PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I will start a ML with the crappy default ML players and build a dynasty!

Classic all the way. Can't be sacked then, I need time on my side.

Will my transfer kitty be increased every season if I do well?

You will have fuckall money the first season but you will get more the next season but you might have to sell a a few guys to bring in money. . when I say fuckall I mean 3m or so depends on the club.

I will start a ML with the crappy default ML players and build a dynasty!

Classic all the way. Can't be sacked then, I need time on my side.

Will my transfer kitty be increased every season if I do well?
You'll get more money if you succeed,not sure on 18,since I've only a season in,but it should

I was wrong about the lack of patch but I don't see a difference in the player switching and player awareness.

Let’s make a poll to fix the online issues like latency, unresponsive players and poor player switch.
i'm agree about this , but they already know that, i wanna point to the foolish free market, with more than 2000 players , really on free market what kind of experience could we have on ML?
reallY you need totti ?

Last edited:
I have worked out why I was struggling to beat any opposition in Superstar.

Without blowing my own trumpet, I am quite good at football games. But I just couldn't test the CPU in this and it was making me dislike the game.

It was because of my damn camera settings! I always zoom camera fully out and also have it heighest it will go.

This morning I switched to Zoom 5, Height 5 and the game comes to life! I am now taking on defenders and weaving some sexy moves because everything is far more responsive because I am closer to the action!

Just thumped Brest 4-0 with PSG. They didn't get near me all game. In Superstar!

Shit guys I still havent noticed the player switching issue. I know i am a pes fan but this is ridiculous. My glasses can't be that rose tinted.

Is it not a setting perhaps? I am using semi assisted with the new cursor and tend to switch player with the right stick.

In other non surprising news superstar difficulty is a joke. The perfect passing and pep barca style play with Benfica by the com is vomit inducing. Do the development team not see this or is this the only way to challenge human players?

Shit guys I still havent noticed the player switching issue. I know i am a pes fan but this is ridiculous. My glasses can't be that rose tinted.

Is it not a setting perhaps? I am using semi assisted with the new cursor and tend to switch player with the right stick.

Unless it's because you are using the new cursor thingy and we are having problems because it's designed to play with the new cursor which most of us are not using.

I've been using it since a week in of release,has issues ,but I prefer that one because of defending,gets easier to do it,send players,cover runs etc.
I bet it's there for a reason

After patch the game became easier. A lot easier! I win by 3 goals to nill on my first match. Then I check if it really was on Superstar. It slower too and the cpu pressure is decreased. Dont now if its good. I just wanted to cpu passing and shooting rate was decreased.

I'm having a hard time enjoying ML right now,not because of any gameplay issues.
It's just dull,on 17 I knew my players and their strengths,on 18 I dont think I can remember more than 5-6 by name.
Really strange,can't put my finger on what's missing

I'm having a hard time enjoying ML right now,not because of any gameplay issues.
It's just dull,on 17 I knew my players and their strengths,on 18 I dont think I can remember more than 5-6 by name.
Really strange,can't put my finger on what's missing
Yeah I feel the same rock, individuality was more pronounced in 17, 18 is a bit of a mess atm, hopefully this patch sorts that out back to playing 17 still loving that despite its faults

Yeah I feel the same rock, individuality was more pronounced in 17, 18 is a bit of a mess atm, hopefully this patch sorts that out back to playing 17 still loving that despite its faults
Like/love the gameplay to Jimi,and,yes 17 had more,"engaging" moments to it.
If gameplay gets sorted,we still have a bit of a snooze when it comes to the career.
A bit and a miss this year.
Maybe I need to play it more and get more involved with transfers etc?

70%. Now Im waiting to Liga Santander 1 2 3, second Bundesliga and than i will have 100% licensed game. Im waiting for EDIT FILE 2.0 by Cristiano.

Thank you. Me too. I will not have Bundesliga 2 though, so maybe im only missing La Liga 2?

Which files do you have besides Cristianos?

Regarding player switching, most of the time I have a player in the right position to potentially intercept but more often than not, said player just isn't aware that the ball is there. It's as if the player is oblivious until the cursor finally switches (2/3 attempts later) and then the light bulb moment happens, the player wakes up and then does something silly like automatically run forward, regardless of where the ball is.

Last edited:
Regarding player switching, most of the time I have a player in the right position to potentially affect intercept but more often than not, said player just isn't aware that the ball is there. It's as if the player is oblivious until the cursor finally switches (2/3 attempts later) and then the light bulb moment happens, the player wakes up and then does something silly like automatically run forward, regardless of where the ball is.
True. A few times I think come on man that was right next to you. Happens with iniesta a few times in particular

I thought they working on player switching. I am meaning more around player responsiveness even when I am controlling the player.

I find that a problem as well it always feels that the ball is running away from you. .if thats what you mean .. not sure if you mean that Zee.

I find that a problem as well it always feels that the ball is running away from you. .if thats what you mean .. not sure if you mean that Zee.
No I mean when you defending and the ball goes passed you and the player doesn't try to intercept.

If you referring to the ball carrier losing the ball. I love that bit infact you can do it by dribbling with R2 then pres R1 and flick the ball away. Works great against a pressure defender.

No I mean when you defending and the ball goes passed you and the player doesn't try to intercept.

If you referring to the ball carrier losing the ball. I love that bit infact you can do it by dribbling with R2 then pres R1 and flick the ball away. Works great against a pressure defender.

Oh I know what you mean . .but it works both ways... holding the ball or intercepting a ball seems to be the main gripe as in you can't get your player to recognize whats happening when the ball is near him . .I actually enjoy the fact that you can't hold the ball and dribble the whole pitch as well .. I think a lot of it is down to scripting . .I've had matches where nearly every pass to a team mate won't have a reaction from the receiver and I feel like beating Konami over the head with a rubber mallet. .can be very frustrating . . hopefully a patch can rectify it.

Back
Top Bottom