PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

One thing I want in games is complete freedom when controlling your player
You think you have it now,but we don’t,trying to reach a ball or go for a tackle,it’s pretty much magnetic to the ball.
Or standing behind a player that is shielding the ball,not much you can do movement wise.
And when switching over to a player,they always take a weird step back giving the cpu a slight advantage (could remember wrong,haven’t played Pes in a while)

I think Pes is better than fifa in that sense,but it needs to be better.
One other thing,since all games are moving into online gaming,why don’t konami set up tournaments?
I’m not talking about fut etc,but 11v11 tournaments
Like 2k has,set up a team and go for glory via regional and international tournaments
Think that 2k has $100k for the winners.
I’d deffo love playing a 11 vs 11 league with dedicated gamers.

Every online experience in sports games has been the same. Starts out with excitement at the prospect of something new, but I quickly realize that people simply look to use as many exploits as possible as the win is more important that the experience. So I stopped caring about online.

You perfectly described in a few words why I feel like I'll never be passionate for a soccer game online.

I want to simulate the sport, not exploit an unrealistic meta. There are far better games of other kind for that.

You think you have it now,but we don’t,trying to reach a ball or go for a tackle,it’s pretty much magnetic to the ball.
I know that feel.
Resorting to the so called "super cancel" (RB+RT) helps in those situations when you feel that your player is not moving like you thought he would. It usually "frees" the player from the magnetic field that keeps him going towards the ball and lets you decide how he should move instead.

Problem is, it should be on by default (and we should be able to press RB+RT to disable it and to have the player "auto-follow" the ball) but it would be too difficult for many.
An option to set it on or off by default would be cool though.

Beware though that it's easier said than done especially at the beginning: while trying to learn when and how to use it I lost hundreds if not thousands of balls... :YES:

Or standing behind a player that is shielding the ball,not much you can do movement wise.
And when switching over to a player,they always take a weird step back giving the cpu a slight advantage (could remember wrong,haven’t played Pes in a while)

I think Pes is better than fifa in that sense,but it needs to be better.
One other thing,since all games are moving into online gaming,why don’t konami set up tournaments?
I’m not talking about fut etc,but 11v11 tournaments
Like 2k has,set up a team and go for glory via regional and international tournaments
Think that 2k has $100k for the winners.
I’d deffo love playing a 11 vs 11 league with dedicated gamers.

One of my biggest pet peeves is the player I'm controlling doing nothing as the ball rolls right past him. Same goes for AI teammates.

2K's E-League will be the first of it's kind. It remains to be seen how successful it will be. If it does turn out to be successful other games will certainly follow suit. Of course I imagine it'll be a bit easier in 2k than in PES. It's a lot easier to get 5 players to coordinate than it is to get 11.

I know that feel.
Resorting to the so called "super cancel" (RB+RT) helps in those situations when you feel that your player is not moving like you thought he would. It usually "frees" the player from the magnetic field that keeps him going towards the ball and lets you decide how he should move instead.

Problem is, it should be on by default (and we should be able to press RB+RT to disable it and to have the player "auto-follow" the ball) but it would be too difficult for many.

Beware though that it's easier said than done especially at the beginning: while trying to learn when and how to use it I lost hundreds if not thousands of balls... :YES:

I never really utilised the super cancel until 2018. I think I use it more than I'd like. Sometimes the path players take to get to the ball just doesn't make any sense. Heck players will sprint after a ball going out of bounds even if possession is going to be in their favor. I've lost corners/throw ins/goal kicks because of this.

But still it's nice that that even is an option in the game.

I know that feel.

Ha ha,yeah need to sort my super cancel move out aLe.
I’m shit at that bro

One of my biggest pet peeves is the player I'm controlling doing nothing as the ball rolls right past him. Same goes for AI teammates.

2K's E-League will be the first of it's kind. It remains to be seen how successful it will be. If it does turn out to be successful other games will certainly follow suit. Of course I imagine it'll be a bit easier in 2k than in PES. It's a lot easier to get 5 players to coordinate than it is to get 11.

I never really utilised the super cancel until 2018. I think I use it more than I'd like. Sometimes the path players take to get to the ball just doesn't make any sense. Heck players will sprint after a ball going out of bounds even if possession is going to be in their favor. I've lost corners/throw ins/goal kicks because of this.

But still it's nice that that even is an option in the game.
Sure will be tough getting 11 v 11 going,but I think if more and more start playing those online modes will grow.
Maybe all our offline gaming will be online soon,guess so

If everything moves online, that'll be it for me then lol.
Same - but then saying that, I don't think games aim to make the AI play like the real teams any more (only playing with one sort of style) - and it feels like the only AI which really gets worked on is the positioning elements used in online games anyway (i.e. when it controls the other ten players on your team).

PES always used to be the king of this stuff - every PES review of the last ten years says "every match is different" and "individuality is obvious". Suddenly, 2018 comes along and every team tries to spam the same sort of chances.

I don't think single-player is going anywhere - but I can't see it ever getting better, now. Online may improve, single-player won't. In which case, why do we still play it (and/or hope for it)...

I reviewed PES 2017 for the site, and said that it was a solid game (offline), with my hope being 2018 had more variety in the basics (i.e. a variety of contacts when passing/shooting). Suddenly, the AI seems to have been simplified, tactics diluted, and none of that basic stuff had even been touched. I was genuinely shocked, and for me, it's the most disappointing PES release in recent memory.

Same - but then saying that, I don't think games aim to make the AI play like the real teams any more (only playing with one sort of style) - and it feels like the only AI which really gets worked on is the positioning elements used in online games anyway (i.e. when it controls the other ten players on your team).

That makes sense tbf. That they would program the AI to kinda just be a placeholder; not influence the result one or another and have that be up to the player. I can see that.

That makes sense tbf [...] that they would program the AI to kinda just be a placeholder
But then there's no difference between playing Man United and Mansfield Town. I don't know if I explained myself very well, I've edited the post now!

Ah. That makes more sense. Appreciate the added explanation.

I will say, I still think that we are moving in that direction; where attributes mean less online and results are more controlled by player skill. Especially now with the big push for competitive online gaming.

Well, allow me to skip the controversial part (as discussing it here wouldn't be wise), but also let me say that I think the same.
The reason is the one we said before: it definitely looks like they don't care anymore about the single player side of the game.
PES 2018 is most likely the best looking football game ever, and it also plays great against other people... But it's not enough for me, a single player fanatic. And if PES 2019 isn't a step forward in the direction I hope, I doubt I'll be willing to buy it when it gets released.

I feel that PES 2017 was superior in the single player aspect, and (please don't shoot me) PES 2015 is still the game I play the most despite its flaws and despite it being one of the least popular around here.
Yeah, some of its animations look stiff, some moves are a little clunky to execute (countless times I've been dispossessed while my player was putting himself in the right position to perform a pass) and sometimes players' reactions are odd (as in "I see the ball and I could easily reach it by sticking out a foot but hey, the pass is not aimed at me so it's none of my business... I'll let it roll into an opponent's path instead") but it's still the PES game I like the most.
PES 2018 is certainly not one of the best looking football games ever.

For a start, the kits are way too bright, red kits for example look terrible, as do the turf textures.

I know that feel.

Probably have it under full manual. Or just another setting to switch on off under controller settings.

Last edited:
You know what has Always worried me?
That the people who are working for Konami (Asim, Adam and before that Seabass) seem only to play with the very big teams (Ac Milan, Man United, Inter).
You never hear one of them talking about playing with Le Havre, Atalanta, Bournemouth or teams like that.
I almost never play with the big teams, i 've never played with Messi or Ronaldo (i'm lying, i played a demo with Argentina, but you get my point) and i have a feeling that there is individuality for those superstars (i play with Belgium and Hazard and De Bruyne feel lifelike for example), but not for the other players (or much less).

In the PS2 days one could find some hidden gems (i remember D'Alessandro years ago when he played for Wolfsburg) or non superstars who were fantastic (Ilhan Mansiz, Valeron). I have a feeling that this is not longer the case...and perhaps there is a reason for...young people mostly don't support clubs but superstar players. My son's favourite player is De Bruyne, if De Bruyne moves from City to United, he will support United. My daughter's favourite player is Hazard, if he moves from Chelsea to Real she will support Real Madrid.

One also see that in the recruitment of clubs like PSG and City...this is killing football...both CL matches between Madrid and PSG were imo travesties of a football match... PEs is trying to reflect this and that is wrong imo.

PES 2018 is certainly not one of the best looking football games ever.

For a start, the kits are way too bright, red kits for example look terrible, as do the turf textures.
Well, it's tricky to get the right result but I can confirm that fiddling a little with the brightness/contrast controls that you're faced with when you first start ther game definitely helps.
Of course, there are several mods that help making it look even better (at least for PC) like @RainyNguyen's turf mod, or @klashman69's kits (which can also be used with PS4) but all in all with the right brightness/contrast settings it looks good to me.

I urge people to give Online divisions a try. If you go with manual passing and set the matchmaking to "similar settings" you will get a pretty good online experience. It's not perfect but I RARELY feel cheated, the high through balls or whatever that might be a exploit with PA 1 (and above) isn't there. Of course you can still use it but it's much more depending on you, the user, if it will be a good through ball etc. Also; about 75% of people playing like this also use manual shooting and advanced through balls and for most of the time use lesser teams.

And yes, you will have to sacrifice some of the players stats in passing but are they really apparent when using PA1 anyway? Nope.

And yes, there are not that many playing like this so sometimes you will have a hard time finding people to play but if you are like me (having job and family) there isn't that hard to get matches in the evening or on the weekends.

Again, before someone bash me (;)); the game isn't perfect, there are still a number of things that will annoy you but the game is at least enjoyable in a way that I haven't felt since the days gathering some friends IRL and kill them with inch- perfect passes from Riquelme still playing for Villarreal...

Absolutely true!

Need to give that one a go again.

Can´t remember any of those games that didn´t give me pure satisfaction.

That the people who are working for Konami (Asim, Adam and before that Seabass) seem only to play with the very big teams (Ac Milan, Man United, Inter).
You never hear one of them talking about playing with Le Havre, Atalanta, Bournemouth or teams like that.
I almost never play with the big teams, i 've never played with Messi or Ronaldo (i'm lying, i played a demo with Argentina, but you get my point) and i have a feeling that there is individuality for those superstars (i play with Belgium and Hazard and De Bruyne feel lifelike for example), but not for the other players (or much less).

In the PS2 days one could find some hidden gems (i remember D'Alessandro years ago when he played for Wolfsburg) or non superstars who were fantastic (Ilhan Mansiz, Valeron). I have a feeling that this is not longer the case...and perhaps there is a reason for...young people mostly don't support clubs but superstar players. My son's favourite player is De Bruyne, if De Bruyne moves from City to United, he will support United. My daughter's favourite player is Hazard, if he moves from Chelsea to Real she will support Real Madrid.

One also see that in the recruitment of clubs like PSG and City...this is killing football...both CL matches between Madrid and PSG were imo travesties of a football match... PEs is trying to reflect this and that is wrong imo.
Great post Gerd
Yes,I always,even though I played as Milan on 15-16,they were shit back then,play smaller teams myself,mainly because I hate the modern way of making football teams into conglomerates,and obviously PSG/City and R*d B*ll being the worst
That could be a very good point Gerd,Pes/fifa lays all the eggs in a very small basket,and makes the rest absolutely pointless.
Football should be portrayed on all levels,small teams,relegation battles,promotion races,smaller stadiums,I mean they don’t even get the joy of winning the league/cup right.
Just a anticlimax and poor cutscene.
Every trailer you see for both football games is about passion,both on and off the pitch,and when you start playing it it’s kinda...meh!
Well written post Gerd,thanx for this

Great post Gerd

Football should be portrayed on all levels,small teams,relegation battles,promotion races,smaller stadiums,I mean they don’t even get the joy of winning the league/cup right.
Just a anticlimax and poor cutscene.

This was, ironically, kinda why we all remember the old journey with Master League with such nostalgic passion.

Because building up your team from the poor default guys to a winning all team of great players, truly felt like giving you a different, evolving experience on all levels. It was like another balanced difficulty level on itself.. even if some "scripting" was always present in some form, there was no need for the killer, unrealistic ai bullshit of this year.

Granted, a lot of the subtles you are asking weren't still there. But for the rest, making you feel the evolution from a small team to a big one so well was exactly why most of us felt like ML had a "soul".

This was, ironically, kinda why we all remember the old journey with Master League with such nostalgic passion.

Because building up your team from the poor default guys to a winning all team of great players, truly felt like giving you a different, evolving experience on all levels. It was like another balanced difficulty level on itself.. even if some "scripting" was always present in some form, there was no need for the killer, unrealistic ai bullshit of this year.

Granted, a lot of the subtles you are asking weren't still there. But for the rest, making you feel the evolution from a small team to a big one so well was exactly why most of us felt like ML had a "soul".
Yes sir,exactly how it was,it had soul,it had,not only the pot of gold at the end,but the way there,the journey.
Fuck I miss that.
Can't really remember when that disappeared,think I had a good run on pes 13, but definitely on 11, getting Blackpool out of relegation two years in a row,then having a few good seasons in the top 10.
Don't think I've had that feeling and joy since.
And going back to pes 6,which is the game that stands out for me,not the greatest,but for me the most enjoyable,must have had 30+ ML seasons on it,played it up until Pes 11

That's a really interesting point. This is kind of my area because I'm studying new media but I think a lot of the younger generation do orientate around player brands because of the overwhelming presence of them on social media, etc. Players have become bigger than clubs in some ways. Clubs have also freely bought into that because of the revenue it produces (e.g. Paul Pogba).

My own team, Manchester United, were always a major brand in the 90s. Beckham though is probably what got this all started. The Beckham effect is kind of what we see in all the major players of today. Although I loved Beckham as a kid, I definitely didn't support him over United but seemingly (in your examples at least) that's precisely what's happening.

Football being global has impacted the way people consume it. I mean once upon a time you only supported the team you lived closest too, then as TV coverage came in people started whichever team they wanted. I suppose it's only natural that as players have started to take to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, younger people feel closer to them than they do the clubs. I mean obviously there's no real relationship between them but that's one of the prevailing impacts of new media in giving the impression that there is.

It probably does effect FIFA and PES which is why so much support goes into the players' individual elements and not the team. We even have modes built around it. Everybody discussing individual player rankings. Development, or at least marketing, is fixated on them.

We might even one day in the not too distant future reach a point where kids start supporting e-sports teams because their favourite e-celeb plays for them.

Yep, ML did indeed have soul and was incredibly addictive along with the gameplay on the field. Good times.

(Another year of following the discussions on Evo-Web without posting anything... beware the wall of text!)

tl;dr: Today I bought PES 2018 after not playing (modern) PES for a year and I sort of liked it.

Last year was kind of unusual for me when it comes to PES. For the first time ever I didn't really follow any news about the next installment, when the demo came out I think I might have played a match or two and then forgot about it, while in the meantime I occasionally played FIFA 17 and PES 6. To compare, when PES 2017 was coming out I followed the news all the time and bought the game on day one, and after 2 weeks of editing on my own (later lost due to Konami updated and my stupidity) had a blast playing it, though later it sort of dwindled out, especially when after few patches I could not recognize the game, and concluded that I in recent years the most fun I had was with PES 2016, despite a number of obvious flaws that plagued it (starting with AI's low-shots). So the last time I played a contemporary PES game was almost exactly a year ago, and I had no intention of seriously trying out the new game.

And yet, today I felt an impulse and bought a copy of PES 2018 on a whim, although just yesterday I was playing PES 6 (lots of fun, even though it was exhibition) while planning to try a little experiment with FIFA 18 (which I also recently got, lured by a discount on Xbox Live) - tweaking the sliders in order to bring the gameplay as close as possible to PES 6 while maintaining a believable, close to real-life match stats (which PES 6 on its own does quite well, except the fouls...). You can tell I am not satisfied with base gameplay in FIFA if I was willing to spend a lot of time just trying to tweak it. While I consider the latest FIFA games as good overall, there is still a lot to be desired, especially when you play against the AI exclusively (FUT might be fun, but in the long run it feels, well, FUTile). Anyway, this morning, while browsing Evo forums, I decided to give PES 2018 a chance, even though a lot of voices here seem to paint a bleak picture, but then again isn't this business as usual the last couple of years?

I have no idea how was the demo, how the game felt on day one or how the subsequent patches changed it. FIFA 18 and PES 6 are fresh in my mind so these work for me as natural benchmarks (funny how a 12 year old game still remains strong). I only played 4 games so far (Top Player, 10 min, just exhibition so no ML scripting and such), but I have some impressions already:

-It feels a lot like 2017, I actually wonder what was presented as the new, exciting features this year. The main menu is a complete deja vu, I actually had to double check that this indeed is 2018.

-For the first time since the Game Speed setting was (re)introduced, I felt it's too sluggish at 0. +1 feels better, though there's a side effect of some shots feeling slightly too powerful.

-I expected very end-to-end matches but actually so far I got a lot of wrestling in the midfield, and setting up a good shot actually required some effort. On first glance the flow of the game feels all right.

-I remembered how I always miss the PES style camera in FIFA games. You know how in FIFA the camera never moves vertically above a certain point and the players on the far side look like ants? I always prefered how in PES the camera would actually follow the ball more closely all over the pitch, it may limit the field view sometimes but it always felt better. Also, the essential camera swing setting. I know it's nothing new but I every year I hope to see that in FIFA but I guess it will never happen.

-Glad to see dribbling is still like in the old days - you can actually dribble effectively just with the left stick, wrongfooting defenders and creating space. Compare to FIFA where players move like they are stuck in the mud, and the AI defenders are clairvoyant unless you exploit the fake shot.

-All games ended with a 1-0 score, either for me or CPU, so no goalfests are happening immediately, good sign.

-Lack of fouls is often mentioned here on the forums. The first matches showed me it's not that bad, I got at least 2 fouls in each game, and the AI actually got booked more times than me (3 yellows against 2 for my players in 4 games). This is still a miniscule amount of fouls per game, but I'd say it's acceptable, and yesterday I was reminded that PES 6 wasn't much better in this regard although I never really noticed it. I need to play more obviously but it already feels better than FIFA this year, at least in my case.

-Good to see Japan licensed again. Not good to see the lazy names for unlicensed teams (stuff like PM White Blue - really?) or having unlicensed Slovakian (example) players named like native Brits. And since I switched from PS4 to XO last year I am on my own with editing - but no way I am going to spend weeks in Edit mode like last year, I swore to myself this is never going to happen again (I'll only touch the fake names and stadium assigns and call it a day)

-The shooting and goalkeepers feel... weird. Unfortunately the shooting (basic) still feels somehow stiff, limited and predictable - if there is one thing FIFA does better on the pitch it's definitely the shooting (even if what precedes it can be quite ugly sometimes), though I recognised an improvement in this area in 2017 and it definitely carries over here. But what I find weird is that so far the keepers, specifically their animations, behave like they are in sync with the power of the shot. I'll explain - if a shot is powerful and fast, you will see a rather prompt reaction from the keeper (whether he makes a save or not is a different matter) but it looks rather natual. On the other hand, when the shot is weak and the ball travels at turtle's pace, the keeper will suddenly move like he fell into a tank of water, and when he finally reaches the ball, instead of catching it (as you would expect in a slow paced situation like that) he will deflect it like a five year old junior. It almost looks like the keeper is making an ironically dramatic save, as if he was mocking the opponent for such a weak attempt at scoring a goal and making it look ridiculous by fumbling the ball. And the funny thing is that when you see a replay of it in the highlights, it somehow looks okay and completely natural, while during the match it felt like the game briefly switched to slow-motion. Is it just me? I saw this at least once in every match and it really stood out, reminds me of PES 2014 keepers on launch day but less ridiculous (no funny goals conceded). The keepers in general make good saves, but their animations and reactions often feel stiff, slow and belated. I have to say that since PES 2008 I am not satisfied with how the keepers move even though much was done in this aspect.

But overall, I had a good time, and I hope the honeymoon will not be over soon. I'd say it took about a week of playing FIFA 18 before I concluded I have to take a rest and consider the whole slider thing just out of curiosity. PES, despite its flaws, still has that "something", something ephemeral rooted deep inside it since the golden era that is still there, which allows me to keep calling PES my "home" when it comes to virtual football, despite FIFA's best efforts.

On related note, I always felt that even though PES and FIFA today are very different games than 10-15 years ago, made by different people, you can still feel the shadows of the past installments in the most recent games - you could say that at least some parts of design principles and approach to certain aspect of football have remained unchanged at both Konami and EA, even though in recent years they tried to copy each other in various aspects. That's why, for example, when playing PES you (or at least I) can feel as if the pitch is bigger and there is much more space to do stuff, while FIFA still somehow feels more cramped. Game flow, tactics, cameras, cut-scenes, menus, what have you - funny how you can look at some of that stuff and point out that it's still almost the same as FIFA 06 (or PES 5). As long as it holds true to PES, and that identity remains, I guess I will still support the series despite some glaring flaws or questionable design decisions. And I believe this also applies to a lot of you guys, that's why we are still here, discussing and playing PES, sometimes even enjoying it, while not giving up hope.

(If you made it here - :WORSHIP:)

I began experiencing FPS drops in the beginning of matches(offline & online play), also in corners and sometimes when approaching the penalty areas. I have PS4 Pro, the hard drive is almost empty. Does anybody have similar problems? I cannot figure out why the game is dropping frames... tried to defrag it several times and its not working.

I began experiencing FPS drops in the beginning of matches(offline & online play), also in corners and sometimes when approaching the penalty areas. I have PS4 Pro, the hard drive is almost empty. Does anybody have similar problems? I cannot figure out why the game is dropping frames... tried to defrag it several times and its not working.
Have you tried re-installing the game?

That's a really interesting point. This is kind of my area because I'm studying new media but I think a lot of the younger generation do orientate around player brands because of the overwhelming presence of them on social media, etc. Players have become bigger than clubs in some ways. Clubs have also freely bought into that because of the revenue it produces (e.g. Paul Pogba).

My own team, Manchester United, were always a major brand in the 90s. Beckham though is probably what got this all started. The Beckham effect is kind of what we see in all the major players of today. Although I loved Beckham as a kid, I definitely didn't support him over United but seemingly (in your examples at least) that's precisely what's happening.

Football being global has impacted the way people consume it. I mean once upon a time you only supported the team you lived closest too, then as TV coverage came in people started whichever team they wanted. I suppose it's only natural that as players have started to take to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, younger people feel closer to them than they do the clubs. I mean obviously there's no real relationship between them but that's one of the prevailing impacts of new media in giving the impression that there is.

It probably does effect FIFA and PES which is why so much support goes into the players' individual elements and not the team. We even have modes built around it. Everybody discussing individual player rankings. Development, or at least marketing, is fixated on them.

We might even one day in the not too distant future reach a point where kids start supporting e-sports teams because their favourite e-celeb plays for them.

To be honest, both my kids (18 and 15 years old) also support the local team (KV Mechelen, Sunday we ll' know if they can stay up or will relegate to the second division. We are season ticket holders.

Some really good discussion in here as of late makes for good reading :)

I just wanted to say I think we are headed to subscription based downloads very very soon. The yearly cycle will be gone either this year or next year atleast for EA. I'll try to find the link to the article where an EA guy said they can move code around so easy now that they don't need to do a yearly release anymore they can do streaming updates and were already looking at doing that for FIFA 19.

Also heard rumblings World Cup game will be DLC and not a stand alone game which is really disappointing because those have been some of my favorite one-off games going back to World Cup 98. Anyone read anything of the World Cup game/DLC?

With Konami, when they lose the UEFA license to EA--and they will lose that license--what does Konami do I wonder? EA will have all the major licenses and leagues. I definitely foresee Konami in the future going the subscription route as well but for myClub with an enhanced edit mode. They have the FIFAPro license for real player names and likenesses. Edit Mode for e-sports and myClub players to create their team's kits and online micro transactions to pay to build up your team and get legends. For me, since they are all in on myClub and maxing revenue it seems like the logical way forward for them.

Whats everyones thoughts on that?

Some really good discussion in here as of late makes for good reading :)

I just wanted to say I think we are headed to subscription based downloads very very soon. The yearly cycle will be gone either this year or next year atleast for EA. I'll try to find the link to the article where an EA guy said they can move code around so easy now that they don't need to do a yearly release anymore they can do streaming updates and were already looking at doing that for FIFA 19.

Also heard rumblings World Cup game will be DLC and not a stand alone game which is really disappointing because those have been some of my favorite one-off games going back to World Cup 98. Anyone read anything of the World Cup game/DLC?

With Konami, when they lose the UEFA license to EA--and they will lose that license--what does Konami do I wonder? EA will have all the major licenses and leagues. I definitely foresee Konami in the future going the subscription route as well but for myClub with an enhanced edit mode. They have the FIFAPro license for real player names and likenesses. Edit Mode for e-sports and myClub players to create their team's kits and online micro transactions to pay to build up your team and get legends. For me, since they are all in on myClub and maxing revenue it seems like the logical way forward for them.

You spoke my mind.
All of that have been going through my mind lately. Specially the Champions League license thing.
When EA gets ahold of the CL license, that'll be it for Konami. And EA will cause disaster with it.

On them moving to subscription based games?

Well, since this format would be the ultimate death of modding (only thing keeping me playing soccer games in modern era), and since this would probably mean we are going towards an almost completely focused My Club/FUT experience all along, it would surely be the end of me giving any of my money to either Konami or EA for good.

What happens after that for the last of us purists, would be tough to say. I still hope for a third alternative to pop out sometimes in the future, but the more years pass the more it seems like wishful thinking. The other alternative would be to delve into retrogaming but even that will be boring after a while.

I don't know, it seems like a very sad perspective.

Back
Top Bottom