PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I switched from Superstar to Top player. . . fuck it's like two different games .. .I haven't seen one problem that i encountered on Superstar. . . Top player is ideal a bit like Superstar in 2017 . ..having great fun, the grey cloud has lifted.

I did exactly the same. Superstar just isn't fun imo. You can win but it's a war to get your defense right and the cheating is unreal.

Anyone here still playing challenge mode? How´s that going so far? I´ll probably test Challenge mode and professional, to see how that balances the dificulty.

Anyone here still playing challenge mode? How´s that going so far? I´ll probably test Challenge mode and professional, to see how that balances the dificulty.

I am, and sometimes i feel my defenders are a group of retardeds, even in TOP PLAYER difficulty.

I have a quick question for those playing offline...
Yesterday I tried giving the game another chance. Played in Professional and had good games but overall it became a bit too easy. So now in TP, I get competitive games BUT the AI just scores on me with a long ball air through pass (for some reason my defense just stares) and is left 1-on-1 with the keeper. Had 3 games yesterday, I'd say 80% of the goals were like this.
My question is, is there anything to do with the tactics to help this? I tried lowering my defense line but still happens. Such a shame because under all of these problems there is an enjoyable game. I can even live without the fouls... but wish the AI was a bit more unpredictable.

I'd recommend trying Lami's tactics. I was having the same experience as you until I tried these tactics. It seems to limit the amount of over the top balls and create more of a midfield battle with limited space.

The AI seems to be more calm and pass the ball around for some reason. They can still happen, but for the most part seems more contextual. This is on top player.

I was playing with Matt's positioning and it was great for cutting out space but seemed to limit my attacking options and the over the top ball issue seemed worse.

I always play top player.
Haven't played ML yet, but there is some strange scripting in League mode.
I was playing an Euro League match with Atalanta in Marseille.
First half they were up 3-0 and my team looked like a bunch of drunks who were high on crystal meth...disastrous.
Second half, i scored 4 and won the match.
Didn't change a single thing and suddenly my team was absolutely great...never had that...the difference was far too obvious to be placebo (i think).

my network is just fine, it's Konami that has the problem.
My network is also fine, never had a poor game with lag so far on this game that's been noticeable. This morning I've just played 5 or so myClub games whilst watching the F1 qualifying and all were smooth as butter.

SMOOTH
AS
BUTTER

Guys played a game last night - (live update on) - and it was me (Milan) vs AI (PSG). Boy I got a thrashing that game - it was 6-0 PSG with Cavani 4 goals. I mean wtf. I even did man marking and laid back my defenders. But noticed that Milan was E and PSG was B. Do live updates actually affect how the AI plays??? Btw, I am thinking of getting a gaming PC to buy vs the Xbox One. Can anyone comment on their experience with either version and if it is any noticeable difference or am I going to just waste my money. Cheers PES mates!!!

Right now playing Pes 2018 is like playing 2 different games. I am playing with Liverpool on top player, 15 minute matches, -1 game speed, manual passing.
On one hand, the AI plays a balanced game, somewhat resembling my own style of slow build up. Matches against Arsenal (4-1 to me) and Man United (3-1 to them) played out similarly, even if the results were widely different. Both were quite enjoyable to play, and represented the best that this year's game has to offer.
Between those matches I played a couple of games against Huddersfield, in the cup and then the Prem. I won the cup match 4-3, and they won the league encounter, 2-0. Problem with both those games: they were total bullshit.
Like many 'lesser' teams, Huddersfield just played lightning fast passes all over the pitch, essentially like playing against robots. multiple backheals in a row, a string of perfect passes and goals which I could do nothing to defend. I have seen this from many of the weaker teams and although it is not impossible to overcome, I did win the cup match after all - it's just so goddamn boring to play the game when it flips the internal bullshit switch.

Do you think that "challenge mode" makes the adversary more agressive even in top player? Becausa im having a lot of problens in defending sometimes, in specific moments (like the ball behind the defenders coming from the top).

Top player is the best difficulty this year but it's kinda easy at times, I hope with the fouling fix it gets better and a bit harder. Superstar is just a cheat.

I always play top player.
Haven't played ML yet, but there is some strange scripting in League mode.
I was playing an Euro League match with Atalanta in Marseille.
First half they were up 3-0 and my team looked like a bunch of drunks who were high on crystal meth...disastrous.
Second half, i scored 4 and won the match.
Didn't change a single thing and suddenly my team was absolutely great...never had that...the difference was far too obvious to be placebo (i think).
That happens in online to, what is completely ridiculous to handicap players that are playing versus another human.

Thanks for the off topic stuff lads, bet I can zap them almost as fast as You can post them.
You kind of left me a bit disappointed.
Us & them?
Sheeesh.

When I use Defensive preset during every game, ( I don't know what it is called, the one where we can control how offensive or defensive our team will be during the match) it makes the players position more realistic I felt. DM was always roaming just ahead of the CB and the attacking players were positioned perfectly like in the actual football match. I might be late to realize this but it just made the game much more enjoyable!

Agree the attack/defence have good effects. I don't tend to leave it in the middle, preferring to switch either side.

While I'm in, I'll share that I'm enjoying my Acclimatisation (a tradition of playing cup competitions with lesser teams in order to learn the game's nuances before setting on an ML epic that will last the rest of the year).

So far Cameroon have won the African cup, recapturing glory days, and Lebanon the Asian cup. Sadly Persepolis lost in the semis of the AFC CL.

Not sure where to go next, but needs to be a good showing to land me that Serie B job I'm hankering for...

Hi all, kind of new here but been playing PES since ISS on PS1. Overall I'm really enjoying 2018 on manual pass and shot (use basic through ball though since I understand that to also be manually controlled, but that's a whole other discussion).
For now I've settled for professional difficulty and have been getting very good games against the AI in a UCL campaign with Barca. Although it's a bit to the easy side at times I've also had some great challenging games and I feel pro level reduce most of the AIs ping ponging. Also, I should have the upper hand against most teams as Barca. Hopefully it will be harder playing as lesser teams!

Despite some issues, for me this game is brilliant and the freedom in game play allows you to get very creative. I had some real magic moments both in terms of dribbling, passing and shooting. For the latter two however it's essential to play on manual because PA1 is too assisted as has been the case the last couple of years. So I definitely understand those who are disappointed about that, I am as well because at times I'd like to be able to relax more and just play on a semi assisted pass and shot level.

As I said, I had a great UCL campaign, but one very dissapointing thing was reaching the final and realizing that the fantasy stadium The Ultimate Stage is LOCKED to the final so you are forced to play in that stadium! I mean, come on Konami, it's a fun addition but allow us to play the ultimate game in a stadium that resembles reality! It's one thing, that they didn't get the real Kiev final stadium (I don't see why it should be locked by FIFA, or is it?) but at least let us choose another stadium!

Anyway, rant over. As another manual user have said: using L1 + O can be quite deadly. Here a couple of magic moments from my UCL campaign:

Messi, no touch dribble:

Messi, deadly pass:

Passing around and scoring from a ball in behind the defence again with L1 + O:

Bicycle kick by Dembélé:

In the last video, i like how Dembélé uses his hand to check for the opponent behind him before doing the bicycle kick. Nice little detail here.
That pass to Suarez is golden too! Looks so good!

Back
Top Bottom