PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Fouls and the proper implementation of the advantage rule and delayed yellow cards have all been broken for several years now. I have a feeling they won't/can't be fixed until something like a new "engine" is created or new code is written... unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

Don't be daft. PES was my teenage years and most of my 20's. I just don't think the recent titles have enough positives to be representative of 2017 gaming. It has some great bits (graphics, faces, animations) but it's unforgivable not to have penalties in the game and the same useless audio/commentary 20 years on.

Don't be daft. PES was my teenage years and most of my 20's. I just don't think the recent titles have enough positives to be representative of 2017 gaming. It has some great bits (graphics, faces, animations) but it's unforgivable not to have penalties in the game and the same useless audio/commentary 20 years on.
A post like that iis constructive,and I absolutely agree on some of those concerns
So I have absolutely no issues with that.
It's the other post,the one you remarked on that has no meaning ior purpose at all.
I think you can see that ?

There are dozens of great litle things like that were omitted.
I remember that the amount of spectators was once related with the the ranking of your team too.
Also: the ability to set the transfer frequency in ML.

And then the mode (i don't remember the exact) the road to the World Cup, that was great, why stop with it?
They once even omitted the League mode...

KOnami are an enigma sometimes.

OK, so i have played about 15 to 20 games since Monday night.

I have fully edited it using the option file posted a few pages back.

I play ML on TP PA1 and basic shooting but i mainly use L2 manual shooting.

Play some great football but...

fouls in the danger zones are non existent, i played about 50 games on the demo and had about 3 free kicks... zero pens. yesterday i recieved my first penalty i still havent received any free kicks inside 25yards. @mehuk please stop trying to say its all about how people play... i have watched my players be decimated off the ball as well as on it and received nothing..

HOWEVER in the middle of the park i win 1 or 2 every 3 or so games. Also... speed... im sorry but there really isnt a difference CONSISTENTLY in players speed... Ashley Williams can not out run Sadio Mané or Mo Salah... thats fact.

Also it seems the AI can run THROUGH tackles except my players get barged off the ball by Juan Mata or he just easily dispossess my 85+ dribbling players.. is this a formulae error for the strength on the ball and physical contact stats? im not so sure i think its difficulty setting.

FOR me the code needs to change.. physical stats need to matter if player A is fast than B i expect A to win every time until he is tired.. but even then over short distances A would still be quicker.

Dribble speed needs to come back, players like Lallana who arent blessed with quick pace, still have quick feet for dribbling... i dont feel it shows in this game.

HOWEVER graphically and on exhibition mode this game is fantastic.. so much has been done right... its just sad theres a few negatives.

Ok, let´s get some things wright. Nowadays, games are not programmed for consistency, it´s the other way around, and frankly, I like that.

Then to all those seeing all the mistakes in the game, first of all, you have to undertand it. It´s not matter of well you play it, instead it´s a matter of reading the match, and understand why the game does certain things to you. Most of the guys here don´t realise that the matches flow based on momentum. I have seen my team play like garbage, and that´s where I know I have to calm down, pass the ball around my defence, slowly building momentum.

When I have the momentum on my side (it´s really noticeable), I can see my team winning lots of 50/50 balls, players winning speed (even the slower ones) and passes going better. That´s when I start to attack and risk a bit more.

If you understand this basic concept, you´ll enjoy this much better, and accept the fact that sometimes you have to loose situations where you think you should always win. Most of the times momentum is interpreted as scripting, but really, it´s how you actually see things. Be aware of this, and play according... trust me, it´s a much better game when do it.

@xicpanad

I get all that... but regardless... If I am clearly faster than you then I am faster... you wont ever beat me in a race. Physical stats should always matter. Nobody is a slow runner because of an off day. Even on a bad day Cristiano Ronaldo will outrun John Terry EVERY time.

Im happy for technical stats having a slight variance in their consistency but perhaps make the FORM stat more impactful?

There are ways around all of the bull. But like i said i still think the game is GREAT and another step in the right direction on a very difficult path!

Ok, let´s get some things wright. Nowadays, games are not programmed for consistency, it´s the other way around, and frankly, I like that.

Then to all those seeing all the mistakes in the game, first of all, you have to undertand it. It´s not matter of well you play it, instead it´s a matter of reading the match, and understand why the game does certain things to you. Most of the guys here don´t realise that the matches flow based on momentum. I have seen my team play like garbage, and that´s where I know I have to calm down, pass the ball around my defence, slowly building momentum.

When I have the momentum on my side (it´s really noticeable), I can see my team winning lots of 50/50 balls, players winning speed (even the slower ones) and passes going better. That´s when I start to attack and risk a bit more.

If you understand this basic concept, you´ll enjoy this much better, and accept the fact that sometimes you have to loose situations where you think you should always win. Most of the times momentum is interpreted as scripting, but really, it´s how you actually see things. Be aware of this, and play according... trust me, it´s a much better game when do it.

I kinda understand what you're saying. And I kinda agree too. In fact, I wrote this post yesterday night before going to sleep https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-master-league-adventures-thread.75473/page-225#post-3240034 in which I did exactly that, on my last game.

I don't know if it's scripted or it just happens naturally. But I think you might be on to something.

I kinda understand what you're saying. And I kinda agree too. In fact, I wrote this post yesterday night before going to sleep https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-master-league-adventures-thread.75473/page-225#post-3240034 in which I did exactly that, on my last game.

I don't know if it's scripted or it just happens naturally. But I think you might be on to something.

He is definitely onto something. i have thought like this for years.. BUT i will maintain physical stats should make a difference.

You only have to look at how physical stats matter in the premier league.

He is definitely onto something. i have thought like this for years.. BUT i will maintain physical stats should make a difference.

What do you mean by 'physical stats'?.

Speed Stamina Strength ect.

Mostly speed and stamina.. in ML i had Ashley Williams with circa 70 something in speed and stamina outpace Mo Salah with 90's for speed and iirc 80 something stamina... im sorry but thats bullshit.

Trust me, they do. They try to replicate the situations where even the fastest players sometimes get caught, due to other in match factors. I do understand that maybe this is a bit overrated, but still, it brings some good balance to the game.

I believe that the results of some matches are set in stone before kickoff. . .all the building of momentum in the World won't change it .. .it's called scripting .. . .momentum happens in each game . .it's there to give the impression of balance in the play and swings back and forth in most matches, you just have to recognise it and try take advantage . . .like a window of opportunity.

Trust me, they do. They try to replicate the situations where even the fastest players sometimes get caught, due to other in match factors. I do understand that maybe this is a bit overrated, but still, it brings some good balance to the game.

What other factors is there?! I even set the grass to short.. but even then Salah was caught up on.. its ludicrous. There is no factor in that game to prevent speed other than scripting. There is not other factor in real football that stops fast players winning 1 on 1 races. Its science pal.

I believe that the results of some matches are set in stone before kickoff. . .all the building of momentum in the World won't change it .. .it's called scripting .. . .momentum happens in each game . .it's there to give the impression of balance in the play and swings back and forth in most matches, you just have to recognise it and try take advantage . . .like a window of opportunity.

Yep, it´s totally there. I believe that every game has a chance to score. The higher the level, the harder it gets, but you still have that chance when momentum kicks in your favor. Tactics are hugely important here. I lost my game today against Porto and mainly because my tactic wasn´t working. I couldn´t build momentum.

Superstar is simply too much in my opinion. Scripting is always there but on Superstar your success window is too short. Also, playing less then 15 mins doesn´t make sense to me now. There´s not enough time of good momentum to make my chances pay.

What other factors is there?! I even set the grass to short.. but even then Salah was caught up on.. its ludicrous. There is no factor in that game to prevent speed other than scripting. There is not other factor in real football that stops fast players winning 1 on 1 races. Its science pal.

Yes I understand that, that´s why I said that it´s not well implemented in the game. Thing is, defensive awareness is weak on these games, so that is an option to hide the bad defence. If not, all matches would be a running/dribling fest, pretty much like Fifa. If you´re playing on Superstar, it´s ridiculous, but again, Superstar is not aimed at realism at all.

Yep, it´s totally there. I believe that every game has a chance to score. The higher the level, the harder it gets, but you still have that chance when momentum kicks in your favor. Tactics are hugely important here. I lost my game today against Porto and mainly because my tactic wasn´t working. I couldn´t build momentum.

Superstar is simply too much in my opinion. Scripting is always there but on Superstar your success window is too short. Also, playing less then 15 mins doesn´t make sense to me now. There´s not enough time of good momentum to make my chances pay.

I usually play Superstar manual and this year it's really tough. . .scripting is too strong sometimes. ..we had this at the start of Pes 2017 ML and they eventually calmed it down.

Last edited:
You know what? I think I've read a few people complaining about catch-up bug being still present in this game as well.
I consider myself the #1 hater of the C.U.B (that's what I will call it from now on). Yet I haven't perceived it to be nowhere near as bad as you describe. Until this year, there was litterally dozens of us complaining about it every day. Now, I've only read 3 or 4. Maybe 5.

The difference between player's speeds should be more noticeable. I agree with that. I would love it to be more noticeable.
But I'm OK with the balance they've accomplished. I can live with it.

See i prefer to play with ball players. BUT do like one or two options of pace.. Mané and Salah both have that in abundance so i dont play this like FIFA.. thats a whole different sport.

I read people say there is no midfield battles... i dont agree.. i FORCE midfield play.. however... PES can be played where midfield is none existent. Much like physical stats.

Back
Top Bottom