PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I read many messages from you from Beta time and then later on, the Demo. And you weren't happy back then.
Why would you buy a game that doesn't satisfy you even at Beta/Demo stages?.

Please don't make me play bad cop, I don't really feel like searching through the whole Forum to quote all your messages from those days to prove I'm right.
Again, how can I form an opinion of whether a game, as a package, is worth £40 by just playing a beta or demo?

The only way to form an opinion on whether a product is worth £40 is by buying it or lucky enough to get sent the full version for free by Konami.

And then I wouldn't have grounds to complain, because it would be free.

But I did buy it and I am entitled to an opinion on whether, as a package, it's worth 40 quid or not.

I don't agree with the price matter simply because it's subjective. Incomplete or not, playing Pes offline we get hundreds of hours of gameplay. So, would you really think that an awesome single player game with just few hours to be completed doesn't deserve to be sold at 60€?

I'm with you, Pes is short on content, but you can't be serious saying KONAMI should be selling it at half price, 30€ or 20£.

Wait for a lower price if yoy don't want to pay full price, meanwhile the game will be updated and when you will buy it will be more complete than it was at release date.
You could seriously play 100s of hours of PES 2018's single player?

You could seriously play 100s of hours of PES 2018's single player?

I do, with Pes 2017 i played about that, if you don't, next time be more careful before buying a game you are not sure about. Wait for consensus and updates.

60€ is the price you pay to buy the game at release, if you search you can already buy Pes 2018 for about 30£ instead of the 40£ preorders.

I read many messages from you from Beta time and then later on, the Demo. And you weren't happy back then.
Why would you buy a game that doesn't satisfy you even at Beta/Demo stages?.

Please don't make me play bad cop, I don't really feel like searching through the whole Forum to quote all your messages from those days to prove I'm right.

In guru's defence I found this post.

Thanks mate :)

I have gone from loving pes, to hating it, to loving FIFA, to hating that.

It's a strange year for football games.

Going to play a World Cup in PES today. How do I download latest data pack? Is it automatically downloaded via new patch?

Or do I need to apply live update?

I can totally understand this loving hating feeling. I have been wanting to love these games for years but find myself forcing myself to love them. Correct me if I'm wrong guru, but I'm sure you would much prefer to be on the forum loving both games and I'm guessing you like some bits about both but the bad bits are kind of game breakers.

I myself think they are both pretty poor, but decided, to avoid posting negative comments because I will probably get banned or something. I'm pleased that some love both games, but not for me I'm afraid. Although I may give them another go after a few patches.

In guru's defence I found this post.

I can totally understand this loving hating feeling. I have been wanting to love these games for years but find myself forcing myself to love them. Correct me if I'm wrong guru, but I'm sure you would much prefer to be on the forum loving both games and I'm guessing you like some bits about both but the bad bits are kind of game breakers.

I myself think they are both pretty poor, but decided, to avoid posting negative comments because I will probably get banned or something. I'm pleased that some love both games, but not for me I'm afraid. Although I may give them another go after a few patches.
Thanks for understanding what I mean. Of course I want to be here, dizzy with happiness over how good PES is again like it was in the PES 5 days, for example.

I dunno, maybe we're spoilt as gamers now and expect too much?

Maybe it's the internet. Back in the days people spend so much time just playing the game and now people spend much more time talking about the things that are not perfect instead of playing the game with all his problems. Sometimes i get the feeling that people go online after every 10 min game just to talk about the ping pong passing that happens in this 10 min game for the next 30 minutes.

You know, i can tell you millions things i would love to change in PES 2018. But still i find my way to have fun with this game and i'm sure that would not be possible if i would be talking about all the things that get on my nerves 20 times a day.

And just a thought. I could talk about a lot of really annoying things in the old games like PES 3 and 4 and so on. But back in the days people don't take it all so serious. They were laughing and crying the same time about Adriano's rocket shots. But it was not the end of the world. It was just something that was bad but we still found a way to have fun with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for understanding what I mean. Of course I want to be here, dizzy with happiness over how good PES is again like it was in the PES 5 days, for example.

Yep i think you are right. And me, like yourself, also spent £80 on these games to give them a go. I wish i had not. :(

Maybe it's the internet. Back in the days people spend so much time just playing the game an now people spend much more time talking about the things that are not perfect instead of playing the game with all his problems. Sometimes i get the feeling that people go online after every 10 min game just to talk about the ping pong passing that happens in this 10 min game for the next 30 minutes.

You know, i can tell you millions things i would love to change in PES 2018. But still i find my way to have fun with this game and i'm sure that would not be possible if i would be talking about all the things that get on my nerves 20 times a day.

And just a thought. I could talk about a lot of really annoying things in the old games like PES 3 and 4 and so on. But back in the days people don't take it all so serious. They were laughing and crying the same time about Adriano's rocket shots. But it was not the end of the world. It was just something that was bad but we still found a way to have fun with it.

great post mate. agree with you.

Yes Mr Garth Crooks, You hit the nail right on the head. It is a budget game and should be sold much cheaper than the full price, In terms of quality of product and content, compared to American sports games like NBA2K, NHL and MLB the Show they put todays current soccer games to shame.

I agree but if ea and konami only had a single competition and 30 teams to worry about they'd probably do a hell of a lot better as well.

Yes Mr Garth Crooks, You hit the nail right on the head. It is a budget game and should be sold much cheaper than the full price, In terms of quality of product and content, compared to American sports games like NBA2K, NHL and MLB the Show they put todays current soccer games to shame.
Funny thing is that NHL has been horrible for years,that game doesn't reflect hockey at all,they haven't been able to make the CPU dump and chase in years,and this years 2k is a joke,first game since -10 that's truly awful
Off topic sorry.

It's so obvious the game is never completed in time for its September release, why don't they decide once and for all to release the game in November.

Looking at the news it seems like November is the month we will have the Pes we should have had at launch (more stadiums, more faces,gameplay fixes).

Just checked that Ps2 Pes were always released at the end of October, why not return to that release time?

Or, if they don't want to lose the opportunity to have two weeks advantage until Fifa releases they have to increase their dev numbers to make things faster.

Trouble is about three years ago the game came out on Nov 13th....and was still half finished. The transfers for that summer still hadn’t been done.

Trouble is about three years ago the game came out on Nov 13th....and was still half finished. The transfers for that summer still hadn’t been done.

Just checked, transfers were updated on day one, but some teams came later in December.
So, i really think it's an issue of dev numbers, they really are so low on number they can't complete the game even months after release. I think we will never see the return of Pes until they really invest much more than now in development. They cannot continue this way. It's 2017.

I agree with everyone saying Pes is a budget game, it really is, and i really would like them to make promotions, or lower prices to make people buy more copies, i'm just saying we can't say the game is not worth full price, because entertainment value is subjective.

what a load of shite !! it wouldn't let me switch to my player in time and i end up conceding a goal because of it. game is completely broken until they patch this!

Just my opinion but I think that was Your bad choice switching.The attacker made a run & you were late switching to LB, ( You switched a bit late & he was nearly through you), then switched to CB too early ready to intercept,but quickly switched to LB again who by now was beaten by the attacker & defence could not recover.

So are injuries actually in the game?

Anyone got any video? Do the players get stretchered out or bandaged?

I have played online mostly because i refuse to start a ML before every team is correct in my game, but even online i've seen injuries, the animation is better than 2017 but the there is no stretcher (probably because those were minor injuries, to which the player returned after a couple of minutes).

as it is online, i cannot see if they remain injured or they recover magically as it would happen in a league/cup/ML

Out of curiosity, as I don't have Twitter so I can't ask myself... Maybe someone has already got the answer from Adam: will Paris FC be added via DP2 (I sincerely hope so) or are we going to stay a full year with a non-real (yet licensed) Ligue 2?

Out of curiosity, as I don't have Twitter so I can't ask myself... Maybe someone has already got the answer from Adam: will Paris FC be added via DP2 (I sincerely hope so) or are we going to stay a full year with a non-real (yet licensed) Ligue 2?
I always thought L2 were fully licensed and correct,is that the only team that is faulty?

I always thought L2 were fully licensed and correct,is that the only team that is faulty?
As far as I know, they're the only missing team. They were called up from National (3rd tier) to replace Bastia who went balls up during the summer and will start again from National 3 (5th tier).

Back
Top Bottom