PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Updated Serie A kits looks pretty pretty good.
Downside,my Stunning Torino kits now have the ugly Suzuki logo on it.
Merda!

just to know, do you have always totti (and other retired players) in your game? (check in edit mode on free transfers please)

What made Pes and the old Winning Eleven great in the years were never licenses, in fact competing on that side with EA at the moment would take the kind of money that I think Konami can't or certainly don't want to put out.

If the resources are this scarce I think it's already a miracle that Pes 2018 is what it is (a title with an excellent heart), however if there truly were more money I think they should focus on increasing customization and most of all on having a team of persons actively tweaking gameplay and solving bugs. "Months" for a fouls patch is already a joke if your primary focus is gameplay.
Forget what was in the past. Time was changed. Without money they cant compete with FIFA in particular in Europe. If they dont put more money to resources the situation in sells in Europe will be 15:1. Sorry

Only played 2 matches post patch, but I feel that the AI passing % has lowered significantly.

Not patch related but a funny thing happened when celebrating a goal with Firmino in a rainy match, I made a swift direction change to run up to the ball and kick it back into the net (I really like that one) and he slipped and fell on his ass. Neat.

Played a ML game on manual.
Player switching is better,but not as good as on PA1.
Still,very reawarding to have similar pass % as the cpu when on manual.
74-79 which is very good
To bad my manual is shit right now though:)
Also had a few free kicks from non sliding tackles,which is nice
Much better game play post patch

Just got home and installed the patch. First game against Everton i conceded 2 carbon copy chipped through ball goals (vs the A.i) that were impossible to defend so no changes on that front. I switched it off straight away after that.
Currently have very little urge to play this game until this aspect is at the very least toned down in future updates.

Last edited:
I have played PES2018 every day for 3 weeks, and again for 2 hours today after updating. Data Pack 1 installed boots and balls, made a few other cosmetic changes, changed a few menus and cutscenes in a few game modes, and nothing else.

I have played PES2018 every day for 3 weeks, and again for 2 hours today after updating. Data Pack 1 installed boots and balls, made a few other cosmetic changes, changed a few menus and cutscenes in a few game modes, and nothing else.
So no lowered pass %?
And no fixed cursors?
Funny that

So no lowered pass %?
And no fixed cursors?
Funny that

No lowered pass %
No fixed cursors.
No fouls.
No subtly different shooting mechanics.
No subtly altered PA zones.
No changed positioning of AI teammates and/or opponents.
No anything else that you or any other believer can mention.
No nothing.
PES2018 is the same today as it was yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and will be until an actual gameplay patch is released.

Rockstrongo and Keith Houchen, very contradictory opinions..
But we have a fact..... it is the video that illustrates more fouls committed by CPU,
so i go with Rockstrongo opinion until i test it tonight !

No lowered pass %
No fixed cursors.
No fouls.
No subtly different shooting mechanics.
No subtly altered PA zones.
No changed positioning of AI teammates and/or opponents.
No anything else that you or any other believer can mention.
No nothing.
PES2018 is the same today as it was yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and will be until an actual gameplay patch is released.
"Believer"
So here we go again,funny most others have mention it has changed.
So fucking boring ,change the record ffs

Here we go again with those placeboboys :D :D Bhatti knows about the issues the game has, he said theyre working on it and he said that this patch does nothing to gameplay. If he knows abou the issues, for what kind of reason would he hide that they were fixed with this patch? :D Come on guys wake up.
Played for two hours and the game is absolutely the same as it was yesterday. Defense is still non existent, players still ignoring the bally, players still running through players etc. Thats just the way it is. Live with it and hope a REAL GAMEPLAY patch will fix it.

Here we go again with those placeboboys :D :D Bhatti knows about the issues the game has, he said theyre working on it and he said that this patch does nothing to gameplay. If he knows abou the issues, for what kind of reason would he hide that they were fixed with this patch? :D Come on guys wake up.
Played for two hours and the game is absolutely the same as it was yesterday. Defense is still non existent, players still ignoring the bally, players still running through players etc. Thats just the way it is. Live with it and hope a REAL GAMEPLAY patch will fix it.
See my video,or read patch notes before stating stuff
It says gameplay changes to all modes

And I get that,but why does the patch notes say that gameplay adjustments has been made on all mod s?
That bit about "minor adjustments" is there at the end of every PES update's changelog for the past 2-3 years. I mean literally every one, as far as I know! A quick Google brought up this example:

QNWySrx.png

Not that I'm saying they haven't changed anything, it sounds like your video shows something has changed (I'm at work so can't watch it yet, but I'll be giving the patch a go tonight, looking forward to it).

They're a pain in the arse though, honestly, with how vague they are. It makes me think they do it on purpose to make us think they've done more than they have.

That bit about "minor adjustments" is there at the end of every PES update's changelog for the past 2-3 years. I mean literally every one, as far as I know! A quick Google brought up this example:

QNWySrx.png

Not that I'm saying they haven't changed anything, it sounds like your video shows something has changed (I'm at work so can't watch it yet, but I'll be giving the patch a go tonight, looking forward to it).
Yeah please do Chris,haven't experienced massive change either,but some tweaks,deffo
Try looking at pass percentage,I've only had two games,but cpu haven't gone over 80% in any of those.
Yes they should be much more direct and clear on what's changed
Would save a lot of grief in here for starters...

Yeah please do Chris,haven't experienced massive change either,but some tweaks,deffo
Try looking at pass percentage,I've only had two games,but cpu haven't gone over 80% in any of those.
I stopped playing when I came up against Man United in the league, it was an absolute waste of time and just frustrated me with how perfect and direct they were. Super-super accurate passing, constant through-balls - and don't get me wrong, I want them to beat me, they're a better team than me (Newcastle), but it's all so perfect and laser-guided and robotic, nothing close to reality IMO.

So it's the absolute perfect game to test out a new update with! :D

I stopped playing when I came up against Man United in the league, it was an absolute waste of time and just frustrated me with how perfect and direct they were. Super-super accurate passing, constant through-balls - and don't get me wrong, I want them to beat me, they're a better team than me (Newcastle), but it's all so perfect and laser-guided and robotic, nothing close to reality IMO.

So it's the absolute perfect game to test out a new update with! :D
Ha ha,yeah it'll be a test,I'm way to rusty playing Pes right now,I've been on FIFA for a week,but I appreciate the calmer pace and slower action,I'm on -1 game speed,helps a lot,plus manual passing,which I've lost after a week of playing super assisted

Tested the new patch playing online,manual passing. No improvements whatsoever to cursor switch and fouls still too low.
For me it plays exactly the same. Still waiting for the real gameplay patch.

Cursor switch in particular is definitely not fixed, in many occasions system selected a far player instead of the nearest. I can easily test this thanks to the new kick off. 50% of times it selected the wrong player when i made the first backward pass.

Back
Top Bottom