PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

You know what? I think I've read a few people complaining about catch-up bug being still present in this game as well.
I consider myself the #1 hater of the C.U.B (that's what I will call it from now on). Yet I haven't perceived it to be nowhere near as bad as you describe. Until this year, there was litterally dozens of us complaining about it every day. Now, I've only read 3 or 4. Maybe 5.

The difference between player's speeds should be more noticeable. I agree with that. I would love it to be more noticeable.
But I'm OK with the balance they've accomplished. I can live with it.

I cannot abide slow players smoking faster players.. its ridiculous.

I read people say there is no midfield battles... i dont agree.. i FORCE midfield play.. however... PES can be played where midfield is none existent. Much like physical stats.

Sure, I do too.
The thing is though, some people see a space and they instantly chip the ball, or start running like mad. I prefer to play it like it was a real match. Just because there's space ahead of you, doesn't mean you'll start running forward if you have no team-mates that will support you afterwards. Sometimes it's best to slow down, play it back , build up the play and then wait for an opening to either shoot or pass the ball into space.

Last edited:
maybe i'm crazy or you guys are all fan boys because I can't grasp how no one is complaining about the online button delay, slow movement and player reaction that virtually kill the game especially on defense.

maybe i'm crazy or you guys are all fan boys because I can't grasp how no one is complaining about the online button delay, slow movement and player reaction that virtually kill the game especially on defense.

We are all fanboys.

Seriously, button delay is only there when there is lag.

Dont start with the fan boy shite, everyone's opinion is valid here.

We have no vacancies for trolls.

Most people here just enjoy the offline mode. That´s it.
And also online mode is running fine for me. I've played more online games this year already than last year whilst I wait for good patches / option files to become available and I think I've only had one poor connection based game in the 100 or so I've played.

Sometimes people are happy to blame Konami without looking at their own networking.

its rly funny when i am able to dribble 50 meters with 70 rated player with 60/70 dribling,speed stats and score goal against Real Madrid or Manchester United. Speed , dribling ,shoots stats doesnt matter at all. Just empty figures to make us believe that there is individuality. Fake passing stats is even worse game breaker. When it comes to individuality i think sensible soccer was better.

Last edited:
its rly funny when i am able to dribble 50 meters with 70 rated player with 60/70 dribling,speed stats and score goal against Real Madrid or Manchester United. Speed , dribling ,shoots stats doesnt matter at all. Just empty figures to make us believe that there is individuality. Fake passing stats is even worse game breaker. When it comes to individuality i think sensible soccer was better.

Sensible soccer? Really?

Take it off of amateur pal.

fuck an eh, me and my boy played last night and the game was atrocious, we got crushed my the computer and we could not do shit a week after feeling like we dominiated and were playing beatiful soccer. Difference was two vs the cpu this time and last time it was three of us in the master leauge against the cpu. PLayer switching is BROKEN with two players... Seems they are fixing

I have a quick question for those playing offline...
Yesterday I tried giving the game another chance. Played in Professional and had good games but overall it became a bit too easy. So now in TP, I get competitive games BUT the AI just scores on me with a long ball air through pass (for some reason my defense just stares) and is left 1-on-1 with the keeper. Had 3 games yesterday, I'd say 80% of the goals were like this.
My question is, is there anything to do with the tactics to help this? I tried lowering my defense line but still happens. Such a shame because under all of these problems there is an enjoyable game. I can even live without the fouls... but wish the AI was a bit more unpredictable.

And also online mode is running fine for me. I've played more online games this year already than last year whilst I wait for good patches / option files to become available and I think I've only had one poor connection based game in the 100 or so I've played.

Sometimes people are happy to blame Konami without looking at their own networking.

my network is just fine, it's Konami that has the problem.

fuck an eh, me and my boy played last night and the game was atrocious, we got crushed my the computer and we could not do shit a week after feeling like we dominiated and were playing beatiful soccer. Difference was two vs the cpu this time and last time it was three of us in the master leauge against the cpu. PLayer switching is BROKEN with two players... Seems they are fixing
Player switching is borked full stop. Konami releasing a patch for it apparently.

PES 18 is close to being the best football game ever but graphics ,movement and gameplay cant hide the elephant in the room. Can you even class a game with no penalties in it as a football game at all?
Konami knew the issue re fouls and Penalties last year and instead of fixing it and improving the game gave us PES18 with even less fouls and no penalties at all. I had 2 penalties playing PES17 for a year and id expect even less in PES18. I hope Konami will address the problem but I don't have much faith that they will. Used to be great fun trying to score from free kicks around the box or to blast in a penalty in the last few minutes.
Ive been playing PES since the first one on PS1 and this is only the 2nd time I have not bought it on release. Its like a Rugby game with no Scrums and while its fantastic in many ways and close to being a great game it falls flat on its face due to the lack of fouls and penalties.
Had the rival game (I wont be buying it) had the same issue it would be mocked and rightly so but out of loyalty many people buy PES18 anyway. If more people refused to buy it until it was fixed Konami would fix it in a week but as sales are probably as good or better than last year why would they bother.

i noticed another bug. i put attacking fullbacks on in advanced instruction and it meant my full backs became like a winger getting so far forward and my actual wingers had to defend. i thought putting this instruction on would mean my full backs get forward more and overlap down the wing like they should do. that shouldn't mean my actual wingers stay back and defend but that is what happens.

True. Bluewomble88 filled the last one.

Now, seriously: Has anyone else experienced a difference in how players dribble less and have less of those nice contextual animations after patch 1.01.02?. I feel like ball shielding and these other animations I'm talking about are less noticeable now.

When I got the game (on release date) I felt like they happened a lot more often.

Connections dip and change constantly.
so why didn't I have these issues with PES2017 online? Or any other game I play? This is 100% on Konami, anyone who doesn't see that their servers re wacked out and need to be fixed/adjusted is just ignoring the issue. This same issue was there for 2017 the first week, then they adjusted something on the server and it worked fine since. My wired internet is 100 down 20 up and it doesn't dip enough to create any latency, lag etc.

Most people here just enjoy the offline mode. That´s it.
I would be very surprised that most here don't play myclub tbh.

Loving this game and playing myclub almost exclusively. I am able to scalp some pretty big teams with lower rated teams just by playing patiently and doing some obvious tactical changes. 3-5-3 with wingback in advanced settings and I am smoking the opposition with players in the low 70s

433 is no longer the best formation as it exposes your midfield. Gegenpress which is another fan favourite works for all of 30 game minutes and opens you up to long passes over the top. If you ride the initial onslaught you can easily take the game.

Absolutely loving this game atm. Haven't had much lag either I would say 1 out of every 5 games have noticeable lag.

I have a quick question for those playing offline...
Yesterday I tried giving the game another chance. Played in Professional and had good games but overall it became a bit too easy. So now in TP, I get competitive games BUT the AI just scores on me with a long ball air through pass (for some reason my defense just stares) and is left 1-on-1 with the keeper. Had 3 games yesterday, I'd say 80% of the goals were like this.
My question is, is there anything to do with the tactics to help this? I tried lowering my defense line but still happens. Such a shame because under all of these problems there is an enjoyable game. I can even live without the fouls... but wish the AI was a bit more unpredictable.
The only thing I can say on that is
1 defending is different here,takes a long time getting use to it,sending a player to press,switch to be ready for a pass through the middle,or wings.
You have to anticipate much more what the CPU might do
You'll crack it

2 player marking
Strikers/wingers/playmakers

I've gone from losing to Juventus or Inter by 4-1/5-0 to having a close game.
Sounds condescending,but practise,be smart,back off,put normal pressure,look for player runs etc
Takes a long time learning this one

Dont start with the fan boy shite, everyone's opinion is valid here.

excuse me??? I've been here for many years, played PES since the beginning, there is no trolling here... crap online is not an opinion by the way. I guess the fan boy shite hit a nerve huh?

excuse me??? I've been here for many years, played PES since the beginning, there is no trolling here... crap online is not an opinion by the way. I guess the fan boy shite hit a nerve huh?

You know, its amazing how many people say they have been here years as if its some sort of plea in mitigation.
By implying any of the members are "fanboys" in the discussion You are trolling and inviting responses that will once again set the thread on fire.
The only thing that will get hit is the ban button.Huh?

Well... if you come to a Forum dedicated to PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER (I bet you never realized why the EVO was in the URL) mostly, you'll PROBABLY find fanboys. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's like walking into an Apple Store and complaining about only iPhone cel phones being sold. Funny huh?.

Back
Top Bottom