PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I can't say I feel any difference in player switching when I play online (which is a major problem online for defending and you play all these Madrid/Barca- kids), still poor.

So had a few quick matches during my lunch (lol) just to try PA 1 out online again and it's still heavily assisted so that hasn't change anyway (probably won't either since it's a choice by Konami I believe).

Last edited:
Gameplay hasn't changed at all for me after patch. Still no fouls, lots of CPU through balls in air.

Still a very enjoyable game though if not taken too seriously. Perfect to dip into for a quick match now and again.

Had three games and i am totally sure that it's quite different than pre-patch.
I got more fouls and i didn't noticed many air through-balls. CPU passes completion was 85%-75%.
For the record, i play top player and zero Passing assistance.

ps. i will upload videos with highlights later

Last edited:
LOL this is crazy shit...some people saying they see changes, some not...im definitely seeing some changes. First of all there WAS A PATCH. In my notifications via ps4 menu, it shows that ive downloaded a pes18 update 1.02 which is the patch, and also that ive downloaded the datapack 1, ie. 2 seperate notifications. In game im getting way more interceptions vs cpu post patch and im contributing this to a quicker response in player switching and a kinda looser feel to how the cpu passes the ball around. In regards to fouls...kinda weird for me. Post patch, in my first 2 games i got 7 in total...i was convinced there was a change considering that was more than i got in 40+ pre patch games...but after having another 5+ games post patch, i only got about 5 fouls in total...about 1 a game. Weird...not sure what to make of it...seems the first 2 games' increased foul count was just a lucky coincidence...

Whats interesting is the fact that Adam B hasnt mentioned or spoken about this new patch, instead continuing to mention the up n coming patch which is supposed to work on increased foul count as well as player switching....
Anyways, will be interesting to hear more feedback regarding the new patch.Back to playing some more...really enjoying the game.

I'll take a look. Last year we ran into the same placebo comments, but it was remarkably faster and more direct from the CPU AI no matter what. It's hard to imagine there are no collateral changes as there is so much under the hood to get players going from point A to point B.

I'll take a look. Last year we ran into the same placebo comments, but it was remarkably faster and more direct from the CPU AI no matter what. It's hard to imagine there are no collateral changes as there is so much under the hood to get players going from point A to point B.
If you haven't installed the patch yet,look at fatigue pre and post patch.
Haven't seen that much difference my last 4-5 games,but first game,all my players were empty,I have a video a few pages back on out.
Neverending seen that before

servers are back to crap, for a few days the game played very well online, felt like offline, responsive, quick and able to control the players very well, now we're back to ice skating, slow reaction and bad player movement. Whats the deal with Konami?

Cannot agree regarding the server issues.

Played over 100 matches, only 1 with noticeable lag. Just had one match today. Smooth as butter.

i wonder if the Euro servers are better than the ones they have for the Americas, I don't know their set up but I see your response and no one complaining here, mostly I assume in Europe, but on PES Gaming which I think has more US based players they have my issue. It's not really lag, its more latency issues with player movement, reaction.

I have to say Pes 18 is much harder than Pes 17 which I loved. .manual shooting is so hard, most shots either go straight to the keeper or just wide . .just adds to the realism for me. . .switched to 3-5-2 for a few days and the matches were amazing. . when the script favours you slightly it allows for lovely build up play, the thing is that when the script does favour you it's still up to you to take advantage .. I know that the purists prefer the slow build up . .pass back and sideways to simulate real football but sometimes the end to end matches are breathtaking .. skipping by a tackle in midfield and mixing a few passes with a killer through pass only to see the ball trickle past the wrong side of the post. .. keeps you coming back for more with the intention of "I won't make that mistake again" great stuff.

I have to say Pes 18 is much harder than Pes 17 which I loved. .manual shooting is so hard, most shots either go straight to the keeper or just wide . .just adds to the realism for me. . .switched to 3-5-2 for a few days and the matches were amazing. . when the script favours you slightly it allows for lovely build up play, the thing is that when the script does favour you it's still up to you to take advantage .. I know that the purists prefer the slow build up . .pass back and sideways to simulate real football but sometimes the end to end matches are breathtaking .. skipping by a tackle in midfield and mixing a few passes with a killer through pass only to see the ball trickle past the wrong side of the post. .. keeps you coming back for more with the intention of "I won't make that mistake again" great stuff.
I love 3-4-3 with wing backs activated. Finally my favourite formation gets some love again because it can kill 4-3-3 that everyone seems to use.

I love 3-4-3 with wing backs activated. Finally my favourite formation gets some love again because it can kill 4-3-3 that everyone seems to use.

I always mix it up Zee . .you can get a feel after a few mins of a match if your tactics are ineffective .. very realistic, the same when using certain players in positions sometimes you need to take a risk and bring on that new inexperienced guy.

PES 2018 is a far better and more difficult game than PES 2017.

When I play PES 2018, it makes me remember how good PES was back in the day. It flows so beautifully well, it FEELS like real football at times.

PES 2018 is a far better and more difficult game than PES 2017.

When I play PES 2018, it makes me remember how good PES was back in the day. It flows so beautifully well, it FEELS like real football at times.

Sorry guru83, what credibility do You expect to have here? Seriously.?
In the space of LESS than a week You posted "I am finally done with PES as a series.", gone over to FIFA, loved that then hated it,then posted "I am going to sell this game tomorrow", then come back to PES thread.

Why not bundle PES with FIFA & sell both, it would solve Your dilemma. :LMAO:

Sorry guru83, what credibility do You expect to have here? Seriously.?
In the space of LESS than a week You posted "I am finally done with PES as a series.", gone over to FIFA, loved that then hated it,then posted "I am going to sell this game tomorrow", then come back to PES thread.

Why not bundle PES with FIFA & sell both, it would solve Your dilemma. :LMAO:
Opinions chop and change the longer I spend with a football game. I see why you're sceptical though.

I am first to admit that I get over excited when first playing a game. I can't stop going back to PES 2018, where as FIFA is already boring. I will sell FIFA 18 tomorrow, where as I can't part with PES 2018 because it's so god damn addictive where it counts - on the pitch.

The issues with PES are still there. I stick to my opinion with that. Master League is scripted, shallow and broken. Online is a mess. MyClub is a mode that will please the kiddies and people who crave fantasy football.

But this game, in cup modes or exhibition games, is the best football game on the market.

Opinions chop and change the longer I spend with a football game. I see why you're sceptical though.

I am first to admit that I get over excited when first playing a game. I can't stop going back to PES 2018, where as FIFA is already boring. I will sell FIFA 18 tomorrow, where as I can't part with PES 2018 because it's so god damn addictive where it counts - on the pitch.

The issues with PES are still there. I stick to my opinion with that. Master League is scripted, shallow and broken. Online is a mess. But this game, in cup modes or exhibition games, is the best football game on the market.

I wouldn't say that ML is broken Guru.. it's very scripted and difficult this year.. most people don't have the patience to go through 3 or 4 seasons before it picks up . .I do . . but most want instant success . .nothing wrong with that ..I like to build a team in Serie b and buy players with potential .. it's not for everybody to play it that way but I get huge enjoyment out of a slow progress to success . . in saying that I never win anything lol.

I wouldn't say that ML is broken Guru.. it's very scripted and difficult this year.. most people don't have the patience to go through 3 or 4 seasons before it picks up . .I do . . but most want instant success . .nothing wrong with that ..I like to build a team in Serie b and buy players with potential .. it's not for everybody to play it that way but I get huge enjoyment out of a slow progress to success . . in saying that I never win anything lol.
You're right, I am impatient and I do need to stick with it.

I take it you turn challenge Mode off? That's the thing. I want it on, for the realistic transfers etc. But I don't want to be sacked!

:LOL:

You're right, I am impatient and I do need to stick with it.

I take it you turn challenge Mode off? That's the thing. I want it on, for the realistic transfers etc. But I don't want to be sacked!

:LOL:

Challenge is unrealistic and too hard Guru especially when you're playing on manual with a weak side.

Challenge is unrealistic and too hard Guru especially when you're playing on manual with a weak side.
I need to play in Classic then.

I still don't know what difference Challenge offers - some claim it's harder to sign a player but I don't see it? It just seems like you can be sacked and that's about it.

I will start a ML campaign tomorrow the old skool way I think! If I choose Inter but with 'fake' players to begin, will I start in Serie B like the good old days?

I've switched over to Lego.
Non scripted,no placebo patches etc.
Great fun lads!
On a serious note,going from in my mind (not comparing here mods) a very good FIFA,my Pes gaming right now feels so fresh,pace and weight of this game is unmatched,again,not comparing here.
But I got stunned how good,faults and all,and real it feels.

I need to play in Classic then.

I still don't know what difference Challenge offers - some claim it's harder to sign a player but I don't see it? It just seems like you can be sacked and that's about it.

I will start a ML campaign tomorrow the old skool way I think! If I choose Inter but with 'fake' players to begin, will I start in Serie B like the good old days?

I'm playing classic and doing shite at the moment . .get the odd good result ..but the boss is on me arse every 5 mins threatening me . .did he never hear of scripting?

Also,starting a second ML,with a bottom team in Serie A (Hellas Verona) and having a Team spirit of 49-55 starting my campaign is truly a test.
Always played Milan/Lazio/Torino,this is something else.
Even when my TS is higher,my players are still rubbish,and fight for survival is at hand.
Really great fun

I've switched over to Lego.
Non scripted,no placebo patches etc.
Great fun lads!
On a serious note,going from in my mind (not comparing here mods) a very good FIFA,my Pes gaming right now feels so fresh,pace and weight of this game is unmatched,again,not comparing here.
But I got stunned how good,faults and all,and real it feels.
Lego?

I will start a ML with the crappy default ML players and build a dynasty!

Classic all the way. Can't be sacked then, I need time on my side.

Will my transfer kitty be increased every season if I do well?

Back
Top Bottom