PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Right, I'm sorry but major rant coming right up, and i aint holding back.

I am SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF KONAMI.

I hadn't played this game in a few weeks, but what I did play i really enjoyed. I had updated the game with the latest strips, had a few memorable matches, of course the game isn't perfect but what was there was enjoyable apart from a few well known downsides that i won't go into again.

Fast forward to yesterday morning, and i fire up the old girl and there we go, an update patch. Couldn't find any information on line other than the fact it was really a data pack, so i downloaded and implemented it.

What the actually f**k.

NO ONE, not one person can tell me this game hasn't been patched. Its a pale imitation of what it was before it. I was playing it for hours yesterday and i couldn't put my finger on it, it just felt off. But people were saying it wasn't patched? Well it fucking was.

Its become easier and its been toned down in speed and thus less enjoyable. The aggression has gone and along with it any urgency in the games. I only play 10 minute games as time is limited and i play on normal speed. I enjoy it when the cpu makes it difficult to fashion chances and score and i felt Pes had it just right. But not now. I have won nearly every game at a canter. The CPU just backs off and gives you even more space than it did initially. Every shot the keeper Parries flies out at 100mph like a rocket. The CPU variation in attack has gone because of the toned down aggression.

I played this for 5 hours straight yesterday, trying stuff, changing difficult levels, it all felt off.

Well i finally had enough this evening after playing the most boring game ever. Shit goals, boring bland patterns of gameplay. They definitely have changed stuff because i played as Barca versus some lower spanish side and all they did was tippy tappy it around the back and hardly attacked. Meanwhile i scored on my first two attacks.

So i rolled back to version 1.0. But heres the rub. I lost all my edits of course, but disconnecting from the internet so it doesn't redownload leaves me not able to implement my option file again without online connection. So i connect and pause the update.

BUT OH FUCKING NO YOU STILL CANT ADD IMAGES AND KITS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE GAME TO THE LATEST VERSION. F**K OFF!

So anyway, regardless, i played a few games, first one is Spal vs Milan, and the game is responsive, sharper, theres aggression and fighting for the ball. The keepers are parrying but not parrying them at 100mph out to the wings and they look realistic and normal. i have to fight for chances, Pes is back again. Animation variation is kicking in again because the aggression isn't like a limp lettuce and people are duelling in the air for headers again.

I am sick to death of konami, sick to death. They release patches and don't divulge whats in them, and there was something in this, it wasn't just removing Neymar from the title screen, they tweaked the gameplay but as usual didn't tell fucking anyone and now I'm stuck with a game i can't update and play premier league or play as Juventus until it gets yet another patch.

majorly pissed.

Last edited:
This is the issue - PES is great for the odd match. But it's very boring to play long haul.

Master League is already tiring me out. Too many similar goals.

Build up play is still lovely though.

How are you finding the gameplay in Fifa Guru? Do you feel it's better? Getting different reports about it.

I play it PA 1. Never liked to play on manual. There is no stat in it.

One could argue that there is no stat in PA 1 now either...;)

Seriously though, the gap between manual and PA 1 is way to steep, and it's mind-boggling that there is even more PA- settings.

I tested something yesterday in Online div. I went back to PA 1 and picked Chievo, a lesser team but not the worst. What I found was that I could easily pass my way out of my own half and about half of my opponents half before they stopped me, and by "pass" I mean blindly mashing X. It's almost like the "stats" come in to play in the final third of the pitch, before that it's just WAY to easy to go through the midfield.

I then picked Real Madrid and did the same, the only difference I found was that the passing through my own half and half of my opponents was that is was faster to perform, I got there quicker, but the precision was the same. And then in the final third I had way more accuracy with Real than Chievo (which is normal, it should be like that but as of now (passing)- stats only matter in the final third). So in the end we have a game of Handball where the midfield in many ways is obsolete.

When there is a pass that goes wrong when using PA 1 (and above I would imagine) it's (almost) never a stray pass, someone over hitting it or using to little power in the pass. It's always your opponent that come in the way of the pass. So making bad passes isn't really because you did something wrong or your players stats are to low to perform that certain pass, it's because your opponent has their player in the right area of the pass at the right time. Both this things should be happening, cos, you know, it does in football...

Last edited:
It's so obvious the game is never completed in time for its September release, why don't they decide once and for all to release the game in November.

Looking at the news it seems like November is the month we will have the Pes we should have had at launch (more stadiums, more faces,gameplay fixes).

Just checked that Ps2 Pes were always released at the end of October, why not return to that release time?

Or, if they don't want to lose the opportunity to have two weeks advantage until Fifa releases they have to increase their dev numbers to make things faster.

It's so obvious the game is never completed in time for its September release, why don't they decide once and for all to release the game in November.

Looking at the news it seems like November is the month we will have the Pes we should have had at launch (more stadiums, more faces,gameplay fixes).

Just checked that Ps2 Pes were always released at the end of October, why not return to that release time?

Or, if they don't want to lose the opportunity to have two weeks advantage until Fifa releases they have to increase their dev numbers to make things faster.
Good post, I said exactly the same thing a few weeks ago.

It doesn't seem like many games are really "complete" when they release anymore.

Yeah, but compared to Fifa because of launch omissions it feels like it's even more incomplete, besides the obvious lack of licensed teams.
Fifa releases as a complete game, it's honestly one of the better developed EA games.

Spot on.

It's not Konami/PES. It's the times we live in. Half baked shit.
Not completely true. The state of release day PES compared to other games is quite shocking. How many years of us moaning about transfers not being up to date on Day One take?

They shouldn't charge full price for PES either. It feels like a £20 game to me. There simply isn't enough content. Online is a shambles too. I have to wait for the game to 'check connection' whenever I fart. It's a joke.

this is what kills the game for me. 4-3 down in last min play a through ball intended for poulsen but if i could have switched to my player nearest the ball i could have had a chance to shoot on goal but the game wouldn't let me !!!

This is a game breaking issue for me actually, Scripting is acceptable in games but not by disabling the user's basic controls to create difficulty!!

Great video

Not completely true. The state of release day PES compared to other games is quite shocking. How many years of us moaning about transfers not being up to date on Day One take?

They shouldn't charge full price for PES either. It feels like a £20 game to me. There simply isn't enough content. Online is a shambles too. I have to wait for the game to 'check connection' whenever I fart. It's a joke.

Yet you are always here. Rather masochistic of you, isn't it?.

Yet you are always here. Rather masochistic of you, isn't it?.
Having an opinion of something that I spent £40 on is masochistic?

I've been playing Forza 7 all day so I don't quite understand your point.

You're not concerned that Konami continually charge us full price for a semi finished game every year then?

There seems to be a "if you don't like it, shut up about it" theme going on around here. We can't debate the negatives of the game or franchise in fear of upsetting people who simply want to hear "PES is great, no issues here!"

Talk about heads in the sand.

No. Spending £40 on something you don't fully like, is.
But how would I play the game without buying it first?!

Blockbuster and Lovefilm are now defunct in the U.K.

Have you ever bought a video game and been unhappy with many aspects of it and want to see change in the future?

Again, I don't understand your stance on me being 'masochistic'.

So are injuries actually in the game?

Anyone got any video? Do the players get stretchered out or bandaged?
I haven't had one injury in three different ML campaigns, although admittedly I haven't managed to finish a season on any save yet.

But injuries don't happen as far as I can tell.

No doubt someone will tell me that if I play Manual I'll get more injuries or something :LOL:

But how would I play the game without buying it first?!

Blockbuster and Lovefilm are now defunct in the U.K.

Have you ever bought a video game and been unhappy with many aspects of it and want to see change in the future?

Again, I don't understand your stance on me being 'masochistic'.

I read many messages from you from Beta time and then later on, the Demo. And you weren't happy back then.
Why would you buy a game that doesn't satisfy you even at Beta/Demo stages?.

Please don't make me play bad cop, I don't really feel like searching through the whole Forum to quote all your messages from those days to prove I'm right.

Thanks for the reaction.
I play with conservative tackling, last year i noticed that my defenders were all over the place if i used agressive tackling.

I don't play with pressing.

Will check out if they have extra frontman, but i doubt it...
I have noticed this as well and it drives me insane. It's a he script that kicks in to help the AI out. I agressively pull back when the AI has the ball.

I wish they would make these less obvious there are times that the AI scores and even if I had a 100 chances to try and stop them it would happen. The one touch perfect passing needs to go.

Is it not possible to program a better more intelligent ai? Or can Konami not hide the scripting better?

I know people who can fix this actually see this issue but choose not to do anything about it. I can't beat superstar and tbh won't bother trying. It's an insult to my intelligence to keep trying :D

I dread to think what legendary difficulty is like.

Last edited:

Yes Mr Garth Crooks, You hit the nail right on the head. It is a budget game and should be sold much cheaper than the full price, In terms of quality of product and content, compared to American sports games like NBA2K, NHL and MLB the Show they put todays current soccer games to shame.

I don't agree with the price matter simply because it's subjective. Incomplete or not, playing Pes offline we get hundreds of hours of gameplay. So, would you really think that an awesome single player game with just few hours to be completed doesn't deserve to be sold at 60€?

I'm with you, Pes is short on content, but you can't be serious saying KONAMI should be selling it at half price, 30€ or 20£.

Wait for a lower price if yoy don't want to pay full price, meanwhile the game will be updated and when you will buy it will be more complete than it was at release date.

Back
Top Bottom