PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I've noticed something recently, when defending a goal kick, my player that is nearest to the touchline at the top of the screen is always out of position. When I play with Spurs, it's Wanyama that is a long way away from his DMF position, when I use Napoli, it's Allan or Zielinski that's out of position. I don't understand why they're there because it should be (Napoli) Callejon/Mertens or (Spurs) Son/Alli that should be there and not one of my midfielders.

Does anyone know why this happens?

I set adv instructions for teams in edit mode however when I play against the team in exhibition mode, the adv instructions didnt active for the ai. I dont know about formations though. Is this normal?

Really enjoy this game. I watched arsenal today...and thought about pes, they really got the speed and the movement right in the game. Looks very similar.

Still some flaws that i hope get fixed in the patch.

- lobbed through balls. I can handle it ok now, but still need to lower the amount of those

-fouls. As i play manual i get quite a few, but need more. Not a single penalty yet

-the reactions on loose balls/change player. This is combined. When there is a loose ball the computer players are too slow to react on them and when u try to change to the closest player it doesnt always work.

-Centre backs to be more aggressive/mark their strikers in build up play. When ai build up their play and i try to close their space and cut passing options, they usually can find a pass through to their striker with my centre backs a few meters away from them, even with man marked on. i think this is something they can fix that also will lower the lobbed through balls. Cause the through balls usually start with a straigh pass to their striker, that is all by himself and can pass back easy or turn and make a through ball out wide.

Still a lovely game

I set adv instructions for teams in edit mode however when I play against the team in exhibition mode, the adv instructions didnt active for the ai. I dont know about formations though. Is this normal?

yes, is the KONAMI way to script, so edit advanced tactis is totally useless they are overrided (by the bin i guess) , the only thing that you can do is try to recognize some singular behavior in some tactis (licensed team over all, but in more than 500 team there a lot of dirrent behaviors), basically barca have tiki taka , liverpool ge-gen and false 9 and so on.
The only way is watch how they play, but atm there is also some bug in the most of the unlicensed teams that never switch to att advance tactics (red quarter).
When recognized save/loade this tactis and customize as you like

oh so its not only me ...... i wanted to edit advenced tactic but seems AI doesnt use them so its useless . Lack of individuality and now ad tactic doesnt work. Eh..... :(

yes, is the KONAMI way to script, so edit advanced tactis is totally useless they are overrided (by the bin i guess) , the only thing that you can do is try to recognize some singular behavior in some tactis (licensed team over all, but in more than 500 team there a lot of dirrent behaviors), basically barca have tiki taka , liverpool ge-gen and false 9 and so on.
The only way is watch how they play, but atm there is also some bug in the most of the unlicensed teams that never switch to att advance tactics (red quarter).
When recognized save/loade this tactis and customize as you like
Man i like the combo of defensive, wing back and gegenpress but its impossible to apply them to the ai. The lack of customization in this game is weird

Anyway, rant over. As another manual user have said: using L1 + O can be quite deadly. Here a couple of magic moments from my UCL campaign:

L1 + O? Are you sure that's who you do no-touch dribbling moves?.
Or are you referring to the driven pass?

I suck on this game! Cant win on Superstar. Well, I win sometimes but I think my rate is 50 losts, 30 draws and 5 wins. Man, who was talking that this game is too easy o n Superstar and was winning by 5 goals to nill? Post video and let me see it. That guy was full of s***.

Sorry. I just lost 10 straitght games right now. Anyway, Superstar is cheated and top player is boring. Now what? Cant stop playing thou...this game is extremely addictive.

Some advice for Konami, instead of making improved faces next year, yes I understand it's a different team, but I'm assuming they are paying that team, instead of paying them why don't u spend that money dedicated to a ML team that can make that mode special, is it that fkn hard, faces are good enough for the next 5 yrs.
Now cos ML is so fkn boring Iv gone over to the other game to try and find a way to enjoy it cos there career mode is light years ahead, also in terms of objectives it's fkn embarrassing and lazily made tbh, controlling a team like stoke and only objective is to finish top 9, really exciting, I'm controlling stoke in the other game and I have 6 objectives ranging from improving my youth team to improve finances etc, so now for next year only way il be buying pes is if ML has the same depth as EA at the absolute minimum, adam and asim can say its business, well losing customers and ones that were dedicated to the series through the shit times is not good business you would think.

Last edited:
player switching is a joke. ive had times where i play a through pass to one of my players and he runs onto it but i want to swtich to another player and it won't let me ! i don't know if its a bug or not.

L1 + O? Are you sure that's who you do no-touch dribbling moves?.
Or are you referring to the driven pass?

Yeah, I'm talking about the driven pass/cross. Here's another one and with a triggered run a bit before the pass:

The no touch dribble I just do a little flick with the left stick.

I'm really liking the gameplay but it gets really repetitive a lot especially on ML. I only played a couple of games last night and got bored fast. There is no immersion and appeal in playing any mode. I bought PES at a high price and I'm pretty disappointed, the content is very low compared to FIFA. Both ML and BAL have been the same shit for years. MyClub is just a super cheap version of FUT. There should be a variety of challenges, not just opening balls and playing matches online. Also you expect me to spend so much time on MyClub looking at those shitty looking menus and ball openings lol.

I'm really liking the gameplay but it gets really repetitive a lot especially on ML. I only played a couple of games last night and got bored fast. There is no immersion and appeal in playing any mode. I bought PES at a high price and I'm pretty disappointed, the content is very low compared to FIFA. Both ML and BAL have been the same shit for years. MyClub is just a super cheap version of FUT. There should be a variety of challenges, not just opening balls and playing matches online. Also you expect me to spend so much time on MyClub looking at those shitty looking menus and ball openings lol.

Been playing ML and really it's a very shallow experience, Some great moments in matches pop up from time to time. But on the long term it's pathetic really at this day and age.As not needing to use more than 14 players all season and having no injuries or fatigue is an immersion breaker. I tend to consider any player with an orange arrow or below as injured and not play him LOL

Also there's some potential for tactical battles playing v the AI as on top player it has less scripting, But your player individuality drops when the script kicks in,Salah is no longer fast, Coutinho can't pass and Mane can't dribble.Adding to that the repetitive goals where it,'s either a lofted through ball, cross with a slow header or you gk conveniently palming a shot to their striker.

As Liverpool manager I got approached by Everton to be their manager mid season, The game doesn't even recognise rivalry it seems. These are issues that shouldn't be in a game at this day and age!

player switching is a joke. ive had times where i play a through pass to one of my players and he runs onto it but i want to swtich to another player and it won't let me ! i don't know if its a bug or not.
Yes its a bug and I think Konami will fix it in the next patch "as Adam said"

The individuality in some players is just sublime in this game. I tend to play with a good/great team one match and then a less good team the other online and then you really can feel the difference. I enjoy both though. The feeling of holding your ground with say, Independiente against a bigger team is so nice. But it's then refreshing to use like, Roma, after a tough match focusing on defending. Funny thing is I usually play really bad navigating the bigger teams though!

What is wrong with the fact that a Liverpool manager is approached by Everton?
Soul Campbell did go from Spurs to Arsenal, Raffa was manager with both Liverpool and Chelsea, look at the amount of players who played for both Inter and AC Milan, Bonucci going from Juventus to AC Milan...

But for the record, i do agree that ML needs a serious revamp.

Oh and big news, i got a penalty in BAL mode, IMO it was not a penalty. The GK caused it on my player, to be honest it was a situation like Mané against City, but inside the box. I feared for a red card but got a penalty. Finally.

Really like to play with England in this game. Kane is a beast. Superstar, Game speed -1

Belgium is strong too with so many star players

Last edited:
I want a better and deeper career mode on PES.
I love the game play,minus obvious flaws,but ML needs to be so much better.
Objectives
Being able to have 3 divisions in the league your playing
What's stopping konami from having a Lega Pro,or a L1 ?
Tradition?
This mode is so shallow,not saying I'm not enjoying playing it,but konami needs update it.
And on the matter of objectives
Build a good academy
Balance the books
Have a top 5-9 finish
Etc etc
Doesn't matter how much I love playing this game,konami needs to update it

Why i love Pes 2018, it just feels so natural and realistic, even compared to Pes 2017.

It's frustrating though having to deal with the same issues that bring it down every year, like fouls or lack of care on everything that is not on the pitch.

In my opinion they don't lie, the pitch is KONAMI's, unfortunately the rest is EA's.

It's frustating that the rest like presentation,chants and atmosphere KONAMI forget in ther game. I undestatnd licenses becuse its big money but menus,atmosphere, baners? Its shame, becuse its not big deal to make it.Such small stuff to do it and they fail in this department. Shame.

Wowowowo... Wait a minute.
Something just hit me.

Do you guys remember last year around this time, how everyone started saying that imported kits made the game faster and unplayable?.

We, PES fans, are truly one of a kind.

Last edited:
Downloaded the J League file on Pesworld, 18 teams,started to play, 5 competition games now with Kawashima Antlers, not 1 backheel pass from AI in these 5 games on topplayer level.

Back
Top Bottom