The benefit of the yearly cycle is I don't have to buy every game. My issue with subscription is it makes me feel obligated to play because I'm paying for it anyway. And I don't like feeling forced.

Do someone play in Italy? I won Supercoppa Italia with AC Milan and there was no trophy (no cup). The celebrations were there, but without a cup :/

It's not just Italy. I think it's just cup finals in general. I've had the same thing happen on difficult leagues/competitions.

I suggest trying it for yourself if you haven't yet, 100% sure you'll change your opinion about it.
Despite my sadness about the present and future of PES, I also found in this a very good oportunity to fire up a few older PES games to see what I've been missing - wouldn't have time to do so if I were busy with PES2018.
As I was experimenting with a few PS2 PES titles I had sitting on my shelf gathering dust for years - some even decades -, looking at player's stats in edit mode and playing random friendlies on multiple versions of the game, I realized I enjoyed too little of each game over the years.

Ever since the PS2 glory days, In every single version where FC Porto was avaliable, I started my ML with that team. On versions I played more hours back then (PES5, for example) I got to start another save alongside that one, usually with Man United or Juventus or the ML defaults. But usually, it was just Porto for 5/6 seasons in each PES.
- This means out of 150+ teams available in each version of PES, I did a career with one, two, three teams at best - before playing the next version of the game which had also 150+ teams of which I used only 1, 2, 3, rinse and repeat for decades.
- It also means out of the thousands of players in each version of the game (PES5 had 3000), I used around 25 of the starting players of the team and, considering my signings throughout the years, maybe 30 more, tops. That's around 55 players out of 3000/+3000.
- To sum it up:
- 3 teams (max.) used out of 150+ teams available...
- ...of which I used not more than 150-170 players out of 3000+ total
-....multiplied by DECADES of PES!!!

The conclusion is obvious. I didn't take full advantage of the potential of these games. It's as if I had completed 3% of GTA San Andreas before putting away the game to go and play...The Simpsons Hit and Run. I have been doing this for decades, year after year. Another conclusion: playing these games only for one year - as we're programmed to do so currently - is NOT ENOUGH TIME.

And the more time I spent revisiting this old games the more ideas for a new ML save I get. Last week I played a couple of friendlies with Ajax on PES3 and, besides the fact they had a team full of young talents - nothing new for a club like Ajax - they had one of the most promising defenders in the world, a 20-year-old Van Damme. Probably the best 20-year-old defender I've ever seen in PES, with a 86 defence rating alone. PES3 was his peak, from PES4 onwards he declined a lot, wasn't special at all anymore. Then I remembered: no, I never did a ML with Ajax, much less on PES3. Then I decided to play more friendlies with Ajax, this time on PES4 and 5. Another whole batch of talented players that didn't appear on early versions - young Sneijder, young Van der Vaart, young Ibrahimovic, young Heitinga, young Babel...-, so I figured I could play another ML with Ajax on PES4 and 5.

Then I played Parma against Milan on PES3 and what a team they had. Young Gilardino, Adriano - yes, that one -...another potential ML with a team I never played with. What about Milan itself? Shevchenko in its prime, Rivaldo, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta...And Juventus? Del Piero, Trezeguet, Thuram...Roma with prime Totti...I found all of this by playing 4 or 5 PES3 friendlies. By now I'm too afraid of playing any more friendly matches in any PES game or I'll have more ideas for ML careers. I don't have enough time for all this!

So if anyone's wondering how to spend their gaming time given the fact that modern football games are not satisiying you, don't think for a second you've enjoyed past PES games and taken its full potential because if you're anything like me, you weren't even close in doing so. Just like me, you've been sold the bullsh*t of having to buy a new football game every year so that you don't take advantage of not even 5% of every version of it. And that's ideal for whomever gets the money you pay for it, not for you.

Oh, you are 100% right. Don't get me wrong Miguel, I personally played Pes5/WE9 for almost a decade (recently came back to it with WE9 LE edition which I wasn't even aware of) and I think too there is ton of replayability (sp?) and unexplored paths in most of the older Pes.. I'm sure the potential is incredibly rich even in overlooked chapters. One example would be Pes 2010.. a guy on this forum said to me some time ago that individuality wise it was an incredible chapter, and as I'm starting to reinstall older Pes, this included, I can say he's completely right.. for as many flaws this game had, seeing first touch errors or classy vs bad players is fresh air compared to what we have today in both titles. And I'm sure that by exploring other older chapters there is still a lot of juice to squeeze..

But, problem is that I think sooner or later we'll need something new anyway. It's in the nature of us gamers after all. I hope I'm wrong.

It's sad, anyway, if I think that only a couple of years ago, I was day dreaming about how better soccer games would have turned in a decade.. with the right technology. I was dreaming about having every more and more sides of real soccer properly reduced on scale for us gamers.. and the market completely deleted that thought. Now looking at the directions stuff is about to go, I can't help but feel like we're all being cheated.

And as far as the subscription model is concerned, I'm apprehensive. It has its benefits and its drawbacks, but just like with AAA gaming incorporating microtransactions, I'm worried how they'll go about things.

Getting rid of the yearly cycle would be awesome. But is it worth every single aspect of the game being monetized?

Maybe I'm too cynical or pessimistic. But while on paper the subscription model sounds great, I can't help but think that it will only push the online model even strongly.

I don't know, I have this vision of Fifa and Pes becoming just FUt and MY Club in a couple of years only like a normal evolution of said situation.

Every once in while I'll play PES 2009. As flawed as it was, I still have a blast with it.

Also I went and bought PES 2017.......I don't remember it being this fun? Compared to 2018, so much more a pleasant experience.

I hated it at the time, but I guess between the patches and the extensive tactical edits I did, it's made for an enjoyable experience.

I look at what NBA 2K has become and frankly I want nothing to do with that.

The benefit of the yearly cycle is I don't have to buy every game. My issue with subscription is it makes me feel obligated to play because I'm paying for it anyway. And I don't like feeling forced.
Is that the Uber fast game?
I bought it for my 360 a few years back,don’t think I played it more than a few times
Maybe I should have given it some more TLC

Maybe I'm too cynical or pessimistic. But while on paper the subscription model sounds great, I can't help but think that it will only push the online model even strongly.

I don't know, I have this vision of Fifa and Pes becoming just FUt and MY Club in a couple of years only like a normal evolution of said situation.

I'm with you tbf. To this day I'll never understand why, in some games, I need an internet connection to play by myself.

Is that the Uber fast game?
I bought it for my 360 a few years back,don’t think I played it more than a few times
Maybe I should have given it some more TLC

Yeah it's a pretty up tempo game. At first I hated it, but eventually I sort of accepted it for what it is. Since then, I've enjoyed.

Hey guys) When Owner's trust is 0% . Does this automatically mean i will be fired? Or i still can be the manager of the team?

There is one (there are actually several) massive issue I have with PES and FIFA going down the GaaS (games as a service) route. Let's say you're head over heels for PES Online 1.0, but then they completely alter the gameplay a year down the road with PES Online 2.0; what do you do? You're shit out of luck, that's what. If it's a unified product, you'll never be able to return to a previous state of the game due to it being update based. Not being able to return to previous iterations of the series sounds like a nightmare.

Hey guys) When Owner's trust is 0% . Does this automatically mean i will be fired? Or i still can be the manager of the team?
Do you play challenge or normal ML,if challenge,you’ll most likely get fired,if you don’t want to be fired and play challenge,change it.

Some very interesting talk about the future of the game. I think, as B-man and others have talked about, that the future will be a main game of Myclub and other modes as paid DLC/subscribtion.

For me, there is a couple of indicators for this:
That Curdie/Alan guy, who is apparently both Adam Bhatti's buddie and the new self appointed spokesman of the "casual fanbase" of PES, has on a few occasions been asking forum members on WENB about their opinion on the prospect of a Free To Play Myclub game with DLC/subscribtion based modes. Given that he's apparantly tight with Bhatthi, I can't help reading Bhatti's quotes from an interview in december in exactely that light:

"There will be significant changes made to the way we produce the game, and what we offer as a package. It's the biggest change to the product in years, something that we began integrating with PES 2018. As mentioned earlier this year, we want to shock football fans each year for the next few years, with certain changes that simply wouldn't be expected from a yearly title."

And

"But we need to offer the same high standard in all other areas (my addition: besides gameplay), we want to be industry leading across the board. It's an easy thing to say, but we're always very aware of what it will take to get there. There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced."

And

"The real success however has been the amount of daily active users, which is substantially higher than last year. We added more modes such as Random Select mode and an integrated PES League mode, as well as the hugely popular 3v3 mode - all of which have contributed to more users playing PES consistently and having a reason to log back in each day."

I can't remember where, but I recently read that PES League is restricted to licensed teams. On that basis, combined with the above, I imagine the future, perhaps already 2019, will be a free or fairly cheap game (10-20 £) that is only downloadable (saves the distribution costs) consisting of Myclub, PES League, Random Selection (going online if it's doing well) and 3 v 3 (this might not need to be a mode but just a choice within other modes).
This base game will consist only of partnership clubs that they have been so focused on in the latter years, and will probably be the major clubs of Europe, Latin/South America and Asia (plus some licensed National Teams as usual). So Europe could be 5-6 major clubs from each of the 5 major leagues plus big clubs from smaller leagues. The data they retrieved from Online Divisions probably tell them there's no need for many more teams (everyone playing with Real, Barca, PSG and such).
In Myclub, as B-man said, the Fifpro license will provide them with pretty much all the players they need (plus the German ones from partnership clubs and NT), and the "base club" that users choose for their teams (badges, kits and stadiums) will be based on the licensed teams plus maybe the option to upload selfmade badges and kits to the game (might even be possible for others to see those in game with a disclaimer that Konami does not take legal responsibility for copyright infringements and will hand over user information to clubs/companies taking legal action).

So with that as the base game national leagues, cups, Master League, BAL and international cups will be paid DLCs or subscribtions. Apart from Asia and Uefa Champions League and Europa League (for however long licensed) these will all be unlicensed leagues, teams and stadiums -correct player names though - that include an edit mode similar to today (maybe a bit more user friendly to push sales). The only reason I see for this not to be implemented, is that users who bought the Master League mode would have no real incentive to buy seperate league modes, as they are already included in Master League. Or would it work the other way around - you buy a basic Master League and buy additional leagues to put in that can also be be played seperately?

This scenario would mean the complete capitalization of the game, also meaning that users with desires for smaller teams and leagues could very soon be missing these in PES. On the other hand it could also see a much better and deeper Master League since they'd probably have a dedicated team working on it with funds that reflect the user base (if it is substantial).
It could however also mean the obliteration of offline PES all together if they don't sell enough DLCs/subscribtions.
What would it mean for AI and gameplay in general? For me it's very hard to figure out if they are indeed striving to create the perfect mix of arcade and sim (as in old school PES) or purposely an arcade sprint and ping pong fest. Sadly signs point to the latter given Bhatti's statement in the aforementioned interview:
"I'm extremely proud of how the game is playing, I believe it's the best football playing experience we've ever created."
This coupled with his severing of ties with Footy United and subsequent endorsement of the PES Casual (who ironically is also fairly critical of elements of the game when you scratch the surface) does NOT bode well.
But then, what will they "shock us with each year" if not gameplay? Probably animations, detailed licensed stadiums and player models and faces where they already have an edge on Fifa and the chance to take it even further. They could also work on presentation and atmosphere where they are far behind and could make the game even more glossy and watchable from an esports/stream point of view.

I could go on speculating about further consequences but since the premise is, well speculative, I'll leave it at this:-)

These were just some thoughts I've had lately, sparked to life by discussions on the last couple of pages. Thanks for reading and sorry for the lenght of this!

Interview with Bhatti:
https://www.gamesradar.com/we-want-...ow-his-move-to-japan-will-transform-pes-2019/

Last edited:
Some very interesting talk about the future of the game. I think, as B-man and others have talked about, that the future will be a main game of Myclub and other modes as paid DLC/subscribtion.

For me, there is a couple of indicators for this:
That Curdie/Alan guy, who is apparently both Adam Bhatti's buddie and the new self appointed spokesman of the "casual fanbase" of PES, has on a few occasions been asking forum members on WENB about their opinion on the prospect of a Free To Play Myclub game with DLC/subscribtion based modes. Given that he's apparantly tight with Bhatthi, I can't help reading Bhatti's quotes from an interview in december in exactely that light:

"There will be significant changes made to the way we produce the game, and what we offer as a package. It's the biggest change to the product in years, something that we began integrating with PES 2018. As mentioned earlier this year, we want to shock football fans each year for the next few years, with certain changes that simply wouldn't be expected from a yearly title."

And

"But we need to offer the same high standard in all other areas (my addition: besides gameplay), we want to be industry leading across the board. It's an easy thing to say, but we're always very aware of what it will take to get there. There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced."

And

"The real success however has been the amount of daily active users, which is substantially higher than last year. We added more modes such as Random Select mode and an integrated PES League mode, as well as the hugely popular 3v3 mode - all of which have contributed to more users playing PES consistently and having a reason to log back in each day."

I can't remember where, but I recently read that PES League is restricted to licensed teams. On that basis, combined with the above, I imagine the future, perhaps already 2019, will be a free or fairly cheap game (10-20 £) that is only downloadable (saves the distribution costs) consisting of Myclub, PES League, Random Selection (going online if it's doing well) and 3 v 3 (this might not need to be a mode but just a choice within other modes).
This base game will consist only of partnership clubs that they have been so focused on in the latter years, and will probably be the major clubs of Europe, Latin/South America and Asia (plus some licensed National Teams as usual). So Europe could be 5-6 major clubs from each of the 5 major leagues plus big clubs from smaller leagues. The data they retrieved from Online Divisions probably tell them there's no need for many more teams (everyone playing with Real, Barca, PSG and such).
In Myclub, as B-man said, the Fifpro license will provide them with pretty much all the players they need (plus the German ones from partnership clubs and NT), and the "base club" that users choose for their teams (badges, kits and stadiums) will be based on the licensed teams plus maybe the option to upload selfmade badges and kits to the game (might even be possible for others to see those in game with a disclaimer that Konami does not take legal responsibility for copyright infringements and will hand over user information to clubs/companies taking legal action).

So with that as the base game national leagues, cups, Master League, BAL and international cups will be paid DLCs or subscribtions. Apart from Asia and Uefa Champions League and Europa League (for however long licensed) these will all be unlicensed leagues, teams and stadiums -correct player names though - that include an edit mode similar to today (maybe a bit more user friendly to push sales). The only reason I see for this not to be implemented, is that users who bought the Master League mode would have no real incentive to buy seperate league modes, as they are already included in Master League. Or would it work the other way around - you buy a basic Master League and buy additional leagues to put in that can also be be played seperately?

This scenario would mean the complete capitalization of the game, also meaning that users with desires for smaller teams and leagues could very soon be missing these in PES. On the other hand it could also see a much better and deeper Master League since they'd probably have a dedicated team working on it with funds that reflect the user base (if it is substantial).
It could however also mean the obliteration of offline PES all together if they don't sell enough DLCs/subscribtions.
What would it mean for AI and gameplay in general? For me it's very hard to figure out if they are indeed striving to create the perfect mix of arcade and sim (as in old school PES) or purposely an arcade sprint and ping pong fest. Sadly signs point to the latter given Bhatti's statement in the aforementioned interview:
"I'm extremely proud of how the game is playing, I believe it's the best football playing experience we've ever created."
This coupled with his severing of ties with Footy United and subsequent endorsement of the PES Casual (who ironically is also fairly critical of elements of the game when you scratch the surface) does NOT bode well.

I could go on speculating about further consequences but since the premise is, well speculative, I'll leave it at this:-)

These were just some thoughts I've had lately, sparked to life by discussions on the last couple of pages. Thanks for reading and sorry for the lenght of this!

Interview with Bhatti:
https://www.gamesradar.com/we-want-...ow-his-move-to-japan-will-transform-pes-2019/
Very insightful post you said a couple things I haven't thought of before. Quality read thanks for the reply

There is one (there are actually several) massive issue I have with PES and FIFA going down the GaaS (games as a service) route. Let's say you're head over heels for PES Online 1.0, but then they completely alter the gameplay a year down the road with PES Online 2.0; what do you do? You're shit out of luck, that's what. If it's a unified product, you'll never be able to return to a previous state of the game due to it being update based. Not being able to return to previous iterations of the series sounds like a nightmare.

Such a good point. There's no going back once the game has moved on.

Do you play challenge or normal ML,if challenge,you’ll most likely get fired,if you don’t want to be fired and play challenge,change it.
Yes, i play on challenge...Owner wanted to qualify for CL, and i finished on 6 th place and won the Coppa Italia...It so unfair if i will be fired. But i will keep playing on challenge.

Well thank you B-man for making my mind start to wander:D Not only with your earlier post but in general on podcasts especially. You've delivered many insights (and rants:-) on those and I kinda miss hearing you talk about PES. However, I completely understand why you guys threw the towel in with the stuff leading up to PES 2018 and then playing the final game!

With you guys stopping talking about PES and the seemingly inevitable coming of esports (heck, even a major Danish club have an esports department now playing... Counter Strike) it truly feels like the "end times" for our segment of (PES) gamers, and it makes me a bit sad.

If they could only get the gameplay to a respectable level of sim I might even be ok with Myclub etc., but my hopes aren't high.

I don't think they'll be altering the gameplay too much, going by quotes from Adam they think they've nailed it

How often do you guys score long rangers in PES 2018?

I set up Free Training (Juve vs Liverpool), Top Player, 2 defenders in the opposing team and tried to score from outside the penalty box but gave up after about 100 attempts. Different angles, different distances, shooting after changing direction, volleys, basic shooting, manual shooting, what have you - everything goes wide or the keeper deflects it. Maybe it's always like that in training mode? Aside from that played only 10 normal matches so far (also without any successful long shots) so I can't be sure about this yet but it doesn't look good, reminds me of vanilla PES 2014. Was it different before patches?

I remember really enjoying the shooting in 2017, nice variety of goals including shots from distance, felt almost like in the old days. It's only my second day with PES 2018 but my first impression is that the shooting has actually regressed compared to last year.

@B-Man
Maybe EA can do that with their code because they're probably well organized but I'm not sure about Konami because I've read over the years here from PC guys how rubbish their code was.

If and when Konami lose their licenses and only have fifpro left, they might drop retail version altogether and just stick to pes lite, which is just myclub and microtransactions.

Or they can go back to their roots and rely on good gameplay and us again, which I hope happens.

Let's say you're head over heels for PES Online 1.0, but then they completely alter the gameplay a year down the road with PES Online 2.0; what do you do? You're shit out of luck, that's what.

That's what I thought too, but unfortunately it's already like that. All EA/Konami patches are mandatory and you can't roll back, at least legally. With fifa, when the fut crowd sneezes, EA enters panic mode, and most patches are about appeasing them. In the fifa world, everyone fears that every single patch will ruin things, in konami land ... well there's usually hope that even a datapack can transform a flawed game into some kind of pes classic. Usually konami hardly touches the game no matter the flaws but there's always a big placebo party!

Interesting discussion. What I wonder, is if there's any chance of the offline game becoming a separate product. That would be a good development. As long as the gameplay is shared we're screwed. Unless someone goes for a more serious gameplay approach in fut/myclub, which seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:

I set up Free Training (Juve vs Liverpool), Top Player, 2 defenders in the opposing team and tried to score from outside the penalty box but gave up after about 100 attempts. Different angles, different distances, shooting after changing direction, volleys, basic shooting, manual shooting, what have you - everything goes wide or the keeper deflects it. Maybe it's always like that in training mode? Aside from that played only 10 normal matches so far (also without any successful long shots) so I can't be sure about this yet but it doesn't look good, reminds me of vanilla PES 2014. Was it different before patches?

I remember really enjoying the shooting in 2017, nice variety of goals including shots from distance, felt almost like in the old days. It's only my second day with PES 2018 but my first impression is that the shooting has actually regressed compared to last year.
Here's one I hit and I have another from quite some distance that surprised me.
http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/73f73ac2-a01f-47f5-be23-740225ea741f

I had one knuckle so hard that the keeper legit just watched it go in. Got me out of my seat.

Modes with microtransactions like FUT/MyClub are surely bringing them money but also many people(maybe even more than 50%)are still playing Career/ML mode and both companies know that.
We still see many people asking for better career modes on different forums and social media so it's unlikely for me that both companies will abandon completely these modes and concentrate 100% on online modes.They don't want to lose these career customers.

The thing is what ideas they have to improve them and how they can implement them in the game in a right way.
I mean Team Spirit is good in theory but it must be implemented in a more correct way and not have so big influence.
Silly transfers will always be happening like in real life also sometimes,but they still have to make them less ridiculous maybe by putting some regional filters or something.Budgets and prices must be more realistic.
Also get rid of the retarded regens.I don't understand why it's so difficult to put an option On or Off for this before you start a ML.
Injuries must be much more common and many other things.

But the most important thing is gameplay.Both companies know that the average user plays 10 min matches or even less so they try to make the game ''fun'' by having end to end feel,chances,goals,flicks and all that bullshit otherwise it'll be ''boring''.
That's why they have on purpose the lack of fouls and proper midfield game etc.
But what about the people that play career 15-20 min matches on slow?They have to find a better balance for matches with that conditions so the things you see happening are making sense.
I know this is not easy at all.They can't have both these things on spot,so they have to sacrifice something.
I just wish they would sacrifice more of the ''fun'' factor in favor of the sim factor.

I think that for next Pes they will try to improve ML because i think they know that it's left behind.Maybe the increased sales of Pes 2018 as opposed to previous years will help in that aspect by providing more funds to actually improve the game.
It will be a crucial year for both games.Let's wait and see what they'll produce.

P.S. Fuck subscribtions and all that internet gaming bullshit for many reasons.Much better to have a yearly game like now.I'm already bugged enough with the Steam bullshit and that i have to run it everytime that i want to play and that if i have some internet problem i can't play at all.That's pathetic.In that aspect console owners are lucky to have a console.With this subscribtion bullshit it will become even worse for everyone and they will have total control of ''your'' product and just cause more problems for you as a customer.

Hey gentlemen, another question...
What place should i take or what should i win to have a pre-season tournament?

B-man,

Not having to produce a yearly game may prove to be the best thing ever for football games. I wouldn't mind paying more for PES 2019 in january 2019 or even later if they update the squads of PES 2018 (wich they wouldn't) and then having to wait until 2021 to have a new core game (if they update the squads and leagues at the beginning of new seasons). That could be in a blessing in disguise...finally the deverlopment teams could take their time to make a flawless game (i.e. without bugs).

What if Konami loose the UEFA license? That would be the end for the franchise.
Personally i wouldn't mind having only South American teams in the game (but then fully licensed, which will not be the case), football is football and there are lots of good players in South America.

Wouldn't even mind having a game with only some minor European leagues (Belgian obviously, but also Scandinavia, Greece, Turkish, etc..). Football is football and it is always fun, IF IT'S A GOOD GAME.

No matter what happens, the quality of the gameplay will be the deciding factor.

Even tho PES 2014 overall was a bad game it had some really good physics. Especially the ball physics, it’s the best in the series by far. Honestly going back playing it again, and even watching it again the ball movements were fantastic and very realistic. When crossing, passing and shooting it looks and moves beautifully. MASS was also really good, it doesn’t exist anymore, don’t know why they even removed it. The game even had better kits and net physics than now lol. Turf texture were better too. I can tell they panicked with how bad the game was received. They abandoned everything when they should have build up on it. PES 19 needs to live up to the hype otherwise I’m done. Although, I will buy it if ML is really improved and added the necessary features.

Yes Pes 19 really has to stand out if I’m going to buy it.
A great ML.
A Pes 11-14 gameplay (at least) otherwise I’d rather keep playing older games or FIFA
Even though I loved the gameplay at first on 18,it got old fast,and ML is so awful and boring,both 16-17 had better feel

Back
Top Bottom