PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Placebo effect? Can't wait to test it.

Just read on twitter how they "fixed" the main menu Barcelona picture. Just one thing to say, LOL.

Are they really that resource limited can't afford to make a better job or they really don't care anymore as they used to?

EA gave fans patch since 4 days after release. We still wait......Not good. If i tell to Adam this argue he answer me that im rude Lol

FIFA 18 gave fans patch since 4 days after release We still wait......Not good. If i tell to Adam this argue he answer me that im rude Lol

That's what happened to me yesterday. He said they are still finding balance. Does he know how long the fouls have been an issue? Yet they are still trying to find a balance? I told him i can't accept his answer, he said i'm rude and to unfollow him.

Adam said a while ago that they didn't want a stop start game with lots of fouls, the game has been made like this on purpose to have it free flowing regardless of what he says. Him and Asim are Twitter mouthpieces not software engineers. Even if they could fix the fouls and control the amount they have I doubt they would. Fouls will be a plenty in multi player games i presume and single player isn't their priority if they were priority the master league would be far better than it is and has been for years.

Fouls will be a plenty in multi player games i presume and single player isn't their priority if they were priority the master league would be far better than it is and has been for years.
Am I imagining things or has Adam not said publicly that he tells the devs he loves the ML and tries to encourage them to work on it?

Am I imagining things or has Adam not said publicly that he tells the devs he loves the ML and tries to encourage them to work on it?

He did. But we really can't make assumptions based on what he says, positive or negative. He has no control over the development of the game and i think he also has no real communications with the devs.

He has no control over the development of the game and i think he also has no real communications with the devs.
I speak to him occasionally - not often, but we're Facebook friends and occasionally we'll talk about Evo-Web - and I can tell you now, he doesn't have control over development, but he does communicate with the devs. He was in Japan last week (he might still be there now) to discuss the upcoming patch with them.

Not making excuses for them, I don't know why they love face packs so much atleast it's not those blasted boot and ball packs :D . If there was ever a waste of valuable resource....
hG31tES.png

:FISH:

I speak to him occasionally - not often, but we're Facebook friends and occasionally we'll talk about Evo-Web - and I can tell you now, he doesn't have control over development, but he does communicate with the devs. He was in Japan last week (he might still be there now) to discuss the upcoming patch with them.

What do you think about the long time to release an important patch like the cursor and fouls one? How come they didn't manage to release it yet?

They know about cursor switch and fouls issues in Pes 2018 code since E3 build. How is it possible they still didn't find a way to fix, or at least improve them?

If it's because of few developers working on the game, they really should hire more people to be much more quick with updates. Many fans (me as an example) are becoming more and more frustrated with their long times.

It isn't like they have to fix something minor, the issues they left in when they released the game are really frustrating.

If it's because of few developers working on the game, they really should hire more people to be much more quick with updates.
Decisions like that just aren't in their hands. Adam's or the devs themselves. It's the higher-ups. You get the budget you're given and that's it. Konami is a streamlined business now - the gaming division is PES and mobile games.

Again, I'm sure Adam has said publicly on Twitter that they have a "small team", and as a brand manager, that's not a fun statement to make because, at best, you're implying that your product is imperfect, and brand managers just don't do that (I maintain that he's being much more forthright on Twitter this year - there's no way he would have come out and said something like "fouls are an issue" before).

I'm in no way making excuses - and let me be blunt, why would I be, because I don't really enjoy the game this year (just don't like the AI) - but they're doing their best with what they have, and Adam is absolutely dedicated to his job, and to PES. He couldn't work harder, in my honest opinion.

In other words:

Just read on twitter how they "fixed" the main menu Barcelona picture. Just one thing to say, LOL. Are they really that resource limited?
Yes.

Last edited:
Decisions like that just aren't in their hands. Adam's or the devs themselves. It's the higher-ups. You get the budget you're given and that's it. Konami is a streamlined business now - the gaming division is PES and mobile games.

Again, I'm sure Adam has said publicly on Twitter that they have a "small team", and as a brand manager, that's not a fun statement to make because, at best, you're implying that your product is imperfect, and brand managers just don't do that (I maintain that he's being much more forthright on Twitter this year - there's no way he would have come out and said something like "fouls are an issue" before).

Gaming division is Pes, mobile games, and Survive, that is more like a MGS Online dlc.
Looking at how they switched focus on mobile, i'm not optimistic we will see an increase in dev team numbers. They like to develop their games low cost.

I played one game with the new "patch".. . . call it placebo if you like but the players have stopped allowing the ball to run by them into touch etc and switching looks fine .. defenses look tighter and I didn't see much of the ol' one two trick that leaves your defenders stranded.

they way pes is being made, i understand now why hideo kojima left, this upper hierarchy is even worse than the old EA and honestly believe the amount of work adam is doing he would be getting underpaid.

they way pes is being made, i understand now why hideo kojima left, this upper hierarchy is even worse than the old EA

It's unfortunate, because of them every year we have a potentially great Pes ruined by lack of resources. Who knows how long the situation will stay this way...

It's unfortunate, because of them every year we have a potentially great Pes ruined by lack of resources. Who knows how long the situation will stay this way...
yeah im convinced now this pes team hasnt got the magic we are after, its taken them 3 years to make this game and there still putting patches

yeah im convinced now this pes team hasnt got the magic we are after, its taken them 3 years to make this game and there still putting patches
To be fair to them, they've said this is year one of a three-year plan (some of the reviews I've read referenced this too, I think it's the Eurogamer one I'm thinking of).

EDIT: Yes it is.

Eurogamer said:
When I played PES 2018 earlier this year, the series' global product and brand manager Adam Bhatti told me it was the first game of a three-year cycle; a new foundation upon which Konami's looking to build. For better and worse, it feels like it.

To be fair to them, they've said this is year one of a three-year plan (some of the reviews I've read referenced this too, I think it's the Eurogamer one I'm thinking of).

EDIT: Yes it is.
To be honest Chris, I’m at the point where I’m over it, game will never get there I believe, we keep repeating the same issues every year and doesn’t get acknowledged and we keep getting frustrated on here over the same things

Haven't touched my Pes in a week,feel like I'm at a standoff with it.
Got really good tactics provided by this community,but the game needs sorting out first,fouls,can live with current standard (barely) but player switching needs to be fixed.
Remember last year's first or second patch when we,me and a few others were ridiculed by some regarding "placebo" effect,until we found patch notes on it.
Even if konami said it was just kits etc at first
If you feel changes to the game,then changes have been made.
DL now and will try it out myself

So, PA 1 then, is the assistance toned down...?

Thing is, I know the answer is NO. Why? I'm sure it's a designer choice, they want a game for the casual user. Because they can't afford to lose those people. Online (and in PES case MyClub) is the main thing these days and like I've stated before, most people don't really care about "realistic" football, they want to have fun and score often. And in some ways that's reasonable, it's a game after all. Should they then make it harder for these people, forcing them to give the game time to learn, many would just go; "fuck this it's to hard", and stop playing.

they way pes is being made, i understand now why hideo kojima left, this upper hierarchy is even worse than the old EA and honestly believe the amount of work adam is doing he would be getting underpaid.

Mate not only Kojima left. Seabass left and John Murphy too. Seabass said years ago that PES can't compete in this days with FIFA without money and invest in licenses.

Mate not only Kojima left. Seabass left and John Murphy too. Seabass said years ago that PES can't compete in this days with FIFA without money and invest in licenses.

Seabass is still there, as a supervisor. You can read it in credits.

So, PA 1 then, is the assistance toned down...?

Thing is, I know the answer is NO. Why? I'm sure it's a designer choice, they want a game for the casual user. Because they can't afford to lose those people. Online (and in PES case MyClub) is the main thing these days and like I've stated before, most people don't really care about "realistic" football, they want to have fun and score often. And in some ways that's reasonable, it's a game after all. Should they then make it harder for these people, forcing them to give the game time to learn, many would just go; "fuck this it's to hard", and stop playing.

Again regarding passing, i wonder what people wants and how passing accuracy and speed relates to player stats and passing assistance on your controller. Does full manual has to negate the existence on stats and based in human input only or how ?

What made Pes and the old Winning Eleven great in the years were never licenses, in fact competing on that side with EA at the moment would take the kind of money that I think Konami can't or certainly don't want to put out.

If the resources are this scarce I think it's already a miracle that Pes 2018 is what it is (a title with an excellent heart), however if there truly were more money I think they should focus on increasing customization and most of all on having a team of persons actively tweaking gameplay and solving bugs. "Months" for a fouls patch is already a joke if your primary focus is gameplay.

Ok.
Player switching fixed,huge difference from pre patch

CPU passing toned down,my ML game Vs Atalanta,they had 77% in the 83rd minute,pre patch probably 85-91%

Fouls,don't know,but I did draw them easier than before.

CPU sharpness in shooting is down, Atalanta had 8(2) in my game, usually CPU in ML has better % than that,closer to 8 (6) than above.

Player fatigue
All my players were finished after the game,huge difference.

Not one lobbed through ball in my game,much more balanced game play.

One thing though,since I hadn't played this in a week I though I'd had a tough game at hand,played on PA1 though,CPU felt easy to beat,probably due to the low pass percentage and shooting error.
It's a different story on Manual,but I think SS difficulty won't be as impossible on manual as it was pre patch

Game felt very good

Ok.

CPU passing toned down,my ML game Vs Atalanta,they had 77% in the 83rd minute,pre patch probably 85-91%

CPU sharpness in shooting is down, Atalanta had 8(2) in my game, usually CPU in ML has better % than that,closer to 8 (6) than above.

Player fatigue

One thing though,since I hadn't played this in a week I though I'd had a tough game at hand,played on PA1 though,CPU felt easy to beat,probably due to the low pass percentage and shooting error.
It's a different story on Manual,but I think SS difficulty won't be as impossible on manual as it was pre patch

Game felt very good

they also changed something in the placement of the players, so i have to tweak again the tactics... anyway @rockstrongo the only change is advance a little the CM in 'in-possession-phase' IMO they have lowered them a bit

they also changed something in the placement of the players, so i have to tweak again the tactics... anyway @rockstrongo the only change is advance a little the CM in 'in-possession-phase' IMO they have lowered them a bit
Aha,didn't notice that,so when editing,should I/you keep them there or move them up a bit?
Edit: I misread,yeah I get what you're saying pal,I need to advance the cm a bit
Sorry
Thanx pal

Ok.

Player fatigue

Game felt very good

Possession% was reasonable too ?

Back
Top Bottom