PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Less varied and less useful. I will explaing myself: Timo Werner is making a run through 2 defenders, and Ceballos want to pass him the ball. With PA0, the pass will be in a straight line, while on PA1, Ceballos will introduce swerve, curve, I don't know the English word, so the ball goes first to the right of the defender, and then to the left. That's imposible to make on PA0 :/... I tested it yesterday. The game plays much better for me.
%100
Agree with what your saying. Try using a ok team like Lyon and you never ever seen certain animations or swerve on manual.

No one of manual or PA 1 is perfect and you lose something regardless of which of them you choose (imo).

This. It's something like real life: if you do X, you lose something, and if you do Y, you lose another thing. But this is a game, not real life, so we should have both things: full animation pack AND control of the pitch. I think the only way today of doing so is playing PA1 + Adv. Shooting AND using the Manual button.

I think the only way today of doing so is playing PA1 + Adv. Shooting AND using the Manual button.

I’m sure I would play this way if I was a offline player but PA1 is just to assisted when you go online. I’m glad we found ways to enjoy the game though! :) And I’m gonna give adv shooting another try.

on 3vs3 how do I play with edited teams? I get on there and get paired up against teams that have Ronaldo, Messi, Maradona etc... but my team is just always the standard online roster.

So many feedback threads,sub forums,polls,posts, Yet we end up with a face and tatoo update!

How can we get the message across that gameplay should be the priority really, And why is feedback only acceptable after the game is out and the lies are exposed?

Even online is affected by these gameplay issues, Why can't Konami just address it and get it over with instead of alienating more fans.

Mind boggling!

Wowowowo... Wait a minute.
Something just hit me.

Do you guys remember last year around this time, how everyone started saying that imported kits made the game faster and unplayable?.

We, PES fans, are truly one of a kind.
Did you try playing pes without imported kits if this is true Chuny?

So many feedback threads,sub forums,polls,posts, Yet we end up with a face and tatoo update!

How can we get the message across that gameplay should be the priority really, And why is feedback only acceptable after the game is out and the lies are exposed?

Even online is affected by these gameplay issues, Why can't Konami just address it and get it over with instead of alienating more fans.

Mind boggling!

In the simplest terms, the present threads are a shitpit mess full of posts that say Konami tells lies and other such well thought out conspiracy theory posts that come round time after time after time.
If You were Konami would You even look in here?
SO, its a chance in a very structured way, that PROPER feedback can be made and collated & encourage the right people to look in.
A chance to be taken seriously.

Mind boggling!
Because this data pack is a visual update, something the art department did. While what you are looking for is programmers work, get it?

Data Pack 1 eh?

Is it worth appealing to the people who always say 'the game feels different since the update' not to run with that ball this time? Such a waste of time. The placebo-patch people always perceive positive gameplay changes (that were already there) and let Konami off various hooks that Konami need to be kept on until an actual gameplay patch appears.

Maybe they could get their own thread? A separate thread for people who think that data packs change gameplay, even though they don't. Call the thread 'I Know It Sounds Crazy But You Gotta Believe Me'.

Yeah gameplay patches taking longer as they need to test it.
I agree that they do need to test it but PES has been out for 3 weeks, even during the demo there was immediate feedback regarding player switching and aggression / fouls and within a day or so of launch there was feedback on the AI through balls too the wings. FIFA patched their game within 5 days of release.

Player faces are all well and good but lets not make excuses for Konami here - it'll be like PES 2016 all over again where it took them till November to update the rosters.

Because this data pack is a visual update, something the art department did. While what you are looking for is programmers work, get it?

Ok then no one can claim that there is a difference in gameplay after this datapack, All placebo.

After all Adam did say it'll be months.

Thanks

Two things are killing the immersion in this game for me:

1. the goddamn toe punt passes. hey have been toned down from last year but stll there.
2. That crossing animation where the player sort of stumbles when they cross the ball on the run. Absolutely the worst animation in the game and wasnt there last year. Looks so crap...

anyone else find this?

Where's the cheapest digital copy for Xbox One? In Australia it's $89 for a disc copy (FIFA is $79 and was $64 at launch) and $99 on the digital store. I'd prefer a digital copy but I never see the game go on sale until about 6 months in. I can't wait that long lol

Ahh.. im now back...

Gotta say i do love this years game. However as always i feel let down by the team behind the gameplay. I really wish they would take on board what the fans are saying.

They need to take a good hard look at Spike Chunsoft. They are behind the Fire pro wrestling world game and are literally working with the fans to create the best wrestling sim out there all be it 2D.

I agree that they do need to test it but PES has been out for 3 weeks, even during the demo there was immediate feedback regarding player switching and aggression / fouls and within a day or so of launch there was feedback on the AI through balls too the wings. FIFA patched their game within 5 days of release.

Player faces are all well and good but lets not make excuses for Konami here - it'll be like PES 2016 all over again where it took them till November to update the rosters.

Not making excuses for them, I don't know why they love face packs so much atleast it's not those blasted boot and ball packs :D . If there was ever a waste of valuable resource....

They always roll out their gameplay patches much later with zero information on what they actually did and we tend go bonkers trying to figure out what has changed.

It's a but unfair to say it's 2016 allover again though. The game has fully updated squads since day 1.

If I was in charge of PES and got feedback from fans I would also want to check for myself rather than make changes to the game. I still don't have an issue with player switching which is absurd because everyone seems to say it's broken.

On fifa there are simple things like online invite mechanic and other gameplay elements that aren't working and haven't been addressed in the patch so they aren't much better but don't get me started on that game.

gameplay seems different to me. I think it is more responsive and moves faster now maybe. maybe I am just thinking that.. oh well.. feels good though

..hey guys.. just got an automatic PES2018 update file available. downloading it now.. says its ver. 1.02.. is it new patch or the new dlc??? its about 949.2mb
with talk about new dlc out today, I'm guessing its it..but is that how pes normally does it.. ie. calls it a new version?? I have about 30mins to go on download as I'm on snail paced net atm.

honestly I don't feel any obvious gameplay changes after the update
maybe I just played only 4,5 matches but thats what I feel now

..not sure if its just a dlc update.. definitley a dlc update as it now says 1.00 .. before it was unimplemented or what not in the options menu. But version says 1.02.. before it was 1.01 or something like that. Lakaku's face is new..looks amazing.. so yeah dlc definitely done etc.. but but but.. on the file info of 1.02 it does say something re fixing problems in the game.. so who knows.. one game in.. feels good..but haven't noticed fouls etc.. could be a placebo but player switching feels like its more responsive..have to test it out more.

...um call it placebo if you like.. but get this.. first game post patch.. cpu committed 5 fouls to me 1... that's more fouls than ive had the cpu do on me for about 20 games pre patch... that's just one game in... I reckon its more than just a dlc.. as it definitely feels like player switching is more responsive.. n well.. 5 fouls cannot be a fluke... will try play some more.. but itd be good to hear some other feedback..anyone playing the new update yet???

.. this is what I'm thinking.. after 2 games lol... I got 5 fouls against me in my first game, 2 in my second.. that's 7 in two games.. I reckon there is definitely something in this. Also, I do feel defending is easier as player switching has improved.. I'm playing full manual on top player, and in those 2 games, I got more interceptions than ive ever before... pre patch. Either I just suddenly got better, or there is something better re player switching. Other things that I believe have contributed to this, is that ive seen more misplaced passing by the cpu.. or it seems easier to pick some of their passing lanes... defending just seems easier.. which is great :) and how it should be... I'm sure this isn't placebo..

one final mention.. I played as Juve in the second game.. and dybala is just amazing on the ball.. the turns etc.. I don't remember him being this good in the pre patch.. is it that the individualism of some players has been improved... dybala felt amazing.. and so different to any other player on the park.. So far so good.. actually, 2 amazing games I had which I honestly believe was/is a different experience to what I had pre-patch..

Placebo effect? Can't wait to test it.

Just read on twitter how they "fixed" the main menu Barcelona picture. Just one thing to say, LOL.

Are they really that resource limited can't afford to make a better job or they really don't care anymore as they used to?

Back
Top Bottom