PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Paris FC is the result of parting ways hen PSG were formed right?
Bastia is a cool team,the team that pretty much the whole of France hated due to their Corse nationalism and fuck France attitude
To bad about their belly up

That free kick glitch looks annoying and shouldnt be in the game, however... its down to the user (it shouldnt be, but is in this case) to just use restraint. You can cheat in Football Manager and exploit the match engine, but people dont hate on that... its the same across the board in games.

Plus no one on here wins free kicks anyway, so its irrelevant :D

Hopefully its raised as a bug, as the keepers bar that are pretty solid.

what a load of shite !! it wouldn't let me switch to my player in time and i end up conceding a goal because of it. game is completely broken until they patch this!

happens to me all the time, especially online it's even worst! There was a situation where the ball was kicked by my opponent from mid field, i couldn't switch to anyone to intercept it, it rolled clearly into my penalty box through all my defenders who stood still unable to move. His midfielder came in all nice and fresh and kicked the ball into my goal. Stupid Konami ! But when I complain about these things I get told that I'm a troll. Whatever!

happens to me all the time, especially online it's even worst! There was a situation where the ball was kicked by my opponent from mid field, i couldn't switch to anyone to intercept it, it rolled clearly into my penalty box through all my defenders who stood still unable to move. His midfielder came in all nice and fresh and kicked the ball into my goal. Stupid Konami ! But when I complain about these things I get told that I'm a troll. Whatever!
Post like this and people probably think you are?

Last edited:
Maybe it's the internet. Back in the days people spend so much time just playing the game and now people spend much more time talking about the things that are not perfect instead of playing the game with all his problems. Sometimes i get the feeling that people go online after every 10 min game just to talk about the ping pong passing that happens in this 10 min game for the next 30 minutes.

You know, i can tell you millions things i would love to change in PES 2018. But still i find my way to have fun with this game and i'm sure that would not be possible if i would be talking about all the things that get on my nerves 20 times a day.

And just a thought. I could talk about a lot of really annoying things in the old games like PES 3 and 4 and so on. But back in the days people don't take it all so serious. They were laughing and crying the same time about Adriano's rocket shots. But it was not the end of the world. It was just something that was bad but we still found a way to have fun with it.

I don't think you're wrong but what are people going to talk about if they don't talk about stuff like that? We have a ML adventure thread. We have a video thread. Those are the 'positive' threads so speak. This is the discussion thread and people who post negatively usually put a lot more effort in than people who speak positively. It's not exactly generating much of a talking point when somebody logs in to post something like 'Oh wow! This game is phenomenal. I love it'.

But again, I don't disagree with you. The internet does prompt negative discussion. Maybe it'd be better if there were a wider variety of threads because as a forum we all tend to gravitate towards this one and it's been like this every year as far as I remember. C'est la vie.

I just read on the pro evolution soccer Facebook page that there has been 50 million downloads for there pes mobile game, now that tells me financially there’s no excuse and what that sounds like to me is head chief Konami is taking us fans for a ride with this low budget game, they obviously have the dollars for a bigger team and to make huge improvements but instead they give us very small and broken improvements cos he knows we will buy the game regardless, yep they really do care about the fans, load of shit. I label Konami know even worse than EA at its peak, also explains a lot why podcasts are very quite as of late, cos what’s the point if we are the extreme minority and won’t listen to us.

I just read on the pro evolution soccer Facebook page that there has been 50 million downloads for there pes mobile game, now that tells me financially there’s no excuse and what that sounds like to me is head chief Konami is taking us fans for a ride with this low budget game, they obviously have the dollars for a bigger team and to make huge improvements but instead they give us very small and broken improvements cos he knows we will buy the game regardless, yep they really do care about the fans, load of shit. I label Konami know even worse than EA at its peak, also explains a lot why podcasts are very quite as of late, cos what’s the point if we are the extreme minority and won’t listen to us.

Let's wait and see what happens from now on before we jump into conclusions.
Adam said this was the start of a new 3 year cycle/plan for a reason. Maybe that's why.

I just read on the pro evolution soccer Facebook page that there has been 50 million downloads for there pes mobile game, now that tells me financially there’s no excuse and what that sounds like to me is head chief Konami is taking us fans for a ride with this low budget game, they obviously have the dollars for a bigger team and to make huge improvements but instead they give us very small and broken improvements cos he knows we will buy the game regardless, yep they really do care about the fans, load of shit,
Let's wait and see what happens from now on before we jump into conclusions.
Adam said this was the start of a new 3 year cycle/plan for a reason. Maybe that's why.
i don’t blame Adam and co at all, they are just pawns, it’s the upper hierarchy that’s causing these issues, i guess myself and a few others will be expecting a lot more than ever in the next release.

Sublime sublime sublime game. The more I play , the more depth I find.

Playing Premier League where I play against Liverpool, high pressure-pressing game. Then following game in Europa League playing Zenit in Russia and they play so much slower and defensive. Not to mention the fact that it's an away game in Russia my players are not quite as strong as when they play at home, very cool.

Pes 2018 is even more about strategy and tactics compared with Pes 2017, so awesome.

How is people finding the CPU so far?

I'm using manual and top player Topaz and I find it difficult to beat in ML. .it will try a different approach if you block it's normal avenues of scoring . . have seen plenty of variation in scoring and some samey ones too. . .if the switching and fouls/penos were fixed it could be a great game.

I'm using manual and top player Topaz and I find it difficult to beat in ML. .it will try a different approach if you block it's normal avenues of scoring . . have seen plenty of variation in scoring and some samey ones too. . .if the switching and fouls/penos were fixed it could be a great game.

Do you still feel as if some matches are unbeatable? I have played FIFA 18 for some time and I want to take a break from that(not really enjoying as much as I hope for). However, I don't want to feel like a match is fixed for me to lose no matter if I change the starting line up, the tactics or the style of my play.

Do you still feel as if some matches are unbeatable? I have played FIFA 18 for some time and I want to take a break from that(not really enjoying as much as I hope for). However, I don't want to feel like a match is fixed for me to lose no matter if I change the starting line up, the tactics or the style of my play.

C'mon Topaz of course scripting is still there but sometimes it switches momentum from one half to the next and can present half opportunities for you to come back and most times when you score momentum will favour you as you know. I've often switched from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 for example while getting beaten and came back to win. .this game reminds me a lot of Pes 2014, doesn't feel like the finished article yet and I say yet in hope of patches saving it.

I'm not enjoying FIFA either. But come on, you know how long scripting has been a part of PES. It's not something they can patch out, it's something that runs deep. Even the most ardent PES fans will tell you this (EDIT: see above).

It's got a lot of great stuff and there's some brilliant option files out now, the game looks gorgeous with the right camera etc... But scripting is never going to go away!

I've got an ML save as Newcastle that, every time a new patch comes out, I go back to - because my next game is against Man United. Every time I play it, no matter my tactics/marking, United hit perfect chipped through-balls through the middle to Ibra, who will either smash it in, volley it in, or scissor-kick it in. Nothing I can do to stop it.

(I'm not moaning here guys, just answering someone's question with my experience, don't shoot me. Lots to love about the game.)

I'm not enjoying FIFA either. But come on, you know how long scripting has been a part of PES. It's not something they can patch out, it's something that runs deep. Even the most ardent PES fans will tell you this (EDIT: see above).

It's got a lot of great stuff and there's some brilliant option files out now, the game looks gorgeous with the right camera etc... But scripting is never going to go away!

I've got an ML save as Newcastle that, every time a new patch comes out, I go back to - because my next game is against Man United. Every time I play it, no matter my tactics/marking, United hit perfect chipped through-balls through the middle to Ibra, who will either smash it in, volley it in, or scissor-kick it in. Nothing I can do to stop it.

(I'm not moaning here guys, just answering someone's question with my experience, don't shoot me. Lots to love about the game.)

I agree with you Chris scripting is part and parcel of Pes and if you want to play the game you have to accept it and recognise it and just get on with it.

I know this is probably placebo but I felt the player switching was a tad bit better last night, for online. But that could be that the maintenance that was done made the online run better so the switching felt smoother, it wasn't perfect anyway.

Had a couple of great games as well last night. I have to go against whoever said there are no individuality in passing/shooting when using manual. I see loads of contextual based animations being done when using manual, and especially with better players. Had some lovely crosses from Banega using the outside of his foot for example that I haven't seen before. And a crisp finish from Muriel where he kind of leaned his body to the left and just tapped the ball with the outside of his right foot to nudge the ball under the towards him rushing goalkeeper.

Last edited:
I agree with you Chris scripting is part and parcel of Pes and if you want to play the game you have to accept it and recognise it and just get on with it.
It's how they force the "right results" (i.e. realistic ones). Without the constraints of that scripting, I think the devs fear that you'd get the same results against Man United as you would against West Brom (and team spirit doesn't help - my absolute favourite idea for a feature, but it's so overpowered that your team might as well be tied up at the legs if it's below average).

As you say, it's just "the way they do it", and you have to sign up to that if you're going to allow yourself to enjoy the game. If it was just a little milder, I don't think I'd have a problem with it (I don't expect to beat better teams after all, but I'd like to feel like it's 11 men versus 11 men)...

It's how they force the "right results" (i.e. realistic ones). Without the constraints of that scripting, I think the devs fear that you'd get the same results against Man United as you would against West Brom (and team spirit doesn't help - my absolute favourite idea for a feature, but it's so overpowered that your team might as well be tied up at the legs if it's below average).

As you say, it's just "the way they do it", and you have to sign up to that if you're going to allow yourself to enjoy the game. If it was just a little milder, I don't think I'd have a problem with it (I don't expect to beat better teams after all, but I'd like to feel like it's 11 men versus 11 men)...

Yeh and it's more profound in this years edition.

I know this is probably placebo but I felt the player switching was a tad bit better last night, for online. But that could be that the maintenance that was done made the online run better so the switching felt smoother, it wasn't perfect anyway.

Had a couple of great games as well last night. I have to go against whoever said there are no individuality in passing/shooting when using manual. I see loads of contextual based animations being done when using manual, and especially with better players. Had some lovely crosses from Banega using the outside of his foot for example that I haven't seen before. And a crisp finish from Muriel where he kind of leaned his body to the left and just tapped the ball with the outside of his right foot to nudge the ball under the towards him rushing goalkeeper.

There's some great football in this game no doubt.

Put the game aside until they fix it. Can't really play it, not because the game is not great, but because it's frustrating knowing i could have been playing a much better version of the game if only they were much more quick to fix issues that shouldn't even be ingame if they really tested the game before releasing it.

I also decided this is the last time i buy Pes at day one, it's simply not worth it. You spend two months after release waiting they will complete the game, meanwhile you already paid for it. Honestly don't want to give them the excuse of the "small development team". KONAMI is making a huge disservice to one of its historical IPs, they want to keep Pes alive because it still sells enough, but they just don't want to invest in it. Considering this i think it's better not support this practice.

I'm still playing and enjoying this game on occasion but i die a little bit more inside every time one of those inch perfect chipped through balls from the A.i happens.

I really hope this is adressed somewhat in the patch as it totally pulls me out of the game when it occurs. I don't want it removed completely as its part of football but it really needs toning down.

Back
Top Bottom