PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

H...have we found something we all actually agree on?!

The keepers are definitely, in my opinion, the best I've seen in any football game. They provide some of the most genuinely stunning moments.

anyway i'm agree, keepers animation are really beautiful and with keeper and my Y(triangle) i have a lots of fun

Why i love Pes 2018, it just feels so natural and realistic, even compared to Pes 2017.

It's frustrating though having to deal with the same issues that bring it down every year, like fouls or lack of care on everything that is not on the pitch.

In my opinion they don't lie, the pitch is KONAMI's, unfortunately the rest is EA's.
This video is spot on! Thank you for sharing it.

The only thing I can say on that is
1 defending is different here,takes a long time getting use to it,sending a player to press,switch to be ready for a pass through the middle,or wings.
You have to anticipate much more what the CPU might do
You'll crack it

2 player marking
Strikers/wingers/playmakers

I've gone from losing to Juventus or Inter by 4-1/5-0 to having a close game.
Sounds condescending,but practise,be smart,back off,put normal pressure,look for player runs etc
Takes a long time learning this one

Thanks for the reply, thing is the lobbed through balls the AI is making even before I get control of my defense. I tried not pressing and staying with the attacker, but still my defense gets burned by those passes. I understand that maybe I'm not playing it right, but still, even then... it'd be nice to see the AI attack in another way, especially when I am not even controlling my defense yet.
I'll try player marking...

I'd recommend trying Lami's tactics. I was having the same experience as you until I tried these tactics. It seems to limit the amount of over the top balls and create more of a midfield battle with limited space.

The AI seems to be more calm and pass the ball around for some reason. They can still happen, but for the most part seems more contextual. This is on top player.

I was playing with Matt's positioning and it was great for cutting out space but seemed to limit my attacking options and the over the top ball issue seemed worse.

Oh I don't know what they are.. can you please link me to those?

Thanks. That would be awesome...

Where is B-man and when can we expect a footy united podcast?

Exactly what I've been wondering...
He misteriously disappeared (meaning Adam, Asir and Hosoda-San kidnapped him) right before the full game came out...

Thanks for the reply, thing is the lobbed through balls the AI is making even before I get control of my defense. I tried not pressing and staying with the attacker, but still my defense gets burned by those passes. I understand that maybe I'm not playing it right, but still, even then... it'd be nice to see the AI attack in another way, especially when I am not even controlling my defense yet.
I'll try player marking...
Marking and a good setup for defence will make a difference

H...have we found something we all actually agree on?!

The keepers are definitely, in my opinion, the best I've seen in any football game. They provide some of the most genuinely stunning moments.

Absolutely, I never thought I'd see the day when I don't have to hold down triangle to try to "wake" the keeper up when someone was through on goal. You really feel the the keepers have your back on this game & that they're not just some dumb bot.

Oh I don't know what they are.. can you please link me to those?

Thanks. That would be awesome...

Video is below. This is the general idea anyway. I'm finding that because the midfield is closer to the defence it seems to encourage them to play a safer ball back and results in more build up (especially with the tighter spacing). The chipped ball still happens, but I've found it to be far less and more often than not when I'm pulled out of position. Pressuring the AI with B and controlling your other players to hold position and track runners when necessary also helps.

I still think a patch to minimise the AI doing this is necessary but I'm having far better games now with this style of tactic.

Video is below. This is the general idea anyway. I'm finding that because the midfield is closer to the defence it seems to encourage them to play a safer ball back and results in more build up (especially with the tighter spacing). The chipped ball still happens, but I've found it to be far less and more often than not when I'm pulled out of position. Pressuring the AI with B and controlling your other players to hold position and track runners when necessary also helps.

I still think a patch to minimise the AI doing this is necessary but I'm having far better games now with this style of tactic.

Would be nice if you could upload how it affects the gameplay itself.
Maybe upload a match or some short clips of different matches?

Gameplay?

Would be nice if you could upload how it affects the gameplay itself.
Maybe upload a match or some short clips of different matches?

Little bit of gameplay here using Lami's tactics. You'll still see the ball over the top, but it feels like an improvement and I don't find the AI attack as frantic in general. I find the spacing is more condensed and the overall positioning of both teams feels more realistic. There's a little more pressure higher up the pitch and they're harder to break down.

Marking and a good setup for defence will make a difference

I'm mostly a online player and what you describe is crucial there as well. Even more so maybe. Give tactics some time and you will be rewarded. I'm waiting for the patch and DLC but then I'm gonna perfect 3 teams (isn't weird we can't have more tactics saved??) tactics and immerse myself online. Atalanta is surely one of them, love Papu Gomez.:)

Btw Rock. I'm not gonna mention the Bajen - Peking game...;)

First post since forever and used to post a lot. Bottom line loving the demo, put in around 50 hours or so now and really really like it. Some niggles obviously, but in the main I'd say this is a very very good game. One game where I'd say the keeper broke the immersion but overwhelmingly the keepers have been a realistic portrayal which is the refreshing thing. Also up to Superstar mode and having a blast. Hope the full game resembles the demo now.

Little bit of gameplay here using Lami's tactics. You'll still see the ball over the top, but it feels like an improvement and I don't find the AI attack as frantic in general. I find the spacing is more condensed and the overall positioning of both teams feels more realistic. There's a little more pressure higher up the pitch and they're harder to break down.
Amazing manual control. My stick can never do that

started a master league with atletico madrid on top player. got sane in for 14m and auba for 30 m !:LOL::LOL: doing absolute shite the CPU just wont let you score at times. ive won 2, drawn 3 and lost 1. doing decent in CL won both my games and won first game in copa del rey.

One thing I really hope Konami will do this year (but I doubt they will) is to update the player stats after half the season for example. If a player have a breakthrough first half of the season it would be nice if that was reflected in the stats. Like Mbappé last year etc.

Back
Top Bottom