PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

hG31tES.png

:FISH:
:COAT:

Why do Konami always put that minor change nonsense at the bottom and in italic ffs. Anyway will test it later.

the more I play, I find some changes related to gameplay
just kick off an exhibition, turn on liveupdate and play against barcelona you will know what I mean
I always play against the ai barcelona, they use tikitaka and gegenpress anyway
pre patch, they spam one two pass to rush and use high through ball a lot and I don't think its tikitaka
gegenpress is over aggressive and unrealistic that sometimes 3 to 4 men come to you to get your ball and they lose their positions
after the patch, I find that they seldom rush to attack and now have some patient build up, pass the ball back or to the left and right that look more like tikitaka imo
also less high through ball from ai
gegenpress is somehow tuned down, they don't send 3 or 4 men to come to you
they still give you frontline pressure but not over aggressive that they keep their team shape

Last edited:
Forget what was in the past. Time was changed. Without money they cant compete with FIFA in particular in Europe. If they dont put more money to resources the situation in sells in Europe will be 15:1. Sorry

You are seeing this as a rush in which who sells more wins, but I think it's very far from being the situation. We have to remember that there are just two games for what is an incredibly big market, so maybe they are fine selling the product as they are. Maybe this rivality with Fifa is just in our head and given how much they are making versus how little money they are putting in it, they are simply very happy with the actual situation.

As I already said, bar apocalyptic situations unlikely to happen to EA they just won't steal Fifa's kind of licenses anyway, so even if that would be the problem is kinda irrelevant to ask, or to even hope they would. Since this will always be the "other" football game, it's best to hope they'll focus on what they can realistically change and do better in my opinion, like the gameplay, the edit, the career mode and so on.

Nice words but life and in particular business is brutal. Pes need much better package than ever. Of course sells is important in these days. Company make products because they want sell it. Konami create Pes and wants sell the most copies how they can, its normal. If your competitor sell 15 : 1 more copies its mean something. What EA have? First licenses, good modes, awesome presentation, commentary , sound and gamplay. This is a reason why they sell 15 mln copies. Pes with only gameplay and nice graphics cant compete with EA on market looking for selling. Problem with Konami is they dont understand that If they want have much more profits first they have to invest in product.

Lol at "Nice words". Have you even read my post?

Konami can't compete with EA in terms of licenses, so by reflection in "presentation", no matter how hard you wish or ask for it.

Of course they can have some big leagues like Bundesliga or LaLiga but they don't want invest money. Sorry we talk about licenses but they cant make good menus in game and atmosphere crowd during the match. What we are talking about.

.. this is what I'm thinking.. after 2 games lol... I got 5 fouls against me in my first game, 2 in my second.. that's 7 in two games.. I reckon there is definitely something in this. Also, I do feel defending is easier as player switching has improved.. I'm playing full manual on top player, and in those 2 games, I got more interceptions than ive ever before... pre patch. Either I just suddenly got better, or there is something better re player switching. Other things that I believe have contributed to this, is that ive seen more misplaced passing by the cpu.. or it seems easier to pick some of their passing lanes... defending just seems easier.. which is great :) and how it should be... I'm sure this isn't placebo..

one final mention.. I played as Juve in the second game.. and dybala is just amazing on the ball.. the turns etc.. I don't remember him being this good in the pre patch.. is it that the individualism of some players has been improved... dybala felt amazing.. and so different to any other player on the park.. So far so good.. actually, 2 amazing games I had which I honestly believe was/is a different experience to what I had pre-patch..

yes.. I didn't want to post to much because it seemed like it was the first one at first but this is exactly what I saw or noticed. I didn't want to talk about fouls to much because in my first match yes the computer fouled me 3 times .. I usually play on 10 minutes and that wasn't even common for me. but second match didn't see any.. player switching seems more instant to me and quicker... I didn't want to say these things at first but seriously that's what it felt like. the over gameplay felt more responsive and quicker to me which made it play a tad faster as well. at least that what it seemed like to me.. all I know is it felt great

There are times on this game where it really is sublime. Just had a super close 1-0 game against Man Utd as Man City, 5 shots for City with 2 on target, 4 for United with 1 on target and just a midfield slog fest. I even got fouled 3 times... Definitely think it's just a placebo effect rather than an actual change and probably because I'm using Sterling & Sane who are more likely to draw fouls.

For all of the good, my goal was pretty abysmal defending by Smalling who just sort of stood there as I rounded De Gea with Gabriel Jesus. Although it could just have been a really accurate simulation of how shit Smalling actually is.

Also had this great chance, brilliant pass by Silva for the run of De Bruyne:

Ok.
Player switching fixed,huge difference from pre patch

CPU passing toned down,my ML game Vs Atalanta,they had 77% in the 83rd minute,pre patch probably 85-91%

Fouls,don't know,but I did draw them easier than before.

CPU sharpness in shooting is down, Atalanta had 8(2) in my game, usually CPU in ML has better % than that,closer to 8 (6) than above.

Player fatigue
All my players were finished after the game,huge difference.

Not one lobbed through ball in my game,much more balanced game play.

One thing though,since I hadn't played this in a week I though I'd had a tough game at hand,played on PA1 though,CPU felt easy to beat,probably due to the low pass percentage and shooting error.
It's a different story on Manual,but I think SS difficulty won't be as impossible on manual as it was pre patch

Game felt very good
I thought I was out and you pull me back in!

Of course they can have some big leagues like Bundesliga or LaLiga but they don't want invest money. Sorry we talk about licenses but they cant make good menus in game and atmosphere crowd during the match. What we are talking about.
You were saying how good the atmosphere in PES 2018 was just last week!

Ha ha,not sure mate,but I have had better games,but then been playing FIFA for a week so who knows
Nice reference btw
Thanks mate :)

I have gone from loving pes, to hating it, to loving FIFA, to hating that.

It's a strange year for football games.

Going to play a World Cup in PES today. How do I download latest data pack? Is it automatically downloaded via new patch?

Or do I need to apply live update?

Thanks mate :)

I have gone from loving pes, to hating it, to loving FIFA, to hating that.

It's a strange year for football games.

Going to play a World Cup in PES today. How do I download latest data pack? Is it automatically downloaded via new patch?

Or do I need to apply live update?
Me being on a console it's automatic when turned on
You won't see to much difference,had plenty of freekicks first two games on my old save,my new save the same as before,CPU having lower pass % than before,and more fatigue

Yeah it's a strange year,I've been playing FIFA for a week,came back to PES,and really felt how fun it was again.
Two good games this year,which is very nice
Really love the weight in this game,not really the same elsewhere,

Very quickly tiring of gegenpress and that fucking team mate assist button. Online is fast becoming tedious

I gave Online Divisions another shot using PA1 last night. It's ok but you have NO CHANCE if you pick a smaller team due to what you describe.

I can't say I feel that PA 1 has been toned down but it can also be that everybody use top teams where most players are good passers, so the ping- ponging is still very present. If they only would have introduced team filters.

Oh well, back to manual passing...

Me being on a console it's automatic when turned on
You won't see to much difference,had plenty of freekicks first two games on my old save,my new save the same as before,CPU having lower pass % than before,and more fatigue

Yeah it's a strange year,I've been playing FIFA for a week,came back to PES,and really felt how fun it was again.
Two good games this year,which is very nice
Really love the weight in this game,not really the same elsewhere,
Yeah the weight and pace of PES really is wonderful this year.

Like I said in other thread, this game is sublime offline and not in Master League.

Had a few games last night with the new patch. Admittedly it maybe felt a tad looser from the AI but the stats still reported 88% pass accuracy for them, and the goals were the same ones as before (with chipped through-balls aplenty).

Not moaning - just looking forward to the "fouls patch"!

It feel more like the demo to me. I don’t believe it’s placebo.

I was winning comfortably before patch. Now I’m getting smashed.

It certainly is placebo. There has been no patch. Data Pack 1 was a cosmetic update. Data Pack 1 has brought no gameplay changes of any kind whatsoever. The gameplay patch is still in testing.

It certainly is placebo. There has been no patch. Data Pack 1 was a cosmetic update. Data Pack 1 has brought no gameplay changes of any kind whatsoever. The gameplay patch is still in testing.

People are reporting the opposite, What's going on?

this game is bringing back memories of how pes 16 was and thats not good for me, this gameplay patch is a do or die for me this year, they need to get it right.

Why are people referring to Data Pack 1 as a patch?

I wasn't prompted to download anything before the game booted. I was promoted later on in game but that's not the same thing.

The gameplay hasn't changed.

I downloaded an actual 'patch' for Netflix last night.

Back
Top Bottom